53 1,136 Read More
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Re: PSA TexDawg 3 minutes ago
Nice
10 266 Read More
Re: Ammo lands OK man in Caribbean slammer Canino 5 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Allison1
He made a big mistake and I would bet money he won't spend time or be convicted.

I hope the state department has become involved in it.

They most likely won't. The US Government / embassy / ambassador getting involved in a situation where an American is being held for a crime in a foreign country is something that only happens in the movies for the most part. You do see something being done occasionally, like the time Biden traded a woman basketball player for an arms dealer. But this guy is from the most conservative state in the union, so not much chance of any help. I do hope I'm wrong.

Another Hollywood fabrication: Try running into an American Embassy waving your passport like a spy being chased by filthy commies and they'll stop you at the door and tell you to make an appointment online - and the next available appointment is in two weeks, and that's only for passport issues.
20 460 Read More
Re: Reggie get's his trophy back COFF 6 minutes ago
I know 4 guys, both family members and close family friends that played at D1 colleges, and 3 of them went on to the NFL.

The cash in a duffle bag stories are real. The stories about winning a raffle or sweepstakes are real. However the stories about the girls they bring in to parties are, if anything, understated.
15 342 Read More
Re: University of Texas TexDawg 7 minutes ago
Shaun rabb is all over it
6 92 Read More
Re: Tornadoes, severe weather to escalate as 'dangerous pattern' evolves over U.S. Douglas J 17 minutes ago
Originally Posted by John175☮
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by RayBob
Originally Posted by Douglas J
I cannot wait until we move to Southern La where all we have to worry about is an occasional hurricane. We have a farm a little farther north we can run to when the hurricanes come calling.

The Parrish we are moving to has 65 recorded tornadoes since they started documenting the weather. I have been here for my entire life and love Texas, but honestly will not miss the hail, sever thunderstorms and naders!

Not sure how far inland your farm is from the coast but 150 miles is the standard. In La. I'd guess at about Alexandria.

Which Parish are you moving to? Spent a whole lotta time in Cameron Parish fishing and shrimping in the 80's and 90's. Good days !

Farm is 10 miles south of Mississippi state line, about 180 "ish" miles from the "coast".

Moving to E. Baton Parish, in Jefferson Place - Bocage, if you are familiar with the area

As for the "no winter", there is a lot more mild weather than most think, as you get farther south it is a little different

Taxes are reasonable, my retirement is state income tax exempt. Lots of family and we will never miss the Tigers playing in DV again!

Stay off my fish Doug!

they are all in the Boyz d Ark
28 1,298 Read More
Bass Fishing Jump to new posts
Re: Found a tackle bag Topwater2 47 minutes ago
4 384 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Shimano Antares HG 70 & Antares HG 70 DC rwcbass 49 minutes ago
TTT
1 150 Read More
Re: Shimano BFS Expride NWT & Scorpion BFS Reel rwcbass 50 minutes ago
TTT
1 159 Read More
Re: G loomis, shimano, Dobyns, rods for sale rwcbass 51 minutes ago
Ttt
3 285 Read More
Seattle at Ranger, 4/24 Allison1 52 minutes ago
Game starts at 7:05.
B. Miller is starting for Seattle and Gray is starting for the Rangers.

I've been to two games and we lost them both. I am afraid if we don't win tonight I may not get to go again.
0 34 Read More
Crappie Fishing Jump to new posts
Re: crispy fish fry breading? avid_basser 54 minutes ago
Andy's Fish Fry mixed with Japanese Panko

You can thank me later.

Andy's Cajun

Panko
4 512 Read More
Re: Costas for flat face?? Bob Davis 1 hour ago
Great pics. Rare maybe to get this close to them or see them. thumb
5 161 Read More
Re: Does Tungsten Matter? avid_basser 1 hour ago
lbock for troll of the year....

Short and pointed answer = YES.
5 205 Read More
Re: Firefly's lconn4 1 hour ago
I really enjoy seeing them.. usually see them in the summer time at my place.. never a lot of them here but will see a few every evening just before dark.. I don’t know if there is anything to it scientifically, but when I see them flying high, near the tops of pine trees, I swear the approaching system from the gulf is going to be a big one… have seen it too many times to the point I’m looking for them high in the sky… where I’ve never seen them unless rain was headed this way.
22 814 Read More
Re: Smallmouth at Canyon RCarter 1 hour ago
Got to fish rock for the smallies Matt....... thumb
4 279 Read More
Re: Noncompete HasBen 1 hour ago
I dealt with one noncompete situation in my career. Our company was sold and a lot of management was eventually let go. In order to get your severance check you had to sign a one year non compete agreement. The severance was a lump sum payment equal to one years salary, so it wasn’t insignificant. No one questioned the ethics or legality of the agreement, but I believe most took it, signed it, and ran.
48 1,411 Read More
Open Saltwater Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Rockport RCarter 1 hour ago
Stop by Rockport Tackle Town and speak with Mike.... smile
5 255 Read More
Re: Tournament Rules on Max HP Dale Gribble 1 hour ago
Congrats !
52 1,902 Read More
Re: Crackhead Barney RCarter 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Lakhota
I laughed that he was being harassed and laughed when he smacked her. I think it was a win win in this case.

thumb
11 709 Read More
Re: Large Tackle Lots FS Matt Webb 1 hour ago
Ttt
5 803 Read More
Re: For those that missed out on Lake Fairfield- Now Lake Monticello! Captain Break-Off 1 hour ago

Originally Posted by nfhbass
Originally Posted by Captain Break-Off
Not likely that the TP&W will consider a purchase of this property, it will take millions more to develop it into a suitable state park on top of the purchase price, not to mention that they have Bob Sandlin state park just a few miles away to the west and Dangerfield state park a few more miles away to the east. But of coarse, stranger things have happened. This is just my 2 cents and my opinion for whatever that is worth.

Why does it need to be a state park? Can’t it just have the old co ramp, if you want a state park experience you could just like you said, go down to bob sandlin

Or better yet, just pay to remove the dam, and let the private development of the land occur

Being a state park would be the only way that it would make any kind of financial sense, the state isn't going to shell out 131 million just to give people a place to fish. As a state park it can generate enough to help support itself at the very least . As a county park, it wouldn't even generate enough revenue to pay the employees that would staff the front gate .
9 664 Read More
Photos & Videos Jump to new posts
Re: Moon 04/24 FishDFly 1 hour ago
Is that the moon's belly button to the bottom right?
5 150 Read More
Re: Bait and Lures for sales Ibock 1 hour ago
bump
9 1,580 Read More
Catfishing Jump to new posts
Re: Shrimp on juglines Hailyeah 1 hour ago
We tore em up today. The weather was perfect with a light south wind. We put out 16 and caught 17, releasing 3 small ones in little over an hour. No real big ones- all blues but 2. The 4/0 octopus circle hooks worked fine and I thought a little easier to remove. I am certain we could have caught a lot more, but when you are cleaning fish, fewer is better and I am not trying to fill my freezer, just catch enough along to eat as we go. I had one jug get hit as soon as I dropped it with others already bobbing. By far the best I have done with jugs this spring.
11 742 Read More
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 64 65
© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide