Forums59
Topics1,039,912
Posts13,972,128
Members144,222
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: TallBaldCypress] #13965996 04/19/21 04:52 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TallBaldCypress
LOL so many people talking [censored]. Yall girls really need to get some business!

Smooth, organized. efficient, breakfast, ice, coffee, nice gift bag, plenty of raffle items, entertainment and all the "proceeds" go to conservation. Is there another tournament that pays 75k to 1st and 2nd place for a $900 entry fee and give you action @ $1m for a top 40 finish?

I've sat in longer lines waiting to launch and weigh in at a 150 boat BFLs for a chance to win $6k against local hammers for $250 with zero perks.

Yea, and to heck with Ray Roberts. In 3 days we caught white bass, a goo, a 15# buffalo carp (I thought we were gonna win when I set the hook) and 4 burners for 6.14. flush_2

It was a very well ran event. Not to mention big bass paid the basses weight in pounds. Big bass was a 9 pounder, so 9,000 dollars.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: grandbassslayer] #13966001 04/19/21 05:00 PM
S
SoCal Tom Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Congrats to those Anderson boys (Bruce and John) on their 9th place finish! cheers

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

http://www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
President

Save the Date! 9th annual FFAC - Sunday October 27th, 2024 - Lake Ray Hubbard!
Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: WAWI] #13966008 04/19/21 05:08 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by WAWI
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by WAWI
Hopefully they shot gun start it. Bunch of rangers so no real risk in doing so.

Some tritons are pretty quick.

The Triton's will be way out front, the rangers will be dragging behind a mile and the nitros wont start and wint leave marina

My neighbor and his partner got his Nitro there, unloaded Sunday AM, and his Mercury blew. splat

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: Brent S] #13966011 04/19/21 05:09 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Brent S
LOL so many people talking [censored]. Yall girls really need to get some business!

Smooth, organized. efficient, breakfast, ice, coffee, nice gift bag, plenty of raffle items, entertainment and all the "proceeds" go to conservation. Is there another tournament that pays 75k to 1st and 2nd place for a $900 entry fee and give you action @ $1m for a top 40 finish?

I've sat in longer lines waiting to launch and weigh in at a 150 boat BFLs for a chance to win $6k against local hammers for $250 with zero perks.

Yea, and to heck with Ray Roberts. In 3 days we caught white bass, a goo, a 15# buffalo carp (I thought we were gonna win when I set the hook) and 4 burners for 6.14. flush_2

It was a very well ran event. Not to mention big bass paid the basses weight in pounds. Big bass was a 9 pounder, so 9,000 dollars.

cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: grandbassslayer] #13966014 04/19/21 05:13 PM
triton37 Offline
Angler
Angler
I have listed to people say all kinds of things about this from its name to gift cards. Its pretty simple. This was the very biggest, best, well run tournament I have ever fished bar non and I have fished all the Texas circuits period. The pay out was great, big bass payout was great, period. The W 9 was for over 600 in winnings, just like TTT , Champs, etc. Yu guys need to lighten up, this was a awesome event to fish or just attend. I set a bar that may not be equaled in any tournament I ever fish the rest of my life. Thanks

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: triton37] #13966018 04/19/21 05:18 PM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by triton37
I have listed to people say all kinds of things about this from its name to gift cards. Its pretty simple. This was the very biggest, best, well run tournament I have ever fished bar non and I have fished all the Texas circuits period. The pay out was great, big bass payout was great, period. The W 9 was for over 600 in winnings, just like TTT , Champs, etc. Yu guys need to lighten up, this was a awesome event to fish or just attend. I set a bar that may not be equaled in any tournament I ever fish the rest of my life. Thanks

They required anyone that placed to fill them out. I said this is only needed for winnings for over 600 a piece. They just didn’t understand. Bar none a great well run event. Not complaining one bit. The work they put into the weigh in was very impressive. We had a lot of struggles with receiving emails in the beginning. For example they were sending emails to my Baylor email I Havnt had access to for 10
Years. That was def not the one that was listed. Just prob had multiple databases etc and at sometime I had used that at bass pro in the past. Overall fantastic event, lake fished tougher than nails looking at results. Looking forward to the championship and my wife I looking forward to a trip to Branson lol

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: Barrett] #13966022 04/19/21 05:23 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Barrett

They required anyone that placed to fill them out. I said this is only needed for winnings for over 600 a piece. They just didn’t understand. Bar none a great well run event. Not complaining one bit. The work they put into the weigh in was very impressive. We had a lot of struggles with receiving emails in the beginning. For example they were sending emails to my Baylor email I Havnt had access to for 10
Years. That was def not the one that was listed. Just prob had multiple databases etc and at sometime I had used that at bass pro in the past. Overall fantastic event, lake fished tougher than nails looking at results. Looking forward to the championship and my wife I looking forward to a trip to Branson lol

Good luck at Table Rock

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: TallBaldCypress] #13966027 04/19/21 05:28 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop

Well, I am a business owner. And I have a right to make a statement. And I think giving out gift cards as a place/prize is a joke. Yes, its very smart on Morris's behalf. But kinda crappy for the anglers.
Im not knocking the trail or how it was run. Just think the gift cards and W9's for $600 is a way for him to put cash in his pocket and use the gift cards as a write off for his own company.
So if Im not mistaken, all the guys that won gift cards and filled out W9's will be paying tax on that. Why do you think it reads "proceeds goes to conservation!" He's a very smart business man indeed.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: triton37] #13966046 04/19/21 05:45 PM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

Nice! Hoping I get in on the one at Grand.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: grandbassslayer] #13966085 04/19/21 06:17 PM
triton37 Offline
Angler
Angler
I saw no gift cards given as prize/ placing money. All checks made equally to both anglers. Cards we used for additional prizes such as big bass for family, veterans, kids. If you complain about this tournament then you are just looking for something to complain about. I'm guessing they had 50 plus employees working the event including bringing you your weigh bag to your boat. Thanks

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: grandbassslayer] #13966088 04/19/21 06:19 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I was sure wishing I could enter this owners tournament, super jealous of all you guys that were able to fish it! Looked like one of the coolest set ups I’ve seen, pro tournaments and all. What a neat deal to have your family come up and enjoy the festivities before you get up on stage to weigh your catch. Maybe the coolest looking bounce house ever too! Congrats to the guys that advanced, you know we’ll be rooting for our local boys on Tablerock!!

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: triton37] #13966101 04/19/21 06:27 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I saw no gift cards given as prize/ placing money. All checks made equally to both anglers. Cards we used for additional prizes such as big bass for family, veterans, kids. If you complain about this tournament then you are just looking for something to complain about. I'm guessing they had 50 plus employees working the event including bringing you your weigh bag to your boat. Thanks

That was very cool. Bassmaster Opens you get to hike up to the tanks and wait in line forever for a bag.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: Brent S] #13966115 04/19/21 06:46 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Brent S

That was very cool. Bassmaster Opens you get to hike up to the tanks and wait in line forever for a bag.

That’s motivation to make the day 3 cut. Day three you drive to the weigh in, then ride golf carts to the tanks. roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: grandbassslayer] #13966131 04/19/21 06:56 PM
WLBDallas Offline
Angler
Angler
It was an awesome tournament. When you checked-in at a boat ramp, they gave you hot coffee, a breakfast burrito and the entire parking lot was lit up with huge plasma lights. People didn't even turn off their headlights when putting their boat in the water, it was so well lit. They also gave you a big tackle box with several trays, a nice wooden picture frame with the event details engraved on it. Weigh-in was epic too. If you didn't weigh fish, they automatically entered you in a drawing for a $500 BPS gift card.

There isn't a tournament held in Texas, including the Elites that was as nice as this tournament. Every single dollar goes to lake and waterway conservation. The prizes for all the tournaments were funded by BPS and Toyota, along with a number of smaller sponsors (Plano, Tervis and a few others). For everyone that is complaining about the tax forms, BPS has to do it due to their status. I couldn't believe how well this was run.

The only complaint was the take-off/blast-off. There were around 40 boats at Pond and seeing them all leave at the same time at 6:30 was reckless. There were boats going north, south and some that didn't know where they were going. Overall, the only improvement would have been to have people trickle out as they arrived to the boat launch with a first cast at 7 or a traditional blast-off.

Also, the competitors were some of the nicest people I've ever met. People were courteous at the boat ramp and there were workers helping people back in and pull out, keeping the ramps moving well on arrival and departure.

I was told they will be doing this annually and I'll always participate. It was first class.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier [Re: WLBDallas] #13966146 04/19/21 07:07 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by WLBDallas
It was an awesome tournament. When you checked-in at a boat ramp, they gave you hot coffee, a breakfast burrito and the entire parking lot was lit up with huge plasma lights. People didn't even turn off their headlights when putting their boat in the water, it was so well lit. They also gave you a big tackle box with several trays, a nice wooden picture frame with the event details engraved on it. Weigh-in was epic too. If you didn't weigh fish, they automatically entered you in a drawing for a $500 BPS gift card.

There isn't a tournament held in Texas, including the Elites that was as nice as this tournament. Every single dollar goes to lake and waterway conservation. The prizes for all the tournaments were funded by BPS and Toyota, along with a number of smaller sponsors (Plano, Tervis and a few others). For everyone that is complaining about the tax forms, BPS has to do it due to their status. I couldn't believe how well this was run.

The only complaint was the take-off/blast-off. There were around 40 boats at Pond and seeing them all leave at the same time at 6:30 was reckless. There were boats going north, south and some that didn't know where they were going. Overall, the only improvement would have been to have people trickle out as they arrived to the boat launch with a first cast at 7 or a traditional blast-off.

Also, the competitors were some of the nicest people I've ever met. People were courteous at the boat ramp and there were workers helping people back in and pull out, keeping the ramps moving well on arrival and departure.

I was told they will be doing this annually and I'll always participate. It was first class.

Very cool to hear they will do it annually. My dad and I compared the takeoff from Pond and the Marina as a medieval battle. We got in front of it all at Pond trying to get to the east arm. It looked chaotic as we passed.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide