Texas Fishing Forum

April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier

Posted By: grandbassslayer

April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 03:08 PM

Anyone here signed up?
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 03:15 PM

I was fixing to sign up, until I saw the cost. Thought deep and hard about it, but felt the $$$ was better suited for my family.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 03:33 PM

Ready to roll and I know of a lot of local guys that are in it as well.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
I was fixing to sign up, until I saw the cost. Thought deep and hard about it, but felt the $$$ was better suited for my family.

What's the entry?
Posted By: buda13

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 03:42 PM

Anyone know the specifics yet? Numbered takeoff? Trailering? Field of 250 boats? Not fishing the tournament but will be on the lake, trying to put together a plan on where and what time to launch.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
Originally Posted by avid_basser

What's the entry?

900 per team. You get 300 "value" gift bag with it.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G
Ready to roll and I know of a lot of local guys that are in it as well.

Good luck! Let us know how the whole process is.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 03:49 PM

Gonna be stacked with local hammers. My dad and I are fishing it.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
Anyone know the specifics yet? Numbered takeoff? Trailering? Field of 250 boats? Not fishing the tournament but will be on the lake, trying to put together a plan on where and what time to launch.

We won't know until Friday
Posted By: Loomis ex

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 05:24 PM

If anyone loses a lower unit there, I have a used Yamaha SHO lower unit for a 250hp. Ready to bolt on.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 05:40 PM

Dang Buda. Isn't any way I would go out there fun fishing with a 250 boat tourney on the water especially if the current wind forecast holds which happens to be nearly the exact same as it was for Champs which really pissed me off. The check in and meetings are Friday afternoon. Sounds like it went fairly smooth in the first event and apparently they put on a pretty good show at the weigh in and time leading up to it. It's definitely going out of the marina but not sure on how the take off will work.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 06:05 PM

Hopefully they shot gun start it. Bunch of rangers so no real risk in doing so.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

Some tritons are pretty quick.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 06:39 PM

Tried but did not get in - got on the standby/alternate list and never heard anything further.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 06:42 PM

roflmao
Posted By: BThomas

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 06:44 PM

Do they have an off limits for info and fishing ?

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by BThomas
Do they have an off limits for info and fishing ?

Yes, off limits Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, official practice days Thursday and Friday.

No info rule started Monday.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 07:12 PM

I am fishing elsewhere Saturday! Several big events in a row now guessing the pressure will be getting to the fish. Good luck and everyone be safe!
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 07:28 PM

Heading there tomorrow. Never seen Ray Roberts in my life. Should be fun if not interesting!
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 07:39 PM

Some of them Rangers are wound pretty tight, I saw a few the other day keeping up with the Electric motor Only Tourny last week

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

The Triton's will be way out front, the rangers will be dragging behind a mile and the nitros wont start and wint leave marina

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 08:10 PM

The Triton's will be way out front, the rangers will be dragging behind a mile and the nitros wont start and wint leave marina

You sure the Nitros will make it to the marina before the trailer falls apart?

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by B52

You sure the Nitros will make it to the marina before the trailer falls apart?

Not really lol

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 08:34 PM

Dang and y'all are not even talking about what happens to them once they all start bouncing off the stumps North of the island...
Posted By: BThomas

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1
Some of them Rangers are wound pretty tight, I saw a few the other day keeping up with the Electric motor Only Tourny last week

roflmao

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 09:02 PM

I am planning on fishing in Indian in the pocket on the right as you approach the 922 bridge. I would appreciate it if I could be left alone to fish that by myself. Thank you grin

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/13/21 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G

Dang Buda. Isn't any way I would go out there fun fishing with a 250 boat tourney on the water especially if the current wind forecast holds which happens to be nearly the exact same as it was for Champs which really pissed me off. The check in and meetings are Friday afternoon. Sounds like it went fairly smooth in the first event and apparently they put on a pretty good show at the weigh in and time leading up to it. It's definitely going out of the marina but not sure on how the take off will work.

Gotta do the work sir, doesn’t matter to me how many are on the lake or how hard it’s blowing. I’m putting in another 20 hours or so on the Bob this weekend because it’s when I can!

Heard they are building a big stage for the weigh in at the Marina, looks like a really cool event... wish I was fishing it! cheers
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/14/21 07:03 PM

Also heard you can't even practice out of another brand boat that wouldn't qualify. Weird...
Posted By: justin45

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/15/21 02:00 AM

Pretty stupid that you have to have a certain brand of boat to try to win boat....
Posted By: Dubee

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/15/21 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by justin45
Pretty stupid that you have to have a certain brand of boat to try to win boat....

You mean like Skeeter owners tournament and every other owners tournament

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/15/21 02:10 AM

Not really.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/15/21 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Pretty sure they don’t call those “Open” tournaments either... they call them what they are, owners tournaments. Thinking out loud here, but one would think the US Open would include anyone in the US that meets the amateur angler requirements.... the US Open name sure gets your attention more so than Nitro, Triton, Ranger, ect.. owners tournament though.

Go to the Lake Ray Roberts Marina FB page and look at all the set up photos. Pretty darn impressive.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/15/21 11:51 AM

You would think as much money as I have spent at Bass Pro I could enter their OPEN tournament.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/15/21 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
You would think as much money as I have spent at Bass Pro I could enter their OPEN tournament.

You can, just need a partner with one of the boats listed.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/15/21 03:18 PM

Spent time out there yesterday and it’s for sure going to be an over the top setup. Cool deal for those involved.

Also, it’s Open to any current owner of their boats.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/15/21 04:51 PM

Pretty sure they don’t call those “Open” tournaments either... they call them what they are, owners tournaments. Thinking out loud here, but one would think the US Open would include anyone in the US that meets the amateur angler requirements.... the US Open name sure gets your attention more so than Nitro, Triton, Ranger, ect.. owners tournament though.

Go to the Lake Ray Roberts Marina FB page and look at all the set up photos. Pretty darn impressive.

I agree on the name being an Open is iffy. But he said it was stupid to have to own a certain boat to win a boat. I was just pointing out that's how all owner tournaments are.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/15/21 05:29 PM

I love people coming to fish Ray Roberts, it is a beautiful and fun place to live and fish. I just wish the tournament trails would choose another lake every now and then, spring time is tournament crowded and getting worse it seems. I would be a big fan of limited tournament permits to spread them out a little. Folks at Fork, Sam Rayburn, and a few other tourney hot spots probably feel the same...

Good luck to everyone Saturday, be safe and catch some good ones!
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/15/21 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
I love people coming to fish Ray Roberts, it is a beautiful and fun place to live and fish. I just wish the tournament trails would choose another lake every now and then, spring time is tournament crowded and getting worse it seems. I would be a big fan of limited tournament permits to spread them out a little. Folks at Fork, Sam Rayburn, and a few other tourney hot spots probably feel the same...

Good luck to everyone Saturday, be safe and catch some good ones!

I agree with this...I've been on this lake for 2 years now and it gets hammered, but this year is especially crowded.

Bright side...it allows me to see others breakdown the lake and show me what I may have been missing.
Posted By: 9094

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/15/21 06:38 PM

What you talking about Willis?
According to just about everyone that owns a new Ranger except me says their boats will do 74 to 77 MPH loaded.
I keep wondering why mine will only go 70.
Which is the fastest Ranger 520 Ive ever owned!
roflmao

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/16/21 11:53 PM

FYI, possible chance event is postponed to Sunday. They will let people know in the morning.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by B52
FYI, possible chance event is postponed to Sunday. They will let people know in the morning.

WTH??? noidea
Posted By: Joel McBride

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 12:33 AM

No way. I'm not in unfortunately, one of many that didn't get the draw.

No way they can change days now. We just fished Basschamps in the same wind. No threat of severe weather so they won't change it.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 05:05 AM

Officially moved to Sunday
Posted By: JPeel

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Joel McBride
No way. I'm not in unfortunately, one of many that didn't get the draw.

No way they can change days now. We just fished Basschamps in the same wind. No threat of severe weather so they won't change it.

Maybe they're afraid too many rangers will get swamped coming around the state park point. eeks

I don't care either way but postponing until tomorrow this late in the game is not cool.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 11:16 AM

It’s pretty frustrating as the wind forecast just kept getting lower and lower since last Sunday and even dropped a bit from captains meeting until our 11 pm text. Feel bad for all our out of state guys that have to work Monday. I’ve never in my life seen a tournament cancelled/postponed for sub 20 mph winds. Johnny must be worried about his bass trackers. But honestly they have had a lot of strange things with this on top of postponing for a little wind. For example tournament hours are from 7 to 2:30 but live well checks start at 4. Had to drive to bps yesterday to get your temp checked but they never did temp checks just had you DocuSign a waiver. It’s been an interesting event so far.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Barrett
It’s pretty frustrating as the wind forecast just kept getting lower and lower since last Sunday and even dropped a bit from captains meeting until our 11 pm text. Feel bad for all our out of state guys that have to work Monday. I’ve never in my life seen a tournament cancelled/postponed for sub 20 mph winds. Johnny must be worried about his bass trackers. But honestly they have had a lot of strange things with this on top of postponing for a little wind. For example tournament hours are from 7 to 2:30 but live well checks start at 4. Had to drive to bps yesterday to get your temp checked but they never did temp checks just had you DocuSign a waiver. It’s been an interesting event so far.

Yup, I saw several Missouri license plates at BPS.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 12:30 PM

Looks like it is blowing a terrifying 11mph right now.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 12:36 PM

livewell checks at 4am? My guess is any bad publicity from some boating accident would not be good for business, but yeah anything less than 25 mph is a non issue IMO.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 01:27 PM

That will make last day before tto offlimits a busy one
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 02:25 PM

Nobody hardly at the Ramps , there are setting up the expo .

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 02:27 PM

If you go to weigh in i would take a 4 wheel drive , probably parking on grass, but i don't know

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 02:33 PM

Probably a good call as rangers would have destroyed kidneys, fractured tail bones, and caused a backup at every chiropractic office in town

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 04:18 PM

And the nitros will sink
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 04:31 PM

This is not an attempt at dark humor but I hope there is some video of this event , I would love to see some coverage.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 04:34 PM

I would def come up to weigh in. Lines out at 2:30. Apparently they have a huge set up that they worked on all week with a live band and vendors. Ive been told its impressive. Def wanna make sure you have 4WD for the parking if towing a boat. That field is prob going to look like rednecks with paychecks.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
This is not an attempt at dark humor but I hope there is some video of this event , I would love to see some coverage.

roflmao

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 04:59 PM

I would def come up to weigh in. Lines out at 2:30. Apparently they have a huge set up that they worked on all week with a live band and vendors. Ive been told its impressive. Def wanna make sure you have 4WD for the parking if towing a boat. That field is prob going to look like rednecks with paychecks.

I will be pushing my luck fishing Texoma on my Wife's birthday

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 05:00 PM

roflmao

Somebody told me 6 pontoon boats are registered! Epic

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 05:04 PM

boat ramp could be very interesting , is this a 5 fish limit deal or a tagged bass type of thing ?

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 05:16 PM

boat ramp could be very interesting , is this a 5 fish limit deal or a tagged bass type of thing ?

5 bass tournament. Lines in at 7 lines out at 2:30. Weigh in at Sanger marina.
Posted By: TryHard

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 05:51 PM

roflmao

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 05:56 PM

Have they listed the payout?

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 06:22 PM

And the nitros will sink

lol I think they will be fine.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 06:44 PM

Have they listed the payout?

I believe it is 50K for 1st paying out to 40 places.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by TryHard

roflmao

The better thing to have said would have been, it's to bad other brands arent doing something like this.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 10:14 PM

Sooooo..... the high school teams are ok to fish Lewisville today but the "open" on Ray Bob was postponed? noidea
Posted By: TryHard

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/17/21 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by bronco71
Sooooo..... the high school teams are ok to fish Lewisville today but the "open" on Ray Bob was postponed? noidea

Not the best measuring stick. Remember last year when the HS sent the boys out in a storm? Those guys ain’t scared to go for it.
Posted By: SmalljawNH

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 12:13 AM

Is this a trailering event?

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by SmalljawNH

No
Posted By: EagleFish

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 12:27 AM

Does anyone have the weigh in results from today?

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by EagleFish
Does anyone have the weigh in results from today?

It's tomorrow
Posted By: EagleFish

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 12:36 AM

Oh I see they did postponed it until tomorrow. Probably a good call. I’ve been on that lake in high winds it’s a monster.
Posted By: tx2va07

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Brent S

No

Lol. Yes it is.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by tx2va07

No

Lol. Yes it is.

Great, trailer to a different ramp.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 01:05 AM

Saw less than 10 bass boats on the water today... haven’t been able to say that in a long time! Good luck to everyone fishing tomorrow. cheers

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 01:23 AM

I'll be on the 31 hole at 3 am
Posted By: Neches

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 02:29 AM

Heard they canceled today because they didn’t get the stage set up in time
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 02:35 AM

I'll be on the 31 hole at 3 am

I seined the windmill for 55 pounds today

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 12:14 PM

Alot of parking spaces open at Sanger access , Pond creek is packed , somebody going to a dent are two, that are parked weird . In the back yard at 6:40 i could hear them going across the lake .
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 06:31 PM

Talk about perfect conditions to sight fish today. Those guys looking at 'em might catch some sacks today.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 08:35 PM

Barrett catch 35lbs today?

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 08:52 PM

Results should be up about 8pm.....tomorrow.
Posted By: Brutaldudeski

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 09:47 PM

Lol more like 13 pounds 🤣

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 10:32 PM

How many places did they pay?
Posted By: slim 285

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 10:34 PM

What did it take to win ?
Posted By: pchapin

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 10:42 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 10:44 PM

The 250 boat shotgun takeoff was the best part of my day out there. Dad and I were lucky to catch the 3 we did.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 11:49 PM

Headed over to watch the weigh-in today. Nice bag for BH, thought they were going to bust 25 and win it, but a nice paycheck nonetheless.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/18/21 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by pchapin
[Linked Image]

Is that you?

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 01:28 AM

[Linked Image]

Is that you?

No, just where the video was when I did the screen snip.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by TDR2

We started offshore on a spot we felt we could
Get a limit. Unfortunately after that limit we decided to run and our hydraulic hose on the steering busted in half. So we sat on the same spot for 8 hours. Just thankful to qualify. No excuses here just a tough day on the lake. Was ready to throw em back to be honest. Couldn’t believe we made top 40

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by TDR2

We started offshore on a spot we felt we could
Get a limit. Unfortunately after that limit we decided to run and our hydraulic hose on the steering busted in half. So we sat on the same spot for 8 hours. Just thankful to qualify. No excuses here just a tough day on the lake. Was ready to throw em back to be honest. Couldn’t believe we made top 40

Stinks, but good deal making the cut.
Posted By: DustBass

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 12:55 PM

Did the winners weight include dead fish penalty? The video online this AM, some of those fish look stiff as a board.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 02:10 PM

I will say this the event was run very well the day of the tournament. The rules were kinda funky. Some weird stuff happened etc but the day of the tournament and the weigh in seen old johnny morris opened up his pocket book big time. Another thing very interesting that never was advertised is i think 20-40th place received gift cards instead of actual checks. My partner and I each got a 250 dollar gift card to bass pro shops. Johnny is smart. One additional confusing thing is they required us to fill out w-9s for them even though it was less than 600 a piece.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 02:13 PM

I was looking last night and my rough math shows they paid out about 60% of what they took in.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 02:16 PM

I was looking last night and my rough math shows they paid out about 60% of what they took in.

Yea and i know 20-40th doesnt pay much and I dont know for certain where the gift cards started but to pay them out as giftcards he will get his money right back.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 02:20 PM

They are not keeping a dime of what they took in, it all goes to wildlife conservation.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 02:21 PM

I will say this the event was run very well the day of the tournament. The rules were kinda funky. Some weird stuff happened etc but the day of the tournament and the weigh in seen old johnny morris opened up his pocket book big time. Another thing very interesting that never was advertised is i think 20-40th place received gift cards instead of actual checks. My partner and I each got a 250 dollar gift card to bass pro shops. Johnny is smart. One additional confusing thing is they required us to fill out w-9s for them even though it was less than 600 a piece.

What rules were funky? Did everyone blast off at the same time or was it spread out?

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 02:46 PM

What rules were funky? Did everyone blast off at the same time or was it spread out?

Everyone blasted off at 6.30

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 02:48 PM

Can you really call what the rangers did "blasting off"

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 03:04 PM

Can you really call what the rangers did "blasting off"

They were nowhere to be seen after we took off. I guess that's why they gave 30 min from takeoff till first cast.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 03:23 PM

Wow....gift cards! Thats a joke in itself! Normally see that for first place out of the money or door prizes.
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 03:41 PM

Dang did Morris call Mike Rouse for advice on how to run a tournament?

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 04:05 PM

They are not keeping a dime of what they took in, it all goes to wildlife conservation.

That’s awesome. What exactly is this conservation money being spent on other than the anglers? A W-9 for a bass pro gift card?
Posted By: TallBaldCypress

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 04:38 PM

LOL so many people talking [censored]. Yall girls really need to get some business!

Smooth, organized. efficient, breakfast, ice, coffee, nice gift bag, plenty of raffle items, entertainment and all the "proceeds" go to conservation. Is there another tournament that pays 75k to 1st and 2nd place for a $900 entry fee and give you action @ $1m for a top 40 finish?

I've sat in longer lines waiting to launch and weigh in at a 150 boat BFLs for a chance to win $6k against local hammers for $250 with zero perks.

Yea, and to heck with Ray Roberts. In 3 days we caught white bass, a goo, a 15# buffalo carp (I thought we were gonna win when I set the hook) and 4 burners for 6.14. flush_2

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by TallBaldCypress
LOL so many people talking [censored]. Yall girls really need to get some business!

Smooth, organized. efficient, breakfast, ice, coffee, nice gift bag, plenty of raffle items, entertainment and all the "proceeds" go to conservation. Is there another tournament that pays 75k to 1st and 2nd place for a $900 entry fee and give you action @ $1m for a top 40 finish?

I've sat in longer lines waiting to launch and weigh in at a 150 boat BFLs for a chance to win $6k against local hammers for $250 with zero perks.

Yea, and to heck with Ray Roberts. In 3 days we caught white bass, a goo, a 15# buffalo carp (I thought we were gonna win when I set the hook) and 4 burners for 6.14. flush_2

It was a very well ran event. Not to mention big bass paid the basses weight in pounds. Big bass was a 9 pounder, so 9,000 dollars.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 05:00 PM

Congrats to those Anderson boys (Bruce and John) on their 9th place finish! cheers
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 05:08 PM

My neighbor and his partner got his Nitro there, unloaded Sunday AM, and his Mercury blew. splat

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 05:09 PM

It was a very well ran event. Not to mention big bass paid the basses weight in pounds. Big bass was a 9 pounder, so 9,000 dollars.

cheers
Posted By: triton37

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 05:13 PM

I have listed to people say all kinds of things about this from its name to gift cards. Its pretty simple. This was the very biggest, best, well run tournament I have ever fished bar non and I have fished all the Texas circuits period. The pay out was great, big bass payout was great, period. The W 9 was for over 600 in winnings, just like TTT , Champs, etc. Yu guys need to lighten up, this was a awesome event to fish or just attend. I set a bar that may not be equaled in any tournament I ever fish the rest of my life. Thanks

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by triton37
I have listed to people say all kinds of things about this from its name to gift cards. Its pretty simple. This was the very biggest, best, well run tournament I have ever fished bar non and I have fished all the Texas circuits period. The pay out was great, big bass payout was great, period. The W 9 was for over 600 in winnings, just like TTT , Champs, etc. Yu guys need to lighten up, this was a awesome event to fish or just attend. I set a bar that may not be equaled in any tournament I ever fish the rest of my life. Thanks

They required anyone that placed to fill them out. I said this is only needed for winnings for over 600 a piece. They just didn’t understand. Bar none a great well run event. Not complaining one bit. The work they put into the weigh in was very impressive. We had a lot of struggles with receiving emails in the beginning. For example they were sending emails to my Baylor email I Havnt had access to for 10
Years. That was def not the one that was listed. Just prob had multiple databases etc and at sometime I had used that at bass pro in the past. Overall fantastic event, lake fished tougher than nails looking at results. Looking forward to the championship and my wife I looking forward to a trip to Branson lol

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 05:23 PM

They required anyone that placed to fill them out. I said this is only needed for winnings for over 600 a piece. They just didn’t understand. Bar none a great well run event. Not complaining one bit. The work they put into the weigh in was very impressive. We had a lot of struggles with receiving emails in the beginning. For example they were sending emails to my Baylor email I Havnt had access to for 10
Years. That was def not the one that was listed. Just prob had multiple databases etc and at sometime I had used that at bass pro in the past. Overall fantastic event, lake fished tougher than nails looking at results. Looking forward to the championship and my wife I looking forward to a trip to Branson lol

Good luck at Table Rock
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 05:28 PM

Well, I am a business owner. And I have a right to make a statement. And I think giving out gift cards as a place/prize is a joke. Yes, its very smart on Morris's behalf. But kinda crappy for the anglers.
Im not knocking the trail or how it was run. Just think the gift cards and W9's for $600 is a way for him to put cash in his pocket and use the gift cards as a write off for his own company.
So if Im not mistaken, all the guys that won gift cards and filled out W9's will be paying tax on that. Why do you think it reads "proceeds goes to conservation!" He's a very smart business man indeed.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 05:45 PM

Nice! Hoping I get in on the one at Grand.
Posted By: triton37

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 06:17 PM

I saw no gift cards given as prize/ placing money. All checks made equally to both anglers. Cards we used for additional prizes such as big bass for family, veterans, kids. If you complain about this tournament then you are just looking for something to complain about. I'm guessing they had 50 plus employees working the event including bringing you your weigh bag to your boat. Thanks

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 06:19 PM

I was sure wishing I could enter this owners tournament, super jealous of all you guys that were able to fish it! Looked like one of the coolest set ups I’ve seen, pro tournaments and all. What a neat deal to have your family come up and enjoy the festivities before you get up on stage to weigh your catch. Maybe the coolest looking bounce house ever too! Congrats to the guys that advanced, you know we’ll be rooting for our local boys on Tablerock!!

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 06:27 PM

I saw no gift cards given as prize/ placing money. All checks made equally to both anglers. Cards we used for additional prizes such as big bass for family, veterans, kids. If you complain about this tournament then you are just looking for something to complain about. I'm guessing they had 50 plus employees working the event including bringing you your weigh bag to your boat. Thanks

That was very cool. Bassmaster Opens you get to hike up to the tanks and wait in line forever for a bag.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 06:46 PM

That was very cool. Bassmaster Opens you get to hike up to the tanks and wait in line forever for a bag.

That’s motivation to make the day 3 cut. Day three you drive to the weigh in, then ride golf carts to the tanks. roflmao
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 06:56 PM

It was an awesome tournament. When you checked-in at a boat ramp, they gave you hot coffee, a breakfast burrito and the entire parking lot was lit up with huge plasma lights. People didn't even turn off their headlights when putting their boat in the water, it was so well lit. They also gave you a big tackle box with several trays, a nice wooden picture frame with the event details engraved on it. Weigh-in was epic too. If you didn't weigh fish, they automatically entered you in a drawing for a $500 BPS gift card.

There isn't a tournament held in Texas, including the Elites that was as nice as this tournament. Every single dollar goes to lake and waterway conservation. The prizes for all the tournaments were funded by BPS and Toyota, along with a number of smaller sponsors (Plano, Tervis and a few others). For everyone that is complaining about the tax forms, BPS has to do it due to their status. I couldn't believe how well this was run.

The only complaint was the take-off/blast-off. There were around 40 boats at Pond and seeing them all leave at the same time at 6:30 was reckless. There were boats going north, south and some that didn't know where they were going. Overall, the only improvement would have been to have people trickle out as they arrived to the boat launch with a first cast at 7 or a traditional blast-off.

Also, the competitors were some of the nicest people I've ever met. People were courteous at the boat ramp and there were workers helping people back in and pull out, keeping the ramps moving well on arrival and departure.

I was told they will be doing this annually and I'll always participate. It was first class.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by WLBDallas
It was an awesome tournament. When you checked-in at a boat ramp, they gave you hot coffee, a breakfast burrito and the entire parking lot was lit up with huge plasma lights. People didn't even turn off their headlights when putting their boat in the water, it was so well lit. They also gave you a big tackle box with several trays, a nice wooden picture frame with the event details engraved on it. Weigh-in was epic too. If you didn't weigh fish, they automatically entered you in a drawing for a $500 BPS gift card.

There isn't a tournament held in Texas, including the Elites that was as nice as this tournament. Every single dollar goes to lake and waterway conservation. The prizes for all the tournaments were funded by BPS and Toyota, along with a number of smaller sponsors (Plano, Tervis and a few others). For everyone that is complaining about the tax forms, BPS has to do it due to their status. I couldn't believe how well this was run.

The only complaint was the take-off/blast-off. There were around 40 boats at Pond and seeing them all leave at the same time at 6:30 was reckless. There were boats going north, south and some that didn't know where they were going. Overall, the only improvement would have been to have people trickle out as they arrived to the boat launch with a first cast at 7 or a traditional blast-off.

Also, the competitors were some of the nicest people I've ever met. People were courteous at the boat ramp and there were workers helping people back in and pull out, keeping the ramps moving well on arrival and departure.

I was told they will be doing this annually and I'll always participate. It was first class.

Very cool to hear they will do it annually. My dad and I compared the takeoff from Pond and the Marina as a medieval battle. We got in front of it all at Pond trying to get to the east arm. It looked chaotic as we passed.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 07:21 PM

It’s not a big deal because it’s such a small amount of money but I can assure you I’m not lying. I have a 250 dollar gift card that has written on it 33rd place. This tournament paid heavy up front which I think is awesome. It was just a surprise to a us and a few other teams that they weren’t checks but then when you think of it it’s genius from a business stand point. Again fantastic event and hope to be a part of it again.
Posted By: Donegonefishin

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 08:40 PM

This tourney truly felt is was for the Anglers and not something profit driven. I'm glad to have experienced it and am looking forward to fishing Table Rock. Now I have to go dig out my 8-10 lb test and fairy wands.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/19/21 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Donegonefishin
This tourney truly felt is was for the Anglers and not something profit driven. I'm glad to have experienced it and am looking forward to fishing Table Rock. Now I have to go dig out my 8-10 lb test and fairy wands.

Find us a house too lol.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/20/21 02:14 AM

Anybody see results posted?

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/20/21 04:29 AM

[/quote]They required anyone that placed to fill them out. I said this is only needed for winnings for over 600 a piece. They just didn’t understand. Bar none a great well run event. Not complaining one bit. The work they put into the weigh in was very impressive. We had a lot of struggles with receiving emails in the beginning. For example they were sending emails to my Baylor email I Havnt had access to for 10
Years. That was def not the one that was listed. Just prob had multiple databases etc and at sometime I had used that at bass pro in the past. Overall fantastic event, lake fished tougher than nails looking at results. Looking forward to the championship and my wife I looking forward to a trip to Branson lol[/quote]

If you placed in the top 40, you won a prize and entry into the Championship. Rather than try to collect W9's at the Championship, it is easier to collect them 40 at a time at each qualifier. Then if your winnings in total after the Championship are $600 or greater, they are required to send you a 1099.
Posted By: 007.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/20/21 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by SoCal Tom
Congrats to those Anderson boys (Bruce and John) on their 9th place finish! cheers

Congrats to them! Nice Job! cheers
Posted By: Brutaldudeski

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/20/21 03:06 PM

Super well ran event! Immaculate staffing on site. Organized from top to bottom! BPS hired my company to help with storage of the event last week! The logistics company they hired had left alot of the event stuff in the field ready for all the rain coming. They called us last minute and we helped them with a few storage units to get all of the BPS junk off the ground haha

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/20/21 04:06 PM

Years. That was def not the one that was listed. Just prob had multiple databases etc and at sometime I had used that at bass pro in the past. Overall fantastic event, lake fished tougher than nails looking at results. Looking forward to the championship and my wife I looking forward to a trip to Branson lol[/quote]

If you placed in the top 40, you won a prize and entry into the Championship. Rather than try to collect W9's at the Championship, it is easier to collect them 40 at a time at each qualifier. Then if your winnings in total after the Championship are $600 or greater, they are required to send you a 1099.
[/quote]

Nah that makes too much sense! cheers

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/20/21 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Joel McBride
Anybody see results posted?
Not Yet
Posted By: Creekhead

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/20/21 07:02 PM

I thought the tournament was great. Definitely interesting that we could trailer to any ramp but had to weigh in by boat. We went out of Buck Creek and it was a pretty safe shotgun start from there. One of the fastest well organized weigh ins I have been a part of. Overall I really appreciate when these boat manufactures put on cool owners tournaments whether its Bass Pro Skeeter or others. I am glad Table Rock doesn't have as many trees, I sure hit a bunch of them at Ray Roberts. Awesome lake though.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/20/21 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Creekhead
I thought the tournament was great. Definitely interesting that we could trailer to any ramp but had to weigh in by boat. We went out of Buck Creek and it was a pretty safe shotgun start from there. One of the fastest well organized weigh ins I have been a part of. Overall I really appreciate when these boat manufactures put on cool owners tournaments whether its Bass Pro Skeeter or others. I am glad Table Rock doesn't have as many trees, I sure hit a bunch of them at Ray Roberts. Awesome lake though.

How many used Buck? You guys used a lot of gas! Table rock has many trees, but they are in 80 FOW.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/20/21 09:33 PM

It’s not a big deal because it’s such a small amount of money but I can assure you I’m not lying. I have a 250 dollar gift card that has written on it 33rd place. This tournament paid heavy up front which I think is awesome. It was just a surprise to a us and a few other teams that they weren’t checks but then when you think of it it’s genius from a business stand point. Again fantastic event and hope to be a part of it again.

You only got a $250 gift card for 33rd? Or a card plus cash

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/21/21 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

Gift card only. I think 20-40th received gift cards. I know our friends that placed a little bit better than us got gift cards as well- no check. May have just been the last 10 paying spots or 12 but I think it might have been 20-40th but not certain on that. Just thankful to qualify will be cool to say you fished for a million bucks one day.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/21/21 03:31 AM

Gift card only. I think 20-40th received gift cards. I know our friends that placed a little bit better than us got gift cards as well- no check. May have just been the last 10 paying spots or 12 but I think it might have been 20-40th but not certain on that. Just thankful to qualify will be cool to say you fished for a million bucks one day.

cheers

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/21/21 11:48 AM

Ya that's pretty cool. They were super nice about giving out a refund to us due to prior obligations on Sunday. Well probably try to get in grand or bull shoals

I'm a little surprised at the payout with a 900 entry fee though..
Posted By: Pellco

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/21/21 12:27 PM

How many used Buck? You guys used a lot of gas! Table rock has many trees, but they are in 80 FOW.

We also used Buck Creek and I would say there was a dozen boats using that ramp but we did NOT use much boat gas. Let me explain, we came up with a plan based on the tournament meeting do's and dont's. We decided to launch at Buck creek and fish that end of the lake until last cast at 2:30 for ALL teams . As stated in the meeting, each team had to come to weigh-in by water. We loaded out at Buck creek and made the 30 min highway drive to Sanger ramp near marina weigh-in site and re-launched boat. Then made the short run around the point to the marina and "weigh-in by water" site with lower unit intact (lol). Got some strange looks at Sanger ramp as we were launching at 3pm when everyone else was loading out. Unfortunately we did not have enough weight to make the cut but had a great experience.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/21/21 05:48 PM

Congratulations to my buddy Eric Starnater on winning big bass. Where he found a Nitro to fish from is news to me! He said it wouldn’t be fair to have a Skeeter owner fish it...but he found a way around it! Haha.
Posted By: Creekhead

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/21/21 08:36 PM

All I know is a Texan needs to bring home the trophy and a cool million. PM if you are going, it would be nice to meet some of yall at Table Rock.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/21/21 10:14 PM

All I know is a Texan needs to bring home the trophy and a cool million. PM if you are going, it would be nice to meet some of yall at Table Rock.

Yup, we don't need someone from Missouri winning it.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/21/21 10:17 PM

I know Table Rock well. PM me for any needed help. Texans only.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/22/21 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Congratulations to my buddy Eric Starnater on winning big bass. Where he found a Nitro to fish from is news to me! He said it wouldn’t be fair to have a Skeeter owner fish it...but he found a way around it! Haha.

I hope his fishing partner was the registered owner of the Nitro. Otherwise you just outed him for breaking the rules.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/22/21 02:01 AM

I hope his fishing partner was the registered owner of the Nitro. Otherwise you just outed him for breaking the rules.

His partner runs a Ranger

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/22/21 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Pellco

We also used Buck Creek and I would say there was a dozen boats using that ramp but we did NOT use much boat gas. Let me explain, we came up with a plan based on the tournament meeting do's and dont's. We decided to launch at Buck creek and fish that end of the lake until last cast at 2:30 for ALL teams . As stated in the meeting, each team had to come to weigh-in by water. We loaded out at Buck creek and made the 30 min highway drive to Sanger ramp near marina weigh-in site and re-launched boat. Then made the short run around the point to the marina and "weigh-in by water" site with lower unit intact (lol). Got some strange looks at Sanger ramp as we were launching at 3pm when everyone else was loading out. Unfortunately we did not have enough weight to make the cut but had a great experience.

Interesting concept. You fish for a set period of time, no need to race back? I like that!

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/22/21 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

Participation in Qualifying Tournaments is open only to teams of two Participants, at least one of whom is 18 years old or older and is the registered owner of a White River Marine Group boat (Tracker, Ranger, Nitro, Mako, Triton, Tahoe, Sun Tracker brands). The registered boat must be the boat used to compete in during the qualifying event. If there is a change in the boat or motor being used, it is the Participant’s sole responsibility to provide an update to the tournament staff by the close of the captains’ meeting prior to competing. In the event that a team uses a different boat and/or motor than identified during signup, that team will be disqualified and be ineligible to win any prize.

Maybe they got permission to use the Nitro because the Ranger was broken.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/22/21 02:48 AM

Participation in Qualifying Tournaments is open only to teams of two Participants, at least one of whom is 18 years old or older and is the registered owner of a White River Marine Group boat (Tracker, Ranger, Nitro, Mako, Triton, Tahoe, Sun Tracker brands). The registered boat must be the boat used to compete in during the qualifying event. If there is a change in the boat or motor being used, it is the Participant’s sole responsibility to provide an update to the tournament staff by the close of the captains’ meeting prior to competing. In the event that a team uses a different boat and/or motor than identified during signup, that team will be disqualified and be ineligible to win any prize.

What are you talking about?

I don't think Blake's Ranger is broke

Now your sketchy "retrailer" to go to weigh in by water, that's a gray area for sure

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/22/21 03:42 AM

[quote=SteezMacQueen]Congratulations to my buddy Eric Starnater on winning big bass. Where he found a Nitro to fish from is news to me! He said it wouldn’t be fair to have a Skeeter owner fish it...but he found a way around it! Haha.

What are you talking about?

I don't think Blake's Ranger is broke

Now your sketchy "retrailer" to go to weigh in by water, that's a gray area for sure

One guy owns a Skeeter, the other a Ranger. They fish out of a Nitro.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/22/21 04:28 AM

Looks like a joke, because according to the official results they were in the Ranger...
Posted By: rj74955

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/22/21 12:51 PM

So they allowed trailering as many times as you want to? That's different.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/22/21 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955

I don't believe that was the intent of the event. The intent was for folks to launch where they want, but takeoff from the ramp you used at 6:30 AM. Due to TPW requirements of not transporting water when you leave a lake, they said that you must drive by boat to the weigh-in location, weigh in your fish, then head back to whatever ramp you launched from.
Posted By: ffetch

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/22/21 03:06 PM

Just to be clear and straighten out the rumors on this thread:
I do own a skeeter but my partner owns a Ranger and we fished out of Blake's Ranger.
They interviewed us on the water at weigh in while we were waiting and you can/will see that we are in his Ranger.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/22/21 09:58 PM

I don't believe that was the intent of the event. The intent was for folks to launch where they want, but takeoff from the ramp you used at 6:30 AM. Due to TPW requirements of not transporting water when you leave a lake, they said that you must drive by boat to the weigh-in location, weigh in your fish, then head back to whatever ramp you launched from.

If that was the reason for the rule then the tournament organizers didn't understand the law. It's perfectly fine to trailer from one ramp to another on the same lake with water in the wells

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/22/21 10:14 PM

If that was the reason for the rule then the tournament organizers didn't understand the law. It's perfectly fine to trailer from one ramp to another on the same lake with water in the wells

I have a feeling they will be a lot more clear with the rules next year.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/22/21 11:45 PM

I observed that the reason for coming to weigh in via boat is logistical. Their setup was such that they were transporting fish and anglers through a specific staging area.

Every trailering tournament I know of allows you to change ramps throughout the day if you wish. I like the ingenuity to ask and work it to your advantage and safety!
Posted By: firefighter1416

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/23/21 12:06 AM

My friend Mr. Parker said he fish the Bass Masters Classic years ago and it didn’t compare. I was proud to have fish the best ever event ever in Texas. I too ,, will set this as pinnacle of tournament fishing

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/23/21 01:50 AM

I have a feeling they will be a lot more clear with the rules next year.

I thought this was a 1 time one-off deal for their anniversary?

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/23/21 01:52 AM

The post tournament survey asked about particulars regarding having an event next year

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/23/21 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by David Burton

Looks like a joke, because according to the official results they were in the Ranger...

It was a JOKE you bunch of tightly wound whiners! His partner has a VERY nice Ranger.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/23/21 04:00 AM

Can’t resist the opportunity to post this.

[Linked Image]

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/23/21 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Can’t resist the opportunity to post this.

[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: Pellco

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/23/21 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by David Burton
I observed that the reason for coming to weigh in via boat is logistical. Their setup was such that they were transporting fish and anglers through a specific staging area.

Every trailering tournament I know of allows you to change ramps throughout the day if you wish. I like the ingenuity to ask and work it to your advantage and safety!

You are exactly right! it was a "logistical" reason to weigh in via boat for the staging area at the marina.

Not sure where the TPWD "transporting water" comment came from, it sure was not in the pre-tournament meeting to the group. Just a few weeks ago, I watched John Cox load boat mid-morning and trailer to a different ramp during the MLF event at Rayburn.

Re: April 17th Ray Roberts US Open qualifier - 04/23/21 02:05 PM

Not transporting water is a law UNLESS you are in a tournament. It is a zebra muscle thing. It is illegal to take fish home that you are going to eat in a live well full of water but it is OK to take them to a weigh in site. (that is silly to me personally)
© 2021 Texas Fishing Forum