texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,749
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: rj74955] #13260364 08/26/19 06:07 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by rj74955
Originally Posted by Barn
... Anyone saying the BPT guys are the very best fishermen in the world, top to bottom, right this minute, have fishing ability confused with marketability.

Please provide a list of 80 fishermen from either FLW or BASS or combined that is better? I'll wait... Yes there are maybe 5 guys from each that could/should be on the BPT. Otherwise the Top 50 from either are not even close.

There are studs and duds on all 3 tours. You can look up the last 5-6 years final results of the BPT members if you want to and should be able to figure it out. Some of them are a perfect fit for that format, they made a career of catching little fish and selling a ton of rods and baits. Good for them, but Canterbury, Zaldain, the Johnstons, Gustafson, Fieder, and a bunch more are head and shoulders better fisherman than a whole slew of those guys now.

Also add: Dudley, Thrift, John Cox & Scott Martin.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: Fishspanker] #13260366 08/26/19 06:09 PM
L
LakeForkGroupie Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
For me when I watch MLF, I think that would be fun to fish there as a recreational trip. When I watch BASS/FLW, I think oh that's how I can catch that big fish on Fork and if they catch a lot or big fish then I may want to visit the lake they are fishing.

But when a tour is on a lake catching just spots or small mouth, then I don't really care to watch as I am not too interested, since I don't fish for those two here in Texas.

Redcrest had a bunch of back water frogging, loved watching that, plus it was a championship and they have some good entertainment with their format. I also kept tabs on the FLW Cup on Hamilton even though it was a dink fest grind, because it's the championship.

But typically when the tours swing north, I don't care too much.

Last edited by LakeForkGroupie; 08/26/19 06:10 PM.
Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: MagFluker] #13260370 08/26/19 06:13 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by MagFluker
Wow, I did not say Swindle has not made it in fishing, he's had 2 AOY's with BASS...I just said he had multiple meltdowns on camera in regards to the format and the cutline which made him seem very unhappy. Swindle is one of my favorites, I miss watching him fish for 5

You literally just posted above that he might need money... that's what I was answering. I'm super familiar with his resume.

Care to answer my other question that you skipped over?

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: Fishspanker] #13260374 08/26/19 06:15 PM
Michael Curbow Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Is Redcrest Championship supposed to be comparable to the Classic?

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: Fishspanker] #13260396 08/26/19 06:30 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
This forum is great.

Voice an OPINION, and the little guys want you to write an essay proving it. Lol.

Nobody, I’m sure, misses an ounce of sleep over who’s fishing where.

......and no, I’m not gonna have a sleep study done to prove it.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: Fishspanker] #13260403 08/26/19 06:33 PM
Champion1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I don't like Evers at all so I lost interest in MLF pretty quick. Cayuga was pretty fun to watch!

www.TuffSkinz.net
www.basscat.com
�It�s all in your head. It doesn�t matter if your 6 or 60. You can participate in this sport."-Rick Clunn
Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: Mark Jones] #13260410 08/26/19 06:37 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Wow, I did not say Swindle has not made it in fishing, he's had 2 AOY's with BASS...I just said he had multiple meltdowns on camera in regards to the format and the cutline which made him seem very unhappy. Swindle is one of my favorites, I miss watching him fish for 5

You literally just posted above that he might need money... that's what I was answering. I'm super familiar with his resume.

I said that that he needed money half kidding hence the "probably not"

I didn't say Ike was jumping ship, that was MaDfluker, I am MaGfluker lol....I didn't realize that question was directed at me.

Sometimes in business you have to cut losses/expenses, there is no way I can answer your question because I don't know what costs each business has invested in the BPT contract. Or what it would cost them to leave. If you make $0 money in tournament fishing winnings, how are you helping your business? If these guys are the best of the best, surely they think they can win more money on another tour, a tour that they have had success in before this current venture.

If you decide to invest in the stock market to add to your income and/or retirement and you make $0 money in the stock market after a whole year would you keep investing? Where do you cut your losses and try to make money doing something else, when do you move to mutual funds versus day trading? That is entirely up to the individual and business.

Last edited by MagFluker; 08/26/19 06:39 PM.

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: MagFluker] #13260420 08/26/19 06:44 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

I didn't say Ike was jumping ship, that was MaDfluker, I am MaGfluker lol....I didn't realize that question was directed at me.

My bad.. that's the primary problem with this board, too many flukers... roflmao

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: Mark Jones] #13260464 08/26/19 07:19 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Hahaha, no problem

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: Fishspanker] #13260469 08/26/19 07:22 PM
Bruce's Online Sad
TFF Celebrity
Online Sad
TFF Celebrity
Watched both . Enjoyed watching from my arm chair. With ice packed knees

Bruce's Sprinkler Repair
817-798-7246
52 years experience
State Licensed Irrigation
LI0017483

Fishing Texas lakes one at a time

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: Dubee] #13260471 08/26/19 07:23 PM
M
McLovin’ Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
M
Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by Mudbone
I said "some" baits Dubee...GD, why do you and a couple others on here get so butt hurt every time someone say the prefer watching one over the other...it's all just a damn fishing show?
If you cant admit these guys would fish some different patterns if it were a best 5 weigh in, then you're kidding yourself

It doesn't bother one bit if someone likes BPT or not. Never been butthurt over someone saying they don't like it. Or they like Bass better. It just gets old hearing the same false claims about how they throw different baits and fish so much different. You can say you aren't a fan without the bs comments

LOL, I swear you and Dubee get so defensive on this deal it's funny as hell... cheers

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: MagFluker] #13260482 08/26/19 07:28 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Hahaha, no problem

cheers

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: McLovin’] #13260598 08/26/19 09:04 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Dubee
I said "some" baits Dubee...GD, why do you and a couple others on here get so butt hurt every time someone say the prefer watching one over the other...it's all just a damn fishing show?
If you cant admit these guys would fish some different patterns if it were a best 5 weigh in, then you're kidding yourself

It doesn't bother one bit if someone likes BPT or not. Never been butthurt over someone saying they don't like it. Or they like Bass better. It just gets old hearing the same false claims about how they throw different baits and fish so much different. You can say you aren't a fan without the bs comments

LOL, I swear you and Dubee get so defensive on this deal it's funny as hell... cheers

It’s understandable with the one that’s getting paid from them, but the other one isn’t.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: grout-scout] #13260652 08/26/19 10:01 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by Barn
... Anyone saying the BPT guys are the very best fishermen in the world, top to bottom, right this minute, have fishing ability confused with marketability.

Please provide a list of 80 fishermen from either FLW or BASS or combined that is better? I'll wait... Yes there are maybe 5 guys from each that could/should be on the BPT. Otherwise the Top 50 from either are not even close.

There are studs and duds on all 3 tours. You can look up the last 5-6 years final results of the BPT members if you want to and should be able to figure it out. Some of them are a perfect fit for that format, they made a career of catching little fish and selling a ton of rods and baits. Good for them, but Canterbury, Zaldain, the Johnstons, Gustafson, Fieder, and a bunch more are head and shoulders better fisherman than a whole slew of those guys now.

Also add: Dudley, Thrift, John Cox & Scott Martin.

Absolutely, and that's just scratching the surface.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga [Re: rj74955] #13260746 08/26/19 11:26 PM
B
Barn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
... but Canterbury, Zaldain, the Johnstons, Gustafson, Fieder, and a bunch more are head and shoulders better fisherman than a whole slew of those guys now.

Those guys would be lucky crack the top 50 in BPT if you compare their past and current success. They are in the top of BASS now. However, if you want to compare talent there is no way BASS is even close to BPT top to bottom. As for comparing formats that's apples and oranges. But, the BPT guys are the ones that dominate BASS and FLW for years. Again, the top 5-10 in BASS or FLW could compete with the best of BPT anglers on any given day.

It's similar to trying convince someone that Conference USA or Mountain West has better talent than the SEC in football. You might like the style of play but the doesn't make the talent better.

If there fishing or college football on TV, I am going to watch it. As long as I find it entertaining / competitive regardless of the talent or style of play, I'm all in. cheers

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide