Texas Fishing Forum

MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga

Posted By: Fishspanker

MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/25/19 01:24 AM

What has your interest? I watched some MLF BPT stuff at first but now really only watch BASS Elite. Just can’t get into the dink fest although there can be some late drama.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/25/19 02:15 AM

Bass live is pretty solid. Good footage
Posted By: Barn

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/25/19 03:08 AM

BPT Redcreast. I can't excited about minor league fishing.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/25/19 03:22 AM

Bass Elites and even FLW is better than MLF dink fest.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/25/19 03:30 AM

Anything but the mo little fish circus
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/25/19 03:52 AM

I will watch the beginning of the bassmaster and end of the MLF event for sure, I will watch more of the MLF for same reason Barn mentioned.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/25/19 03:57 AM

B.A.S.S.

Hoping Feidler or Zaldain can make a big comeback tomorrow. Nothing against Gussy, buy really like watching Seth, guys a riot.
Posted By: KnotEnuff

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/25/19 04:11 AM

Same here I watched BPT for a while but enjoy BASS Live or Live Mix the best.
Posted By: emorydog

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/25/19 04:16 AM

I mainly watch the one that doesn’t have 56 seat fillers that people act like they are all Cal Ripken Jr’s, you know... the ones without any long-standing substantial accomplishments that are now “pros”. Can’t say I ever watched FLW more than a few times seems to be Meh for me, let’s face facts most are one of a 150 boat field of XFL benchwarmers who like to fish and have money to buy in. Maybe little fish tour will pick better lakes next year since they can fit on smaller bodies with the smaller Daily field, but it still has better action for my personal viewing pleasure.
I mean honestly it’s not like they are yanking donkeys out of every lake they go to on the other circuits with average 12-16lb stringers daily, even a local clubber tournament on worn out ‘ol squaw creek can could put up better than that. What one averages 2.13# per fish and and the other two 5 fish at 2.77. Big deal. I think they all mostly need to stay on water bodies south of about 37° except for a couple smallie tourneys.

I don’t mind if you prefer to watch a guy boat 5 to 9 keepers in a day to each his own. I can generally do that, I wish I could go out and sack up 40 fish a day consistently. The big ones will come along the way if the water body supports good fish. Size gets lost in the averages when pounding on fish all day.
Posted By: Fishing on a string

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/25/19 02:56 PM

I tried to watch LMF but the main desk guy talks in a radio voice and not in a way a person talks. Already had one guy say “I guess he needs to talk in hillbilly” no not at all he can talk like he would if he was not on a tv or radio program. I also use to follow many of the anglers on their social media that fished lmf, however now I follow the FLW and BASS guys. To be brutally honest I have not missed watching any of the old guys that left for the duckett regime. Just the fact duckett said those anglers would not be doing the classic and FLW cup totally killed any interest of that circuit. I love bass fishing and watching it but have found myself actually turning the channel when that show came on.
So no I don’t care for the set up and it’s ok if everybody else does.
Posted By: yos

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/25/19 03:43 PM

IMO MLF is so much better to watch. Because of the MLF format, I finally can watch and entire series without constantly scanning other channels for something better to watch, unlike FLW.

I do have to thank FLW for making me want to get out and fish more...I'm so freaking bored watching FLW after 10 minutes, I just turn the TV off and go fishing instead smile

Although, I do really enjoy watching the individual youtube channels of the FLW competitors.

Bottom line, it's nice to have these options.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/25/19 11:57 PM

BASS for sure. If I wanted to see 60 fish caught for 80 pounds I’d go to the nearest stock tank and throw a roadrunner. Congrats. You beat the bank better than the next guy.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 12:03 AM

Looks like 6 of one half dozen of another.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Seale
BASS for sure. If I wanted to see 60 fish caught for 80 pounds I’d go to the nearest stock tank and throw a roadrunner. Congrats. You beat the bank better than the next guy.

You must not watch to make stupid comments like that
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee

Stupid because it doesn’t align with your way of thinking? Or stupid because your intellect isn’t adequate enough to understand why I have that opinion? Either way it’s my opinion. Like it. Don’t like it. I’ll sleep at night either way.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 02:15 AM

Numbers dont lie. Look at the averages. Hint, they arent big. That's just the game with that format.
Posted By: Ian Fellenbaum

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 03:02 AM

Mlf is a completely different game then bass and flw, with that being said mlf draws very little attention from me because it’s format is not relative to the tournaments I fish.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ian Fellenbaum
Mlf is a completely different game then bass and flw, with that being said mlf draws very little attention from me because it’s format is not relative to the tournaments I fish.

Well said and exactly how I feel....I've tried really hard to watch it and get into it but just doesn't hold my attention, especially on a deal like this where the leader has almost more weight that 2nd, 3rd and 4th combined....Edwin was on em and this deal was over quick

Other than the top 10/20 cut down period of about 30-45 before that days competition ends, it's just guys throwing some baits that some of them would never through in a 5 fish tournament, and catching popcorn 1lb-1.50lb fish over and over...but I get it, that's how this MLF/BFT or whatever they call it now is all about

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mudbone
Originally Posted by Ian Fellenbaum

Well said and exactly how I feel....I've tried really hard to watch it and get into it but just doesn't hold my attention, especially on a deal like this where the leader has almost more weight that 2nd, 3rd and 4th combined....Edwin was on em and this deal was over quick

Other than the top 10/20 cut down period of about 30-45 before that days competition ends, it's just guys throwing some baits that some of them would never through in a 5 fish tournament, and catching popcorn 1lb-1.50lb fish over and over...but I get it, that's how this MLF/BFT or whatever they call it now is all about

What baits would that be. Everytime i watch i see guys throwing frogs, bladed jigs, swim jigs, creature baits and jigs. When on smallmouth lakes they dropshot. Same as every other tournament

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 01:27 PM

I said "some" baits Dubee...GD, why do you and a couple others on here get so butt hurt every time someone say the prefer watching one over the other...it's all just a damn fishing show?
If you cant admit these guys would fish some different patterns if it were a best 5 weigh in, then you're kidding yourself
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 02:44 PM

I said "some" baits Dubee...GD, why do you and a couple others on here get so butt hurt every time someone say the prefer watching one over the other...it's all just a damn fishing show?
If you cant admit these guys would fish some different patterns if it were a best 5 weigh in, then you're kidding yourself

But the point is, it's not a best five and they ALL signed up for it and know the rules. If that's not for you, that's cool. There's an option for everyone to suit their style and preference. What's the point in talking about different patterns? It would be equally as pointless to go to the BASS threads and social posts and begging them to change to the MLF format, yet for some reason it's all any of the MLF naysayers can seem to do...

I watch all three for completely different reasons. I like some things about all of them and there's things I don't but I don't spend a single minute posting about the negative or shaking them down over it. Thankful for all the options we have to be fans.

I wonder if Edwin is sitting at home today ashamed of himself for the "pattern" he chose... peep

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 03:01 PM

It doesn't bother one bit if someone likes BPT or not. Never been butthurt over someone saying they don't like it. Or they like Bass better. It just gets old hearing the same false claims about how they throw different baits and fish so much different. You can say you aren't a fan without the bs comments
Posted By: rj74955

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 03:18 PM

roflmao if Van Dam was fishing the Girl Scouts of America Circuit and got bonus points for selling cookies all his groupies would swear it's the best format in the world. Anyone saying the BPT guys are the very best fishermen in the world, top to bottom, right this minute, have fishing ability confused with marketability.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by rj74955
... Anyone saying the BPT guys are the very best fishermen in the world, top to bottom, right this minute, have fishing ability confused with marketability.

Please provide a list of 80 fishermen from either FLW or BASS or combined that is better? I'll wait... Yes there are maybe 5 guys from each that could/should be on the BPT. Otherwise the Top 50 from either are not even close.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Barn
... Anyone saying the BPT guys are the very best fishermen in the world, top to bottom, right this minute, have fishing ability confused with marketability.

Please provide a list of 80 fishermen from either FLW or BASS or combined that is better? I'll wait... Yes there are maybe 5 guys from each that could/should be on the BPT. Otherwise the Top 50 from either are not even close.

There are studs and duds on all 3 tours. You can look up the last 5-6 years final results of the BPT members if you want to and should be able to figure it out. Some of them are a perfect fit for that format, they made a career of catching little fish and selling a ton of rods and baits. Good for them, but Canterbury, Zaldain, the Johnstons, Gustafson, Fieder, and a bunch more are head and shoulders better fisherman than a whole slew of those guys now.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 05:07 PM

What's a Redcrest? bolt
Posted By: MadFluker

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 05:13 PM

I'll bet ike is the 1st to jump ship.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 05:49 PM

Swindle has had a few unhappy moments with the format as well, he had one meltdown they caught half of on camera and then switched to someone else. I recently saw Swindle do an add for Sunline, first time I've seen him do any marketing other than Toyota or Quantum, might be needing some money? probably not but I found it odd

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by MadFluker

Ok, I'll 100% bite on this. And again, to be clear I like both formats see benefits to the anglers from both. But here goes...

Let's say there are 10 "unhappy" MLF/BPT anglers. Please pitch me why they should capitulate one year into the new deal and more importantly HOW they would actually execute a re-entry into BASS that wouldn't be an absolute nightmare to attempt to pull off. Please explain to me how any BPT angler (who is a small business owner/sole proprietor) would knee jerk at this point and bail out this early and what his economic reasons for do so would be? Even if at this point he absolutely hates the format. Sell it to me.

I can't wait for a reply.

And your Swindle comment is hilarious. I think he's made it in fishing. He's not limping in.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 05:59 PM

Wow, I did not say Swindle has not made it in fishing, he's had 2 AOY's with BASS...I just said he had multiple meltdowns on camera in regards to the format and the cutline which made him seem very unhappy. Swindle is one of my favorites, I miss watching him fish for 5

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 06:07 PM

There are studs and duds on all 3 tours. You can look up the last 5-6 years final results of the BPT members if you want to and should be able to figure it out. Some of them are a perfect fit for that format, they made a career of catching little fish and selling a ton of rods and baits. Good for them, but Canterbury, Zaldain, the Johnstons, Gustafson, Fieder, and a bunch more are head and shoulders better fisherman than a whole slew of those guys now.

Also add: Dudley, Thrift, John Cox & Scott Martin.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 06:09 PM

For me when I watch MLF, I think that would be fun to fish there as a recreational trip. When I watch BASS/FLW, I think oh that's how I can catch that big fish on Fork and if they catch a lot or big fish then I may want to visit the lake they are fishing.

But when a tour is on a lake catching just spots or small mouth, then I don't really care to watch as I am not too interested, since I don't fish for those two here in Texas.

Redcrest had a bunch of back water frogging, loved watching that, plus it was a championship and they have some good entertainment with their format. I also kept tabs on the FLW Cup on Hamilton even though it was a dink fest grind, because it's the championship.

But typically when the tours swing north, I don't care too much.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by MagFluker
Wow, I did not say Swindle has not made it in fishing, he's had 2 AOY's with BASS...I just said he had multiple meltdowns on camera in regards to the format and the cutline which made him seem very unhappy. Swindle is one of my favorites, I miss watching him fish for 5

You literally just posted above that he might need money... that's what I was answering. I'm super familiar with his resume.

Care to answer my other question that you skipped over?
Posted By: Michael Curbow

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 06:15 PM

Is Redcrest Championship supposed to be comparable to the Classic?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 06:30 PM

This forum is great.

Voice an OPINION, and the little guys want you to write an essay proving it. Lol.

Nobody, I’m sure, misses an ounce of sleep over who’s fishing where.

......and no, I’m not gonna have a sleep study done to prove it.
Posted By: Champion1

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 06:33 PM

I don't like Evers at all so I lost interest in MLF pretty quick. Cayuga was pretty fun to watch!

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Jones

You literally just posted above that he might need money... that's what I was answering. I'm super familiar with his resume.

I said that that he needed money half kidding hence the "probably not"

I didn't say Ike was jumping ship, that was MaDfluker, I am MaGfluker lol....I didn't realize that question was directed at me.

Sometimes in business you have to cut losses/expenses, there is no way I can answer your question because I don't know what costs each business has invested in the BPT contract. Or what it would cost them to leave. If you make $0 money in tournament fishing winnings, how are you helping your business? If these guys are the best of the best, surely they think they can win more money on another tour, a tour that they have had success in before this current venture.

If you decide to invest in the stock market to add to your income and/or retirement and you make $0 money in the stock market after a whole year would you keep investing? Where do you cut your losses and try to make money doing something else, when do you move to mutual funds versus day trading? That is entirely up to the individual and business.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 06:44 PM

I didn't say Ike was jumping ship, that was MaDfluker, I am MaGfluker lol....I didn't realize that question was directed at me.

My bad.. that's the primary problem with this board, too many flukers... roflmao

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 07:19 PM

Hahaha, no problem
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 07:22 PM

Watched both . Enjoyed watching from my arm chair. With ice packed knees

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 07:23 PM

It doesn't bother one bit if someone likes BPT or not. Never been butthurt over someone saying they don't like it. Or they like Bass better. It just gets old hearing the same false claims about how they throw different baits and fish so much different. You can say you aren't a fan without the bs comments

LOL, I swear you and Dubee get so defensive on this deal it's funny as hell... cheers

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 07:28 PM

Hahaha, no problem

cheers

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 09:04 PM

LOL, I swear you and Dubee get so defensive on this deal it's funny as hell... cheers

It’s understandable with the one that’s getting paid from them, but the other one isn’t.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

Also add: Dudley, Thrift, John Cox & Scott Martin.

Absolutely, and that's just scratching the surface.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/26/19 11:26 PM

... but Canterbury, Zaldain, the Johnstons, Gustafson, Fieder, and a bunch more are head and shoulders better fisherman than a whole slew of those guys now.

Those guys would be lucky crack the top 50 in BPT if you compare their past and current success. They are in the top of BASS now. However, if you want to compare talent there is no way BASS is even close to BPT top to bottom. As for comparing formats that's apples and oranges. But, the BPT guys are the ones that dominate BASS and FLW for years. Again, the top 5-10 in BASS or FLW could compete with the best of BPT anglers on any given day.

It's similar to trying convince someone that Conference USA or Mountain West has better talent than the SEC in football. You might like the style of play but the doesn't make the talent better.

If there fishing or college football on TV, I am going to watch it. As long as I find it entertaining / competitive regardless of the talent or style of play, I'm all in. cheers

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 12:54 AM

... but Canterbury, Zaldain, the Johnstons, Gustafson, Fieder, and a bunch more are head and shoulders better fisherman than a whole slew of those guys now.

Those guys would be lucky crack the top 50 in BPT if you compare their past and current success. They are in the top of BASS now. However, if you want to compare talent there is no way BASS is even close to BPT top to bottom. As for comparing formats that's apples and oranges. But, the BPT guys are the ones that dominate BASS and FLW for years. Again, the top 5-10 in BASS or FLW could compete with the best of BPT anglers on any given day.

It's similar to trying convince someone that Conference USA or Mountain West has better talent than the SEC in football. You might like the style of play but the doesn't make the talent better.

If there fishing or college football on TV, I am going to watch it. As long as I find it entertaining / competitive regardless of the talent or style of play, I'm all in. cheers

Absolutely laughable. My original quote said that anyone that thinks BPT is the best of the best fishermen from top to bottom is confused. I don't agree with your numbers, but even you said some of them in BASS and FLW are better than guys in BPT. I don't know what the past and football has to do with it, but thank you for agreeing with me.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 01:28 AM

Absolutely laughable. My original quote said that anyone that thinks BPT is the best of the best fishermen from top to bottom is confused. I don't agree with your numbers, but even you said some of them in BASS and FLW are better than guys in BPT. I don't know what the past and football has to do with it, but thank you for agreeing with me.

Confused about what? BPT as a group are the best of the best top to bottom, not even close. The guys now fishing BASS and FLW didn't all of sudden didn't get any better. The competition left. I think we all agree that BASS and FLW still have some top level studs remaining. But we are talking maybe 5 guys. Not 50+ deep out of the top 80.

Please list all of the BASS and FLW tournament wins and AOY's for BPT guys and then list those same accomplishments from either of the remaining BASS and FLW guys. If it shows then you don't have to convince everyone how they are better than BPT anglers.
Posted By: RMOROTT21

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 02:12 AM

For you to say there isn’t many flw anglers with a lot accomplishments is little off. Thrift, Martin,Dudley, Nixon ,Cox combine for about $ 12,832,477 and few aoy and cups between them I would say that not to bad
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 02:20 AM

I prefer BASS can’t take MLF announcers seriously
Posted By: rangerb

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 02:27 AM

Why, he getting lots of camera time and catching lot of under 2 lb giants.. : )
Posted By: pchapin

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 02:52 AM

[/quote]
Absolutely laughable. My original quote said that anyone that thinks BPT is the best of the best fishermen from top to bottom is confused. I don't agree with your numbers, but even you said some of them in BASS and FLW are better than guys in BPT. I don't know what the past and football has to do with it, but thank you for agreeing with me. [/quote]

You are right. BPT only got 78 of the top 90 professional fishermen from FLW and BASS.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by RMOROTT21
For you to say there isn’t many flw anglers with a lot accomplishments is little off. Thrift, Martin,Dudley, Nixon ,Cox combine for about $ 12,832,477 and few aoy and cups between them I would say that not to bad

"...I think we all agree that BASS and FLW still have some top level studs remaining. But we are talking maybe 5 guys. Not 50+ deep out of the top 80."

Thift is my favorite on FLW. However, you listed 5 guys that everyone agrees are top notch. Now go ahead an compare the next 75 guys in FLW.

Posted By: RMOROTT21

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 03:16 AM

Plenty of those guys at mlf have not been relevant since late 90s and early 2000s duckett, Kelly Jordan , Gary Klein, Paul Elias just to name few I don’t care either way according to some on here mlf is gonna make fishing on tv as big as college football or nfl ratings
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

+1

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king

+1

On a lighter note, the real winner in this whole deal has been my boy Mercer. Now that some of you guys have someone/something new to hate, you’ve given him and the whole BASS crew a much needed pass. thumb
Posted By: the skipper

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king

+1

On a lighter note, the real winner in this whole deal has been my boy Mercer. Now that some of you guys have someone/something new to hate, you’ve given him and the whole BASS crew a much needed pass. thumb

Ha, that is true. But I haven't heard the ggggggggggggggggiant bass as much this year lol
Posted By: 206champion

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by RMOROTT21
Plenty of those guys at mlf have not been relevant since late 90s and early 2000s duckett, Kelly Jordan , Gary Klein, Paul Elias just to name few I don’t care either way according to some on here mlf is gonna make fishing on tv as big as college football or nfl ratings

As I have said before I like all 3 (and Im not jumping on you just wanted to reply to your post) if MLF is going to make this happen they are going to have to do something about catching 63 fish (which is really good for one day) that only weigh 85 pounds versus someone weighing 5 fish for 20 plus pounds, I know this is just my opinion also.
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 01:37 PM

Do y'all ever get tired of arguing over this stupid topic every other week??
Posted By: over the hill @PK

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 01:41 PM

MLF PRO is like he said its boring to watch guys catching 1 & 2 #ers all day long .however watching the others are just as boring when fish are not biting .like the other guy on here said .turn it off hook on the boat and make your on fun
Posted By: 206champion

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Butch @Hubbard creek
MLF PRO is like he said its boring to watch guys catching 1 & 2 #ers all day long .however watching the others are just as boring when fish are not biting .like the other guy on here said .turn it off hook on the boat and make your on fun

Butch you make the most sense lol you are correct sir well said.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 02:40 PM

Good analogy, that spread offense might be fun to watch but when they play Alabama they get murdered
Posted By: boyd1002

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 03:51 PM

My 'hypothetical' analogy would be a little different... we all like to relate fishing to golf (even though the money is vastly different).. over the years you would hear rumblings and there would be a few tournaments that would use the Stableford scoring for golf (ex. 1pt for a bogie, 2 pts for a par, 3 points for a birdie, etc..) basically you are not overly penalized for a blowing up on a hole and the highest score would win. I could easily see the argument some people could make that it would make the game more exciting.. it would make players be much more aggressive with their shots (thus more entertaining) and it would be in a scoring format that is easier for the 'non-golfer' to follow....

Now if 90% of best golfers decide to join a new tour that focused on this new scoring... how bitter would the golf purest be? would they still watch their favorite players or would they watch their favorite format? or would they buy in and start using Stableford scoring when they are playing with their friends... i honestly dont know.

Many of us are purest, and we prefer the format over the anglers.. at least i do. but i will watch all three.. it just really hit home last weekend when i had the option to watch MLF's "superbowl" vs a BASS regular season event and i primarily watched BASS..

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by pchapin
[/quote]

You are right. BPT only got 78 of the top 90 professional fishermen from FLW and BASS.
[/quote]
roflmao Another Kool-Aid drinker. I guess you're right if you count the half of those 78 that haven't performed in 10 years, were about to have to re-qualify and were in a bind over the actual enforcement of the no information rules.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by pchapin

[/quote]
roflmao Another Kool-Aid drinker. I guess you're right if you count the half of those 78 that haven't performed in 10 years, were about to have to re-qualify and were in a bind over the actual enforcement of the no information rules. [/quote]

......wait for it.....wait for it......wait....for....it! (Where’s that in writing? I wanna see it!)

^^^^^^you know its coming^^^^^^
Posted By: Ricktofish

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 06:47 PM

The correct answer to the original OG questions is, all of them. Enjoy watching them all. You guys sound like a bunch of 7th grade girls.

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 09:17 PM

[/quote]

......wait for it.....wait for it......wait....for....it! (Where’s that in writing? I wanna see it!)

^^^^^^you know its coming^^^^^^[/quote]
roflmao Hey Steez, why isn't Ott Defoe's show called, "The Hunt for a whole bunch of 1+ Pound Fish" ? roflmao
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/27/19 09:45 PM

Cayuga.

Those first 2 days they were strumming em good. An 8lber in New York is a toad
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/28/19 12:59 AM

just watch both at the same time.
Posted By: texasbassdude

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/29/19 01:31 PM

Elite Series on Cayuga, hands down. It was awesome. The most I watched of the Redcrest was the replay of Edwin's fury.
Posted By: rangerb

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 08/29/19 05:23 PM

The Red Crest hands down, some excellent close up video of top water action and lots of catching. Watched a little of the BASS, but boring watching cast and retrieve, so switched back to Red Crest. Worth it to see how quick Daniels jerk the hook out of his officials finger. Just mute when Ike’s on. Actually any of the three is better than watching a cornhole tournament. 😋
Posted By: MadFluker

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 11/30/19 06:52 PM

Ok, I'll 100% bite on this. And again, to be clear I like both formats see benefits to the anglers from both. But here goes...

Let's say there are 10 "unhappy" MLF/BPT anglers. Please pitch me why they should capitulate one year into the new deal and more importantly HOW they would actually execute a re-entry into BASS that wouldn't be an absolute nightmare to attempt to pull off. Please explain to me how any BPT angler (who is a small business owner/sole proprietor) would knee jerk at this point and bail out this early and what his economic reasons for do so would be? Even if at this point he absolutely hates the format. Sell it to me.

I can't wait for a reply.

And your Swindle comment is hilarious. I think he's made it in fishing. He's not limping in.

Told Ya!! Ike will jumps soon. TOO FUNNY

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 12/01/19 02:39 AM

You are one awesome fluker... congrats on your prognostication. clap
Posted By: Amac88

Re: MLF Redcrest or BASS Cayuga - 12/02/19 03:49 PM

I'll watch both because I love bass fishing but BASS is what I follow closely. As a kid and still to this day I watch BASS to learn. The format they present is informative on how the anglers search for their fish, how they are set-up, bait presentation, etc. With MLF I don't feel their television format is very informative when it comes to the details on how the anglers are catching their fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum