Forums59
Topics1,039,342
Posts13,963,187
Members144,201
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: SLABXPRESS] #10665098 03/03/15 10:52 PM
Holein MyHook Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I have learned what a potlicker & back reeling is from the TFF after all these years.

Best weather on the planet!
Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: SLABXPRESS] #10665246 03/03/15 11:52 PM
J
John Holland Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Not sure exactly, so I am posting to see. It has been a long time. Met some great folks here in the crappie section and learned a lot for sure. I used to post a lot..pics, reports, and technique but seldom post anymore. I read the forum daily, but there for a good while there were to many critics of what you posted about and I don't have time for that. I still fish a lot with my son and we still catch our fair share of fish. This forum has certainly changed over the years for good and bad, but the bottom line is there is a lot of good information here for crappie fisherman to read.

AkA-Barndoor1855
Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: jcarring99] #10665278 03/04/15 12:03 AM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Coach JC
Originally Posted By: crappieking95
Originally Posted By: Coach JC
Believe me I lke to BS as much as anyone, but even i get sick of having to wade through thread after thread to get to anything meaningful. No BS is boring to which is why I like the bass section! I do find way more useful things in the bass section. I've ordered some stuff and have tried some new techniques after having read some things on there. I bet I haven't picked up anything new here in months or longer.

Maybe there just isn't that many different ways to catch a crappie I don't know. I like reading and seeing new baits and equipment for sure, but then it becomes a contest to see who can kiss the most butt and it begins to lose its value IMHO and mine alone.
Thanks for introducing me to the forum when you did, I got a little taste of the good life before it all went away.. I used to check this thing daily and make multiple post daily also.. I have met some great people from this forum, and have learned loads of information about the sport of crappie fishing. Don't get me wrong there are still some good posters on here but they are far and in between IMO.

Ha! It's hard to imagine that you were in 7th grade when that happened! Time flies when you're having fun! I'm glad you're on here and has been fun watching you grow up to be a man. Keep at it and keep your positive attitude!
I remember all that. Keep at it Xavier!

Bobby Barnett

Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: Jacob] #10665290 03/04/15 12:06 AM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Jacob
It all went downhill after Crappie Dale left....
bolt

grin
roflmao roflmao roflmao

Bobby Barnett

Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: SLABXPRESS] #10665451 03/04/15 12:56 AM
K
k close Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
I was surprised that I've been on here 11 yrs. For the longest I was what the Old Timers referred to as a "Lurker " but I felt I didn't have much to contribute to a thread. I have received a ton of useful knowledge and advice from the members of this forum and find I do have something to share these days thanks to a lot of great anglers on this site. Change is inevitable but not all bad. I still check the forums daily just to see who is doing what and where. Keep up the good work and I hope to be reading everyones posts for another 11 yrs

Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: SLABXPRESS] #10665459 03/04/15 01:01 AM
C
CRAPPIEJIGN Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I cannot believe it has been (9)years since I registered on TFF.

Loved reading the post by WylieCrappieman. It was exciting to read his posts of bank fishing and float tubing.

Always love reading the stuff by Lovfldx. Rudy demonstrated several of the many opportunities to fish, closer to home. An angler who is always studying nature, celebrating his catch, be it sandbass, crappie, big bluegills, catfish or hybrids. A man who really appreciates the sport of fishing.

SandwichMaker. Posted lots of beautiful pics with his info. Loved seeing the Waterwagon and an affixed stringer of slab crappie anchoring it in place.

Ernest Paty. Introduced me to shooting a jig through his DVD. I cannot tell you how many times I watched him fishing the bridge, dock or brushpile in the DVD. Read his posts through the calendar year and derived beneficial information to use on the water.

Jiggen El - love seeing the pics of his float tube adventures. I'm hoping there is a Tuber United reunion this year to add to the collection of stories and photos of slab crappie around the metroplex.

Chuck Rollins and Lane Palmer. IMHO - the best guide service in the metroplex. Love reading the CCL reports, always finding beneficial tips or advice contained within them.

Dutch1947. Dutch is a true sportsman and friend of TFF. I always feel like I have received an honest report of the state of crappie fishing. Dutch speaks and I listen.

TFF has been a blessing. I have been known to revisit the archives of all of the anglers mentioned, to read their reports, to become inspired and to simply be thankful for my love and passion of this hobby.

Jeff

Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: SLABXPRESS] #10665505 03/04/15 01:18 AM
S
Sumfish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
Originally Posted By: SLABXPRESS
Don't care how many posts anyone has.
Just curious how many of you have been a member of TFF for 8 years or more.
The post about what you get out of the forum got me thinking about how much has changed.

I would also like to know what you guys that HAVE been on here that long think about the way it has evolved.

No offense, but if you haven't been on here that long I'd prefer to not have your reply.

Since 2006 as Sumfish and formerly from 2004 as Fishnut 24//7
I can't say things have changed all that much, the players may change but the game remains the same
Fish til you drop! Take it with a grain of sea salt.

?t=1342397301
Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: Black Bass Blake] #10665599 03/04/15 01:47 AM
Radtexan Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Black Bass Blake
Originally Posted By: pugman
Going on 11 yrs. and you can tell that I look more than I post. I have learned a lot but miss the "old" posters. I know that a lot of them quit posting because a simple post ended up being a great debate and bickering. I have also met a lot of good folks on here.

What's up Brother?

7 years for me and I don't post very much at all now, not like I used too. I learned a lot in the Crappie forum the first 3 or 4 years though.. I miss Guy and Ernest going back and forth trying to convince us who knew more about crappie fishing. I learned the most from those post.

I think that's what got me hooked here. I remember when they went through each other's waypoints. Few of the weren't even on the water wink

[Linked Image] "Only death will end my love affair with Texas."
Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: SLABXPRESS] #10666455 03/04/15 11:30 AM
1tex Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I migrated here from the Hunting Forum a while back.I do read all the forums fom bass to sandbass and crappie.I enjoy catching them all.I have learned a lot from them all but I enjoy just reading about and fishing.The successes and the skunked days.There is plenty to learn from them all.

Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: SLABXPRESS] #10666498 03/04/15 12:14 PM
Laner Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I've been here since 2007, which was a big shock to me. That makes some of ya'll pretty old smile

Check Out The New Website!!!

TCU Alumni class of 2009

Owner/Operator Ft. Worth's Premiere Guide Service: www.ftworthfishing.com
817-266-9811

Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: SLABXPRESS] #10668068 03/04/15 08:21 PM
S
spro Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
almost 10 years for me

Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: Jacob] #10668087 03/04/15 08:27 PM
S
Stucky76 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Jacob
It all went downhill after Crappie Dale left....
bolt

grin

Can you imagine if Crappie Dale and Ketchup were on here at the same time? Geez Louise that would be epic and I mean epic in a bad way! roflmao

Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: Radtexan] #10668187 03/04/15 08:59 PM
B
Black Bass Blake Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Radtexan
Originally Posted By: Black Bass Blake
Originally Posted By: pugman
Going on 11 yrs. and you can tell that I look more than I post. I have learned a lot but miss the "old" posters. I know that a lot of them quit posting because a simple post ended up being a great debate and bickering. I have also met a lot of good folks on here.

What's up Brother?

7 years for me and I don't post very much at all now, not like I used too. I learned a lot in the Crappie forum the first 3 or 4 years though.. I miss Guy and Ernest going back and forth trying to convince us who knew more about crappie fishing. I learned the most from those post.

I think that's what got me hooked here. I remember when they went through each other's waypoints. Few of the weren't even on the water wink

LOL I know

"A parent is only as good as they're dumbest child. If one wins the Nobel Peace Prize, but the other gets robbed by a hooker you failed"
Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: SLABXPRESS] #10668522 03/04/15 10:55 PM
T
T. Dub Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I'm actually 9 years old in TFF years. Which is one more year than Stucky, but he has like 10K more posts than me!! It'll make sense if you ever get to meet him. grin I never have been much of a poster, and probably miss my name being trashed a lot, but I don't get to caught up in stuff that doesn't effect my family, or my money, so I'm largely indifferent to what most of you guys post. I believe that the beauty of the internet is that you can choose how much of it you want. If I don't feel like reading somebody go on and on about a bunch of nothing (based on my opinion), then I simply move on. Some people have the equivalent of road rage out here, and get upset with guys just because they've decided they don't like them. If you wanna use incorrect grammar, do you. If you wanna lie about where you caught them, or how, go ahead. If you wanna back reel, back that thang up.

My wife told me a long time ago, that if something doesn't directly effect me, that I don't give it much energy. I guess she's right. BUT... I will say that I have met some people that I will consider life-long friends that are polar-opposites of me (but good men, in spite of that) because of this 1 thing we have in common. That in and of itself is worth the occasional trip out here to yank chains, and get roasted about my ability to count, or operate a PFD. At the end of the day, my motto is live, and let live. Fish, and let fish. TDub Out............ bolt

Re: Curious...How many of you have been on the TFF 8-10 years or more? [Re: T. Dub] #10668533 03/04/15 10:58 PM
SLABXPRESS Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: T. Dub
I'm actually 9 years old in TFF years. Which is one more year than Stucky, but he has like 10K more posts than me!! It'll make sense if you ever get to meet him. grin I never have been much of a poster, and probably miss my name being trashed a lot, but I don't get to caught up in stuff that doesn't effect my family, or my money, so I'm largely indifferent to what most of you guys post. I believe that the beauty of the internet is that you can choose how much of it you want. If I don't feel like reading somebody go on and on about a bunch of nothing (based on my opinion), then I simply move on. Some people have the equivalent of road rage out here, and get upset with guys just because they've decided they don't like them. If you wanna use incorrect grammar, do you. If you wanna lie about where you caught them, or how, go ahead. If you wanna back reel, back that thang up.

My wife told me a long time ago, that if something doesn't directly effect me, that I don't give it much energy. I guess she's right. BUT... I will say that I have met some people that I will consider life-long friends that are polar-opposites of me (but good men, in spite of that) because of this 1 thing we have in common. That in and of itself is worth the occasional trip out here to yank chains, and get roasted about my ability to count, or operate a PFD. At the end of the day, my motto is live, and let live. Fish, and let fish. TDub Out............ bolt

Nice one T Dub! wink

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide