Topics1,039,271
Posts13,962,000
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Photos & Videos Jump to new posts
Scorpion in my boat cover.... cruzfishing 4 hours ago
Check yours twice... I was just going out my business... grabbed the whole cover and was unraveling it and it was wrapped up at the very end of it..... eeks
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 45 Read More
bass clubs Jump to new posts
Lake Fork Anglers (LFA) Bass Fishing Club Tournament Results: 4/25/2024 OldThane 5 hours ago
Lake Fork Anglers (LFA) Bass Fishing Club Tournament Results: 4/25/2024

LFA Tournament – All Bass 10 inches and over count towards total weight scored.

34 Members fished today with a total of 76 bass caught and released, including 5 lunkers over 5 lbs.
Post frontal conditions affected many anglers today, but as always a lucky few will find and boat them.

Winning Anglers
1. Dusty Newton with his best 5 Bass @ 14.95 lbs.
2. Rudy Hall with 4 Bass @ 13.51 lbs.
3. Richard Morris with his best 5 Bass @ 10.52 lbs.
Big Bass: Rudy Hall @ 6.89 lbs.

Winning Co-Anglers
1. Gary Gilmore with 5 Bass @ 17.39 lbs.
2. Kan Kielbas with 3 Bass @ 10.88 lbs.
3. Matt Scotch with 3 Bass @ 9.83 lbs.
Big Bass: Ken Kielbas @ 6.89 lbs.

The LFA club fishes every Thursday with afternoon weigh-in at the SRA Park on Hwy 154 @ 3:00 pm.
Two club tournament formats are rotated weekly.
• LFA – Best 5 fish format – 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month
• Hard Core – MLF format – 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month

All club tournaments are two-person catch and release tournaments with an angler and a co-angler per boat. Anglers compete against anglers and Co-Anglers compete against co-anglers.

LFA members are mostly retired anglers who can fish weekly tournaments each Thursday. Membership is open to all persons who are physically able to fish and function independently in a boat, whether alone, or as a team member during scheduled Thursday fishing tournaments.

Information about club membership can be obtained by sending an email to lfa_2019@yahoo.com.
0 27 Read More
Open Saltwater Discussion Jump to new posts
Deep Sea Charter Fishing with Top Shot Fishing Team on "Happy Day Today" HDT 6 hours ago
Fort Lauderdale fishing report for the charter boat “Happy Day Today” and Top Shot Sportfishing Charters.

April is a great month to deep sea fish in Fort Lauderdale. We are targeting and having some great success with King Mackerel, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Sailfish, Tuna, Sharks, and Amberjacks. When the north current speeds up, the fish start to feed. I always like a little easterly wind with some chop on the water, which gets the fish up and moving. Baitfish are also migrating along the coast during these months, which increases the likelihood of seeing Tuna, Mahi and Sailfish. The warmer water temperatures in Fort Lauderdale stimulate these species and will increase the number of fish caught during a fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale. The sea conditions are calmer during the spring months compared to winter months, making an offshore fishing charter more comfortable for anglers and crew alike.

Fort Lauderdale is located along the southeastern coast of Florida where King Mackerel are plentiful due to the warm waters. Trolling the reef in 100’ to 150’ of water with two deep planner lines with a baited sea witch has been productive for King Mackerel. The Fort Lauderdale area has an abundance of reefs, wrecks, and structures, which is good for Kings. Fishing in Fort Lauderdale offers easy access to deeper waters, which is close in proximity to the coastline where Kings migrate. The Kings have been ranging in size from 8 pound to 15 pounders, and they are known for their powerful runs as well as acrobatic leaps out of the water when hooked. We are using a variety of colors to see which one gets the fish biting; for example, we will fish a green sea witch when the water color is a darker green or use a darker color sea witch on clear sunny conditions. Fresh cut strips definitely make a difference, and we are catching more and bigger ones. Adjusting the speed of boat and trolling at faster or slower speeds can help make the stubborn fish feed. Kings migrate through the area year-round, which gives anglers the opportunity to catch Kings regardless of the season; however, April and May are the peak times to target them.

Bottom fishing for Mutton Snappers has also picked up, and these fish are moving along the reef and can be found anywhere from 100 out to 200 feet of water. Fort Lauderdale has many wrecks, drop offs and structures which is good for Snapper fishing. Anchoring up or drifting in the current is a great way to target these fish. Keeping the bait close to the bottom and using fresh bait is key when targeting Snappers. Mutton Snappers are prized for their delicious taste and can grow to impressive sizes. We have been losing some Muttons to Sharks and catching most. Using a circle hook or J hook with light tackle makes for a fun fight. Depending on the conditions of the day will determine what method is used to target them.

April, May, and June are three good months for Tuna fishing in Fort Lauderdale. The close proximity to the Gulf Stream with warm waters are ideal conditions for Tuna. These fish are traveling along the continental shelf and can be caught in 100 feet of water out to 500 feet of water. Groups of Tuna will break the surface and can be visible from a distance. Look out for birds working high above the area, which is a good indication of Tuna activity. These fish are ranging from 8 to 15 pounds with some fish over 25 pounds. Tunas are prized for their strong fighting ability, and not to mention they are an excellent fish to eat either raw or cooked. Tunas have good eyesight, so a little chop in the ocean with cloudy skies will increase the bite which helps hide the line and hook set. Trolling at a higher speed can also help the Tuna bite. Using live baits for Tunas is another great method. Pilchards and Herring work well when fished out of the kite or from the outriggers. Trolling with smaller lures on the surface and deeper planner line is probably one of the most successful techniques. What also makes this style fishing exciting is the ability to hook into other species such Mahi Mahi, Sailfish and Wahoo while trolling for Tuna.

Hammerhead Sharks have been moving through the area, and with the north current, we are seeing these sharks on the surface and deep baits. They have an excellent sense of smell and can detect a bait from a long distance. April and May are two very good months when fishing in Fort Lauderdale for Sharks. In addition to Hammerheads, we are also catching Tiger, Sandbar, and Bull Sharks. I am using a single large circle hook which sets in the corner of the Shark’s mouth and eliminates the Shark getting gut hooked. A spread of three baits works the best with one on the surface, one fished at 150 feet of water and the third bait fished at 300 feet of water. A Bonita cut in half is a tough bait to beat - a Hammerhead Shark will find the scent trail and zero in on the bait. When a Hammerhead Shark feeds it’s when the excitement begins - the rod will bend over, and the drag will start ripping off the reel. Anglers will strap in for a fight of a lifetime, which can last over an hour.

Fishing in Fort Lauderdale during the month of April we have also been having a lot of success with Amberjacks. We have over a dozen wrecks in the county and these fish will congregate around the shipwrecks. We are catching these fish anywhere from 100’ of water out to 400’ of water, depending on the depth of the wreck structure. Using live bait, dead bait or vertical jigging works well when targeting Amberjack. When the current is heading to the north, I will position the boat just south of the structure, and the first mate will rig a bait and send the bait down to the bottom. It’s important to bring the bait up off the bottom and not to snag the wreck. When the fish feeds, the rod will bend over and game on. This is an important part of the fight as it is the angler’s responsibility to quickly get the fish away from the structure. Moving the boat ahead of the structure helps the angler in getting the fish away from the structure, as these fish are fighting to get back in their home. In addition to Amberjack, we are also catching Groupers and Snappers while wreck fishing.

To book a deep-sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale aboard the “Happy Day Today” 52’ Hatteras sport fish contact Capt. Dave Zsak at 954-439-8106 Website: www.topshotfishing.com

Bahia Mar
801 Seabreeze Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316
0 27 Read More
Whites - Hybrids - Striper Jump to new posts
Can We Tone Down the Drums, Please? -- 48 Fish, Live Shad, 25 April (2 photos) Holding The Line 6 hours ago

WHO I FISHED WITH:

This morning, Thursday, April 25, I fished with the Oliver brothers – Joe, Jack, Jamie, and Jeff. The four have fished with me at least one time each year for most of the eighteen years I’ve been in business.

Today we made an intentional attempt at targeting hybrid striped bass using live shad.

My next open date is Wed., 29 May (AM).

Here’s how the fishing went…

[Linked Image]

PHOTO CAPTION: From left: Jamie and Jack Oliver with a pair of hybrid striped bass taken from the same area just a few minutes apart, both on live threadfin shad.

[Linked Image]

PHOTO CAPTION: From left: Jamie and Jeff Oliver with a multi-species double landed simultaneously. Both fish were taken on live threadfin shad.

WHERE WE FISHED: Lake Belton

WHEN WE FISHED: Thursday, 25 April 2024 (AM)

HOW WE FISHED:

We had a damp, cloudy morning all morning with east-southeast winds at 10 to 12 mph and light rain for the middle two hours of this four hour trip.

Although we found fish at all but the last two areas we fished, these areas seemed to have all but legal hybrid stripers.

We landed an unusually high number of freshwater drum this morning (perhaps half of our overall catch), as well as blue catfish, two largemouth bass, one smallmouth bass, a mess of white bass (all legal), two short hybrid, and two legal hybrid stripers. Both of these legal hybrid came from the same area on a fairly well-sloped bottom in about 36 feet of water. One of the two short hybrid we landed also came from this same area.

I’m still kinda shaking my head about the freshwater drum. I’ve never landed that many as a bycatch on any fishing trip in 33 years fishing Belton and Stillhouse.

Although I am still reserving judgment on how the hybrid fishery may or may not have come back’, I certainly anticipated a better catch of legal hybrid stripers given the time of year and the conditions we had today.

Our final tally was 48 fish

TALLY: 48 fish caught and released

OBSERVATIONS:

With 2+ days of southerly winds and increasing warmth and humidity, I rather easily netted shad at Area vic SHAD039. Here is the water temperature profile for Lake Belton, measured before sunrise on April 18th …

0 feet 69.8F
5 feet 69.6F
10 feet 69.4F
15 feet 69.1F
20 feet 68.6F
25 feet 68.5F
30 feet 67.8F
35 feet 66.6F
40 feet 65.1F
45 feet 63.9F
50 feet 62.4F
55 feet 61.5F

WEATHER DATA:

Start Time: 7:20A

End Time: 11:30A

Air Temp. @ Trip’s Start: 68F

Elevation: 9.07 feet low, 33 CFS flow

Water Surface Temp: 67.1F on the surface.

Wind Speed & Direction: ESE9-12 all morning

Sky Condition: 100% grey skies all morning with light rain from 8:30 to 10:30A

Moon Phase: Waning gibbous moon at 98% illumination.

GT = 50

Wx SNAPSHOT:

[Linked Image]

AREAS FISHED WITH SUCCESS:

Best two producers were Area vic 1209, and BG0026 (3 of our 4 hybrid came from this location)

Bob Maindelle

Full-time, Professional Fishing Guide and Owner of Holding the Line Guide Service

Belton Lake Fishing Guide, Stillhouse Hollow Fishing Guide

254.368.7411 (call or text)

E-mail: Bob@HoldingTheLineGuideService.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/bobmaindelle

Twitter: www.twitter.com/bobmaindelle
0 42 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Helix 9 si gen1 EastTexNative Yesterday at 11:12 PM
300.00 Plus shipping

HELIX 9 SI GPS KVD
SI TRANSOM TRANSDUCER & MOUNTING HARDWARE
LAKEMASTER MID SOUTH CHIP
NAVIONICS MID SOUTH CHIP
POWER CABLE/FUSE
UNIT COVER

0 55 Read More
Electronics, Sonar, Radar, Chart Plotters, Mapping Chips Jump to new posts
Purple fish PrimitiveAngler Yesterday at 09:00 PM
Can someone give me a little assistance getting the purple fish off my chart? Lowrance Hook 5sss. Thanks!

[Linked Image]
0 27 Read More
Videos Jump to new posts
Use Circle Hooks For a Solid Hook-Up & Safe Release! Scuba Chris Yesterday at 05:42 PM
I Prefer Mustad Circle Hooks But Any Circle Hooks Will Work!

If you don't keep a lot of your catches you should consider using circle hooks. Why? The shape of the hook will deter excessive damage to the fish & will make it easier to release. Most catch & release events encourages the usage of circle hooks. Watch this short video to truly understand.

0 37 Read More
Quantum Spinning Reels sll Yesterday at 05:05 PM
*** Two NIB Quantum Accurist PT S3 spinning reels, Model ATO30SPT, 5.2:1 ratio, 7 bearings, $130 shipped for the pair.

*** (2) NIB Quantum Energy PT S3 spinning reels, Model EN30SPT, 9 Bearings, 5.2: ratio....$140 shipped for the pair.
0 59 Read More
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Caregiver Needed in Nevada, Texas Indianation65 Yesterday at 04:41 PM
This is a recent post I place on some social media platforms. I thought I'd do it in the hunting and fishing forums.
I actually trust these two communities the most! Please pass on if you know someone!

Our family is looking for a home health caregiver for our senior mother. She is 91, has dementia, limited mobility, but does have her good and bad moments. One moment she is laughing and talking, quite aware of her surroundings, then the next, the dementia moments kick in, (details will be discussed later). We are located in Nevada, Texas, and in the house is/are myself, my brother and both our parents. My dad has limitations as well, but no dementia. We would like to speak with interested caregivers who live within 10-30 minutes away, "experienced and compassionate," and who have reliable transportation. It will be a full-time 40-hour work week, and again, details will be discussed and worked out upon full interviews. My brother will make the final decision after the interview process. If interested, please "PRIVATE MESSAGE" your contact information. An initial phone call discussion will take place with one of us, we'll ask questions and you will ask yours. Thanks, all the best to you and yours. Blessings To ALL! +++

Addendum: Light household chores and cooking is part of the job. Thanks again!

Addendum II: If you KNOW caregivers looking for employment near the Nevada, Texas area, please pass on the information.

...+++
0 123 Read More
Tournament Dates & Information Jump to new posts
Fishers of men DFW (Cedar Creek May 11th) M. Bates Yesterday at 03:33 PM
Come fish with us and enjoy and meal and listen to a great speaker Friday evening!!!
0 42 Read More
2020 Lund 1600 Fury ben55 Yesterday at 01:02 PM
2020 Lund 1600 Fury with a 2021 Mercury 40hp 4stroke. Helix 10 SI on back and Helix 10 and 7 on front. Minn Kota Terrova 80lb with Mega 360. Has around 20 hrs. on engine. Older aluminum trailer that is in good shape. Owner passed away and I am just trying to help the family sell it. 9792775807. $10,000
0 126 Read More
Crickets BassFever Yesterday at 01:01 AM
it's always so quiet in here when the network is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
0 168 Read More
yakkers classifieds Jump to new posts
Ascend 12T with Lorance Hook 5TS RealBigReel Yesterday at 12:51 AM
Ascend 12T Original price $749.99
Ascend Tournament paddle $79.99
Cart $74.99
Lorance Hook 5TS $399.00
Yak Power $179.99
Anchor $24.99
Homey Base Anchor Reel ~$20.00
Total $1528.95

Asking $900.00
George Franklin
Stephenville, TX
email gaf_loft@yahoo.com
0 60 Read More
non-fishing CLASSIFIEDS Jump to new posts
STAG ARMS 6.5 Creedmore Woodwzrd Yesterday at 12:39 AM
Full STAG ARMS 6.5 Creedmore Rifle
24" Stainless Barrel
Upgraded Stock with Cheek Riser
XTS Ergo Grip
Anti Roll Pins
Nikon 4x12x40 Scope
Aero Precision Pepr Type Scop Mount
Will Come with......
5rd Mag
30rd Mag
2 Boxes of Ammo.
$1400
$1300 without Scope & Mount.
Irving, Tx
Text 469 569 1774
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 117 Read More
Daily praise 863 deerfeeder 04/24/24 04:38 PM
Numbers 6:24-26

“The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”

Lord, thank you for your great love and blessing in my life, and that your favor has no end. I ask for your guidance so that I might walk fully in your blessing and goodness today. Please guide me down the paths you have chosen for me, and steer me away from those that will only be trouble. Please bless the work I do today and bring to fulfillment all that you have given me to do. Please make my way purposeful and my footsteps firm out of your goodness and love, and give me a heart of wisdom to hear your voice. In Jesus' Name, Amen

0 67 Read More
Open Freshwater Discussion Jump to new posts
TXTT on Richland Chambers Next Weekend, May 4th! Bass Pro Shops & Cabela's TXTT 04/24/24 03:21 PM
Register Now for the TXTT on Richland Chambers NEXT WEEK!!!

The fourth event of the 2024 Bass Pro Shops & Cabela’s Texas Team Trail presented by Progressive season on Richland Chambers is happening next week, May 4th, and registration is still open! Teams fishing in this event will be competing for over in cash and prizes, which will include a 2024 Nitro Z-18 with Mercury 150 Pro XS package, a new Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 93sv, a Power-Pole CHARGE system, and the optional Angler’s Advantage. This is also the last chance for teams to earn valuable points towards the season ending championship at Toledo Bend and for the Progressive Team of the Year will be awarded.

To register for the 2024 Texas Team Trail tournaments, please read the updated 2024 RULES and then follow this link to register today: https://outdoorteamworks.com/trail/txtt/registration/
0 69 Read More
TXTT on Richland Chambers Next Weekend, May 4th! Bass Pro Shops & Cabela's TXTT 04/24/24 03:16 PM
Register Now for the TXTT on Richland Chambers NEXT WEEK!!!

The fourth event of the 2024 Bass Pro Shops & Cabela’s Texas Team Trail presented by Progressive season on Richland Chambers is happening next week, May 4th, and registration is still open! Teams fishing in this event will be competing for over in cash and prizes, which will include a 2024 Nitro Z-18 with Mercury 150 Pro XS package, a new Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 93sv, a Power-Pole CHARGE system, and the optional Angler’s Advantage. This is also the last chance for teams to earn valuable points towards the season ending championship at Toledo Bend and for the Progressive Team of the Year will be awarded.

To register for the 2024 Texas Team Trail tournaments, please read the updated 2024 RULES and then follow this link to register today: https://outdoorteamworks.com/trail/txtt/registration/
0 72 Read More
Fly Fishing Jump to new posts
Hard to beat the Popper-Dropper hook-line&sinker 04/24/24 11:31 AM
Been working on streamlining the popper part of the Popper-Dropper to reduce the tangled mess a two fly rig can create..

Also.. Big fly = Big Bass and an old sore right arm wink But it's worth the effort!

0 81 Read More
Videos Jump to new posts
How To Attach a Reel Stand Balancer to Your Spinning Reel! Scuba Chris 04/24/24 03:51 AM
Definitely Helps To Keep Your Reel Housing From Getting Damaged!

I ordered a few of these off the TEMU app to try out. For a couple bucks each it was worth it. Not much is out there on the use & installation of reel stands so i thought i'd put this out for the 1st timers (mine too). The BEST ones out there are being offered by Gomexus. Need to put in a request for some. The Gomexus models actually bend to allow for easy transportation, usage & storage. Be sure to match-up your make & model.

0 46 Read More
Daily praise 862 deerfeeder 04/23/24 03:35 PM
1 Peter 3:3-4

“Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.”

Lord, help me live an authentic life. Help me see where my true beauty and worth lie – in being a child of the Most High God. Help me have the unfading beauty of a gentle spirit. Thank you for valuing me so much that you sent Jesus to die for me. Thank you that you take what is broken and ugly in me – my sin – and wash me white as snow. Help me live to glorify you, not myself. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

0 40 Read More
Bass Fishing Jump to new posts
First Trip out and Big Bass Tournament for Guys around Texarkana KenTx1962 04/23/24 01:08 PM
0 243 Read More
Freshwater Reports Jump to new posts
Lake Ray Hubbard Bass Fishing Report April 22nd, 2024 cruzfishing 04/23/24 03:17 AM
Wind: 12-15mph
Depth 3-5 Feet
Temps: 68 degrees
Clarity: Stained/Dirty
The lake is fishing well, after 2 inches of rain and a cold snap a couple days ago the fishing had slowed down a bit. Today the bass are active and moving back into shallow water. Male bass are eating well. We caught a bunch today in several spots on the lake. This is a good sign that the full moon is signaling time for another spawn.
Alternate between fast moving baits that mimic shad and creature baits or jigs. The male bass are gorging because they will be sitting on nests for a week or so. Now's a good time to get to the lake. Since they are shallow you will be able to find them near shore.(if shore fishing)

Hope this helps.

Video with lures we used:
0 136 Read More
2 x Amped Outdoors Lithium Batteries. 12v & 14V dpd6928 04/23/24 01:12 AM
One 12 volt 30 Ah lithium battery with charger $120.

One 14 volt 48 Ah lithium battery with charger $200.

Both bought a year ago and used to power Garmin Livescope in two different boats. Great for boats or kayaks.

817-319-9239
0 200 Read More
Seviin reel Brandon Potter 04/22/24 09:42 PM
7:3 right handed reel, only used a few months $80
7’5 St croix Victory rod MHF $100
Text for pics 469-853-2473
0 157 Read More
Bohemian 2024 stinkbait69 04/22/24 07:21 PM
The 2024 Bohemian Bass Classic is schedule for May 19,2024, going out of Whitney Ridge (formally Uncle Gus), Lake Whitney.

See West Bass Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/west.bass.7
0 119 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide