Forums59
Topics1,039,912
Posts13,972,128
Members144,222
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: CubbyObrien] #14757139 06/22/23 01:16 PM
B
Blake9 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Nice fish

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: Blake9] #14757152 06/22/23 01:28 PM
C
CubbyObrien Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by Blake9
Nice fish

Thankyou Blake, she was a tank. I am shocked that lake Arlington has fish like that. Me and Tony have had several over 7 the last few weeks there.

Go home at the end of your shift, no matter the cost!
Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: CubbyObrien] #14757211 06/22/23 02:18 PM
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Have no problems with my single liveell with a divider on my 2023 zxr 250. I threw a 9 pounder in there the other day just to take time to weigh it and snap a picture and it fit fine. If I ever have a problem when those live wells are too small I can assure you Ill be happy to figure it out. Im with Budah..... don't rip into me. It looks to me like the fish needed to be fizzed. Was it caught deep?

Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: CubbyObrien] #14757218 06/22/23 02:22 PM
petro Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
I have had several 7lbers in livewell this year in spring caught in 2ft of water do that same thing. Livewells are the smallest I have ever owned.

Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: Barrett] #14757243 06/22/23 02:48 PM
C
CubbyObrien Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by Barrett
Have no problems with my single liveell with a divider on my 2023 zxr 250. I threw a 9 pounder in there the other day just to take time to weigh it and snap a picture and it fit fine. If I ever have a problem when those live wells are too small I can assure you Ill be happy to figure it out. Im with Budah..... don't rip into me. It looks to me like the fish needed to be fizzed. Was it caught deep?

fish was caught in 15', Not gonna rip into ya, just tired of folks gas lighting topics that are off topic or just trolling imo. Fish was active and mad the entire time she just couldn't get straight in the livewell, hence the question. I have seen multiple and I mean multiple posts when you search this topic on how to remove that divider once i started researching it, so its not a isolated problem.

This site used to be so helpful and positive and now most just get attacked or posts highjacked by folks with differing opinions. Didn't have a needle and didn't have the ablility to get one with no one else there that had one. Released her at the end of the docks and she stayed down and swam off. Wither she needed to be fizzed or not wasn't even the original topic or question. I asked for assistance and some gave that assistance and I thank them. Like I said, the trolling or folks that don't read the original post and just go negative or such is the reason I don't post much any more. Everything said is attacked or Trolled to an extent on every post at some point and god forgive you say OH IVIE!

Thankyou for the folks that gave me a good response that will fix the issue

Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: CubbyObrien] #14757267 06/22/23 03:15 PM
GTrigg Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Nice fish Cubby.... thumb

I've had several friends who have gotten away from Skeeter's due to their smaller live wells.

And I totally agree with you on the direction TFF has become with all the "know-it-alls" and their negative comments on every thread.

Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: CubbyObrien] #14757269 06/22/23 03:16 PM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Lmao! Seriously dude? Trigger much? I wasn’t the first one that said the fish needed to be fizzed but that’s cool Aaron. I’m not mad at ya at all, hopefully next time you’ll have a needle or some clips to atleast try it and see if I’m full of it or not.
I gave my opinion on what I saw and the fact that the original post that I read and all subsequent posts made no mention of the fish being deep hooked or injured. Def not worth flying off the handle and acting like you’ve been brutally attacked. Lol. But if that’s how you roll then roll on brother!

Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: CubbyObrien] #14757271 06/22/23 03:19 PM
GTrigg Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Trigger much? That is my name, so Buda I would appreciate it if you did not make fun of it.

Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: CubbyObrien] #14757317 06/22/23 04:14 PM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by CubbyObrien
Originally Posted by buda13
Sorry amigo… this looks more like angler error not a livewell issue. As tournament anglers we should be able to recognize a fish that needs to be fizzed or have some flip clips put on it. It’s not only deep fish this can happen to, especially when it’s this hot and the fish is super stressed. Bummer to see an 8+ have to die because of this.

Poor Arlington has been absolutely kicked in the teeth with tournament fish kills the last couple of years. The one last year was one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

really, way to react and not examine or even read the original post or the picture!

this kind of comment is exactly why I refrain from posting. Here much! Take a closer look at the picture bud and you even know me. The fish couldn't get straight in the livewell and would fight the wall and divider, this worried me and if it was a longer tournament i would have taken a trophy pic and released the fish right away due to the issue in the picture.. NO idea where you got the idea that the fish died? from my OP? Way to take a positive post for a topic requesting a honest answer to a problem and turning it into click bait! THE FISH WAS RELEASED ALIVE and swam OFF.

This was a snap shot of the fish in the live well not its overall situation, she would sit upright for a while and when the aerator would come on she would start fiighting the walls. Dont want this to happen again and we really dont need a devider in that boat much like other who fish a tournament from time to time. We also didn't have a needle at the time and asked everyone there, who also didn't have a needle. She was released in deeper water and swam off.

Thankyou 78 for a good information that I will put to task asap! answers like this are what this site should be like. and for the most part still is.

SMDH Budda, thankyou for your input that in no way answered the original post or helped in any way other than Gas Light something

I was just trying to help you out. But I will keep my comments and knowledge to myself! Thanks for reminding me why it’s best not to try to help people.

Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: CubbyObrien] #14757326 06/22/23 04:24 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Must've weighed her before weigh-in and gone with the heavier weight on your post... roflmao
[Linked Image]

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: leethefishking] #14757330 06/22/23 04:32 PM
C
CubbyObrien Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by leethefishking
Originally Posted by CubbyObrien
Sorry amigo… this looks more like angler error not a livewell issue. As tournament anglers we should be able to recognize a fish that needs to be fizzed or have some flip clips put on it. It’s not only deep fish this can happen to, especially when it’s this hot and the fish is super stressed. Bummer to see an 8+ have to die because of this.

Poor Arlington has been absolutely kicked in the teeth with tournament fish kills the last couple of years. The one last year was one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

really, way to react and not examine or even read the original post or the picture!

this kind of comment is exactly why I refrain from posting. Here much! Take a closer look at the picture bud and you even know me. The fish couldn't get straight in the livewell and would fight the wall and divider, this worried me and if it was a longer tournament i would have taken a trophy pic and released the fish right away due to the issue in the picture.. NO idea where you got the idea that the fish died? from my OP? Way to take a positive post for a topic requesting a honest answer to a problem and turning it into click bait! THE FISH WAS RELEASED ALIVE and swam OFF.

This was a snap shot of the fish in the live well not its overall situation, she would sit upright for a while and when the aerator would come on she would start fiighting the walls. Dont want this to happen again and we really dont need a devider in that boat much like other who fish a tournament from time to time. We also didn't have a needle at the time and asked everyone there, who also didn't have a needle. She was released in deeper water and swam off.

Thankyou 78 for a good information that I will put to task asap! answers like this are what this site should be like. and for the most part still is.

SMDH Budda, thankyou for your input that in no way answered the original post or helped in any way other than Gas Light something

I was just trying to help you out. But I will keep my comments and knowledge to myself! Thanks for reminding me why it’s best not to try to help people.

Leethefishking? HUH? never even mentioned you?

Last edited by CubbyObrien; 06/22/23 04:32 PM.

Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: buda13] #14757335 06/22/23 04:35 PM
C
CubbyObrien Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
Lmao! Seriously dude? Trigger much? I wasn’t the first one that said the fish needed to be fizzed but that’s cool Aaron. I’m not mad at ya at all, hopefully next time you’ll have a needle or some clips to atleast try it and see if I’m full of it or not.
I gave my opinion on what I saw and the fact that the original post that I read and all subsequent posts made no mention of the fish being deep hooked or injured. Def not worth flying off the handle and acting like you’ve been brutally attacked. Lol. But if that’s how you roll then roll on brother!

And Matt yes you put a twist on that without the actual knowledge or apparently reading the original post....no were did it say the fish died or caught super deep, read your initial reply brother. Was a simple question to which some folks actually answered with helpful answers. Ill digress and move along now, again thankyou for the solutions to my initial question to those that answered,

Last edited by CubbyObrien; 06/22/23 04:36 PM.

Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: leethefishking] #14757336 06/22/23 04:38 PM
C
CubbyObrien Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
and yes fishing fellow, fish was 8.03 on the scale in our boat.

Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: CubbyObrien] #14757360 06/22/23 05:07 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
That fish clearly needed fizzing.

Re: Skeeter livewell devider removal [Re: WAWI] #14757381 06/22/23 05:32 PM
C
CubbyObrien Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
C
Budda, gonna agree to disagree, not mad at you either, triggered a bit, just a little.

Never said fish didn’t need fizzing! Already explained what we tried. Just wanted to ask if folks had a solution and got the answer I needed and Thankyou for the solution.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide