Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 #14589620 01/08/23 04:03 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] January 2023 (1-7-23 Sat. Late PM):

Sadly, things do not always come out the way you hope. I was unable to give you a little more prelim due to events that went on here that have basically two weeks of chaos here. I hope you had a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year on your end, as we did not here.

I have just confirmed the layout of January 2023 & also winged out my PYC days for January 2023

For those of you just now tuning in, you can always peruse the archive.

Previously ...
2010 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5176857/1>
2011 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5657988/1>
2012 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/7059981/1>
2013 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/8477517/1>
2014 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/9620277/1>
2015 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10541276/1>
2016 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/11325915/1>
2017 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12013552/1>
2018 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12556618/1>
2019 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13015486/1>
2020 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13397571/1>
2021 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/13838755/1>
2022 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/14243314/1>

And this year's ...
2023 <https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/14589620/1>

Back during the Turkey Day holiday, I was unable to deep fry a turkey, with my newly bought fryer setup from Wal-Mart, due to rain & bad weather here. It looked like Christmas was going to be the same (as to nasty weather here). With some assistance from cousin Jimmy & son-in-law Eric, we were able to build a Turkey shed (I think it was Saturday 17th, but it is all a blur), consisting of a 15 feet wide by 11' long metal roof shed with which we could put tarps on the side if windy. I also for some reason had given Eric & Kristina their Christmas gift early- a turkey fryer setup as well, from Academy. Good thing I did that, as to all that ensued following that. We had an Arctic cold front headed in, so Sunday afternoon the 18th, I was busy getting everything ready for below freezing weather. I ran into & stepped on some dead winds out near the garden. As I did, there was a smell that seemed awful familar. It was, as it seems this is the one weed I am allergic to. Usually if tearing into one with a weedeater, I start coughing & gagging and have to leave the area to stop from it getting worse. So, since these 3 I stepped on were dead,, they affected me slightly different. Within 30 minutes, I started to sneeze & cough.

This went on Monday & Tuesday. but Tuesday I took some HEB similar to Benadryl. That stopped my runny faucet nose. Still struggling to work at the shop, one co-worker came back in on Wednesday. It seems he & his family caught COVid. It was either Tuesday or Wednesday that Mom told me she had a dream that she & I had COVid for Christmas. It seems I was worse Thursday morning when my Mom pleaded for me to take the test. It was positive in the first minute. So, I took off Thursday & Friday. And I was off on Monday the 26th, so hopefully I would be clear for Tuesday. Actually I was doing better by Thursday evening as the fever came down. I was in recovery. However, Mom was ht Christmas afternoon & it made her week enough to collapse about 10 PM Christmas night. My grandson Willan came down to assist me. We finally called for an ambulance, so she might recover better in the hospital. On Thursday night, she was back home in hospice care. She never shared anymore about her dream. Family members took turns until I would get in from work each weekday. Sunday evening, she became more tired & she was unable to take medicine, or even drink water. Monday morning (2nd) was even more so. By 1:25 PM she was no longer with us. Luckily, many family members were able to get here before that, to say last goodbyes. So it has been tough on everybody this past week here. I lost an old roommate of 32+ years.

As I noted, I was able to give you a little heads up into January & February, by sharing on the next two months of strong BlueCat runs.

*** BlueCat run in January 2023-- 7th thru 11th (Saturday - Wednesday) [the most for 2023].

*** BlueCat run in February 2023-- 15th thru 18th (Wednesday - Saturday) [the second biggest run for 2023].

Briefs on Ukraine, wife Elena & daughter Helen-

Russia continues hitting power plants & civilian targets.

Helen is dealing with electricity, water, and heat outages more so. She was unable to get Western Union last week, but finally did on the 3rd.

Elena, it seems, is somewhere between El Gouna & Hurghada, as today, she said they visited El Gouna which is called the Egyptian Venice. Up in the Nile Delta, she has had to adjust to different things, so she is seeing several doctors trying to resolve these issues.

Building on the Hoveround friendly bedroom for my Mom on the weekends has been delayed until February. It is sad that Mom never got to experiece it before she left us. She was 86.

Back to catfishing ...

Here's your calendar for December 2022

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JANUARY 2023
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 BC | 2 ZIP | 3 BC | 4 BC | 5 YC | 6 YC | 7 BC
8 BC | 9 BC | 10 BC | 11 BC | 12 ZIP | 13 ZIP | 14 ZIP
15 BFT | 16 BFT | 17 ZIP | 18 ZIP | 19 ZIP | 20 ZIP | 21 BC
22 YC | 23 BFT | 24 YC | 25 ZIP | 26 ZIP | 27 BC | 28 BC
29 BC | 30 ZIP | 31 ZIP

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- January 2023 Moon Phases---
6th- Full Moon
14th- Last Qtr
21st- New Moon
28th- 1st Qtr

TARGETOS (Multiple Target Briefs)---

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- January 2023 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
***Decoded, it looks like this...
1st Week- 5/6 Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- 14 Sat
3rd Week- 15/16 Sun/Mon
4th Week- 23/24 Mon/Tues
5th Week- NONE

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- January 2023 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- 5/6 Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 22/24 Sun/Tues
5th Week- NONE

***You might want to try the PYC days for those weeks that do not have YC days listed on the Calendar.

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- January 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 1/3/4/7 Sun/Tues/Wed/Sat
2nd Week- 8/9/10/11 Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed
3rd Week- 21 Sat
4th Week- 27/28 Fri/Sat.
5th Week- 29 Sun

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- January 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 15/16 Sun/Mon
4th Week- 23 Mon
5th Week- NONE

Maybe I can catch up to start sharing prelims again, starting in February.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Special Notes ...

** ALWAYS ... be sure to note that YC days are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward. Like they say in pool (or billiards), Rack 'em Up!!!

*** And be sure to not get them (YC) confused with PYC days, as this (PYC) is my reference to the YellowCat underlying pattern. The YC days are the hardest pull for that day of the calendar, as to the 4 possible 'sigs" of mine [YC/BC/BFT/ZIP].

Here is the KEY-

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2022 KEY:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Always bait out lines the night before a YC or BC day.
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack ‘em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Near Full Moon, Gator Gars & YellowCats seem to feed a few hours later.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC or PYC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCat’s Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.
Tip- Bleedover works both ways- Before & After a calendar day. Take advantage.
Tip- For better luck on ZIP days, try a stimulant (not natural) type bait, such as stink/punch/dough.
Tip- In my experiences, it seems ChannelCats (CC) bite best for me, on BFT days.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Whew! I managed to stay awake. Last night, I was not so lucky.

Wear that lifejacket!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14620340 02/04/23 07:41 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] January 2023 (1-7-23 Sat. Late PM):

I am still trying to catch up on my end here & staying warm & dry.

Some of us deem February as Big BlueCat month of the year.

As previously noted, February has a strong BlueCat run.
*** BlueCat run in February 2023-- 15th thru 18th (Wednesday - Saturday) [the second biggest run for 2023].

New article in "In-Fisherman" mag (March/April 2023 issue Vol.48, #1) on ChannelCats Early. See pp.42-46. Looks like mostly for northern USA, but who knows, might be similar down here in Texas & surrounding states. Yikes, I just looked at the back inside page of the back cover & saw the prices on two boats- One Skeeter is almost 100 Grand & another is 68 Grand. But on the back cover is an ad for "Spider Away" (by Star brite) It is a safe non-toxic formula. Hmm, we have plenty here at the house & up at the shop. It says they leave the area & do not return to webs or nests without killing them. And lasts 3 to 6 months.

Briefs on Ukraine, wife Elena & daughter Helen-

Putin is still manipulating Russia to continue his tyranny.

Helen is surviving in Bucha as best she can, working around power, water & heating outtages, as well as bank when she goes to pick up Western Union funds from us. I think she is realizing that this war will be lengthier than she had thought after she returned

Elena is doing OK, but stumbled on Friday & made a mess of her knee. She is about to get her second visa (as to the 6 month or longer variety).

I resume work on Mom's Hoveround friendly new room either on the 11th or 18th, even though she has passed away.

I am working on the van today & tomorrow. We may be taking a trip to what used to be Running Branch Marina in a few months (when less cold & rainy). I had almost completed work in 2021 on my cousin's big 14 foot MonArk with 20 HP Evinrude & tilt trailer, when I took a pause. The last items were the roof frame, front lights & probably now, a new battery may need replacing.

Back to catfishing ...

Here's your calendar for February 2023

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- FEBRUARY 2023
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX | 1 YC | 2 YC | 3 YC | 4 BC
5 BC | 6 BFT | 7 BFT | 8 BFT | 9 ZIP | 10 ZIP | 11 BFT
12 BFT | 13 ZIP | 14 ZIP | 15 BC | 16 BC | 17 BC | 18 BC
19 BFT | 20 BFT | 21 BFT | 22 ZIP | 23 ZIP | 24 BC | 25 BC
26 ZIP | 27 ZIP | 28 YC
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- February 2023 Moon Phases---
5th- Full Moon
13th- Last Qtr
20th- New Moon
27th- 1st Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- February 2023 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- 1/2 Wed/Thurs
2nd Week- 10/11 Fri/Sat
3rd Week- 12 Sun
4th Week- 20/21 Mon/Tues
5th Week- NONE

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- February 2023 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- 1/2/3 Wed/Thur/Fri
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- 28 Tues

***You might want to try the PYC days for those weeks that do not have YC days listed on the Calendar.

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- February 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 4 Sat
2nd Week- 3 Sun
3rd Week- 15/16/17/18 Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat
4th Week- 24/25 Fri/Sat
5th Week- NONE

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- February 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 6/7/8/11 Mon/Tues/Wed/Sat
3rd Week- 12 Sun
4th Week- 19/20/21 Sun/Mon/Tues
5th Week- NONE

Slowly catching up here due to Mom's recent passing away on January 2nd.

Here are a few glimpses ahead into March 2023...
next PYC days- 1/2 Wed/Thurs
next YC days- 1/2 Wed/Thurs
next BC days- 4/8/9 Sat/ Wed/Thurs
next BFT days- 5/6/7/11 Sun/Mon/Tues/Sat

Special Notes ...

** ALWAYS ... be sure to note that YC days are also great for Blues. So when you have a clump of BC & YC days, press forward. Like they say in pool (or billiards), Rack 'em Up!!!

*** And be sure to not get them (YC) confused with PYC days, as this (PYC) is my reference to the YellowCat underlying pattern. The YC days are the hardest pull for that day of the calendar, as to the 4 possible 'sigs" of mine [YC/BC/BFT/ZIP].

Here is the KEY-

For KEY 2022, back up to January 23 post/calendar

Wear that lifejacket!!!
It helps to insulate you, in addition to keeping you afloat!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14650529 03/05/23 09:29 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] March 2023 (3-5-23 Sun. Early AM):

OOPS! I somehow had January noted last month, but it should have been February for last month. Guess I need more sleep or need to proofread even though time is an issue.

Whew! Already March & hard to believe 2023 is already 2 months gone.

Briefs on Ukraine, wife Elena, daughter Helen, and here at home-

Helen has learned to survive the hardships encountered, due to Putin's war (takeover attempt of Ukraine).

Elena applied & is waiting on her second 6 month visa application in Egypt to be approved. It is already heating up, so she & Katya may have missed their window for visiting the Sphinx & Pyramids of Giza. It seems thsat the time to visit is between November & February, as it can get up to 140 F there during the summer.

We (6 of the family here) went Saturday to my Grandmother's gravesite & scattered some of Mom's ashes there, up the road about 10 to 15 minutes from Running Branch Marina, now called Liberty Rock RV Park & Marina. We met some relatives there & came back to Old Union & ate lunch there at one place ("Old Union Eats"), which is just off the north end of the lake, on the FM road that has a bridge running across Lake Limestone about a third (or quarter) of the way from the top of the lake. It seems the new owners of Running Brach have kept the RB sign (as is) at the turnoff off of FM 937 at LCR 740 as is, as well as the RB sign on the marina store. It looks like the lake is about 4 feet low. We swung off of FM 937 the 2 miles to the RB store, so I could get the latest prices on camping & catch up on things. I even picked up a new Lake Limestone free BRA map while there. Plus I got some info as to Darrell (the previous owner that became like family). Sadly, last August, Nancy passed away. The family here (includes me) might get together this Spring for a trip. I checked the big boat out last weekend, to see if I could resurrect the new battery I installed back in March/April 2021. Lo & behold, I was surprised that it still cranked the motor. But I charged it for the afternoon, even though I did not crank it on up, as I would have had to go get the fuel tank & see if it might still have a good gas mix to fire on up. I might do that later today, after a little shuteye.

Meanwhile, my son-in-law Eric, my grandson Willan, and Troy (Eric's stepbrother) are just down the road upstream at the Tee (T) on the Navasota River fishing & camping (mainly camping). They have Eric & Kristina's used 10 foot flat bottom & my new (December 2017) flat bottom using paddles. OOPS! I had thought about checking for the drain plug Friday evening, but forgot. As Troy hopped in as they launched it, it was realized it was not in there. So Kristina came down to get the plug to take to them (only 1.5 miles down the road). I had taken it off in 2018 & could not find it. So we stole the one off of the big MonArk 14' flat bottom (my cousin's boat) for now. I did buy one at the RM store & need to get some more spares. I had planned to make this trip (to Hogan Cemetary) already, so I missed out on this camping & fishing run. They also took a few of my throwlines, leaders with hooks, and weights, along with a few extra paddles. Hopefully we might do another trip here near home before it gets too hot. If they bring any fish back, I think they will come my way.

In case you did not know, Eric & Kristina (my daughter) were my early fishing partners at RB from 2002 thru December 2007. My granddaughter Chelsea came along in 2008, so my uncle James became my new fishing partner. Why is that signiicant? Well, in 2011 (the summer), the drought hit, and after T-Day in the Porta-Bote & me falling out, I wound up in the hospital for two days n January 2012 due to heart problems. Within a year, my uncle followed with his heart problems. In 2013 I was able to do a little more fishing, but still with limited access in my sister's 12 foot Porta-Bote. And in 2014 too, briefly. I finally got the 12 foot flat bottom in December 2017 & was determined. So I rigged up a special luggage rack & platform to carry it on my 1990 Geo Metro. My last trip on 5-5-2018 I encountered "The Giant" as I was about to pull my lines. My uncle had gotten the "family" van from Eric & Kristina & in 2018 or 2019, he got a trailer hitch installed so we could start up fishing again with the 14 footer. Sadly, I wound up in the hospital again but this time for 9 days in December 2019. In mid-January 2019, my uncle left us due to a blood clot that came out of his leg & lodged in his lungs. I bought the 2004 Chrysler Town & Country (family) van from my cousn Jamey. My hopes are that I at least get to haul the big boat once again to take a shot at "The Giant", in hopes of the spirit of my fishing partner (uncle James), seeing as he found a way to get us back there. I finally fixed the van a few weekends ago, as it was running very bad at 10 MPG. I replaced the ambient temperature sensor, the upstream oxygen sensor, and found #4 cylinder to be dead (as to firing), so I got a new coil pak. Now it is running smooth once again and extremely better gas mileage (affordable). And after the tax refund came in, I got 4 new tires. So I am getting there. Remember, all good things require time. Endurance is the KEY.

I have finally gathered some of the recent fishing mags that I have not shared catfish articles on yet, including one on the use of sonar assistance changing fishing figures. I may get enough time to post briefs in the month of March.

Back to your catfishing ...

Here's your calendar for March 2023

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MARCH 2023
XX / XX / XX | 1 YC | 2 YC | 3 ZIP | 4 BC
5 BFT | 6 BFT | 7 BFT | 8 BC | 9 BC | 10 YC | 11 BFT
12 BFT | 13 ZIP | 14 ZIP | 15 BC | 16 BC | 17 BFT | 18 BFT
19 BFT | 20 BFT | 21 ZIP | 22 ZIP | 23 ZIP | 24 BC | 25 ZIP
26 ZIP | 27 ZIP | 28 YC | 29 YC | 30 ZIP | 31 ZIP

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- March 2023 Moon Phases---
7th- Full Moon
14th- Last Qtr
21st- New Moon
28th- 1st Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- March 2023 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- 1/2 Wed/Thurs
2nd Week- 10/11 Fri/Sat
3rd Week- 12 Sun
4th Week- 19/20 Sun/Mon
5th Week- 28/29 Tues/Wed

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- March 2023 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- 1/2 Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- 10 Fri
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- 28/29 Tues/Wed

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- March 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 4 Sat
2nd Week- 8/9 Wed/Thurs
3rd Week- 15/16 Wed/Thurs
4th Week- 24 Fri
5th Week- NONE

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- March 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 5/67/11 Sun/Mon/Tues/Sat
3rd Week- 12/17/18 Sun/Fri/Sat
4th Week- 19/20 Sun/Mon
5th Week- NONE

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into April 2023...
next PYC days- 6/7/8 Thurs/Fri/Sat
next YC days- 7/8 Fri/Sat
next BC days- 2/4/5/6/9 Sun/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sun
next BFT days- 3/13/14 Mon/Thurs/Fri

Special Notes ...

For KEY 2022, back up to January 2023 post/calendar.

Wear that lifejacket!!!
It seems now that TPW is pushing this issue to prevent drowning!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14657083 03/11/23 06:12 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar Preview weekend fishing dates (3-11-23)---

April 2023-
6/7/8/9 Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun BC/YC/YC/BC [PYC- BC/YC/YC]
13/14/15/16 Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun BFT/BFT/YC/YC [PYC- YC/YC]

May 2023-
4/5/6/7 Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun YC/YC/BC/BC [PYC- YC/YC/BC]
11/12/13/14 Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun BFT/BFT/YC/YC [PYC days- YC/YC]

I may finally get to do some catfishing again. It has not occurred since 2018, back on May 5th (Cinco de Mayo), as I was checking my two trotlines, just before pulling them. Wind factors interferred in that two month slot I had available.

But on that faithful (or fateful) day, as I was checking one there at Lake Limestone, just out of Running Branch Marina, I first grabbed the line & soon realized I had a fair estimate of a 15 pounder tugging. But as I went further, I felt a bigger tug. My estimate now was it was a 30 pounder. I was grinning even more. But a littl;e further, I had to even alter that guess. It seems I had at least a 60 pounder, as I was about halfway or so running the trotline. But then just before I got there, within a leader, something clicked, as this thing gave a tug that snapped me into reality. This was bigger than a 60 pounder. It was at that moment, I looked around. And suddenly I realized, I just might be in big danger. I realized I was at a spot where the trail of "The Giant" is located, as I know the turns & direction of it. My sudden "click" realized that just below the boat was a danger I had not thought of. Even though I had set the line out in its patch in one area, I had not heard from the "old boy" in quite awhile. But a new danger presented itself in that split lightning moment of thoughts, I was now in the 12 foot flat bottom. What's the danger in that? As I have hoisted 60 pounders in 12 footers before. But "The Giant" is not your average size, as my estimates are between 115 to 150 pounds, and I am thinking it is a male. So, I now see a danger I had not thought of, as poiwerful as this one is, he runs like a tractor, putting it in low gear & never stopping until he is gone. If he dives, he will surely turn me & the 12 footer over. Why on earth had I not thought ahead of this dilemna?

So, as I did with "Big Un" back in July 1985, I had to use precision & skill & speed to my advantage, or I was doomed to go swimming. It was that moment, I knew I had to prevent getting overturned & possibly finally land this behemoth. So I braced myself, ready to throw my weight to the other side when needed. And I got a good hold on the main line as well as I think, on the leader line also. And I gave a powerful upwards thrust. Methinks I had the big dipnet in the other hand, unless I had decided it might be too huge, which I would have to hope for the best & sling it in the boat.

I had watched "Big Un" rise to the surface back in 1985 & start running the figure "8" pattern that Yellows will sometimes use. In those split seconds, I calculated to run the dipnet from left to right scooping her in as she circled & headed to my left. It worked, my timing was spot on, as I then let her momentum thrust into the net & swung her in the net right into the center of the flat bottom boat. It worked.

However, back to the current situation, having set my logistics out in that split second, as I jerked up, "The Giant" dove, and SNAP. Luckily, I did not turn the boat over the other way, as I somehow countered the weight & thrust I had planned. It was then all of the danger & the thrill, and the summation of it all flooded my thoughts. It seems that he broke the size 36 green nylon 3 strand twist nylon leader I had. But did not snap the 4/0 SS barrel swivel (no clip), which I had on the main line (which I also used the same size 36), but the hook was gone. While I think he merely snapped the hook off the dord, he may have somehow helped to cut or fray the cord to help it snapping off like that. I have never had one snap my size 36 cord & forgot to measure the length to see how much cord might have been missing. As to the hook, I had used a few varieties & sizes, but I am thinking it may have been a size 9 or 7 Mustad SS Stump hook, triple strength, short "J" style shank. I am betting it was a size 9.

So I am mapping out in anticipation that we hope to be there at Running Branch in May, as I might get to target "The Giant" yet another time. Maybe if it does, this time I will succeed, as if it weighs over 113 pounds, I could finally up the ante on record YellowCats in Texas. Which reminds me, I better send in a new fish scale to get certified to 160 or 200 pounds (best option here to be sure).

Jeff (father) & James (son) (my two prize YellowCat & Catfish Calendar students) first encountered "The Giant" back in 2008 I think on one of their treolines one night. James is the only one to have seen portion of it one night. He said there was nothing but head in the spotlight. While waiting on Jeff to hand him the much bigger net (they finally listened to me & got this bigger one), it went under, and its tail appeared breakibng the surface. James said it's tail was at least a foot in span. Then it was gone, as I think it snapped the leader cord or swivel on the main line. It dove hard. Over the years, it has hit & been caught on my lands, but it always gets away. The closest I came was May 5th, 2018. I almost had it up at least to get an idea of its true size.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14684949 04/08/23 05:42 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] April 2023 (4--23 Sat. Early AM):

And there we go, March has swept on by & now April showers have been, well, more than just showers, I would say rain & then some.

Helen is still coping with power & such, off, and one. They had to evacuate from her building about a week ago, as an explosion occurred on the highway near her apartment building. But later the air sirens finally went off & they returned to their apartments, but lost some sleep due to the turmoil.

Elena applied & is still waiting on her second 6 month visa application in Egypt to be approved. They say sometimes it takes quite a bit of time. And, she, along with Katya & Ahmed went to Giza & saw the Sphinx, as well as the pyramids & took plenty of pictures. She had a few "experiences" while there, as well as after returning to Hurghada.

As for here, we finally decided to plan a camping & fishing trip down the road on the river for the 14th, 15th, and 16th (of April). In fact, we were planning to go set lines out on the 8th or 9th. But it looks as if we might postpone for now, as due to the rain the past 3 days, I am sure the river is all out. Cedar Creek is out of its banks for sure, heading back towards town. So if we camped, it might be in the treetops instead of on the ground. Nevertheless, we have another trip planned for the Lake (upriver) at Lake Limestone in the midst of May. As we came by Running Branch Marina Store in early March, the lake was down, to what looked like 3 to 4.5 feet low. So maybe this rain the past few days will bring it back up to at least maybe 1.5 feet low, if not to regular. If it is a GO, then I may go the weekend ahead to set out the mainlines so they will be ready for us to get started when the camping weekend takes place.

So what does that mean? Yes, the boats are getting ready, or should I say being made ready for sea-faring once again. I got new stickers & boat cards for the following two boats. I am installing night lights on my AlumaCraft 12 foot flat bottom & will have the Cuda 300 fish finder on it I have it set up to attach & detach easily. I pulled my sister's 12 foot Porta-Bote (semi-V) fold-up vinyl boat out if its compartment. It has been in storage folded up since about 1014 I think. Yes, it was very stiff. I advised my sister that the keel (vinyl folding portion) was starting to crack. Sure enough, by the time I spread it out to clip the 3 seats in, there are 3 creases in thet vinyl keel. Two completely split & the third is about 1/2 to 2/3rds split. So I had to think, how can I repair this, and possibly maintain it to fold up. I got a roll of 14" x 10 feet of galvanized flashing. I cut two sections out to bolt to the 3 portions of the vinyl part of the keel with SS screws, nuts, and washers, with one sheet on the outside & another on the inside. Then I used two tubes of silcone to seal up a squared "U" on the back side. I have another two tubes to silicone the inside portion. It also has a plywood keel with brackets on each side Anyway, the rain started & I have not been able to finish it up yet. The Porta-Bote will have a 1 gallon bucket with some water in it, to put the transponder in it it. And I may make up a board to bolt into one of the oarlock holes. I may set up some sort of strap for the Harbor Freight Tools (HFT) Portable Fish Finder. As for the big boat (my cousin's 14' MonArk flat bottom), I have a few touch up items including repairing the new 2021 PVC roof frame. It has a Cuda 68 Fish Finder already set up. I just have to renew the trailer tags, as the boat card & stickers are good thru the end of Junem, as I got them in 2021 thinking I was going to get going again by that fall.

And of course you realize what I hope to target. Yep, "The Giant". Time to tango once again & maybe finally land him. That's the plan!!!

And of course, I am getting the tackle ready, be it for down the road, or to the lake. I even have "The GIANT" trotline ready with size 96 main line with leaders ranging from size 75 to 96 cord.

Here's your calendar for April 2023

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- APRIL 2023
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX / XX / | 1 ZIP
2 BC | 3 FT | 4 BC | 5 BC | 6 BC | 7 YC | 8 YC
9 BC | 10 ZIP | 11 BC | 12 BC | 13 BFT | 14 BFT | 15 YC
16 YC | 17 ZIP | 18 ZIP | 19 ZIP | 20 ZIP | 21 ZIP | 22 ZIP
23 ZIP | 24 YC | 25 YC | 26 YC | 27 ZIP | 28 ZIP | 29 BC
30 BC
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- April 2023 Moon Phases---
8th- Full Moon
13th- Last Qtr
20th- New Moon
27th- 1st Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- April 2023 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 6/7/8 Thurs/Fri/Sat
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 16/17 Sun/Mon
5th Week- 25/26 Tues/Wed
6th Week- NONE

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- April 2023 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 7/8 Fri/Sat
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 16 Sun
5th Week- 24/25/26 Mon/Tues/Wed
6th Week- NONE

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- April 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 2/4/5/6 Sun/Tues/Wed/Thurs
3rd Week- 9/11/12 Sun/Tues/Wed
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- 29 Sat
6th Week- 30 Sun

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- April 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 3 Mon
3rd Week- 13/14 Thurs/Fri
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- NONE
6th Week- NONE

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into May 2023...
next PYC days- 4/5/6 Thurs/Fri/Sat & 13/14 Sat/Sun
next YC days- 4/5 Thurs/Fri & 13/14 Sat/Sun
next BC days- 1/2/3 Mon/Tuers/Wed & 6/7 Sat/Sun & 9 Tues
next BFT days- 8 Mon & 10/11/12 Wed/Thurs/Fri

Special Notes ...

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2022 KEY:
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Gator Gars (GG) run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack ‘em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC or PYC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCat’s Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.
Tip- For better luck on ZIP days, try a stimulant (not natural) type bait, such as stink/punch/dough.
Tip- In my experiences, it seems ChannelCats (CC) bite best for me, on BFT days.

Be Safe!!!
Wear that lifejacket!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14706075 04/30/23 03:07 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] May 2023 (4-30-23 Sun AM):

SURPRISE! SURPRISE! I figured I better slip this in now, as I may not have time this week.

And there we go, WOOSH!!! April has rained right thru, rather stormy. Here, we are above normal on rainfall. But above normal for bad weather though. Let's hope it tones down a little for May, as we finally have set up a family camping & fishing trip at Lake Limestone. Yep, you guessed it, "The Giant" is back on my radar as May 15th is Lynn's Catfish Calendar's designated YellowCat Day of the year. Well, we won't be there on Monday the 15th, unless I catch it over the weekend of 12th thru 14th. I may take a holiday one day celebration. Currently working on leaders with size 36 green 3 strand twist & some at about 70+ tarred 3 strand twist (the tarred is courtesy of a fellow TFFer). "The Giant" trotline consists of green size 96 mylon 3 strand twist. It is set with my style for SW (Shallow Water) trotlines & is for a total of 36 hooks. Speaking of hooks, they range sorta up there in size. I may even use the two shark hooks which are about the length of my palm. I even have a few large hooks from 2 fellow TFFers. I plan to arrange the 36 hooks & record it, so I know which hook catches "The Giant". Plans are to set out the main lines of two trotlines (one has a main line of green size 36 twisted which has had no problemn for 60 pounders). Both will be in SW (Shallow Water). Anyways, plans are to set the 2 main lines out on Sunday 7th, so they will be ready for arrival Friday afternoon to add leaders with hooks & bait on Friday the 12th. It will be a BFT (12th), and YC for 13th & 14th (Sat & Sun). The 13th & 14th are also PYC days and is a two day PYC run, so you know I already planned this out big time. So with both, that will be 72 hooks worth. That leaves me with 28 hooks available out of the 100 allowed. An assortment of bait will be used such as chicken breast & Bar S wieners soaked in Dead Red, as well as some soaked in Catfish Nectar. Then there's some soap I got back in 2016 to 2018 thereabouts from a fellow TFFer. I hope it is still good. Then there is perch, minnows, and goldfish. And whatnot from castnet. I may even try some shad. In case you did not know, it seems shad has never caught anything for me. I am working on leaders & hooks today, then the big boat & cranking the motor for the big boat since April 2021. Battery still has a charge. New mix of BM gas though for the 25 HP & check things over, as well as finish new 2021 roof frame.

We had a little excursion for a one nighter at Lake Bryan on the 15th & 16th. The storm did not bring rain until blew just past us. But the winds came & it was cold by midnight and into the 40s that night. No setlines allowed in the Lake, so that is one reason I don't fish there. I had 5 cane poles set out in Rod-n-Reel holders along the bank where our campsite was. I caught a total of 3 dinks. However, after some 1+ hour work on my sister's Johnson 3.5 HP motor, I finally got it going. I took my two grandkids (ages 20.9 & 15.7) out for a spin Saturday evening. Then I took my granddaughter (age 15.7) out across & back of the bottom of the lake on the boat ramp side. Last time out was Cinco de Mayo, 2018 in my last encounter with "The Giant" out of Running Branch. So the needle was stuck in the seat. It is fun, as to the angle & getting the needle nose pliers to get it back in. Hopefully that has not happened with the big boat motor since running it a little in April 2021. I also got to test my new keel redo on my sister's 2001 Porta-Bote. I used 14" high galvanized flashing, on both side of the thinner vinyl that was scored in 3 places & split on the scores due to age. And siliconed it quite well. Along with strategic SS screws, nuts, washers & rubber washers (also siliconed). It was OK until I got in the boat & sat on the back seat facing out the back. I put my right foot towards the corner & it started leaking a little, so I need to add a little more silicone. I may not be able to fold it up, but if it works, it works. This 12 footer went for about $1000 in 2002 & has a 10 year warranty & weighs less than 50 pounds. It holds up to 4 people & up to a 7 HP motor (470 or 470+ as to weight). My sister said herewhile back said they were up to about $2000 (not sure if that was the 12' or 14'). It has been twenty Plus years, and many items have gotten on up in price.

I was hoping to have all 4 boats on this trip- 14' MonArk wide aluminum flat bottom with 25 HP Evinrude (both my cousin Karen's), 12' AlumaCraft aluminum flat bottom (mine) with 3.5 HP Johnson (my sister Jo's), 12' Porta-Bote (my sister Jo's), and 10' aluminum flat bottom (Eric & Kristina's, son-in-law & daughter). I am the "Keeper of the Boats", except for E&K's. We shall see. We may not take the 10 footer.

Even though RB was sold & is now something like Liberty Rock, the RB signs are still up, on the store & the sign on LCR # 740 as yu turn off FM 937.

Helen is OK. Still studying crypto currency. Luckily, the past missile attacks in the past few days has not hit near her, but there was one in the last month on the highway near her apartment building.

Elena is still waiting on her second 6 month visa application in Egypt to be approved, from back in February. She just moved into a new (she is the first tenant) in an apartment, which is yet in another hotel. It seems they build hotels, then rent some out as apartments there. She just moved in last Sunday. She can see out of this one from a window as to the Red Sea & the sunrise. And she has access to the top of the hotel to watch the sunset. And here, it is shallow so you can wade out into the sea for a bit at only waist deep. Anyway, she loves it & due to her friends Olga & Ala, she got it for $300 a month & only $200 deposit. I am not complaining at all. Her friends that took her to see the Pyramids & Sphinx, have moved to Alexandria, which is about 40 miles from where she originally stayed when she arrived in Egypt.

Here on the homefront, of course I am focused on getting ready for camping & fishing. But after that, then I will be working at home doing many things, including finishing Mom's new room. And I guess making a protective room for the Porta-Bote to keep it out ofd the sun. Then there is roof repairs. And so on. If'n I catch the "Giant", I guess it is finally time to write that book on the Catfish Calendar & YellowCats, and how I rig my setlines up, as well as boats. And I have a feeling we might set lines on the river down the road from us, just to keep in practice, don'tcha know.

Here is your MD (Memorial Day) Outlook:
25/->26/27/28/29<-/30
Thurs/->Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon<-/Tues
ZIP/->BC/BC/BC/ZIP<-/ZIP

Here's your calendar for May 2023

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- MAY 2023
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
XX / 1 BC | 2 BC | 3 BC | 4 YC | 5 YC | 6 BC
7 BC | 8 BFT | 9 BC | 10 BFT | 11 BFT | 12 BFT | 13 YC
14 YC | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 ZIP | 18 ZIP | 19 ZIP | 20 ZIP
21 BFT | 22 YC | 23 YC | 24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 BC | 27 BC
28 BC | 29 ZIP | 30 ZIP | 31 YC

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- May 2023 Moon Phases---
5th- Full Moon
12th- Last Qtr
19th- New Moon
27th- First Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- May 2023 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- 4/5/6 Thurs/Fri/Sat
2nd Week- 13 Sat
3rd Week- 14 Sun
4th Week- 22/23 Mon/Tues
5th Week- 31 Wed

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- May 2023 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- 4/5 Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- 13 Sat
3rd Week- 14 Sun
4th Week- 22/23 Mon/Tues
5th Week- 31 Wed

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- May 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 1/2/3/4 Mon/Tues/Wed/Sat
2nd Week- 7/9 Sun/Tues
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 26/27 Fri/Sat
5th Week- 28 Sun

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- May 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 8/10/11/12 Mon/Wed/Thurs/Fri
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 21 Sun
5th Week- NONE

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into June 2023...
next PYC days- (31)/1/2 (Wed)/Thurs/Fri
next YC days- (31)/1/2 (Wed)/Thurs/Fri
next BC days- 3/4 Sat/Sun
next BFT days- 5/6/7/8 Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs

Special Notes ...

For KEY 2022, back up to April 2023 post/calendar.

Be Safe!!!
Wear that lifejacket!!!
I will be!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14738845 06/03/23 11:27 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] June 2023 (6-3-23 Sat PM):

Whew!!! Talk about GO! GO! GO! It has been a month or so of running & less sleep.

And May had its fair share of rain. As you know, a "Giant" camp/fish trip was in the works at RB (Liberty Rock) for Mothers Day weekend. Here is how it went down. My cousin Jimmy & I took my cousin's big boat out to RB at Lake Limestone. I definitely wanted the 14 foot Mon Ark for boating the Giant if caught. However, we headed out on Sunday May 7th to go set out the two trotlines & several juglines ahead of our trip (12th thru 14th). As we were heading out to where the Giant's path is, I fgelt the 25 HP Evinrude feeling awful wearm. I realized the water pump was not working, so I killed it. We paddled over & due to a slight (fair) wind, I determined which side to start setting out my size 96 corded main line. It had 36 hooks, two beads on each side of the 6/0 barrell SS swivels with a trotline brad on each side. Sectioned into 4 portions of 9 hooks each. I had to add a little extra to the mainline to attach to the designated tree. Just on the other side was where I first encountered the Giant, as he took me for a brief ride as he cruised thru taking my bait and sliding the leader until it hit a knot. He bent a 6/0 SS Mustad hook in that episode. I knew it had to have been the one that Jeff & James had encountered earlier. James got to see its head & tail as it waved goodbye before taking their hook & leader.

We did not ut the leaders with hooks on this excursion, as that was planned for Friday 12th of the actual trip.I had 3 hooks near a smaller tree, just before tying up the second end with a single slip knot, so I put smaller hooks for those 3 in case something got them tangle below. But the rest (33 hooks), I used a rotating assortment of "J", circular, and Tru-Turn (with a twist) ranging mostly from 9/0 & up. I may have had a few 7/0 Tru-Turns though.

Due to the water pump problem, we paddled against the fair wind further out to set the second trotline (another 36 hooks). We had to change small trees as the wind kept shifting. The 3rd time, I still had about 6 hooks left, so we had to wind it back up & attach to another small tree. We finally got thru setyting the main line only, like we did the other one. And due to the wiond, I set 4 --->>> 4 hook juglines out by holding on to the main line & tossing them out. Again, without leaders & hooks. So we had set out 88 NON-hooks so far. I decide that was it. In between triotlines, we drifted towards shore by Laguna Jack's Resort & set out two 2 hook juglines with leaders & hooks (with gummi worms. Sadly worms gone & fish gone). We pulled them back into the boat. The motor cranked up fine & we headed in slowly. It got ratyher warm & I shut it down just before the right fork went into the RB Marina Camp. We paddled in from there. We were tired, as we had been out there longer than planned due to boat motor problems & wind.

Fast forward to the trip. I got off just before lunch. I fell asleep about 10:30 PM Thursday night before getting final items loaded into the van. I was going to take the Metro to work on Friday. Sadly, I got home & it took way longer to load up everything, including the boat on top of the van, and the two tossed into the 14 foot MonArk. We had put them on Thursday evening, but I had to tie them down once I was thru filling the van up & I assure you, the van was full. I managed to get pon the road just after 3:30 PM & was at Running Branch about 4:45 PM. Since it was so late, I decided to dump (pull off) the two boats out/off of the 14 footer. And then proceeded to empty the van, as I was paying for the cabin & I was fuilling it up. The next clan did not pull in until about 6:30 PM. The 3rd group was not coming until close to lunch on Saturday & had the cabin next to us.

It was after 8 PM, as I had put on my sister's Johnson 3.5 HP motor which I had finally gotten running at Bryan Utilities Lake in April. As Willan & I got the MonArk off the trailer, I could crank the motor. Guess what? Yes, about dark around 8:30 PM me, my daughter Kristina, and my granddaughter Chelsea paddle all the way out to the lines. WQe put the leaders & big hooks on the Giant trotline as well as the first bag of perch, plus most of the bag of goldfish. Due to the thickness of the line, it was tuff to get them thru the swivewls with a burnt end. Sadly I failed to get extra non-live bait before we left, so we only had 7 goldfish left over. I put the leaders & hooks on, and put the goldfish on but spacing them out. We decided not to worry about the 4 juglines at all. It was just after midnight & we called to let the others know we were paddling back. They had just, or were about through grilling the hamburgers (24 patties). We got back & I think most everybody ate two as we were starving. Well, some decioded it was time to leave the R-n-Rs alone & head in for sleep. Meanwhile, Kristina stayed up with me from 2 AM to about 3:30 AM putting up the 19'x19' blue tarp & 5 poles next to & in front of our cabin, in case of rain.

This old boy was tuckered out from all of everything. I slept until just after 9 AM. I got up & decided I would tinker with the boat motor to see if I could get it running. But I was a little sick at my stomach. Then I was very lightheaded & dizzy. My vision was bright & blurry. Obviously my BP was very low, possibly like one readng before or after the trip, as one side was about 60 something over 36, I decided to hold off checking lines until I felt & could see better. My sister & Jimmy had finally made it & she was going to make sandwiches. I think I went into the cabin with the door still open, to get the mayo. I bent down & that is all she wrote. I passed out and fell with a thud. I probably regained my senses in 2 seconds & was flat on my back. I had hit the card able on the way down. I came out & asked Jo if she had heard the thud & told her I had passed out. About 3:30 PM, the whole clan told me to go back to bed. So I slept until they called me out for supper (about 9 PM or so. We ate grilled boneless pork chops, grilled baked potatoes & grilled sausage. Sadly by then, it was sprinkling off & on & lightning here & there lighting up the skies. We stayed up, but it continued. So, due to the distance in paddling, lightning was a hazard to anybody in the boat. Depending on wind, it took about 30 to 45 minutes to paddle out to "The Giant" trotline.

So we hoped to get out just after 6 AM Sunday. But then at 6 PM, the weather noted it would jump to 60%. And yes, it surely did, as it poured. Then we had high winds. So, to make a sad story worse, I got skunked, as we could not even get back out to the lines as it continued off & on. Had the lightning & thunder quit, I had ponchos. After our storm ordeal in November 2003 & a few other cases, I had decided not to endanger my crew due to bad weather. Without a motor, you could not move fast enough to get out of lightning possibilities. We all loaded up with Jimmy staying to help me pack down & tie the boats plus put the MonArk back on the trailer & take down the tarp. At least one thing was commented on the trip, the tarp really made it nice, regardless of all of the other stuff.

Jimmy & I went back Sunday 21st & guess what? Yep, we paddled all the way out, retrieved both trotlines & the 4 juglines. No fish, no dead fish, but got all my hardware. 2023 scoreboard--- The Giant: 1 / Lynn: 0 Perhaps later in the year.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping for redemption, as they say, the 3rd time is a charm. We live on the outskirts of the county downriver from Lake Limestone, so he river is only 1.5 miles down the road. We plan to try & fish in June & July. And just maybe, I'll finally catch some fish.

On our way back home Mother's Day, it tried 3 times to clear up, but again, lightning, thunder, and rain returned each time, so it was just a no win situation.

OH, they decided to leave it as Running Branch Marina & Campground, but is owned by Liberty Rock out of Pennsylvania. They hope to get the cafe/grill back up soon, as the December freeze storm busted water pipes everywhere. Idf you look it up on the net, it is under Liberty Rock, but you may also find it under Running Branch. They said it was too confusing to folks as to the reason of keeping the original name.

Helen is OK. But Kiev is being attacked much more lately. Last Sunday there was an earthquake of about 3.4 but it was not an earthquake, but a drone attack. I guess the shockwave made it feel like a quake.

Elena is still waiting on the visa from February submittal. Egypt had a big sandstorm Friday, and from what the news stated, it hit Cairo. The Saturday PM CBS World News just said the first Lady visited the pyramids & Sphinx. Hopefully that was today.

Here on the homefront, recovering over the loss of sleep & trying to get things organized (fishing gear) for the days ahead.

Hope you are faring much better than me as to catfishing ...

Here's your calendar for May 2023

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JUNE 2023
XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 YC | 2 YC | 3 BC
4 BC | 5 BFT | 6 BFT | 7 BFT | 8 BFT | 9 YC | 10 YC
11 ZIP | 12 ZIP | 13 BC | 14 BC | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 ZIP
18 BFT | 19 BFT | 20 ZIP | 21 ZIP | 22 ZIP | 23 BC | 24 BC
25 ZIP | 26 ZIP | 27 ZIP | 28 BFT | 29 BFT | 30 BC

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- June 2023 Moon Phases---
3rd- Full Moon
10th- Last Qtr
18th- New Moon
26th- 1st Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- June 2023 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- (31)/1/2 (Wed)/Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- 9/10 Fri/Sat
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 18/19 Sun/Mon
5th Week- 27/28/29

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- June 2023 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- (31)/1/2 (Wed)/Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- 9/10 Fri/Sat
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- NONE

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- June 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 3 Sat
2nd Week- 4 Sun
4th Week- 23/24 Fri/Sat
5th Week- 30 BC

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- June 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 5/6/7/8 Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 18/19 Sun/Mon
5th Week- 28/29 Wed/Thurs

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into July 2023...
next PYC days- 6/7 Thurs/Fri
next YC days- 4/5/6/7 Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri
next BC days- 1/10/11/12 Sat/Mon/Tues/Wed
next BFT days- 2/3 Sun/Mon

July 4th Holiday OutLook:
PYC- (27/28/29) ZIP/BFT/BFT
BC- (30)/1 Fri/Sat
BFT- 2/3 Sun/Mon
YC- 4/5/6/7 Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri
[of which PYC are on 6/7 Thurs/Fri)

Special Notes ...

For KEY 2022, back up to April 2023 post/calendar.

Be Safe!!!
Wear that lifejacket!!!
We did!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14747254 06/12/23 05:06 PM
Q
QuirkyCarp2000 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Q
How do you like the Running Branch Marina at Limestone?

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14766352 07/02/23 03:14 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
My apologies for the late response. I like Running Branch because it is not out on the main lake which can be treacherous if high winds are running, especially from the north in winter. Running Branch Marina is tucked inside on the west side of the lake at the furthermost tip of what is the Running Branch fork. In actuality, the little creek coming into the Marina camgrounds is not RB. As you go under the bridge it veers to the left, at the buoy, it widens, but is shallow in the center. The actual creek- Running Branch, comes in on that side to your right. But you may not be able to go too far up in it. In fact, you will drive over RB creek on LCR 740 as you come off of FM 937.

I like it, as the journey from the campgrounds out to the border (a row of No Wake Zone buoys) takes about 15 minutes because you have to putt-putt thru it (I think of that as chill time), before you can throttle up once you cross the "border". When the lake is very low (by about 3.5 feet), it may become a chore to maneuver a bigger boat out thru that shallow wide area. If you are a YellowCat fisherman, there are plenty in the No Wake Zone. One 90 pounder was caught by one lady back in 2004 to 2006. Two of my YellowCat students & also of the catfish calendar, first experienced "The Giant" (in 2008 I think), but got two 62 pounders & a slew of others from 40 pounds. I have gotten a 57 pounder & plenty of others here, and have tangoed with "The Giant" many times (last time was May 5th, 2018). Plus there are plenty of Blues & Channels in here too. But I like it in winter, as the north winds are not as bad as on the main lake. You cannot beat the taste of the Blues from Lake Limestone, as well as the Channels. My problem in May (on our recent Mother's Day trip) was that the water pump went out on the 25 HP Evinrude. So after getting back from setting out two main lines of trotlines, at home I took it off to work on it later due to funds being low & put on my sister's Johnson 3.5 HP as we were mainly going to fish for "The Giant" right there in the No wake Zone. But then for some odd reason, the Johnson would not start, even though I had gotten it running fine at Bryan Utilities Lake in April. I was tinkering with it the other day & got it cranked (screaming), but it would not stay running which spells carburetor problems. That was my focus- "The Giant" (as to timing of the calendar). Had the 25 HP Evinrude been running, we would have set juglines out just before & in the Near Corner as the fork enters the bottom of the lake. Blues have been caught here, ranging from 30 to 40 pounders (and Yellows too of the same size), just inside the "Near Corner & by the water pumping station there as the fork meets the bottom of the lake. I used to set my "Planter" trotlines across to the other side ("Far Corner") as for one & one near the dam. But that is winter fishing mainly & has to be when the wind is not bad. I once got stranded out there one Turkey Day trip and barely got off the main lake intact. The prop was slipping (might have been 2004) on the 25 HP & I had the 3.5 HP set on the side for back up. But due to the 3 & 4 feet waves, it kept dying out on me. Once I got out of the wind, I adjusted the carburetor & was able to get on back just fine, as I was out of the wind, including coming back up the Running Branch fork.

Anyway, Running Branch was sold, by Darrell & Nancy, due to several factors. Nancy was not in good health. And sadly, she passed away last year after they had sold it. Liberty Rock who now owns it, sent one to manage it at first, but did not do too well. The two ladies who basically ran it, got another manager & they decided to leave it as Running Branch. But you can make reservations thru the Liberty Rock website (if you cancel, there is a non-refundable fee) or just call to reserve (if cancelled, you do not have to pay a fee like the website) a camping spot. The boat ramp fee only is $10.00 and it is peaceful & much more like family here, compared to some places. It still is not bad, as we have been here several times when it was booked solid since July 2002. There are those who live there at the back side of the campgrounds or acreage. When we were there in mid-May, the lake was full. And of course it rained fairly heavy the Sunday we were pulling out. So I would say that it should still be easy to run big boats out of the campground. There have been several groups that would camp at RB, but trailer up to the north end of the lake at the bridge there, to do their fishing. Anyway, they are trying to get things back on track there. On my T-Day trip of 2011 during the drought, the lake was 10 feet low. I camped at RB, then drove to the dam (Ranger's & BRA station on the west side) with my sister's 12 foot Porta-Bote & toted it out on wheels almost (what felt like) a quarter mile & launched from there. The two lake rangers & game wardens were having to drive a tractor out into the lake to get to water (it had a rock bottom where they were, in order to launch their boats.

I hope that helps.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14766354 07/02/23 03:22 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] July 2023 (7-1-23 Sat PM):

All I can say is, it has still been non-stop here. Except that the temperature has risen considerably. Let's hope we don't get cooked like last year.

I'm still hoping for some kind of redemption, as they say, the 3rd time is a charm. We live on the outskirts of the county downriver from Lake Limestone, so he river is only 1.5 miles down the road. We plan to try & fish in June & July. And just maybe, I'll finally catch some fish. We managed to get a few lines set out. This holiday, we finally get a shot to fish come Monday PM & Tuesday AM (3rd & 4th). And yes, it will be a Full Moon. We plan to camp out very briefly (more or less a place to stretch the legs out or take a breather). Basically it will be a minimum of camping due to the current excessive heat and of course trying to catch fish. Now I recall why I quit fishing in the summer (from Memorial Day thru mid-October. It's just too dang hot!

Helen is OK surviving, studying crypto-currency. Kiev is still being hit by rockets. So far, not in her area, which is just West-Northwest of Kiev (an outer suburb).

Elena was told on either the 10th or 11th that she had to leave Egypt for a day (about 24 hours), then come back to get her next visa, as she has been there about a year. It seems this is regular practice. Naturally, money was tight & a friend loaned her the money for the plane ticket to Istanbul, Turkey & back (about $235 to $250 round trip). We already paid them back. She left early one morning that week, then flew back in the early the next morning & was given the first airport visa for 25 days (just like in June 2022). Her 2nd apartment was right by the sea, but very stuffy & she was not getting good sleep, plus always had a sore throat (could be due to the salty air). So the following week (around the 21st thru 23rd), she found another one in a villa (large 4 or 5 story house with 11 apartments). The first apartment was $250, the 2nd was $300, and now, this one is $235 a month. She has become good friends with the landlady who also lives in one of the apartments there and is from Moscow. Elena has made many new friends since leaving Kiev, be it in the country of Georgia & now in various places of Egypt. This villa is about 5 to 7 minutes away from the Red Sea, but she is sleeping much better now.

Here on the homefront, I just got rid of an upright freezer, and hope to empty the old chest freezer here in the week or so. That way, I can trim down electricity to run some air conditioning in the "Complex" here. It used to be 3 of us handling the electric bill, then my fishing buddy (my uncle) left us right after I got out of the hospital a few years back. Then Mom also checked out January 2nd. So I have had to whittle down things to keep this summer's electricity affordable.

Hope you are faring much better than me as to catfishing and staying cool ...

Here's your calendar for July 2023

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- JULY 2023
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX / XX / 1 BC
2 BFT/ 3 BFT/ 4 YC/ 5 YC/ 6 YC/ 7 YC/ 8 ZIP
9 ZIP/ 10 BC / 11 BC/ 12 BC/ 13 ZIP/ 14 ZIP/ 15 BFT
16 BFT/ 17 BFT/ 18 ZIP/ 19 ZIP/ 20 BC/ 21 BC/ 22 BC
23 ZIP/ 24 ZIP/ 25 BFT/ 26 BFT/ 27 ZIP/ 28 ZIP/ 29 BFT
30 BFT/ 31 YC
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- July 2023 Moon Phases---
3rd- Full Moon
9th- Last Qtr
17th- New Moon
25th- 1st Qtr

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- July 2023 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 6/7 Thurs/Fri
3rd Week- 15 Sat
4th Week- 16 Sun
5th Week- 24/25/26 Mon/Tues/Wed
6th Week- NONE

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- July 2023 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 4/5/6/7 Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- NONE
6th Week- 31 Mon

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- July 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 1 Sat
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 10/11/12 Mon/Tues/Wed
4th Week- 20/21/22 Thurs/Fri/Sat
5th Week- NONE
6th Week- NONE

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- July 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 2/3 Sun/Mon
3rd Week- 15 Sat
4th Week- 16/17 Son/Mon
5th Week- 25/26/29 Tues/Wed/Sat
6th Week- 30 Sun

+++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into August 2023 ...
next PYC days- 2/3 Wed/Thurs & 11/12 Fri/Sat
next YC days- 1/2/3 Tues/Wed/Thurs & 11/12/13 Fri/Sat/Sun
next BC days- 4 Fri & 7/8 Mon/Tues
next BFT days- 21/22/23 Mon/Tues/Wed & 27 Sun

Special Notes ...

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- 2022/2023 KEY:
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack 'em up on BC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCat's Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.

Be Safe!!!
Wear that lifejacket!!!
We will be!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14766361 07/02/23 03:45 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
I forgot to add that I bought a package of Haribo gummy bears (sour) at Krogers Friday evening just in case we do any fishing, which I was told Friday AM by my daughter Kristina that we were sometime during the 4 day holiday. I will write down & share the "specs" on the gummy bears if they work on the river Monday evening & Tuesday morning during the Full Moon.

I think I still have some of the sour gummy crawlers from 2018. All the new ones from the two Lake trips were devoured by me, not the fish, as those two bags were fresh (not 5 years old).

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14801270 08/06/23 01:37 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] August 2023 (7-1-23 Sat PM):

Whew!!! Here we go again with the heat, but the new term is not global warming, it is global boiling. I just came from the utility room. And sweating fairly well. We are two days away here in B-CS to tying the record set of consecutive days in the triple digits back in 1998. 3 days & it will be 2023 holding the record. 2022 was 2nd or 3rd I think. I recall that summer (1998), as an Academy member over by Lake Somerville donated a big used 110 volt AC to me as we had one or two go out due to the heat. It was able to cool two rooms.

Well, the 3rd time (July 3rd PM thru 4th AM was not a charm! We had fun, but got roasted. We had something big hit the lower trotline. Not sure if it was a very large Gator Gar or a big Yellow. It pulled 3 leaders & hooks together & bent out a 7/0 or so circle hook. It was near a dead tree over towards the bank. It was definitely way too hot to fish though. Even though it was the river, here & there the water almost looked rancid. We camped at a turn in the river, where the low bank was when it rises & cuts straight thru. There was even a little hole next to us where several swam in & some waded. Sadly, I got heat exhaustion & got dehydrated. I went to work the following day (the 5th), but was very weak & my blood pressure was so low, the high number was in the 60s & the low number was in the 30s. After about 30 minutes, being very light headed, I decided & Richard conferred that I go sit down. So I punched out. I finally felt better about 1.5 hours later. I decided best to call it a day, go home & rest & get rehydrated & stop taking anything to lower blood pressure, to help raise it. I lost 8 pounds in less than 20 hours to give you an idea of how much water I lost. I made up my time on Saturday. Much better on Thursday, for sure. But still weakened from the ordeal. We did bring a few cats home, so I cleaned them & they are in the freezer. If the cats did not eat the gunmmy worms or bears, then they melted in the hotter than normal water.

So I must say, if you're gonna fish in this heat, take precautions. Not only do you want to stay hydrated, but you also need to be aware of over hydrating to compensate. In the news was one lady who drank 4 bottles of 16.9 ounces in 20 minutes & died shortly after due to water intoxication. So you might want to check into that to prevent either extreme- too little or too much.

Helen finally sold her apartment in Bucha, but moved into another one in the same building. A drone came near their building. I think it was Wednesday. But they shot it down before it could do any damage. She now realizes that the war is definitely not over.

Elena is doing fine in Egypt except now electricity & water go on & off at her villa. Her washing machine went out this evening, as there was a big boom & smoke. Someone came to look & said it burned up while she was washing towels. If the water is out, sometimes she & the landlady would go swimming in the pool about 11 PM.

Here on the homefront, fishing gear is still scattered everywhere. There just is no time. Like a roller coaster, there are twists & turns and such each & every day this month. My sister & niece decided to sell their house in town. Sold it they did, but the buyer wanted them out the day of closing (August 1st). So it was a mad scramble to put items in storage & get them out. Then they moved the closing to July 31st. They ordered a new mobile home, so needed a place to stay in the meanwhile. Guess where I have put my sister, niece, niece's daughter, and nephew's daughter? In Mom's unfinished new Hoveround friendly room. It was a mad dash to get it ready enough for them to move in last Sunday (30th). By far, still not completed. I have two window units in there, as they are used to cooler inside temps. My nephew is in the front room in the trailer (mobile home) portion I am in currently. And Jo found out Thursday their mobile home is on back order to sometime in September, as the manufacturer had a show & sold all available of that particular model, so they have to build more.

My cousin Jamey was down last weekend staying with cousin Jimmy. Sadly, his wife just passed on the weekend before. He is hoping we get to finally do some fishing in October, if it cools down some. He will be working on a motor for his boat. Let us hope for cooler weather before then. Currently here in the library, at the keyboard, it is 90 F. Trying to conserve electricity. I think presently, there are 5 window units running here in the "Complex".

Fun, fun, fun, what can you say!

But I sure hope you are faring much better than me as to catfishing and staying cool ...

Here's your calendar for August 2023

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- AUGUST 2023
XX / XX | 1 YC | 2 YC | 3 YC | 4 BC | 5 ZIP
6 ZIP | 7 BC | 8 BC | 9 ZIP | 10 ZIP | 11 YC | 12 YC
13 YC | 14 ZIP | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP | 17 ZIP | 18 ZIP | 19 ZIP
20 ZIP | 21 BFT | 22 BFT | 23 BFT | 24 ZIP | 25 ZIP | 26 BC
27 BFT | 28 YC | 29 YC | 30 YC | 31 YC
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- August 2023 Moon Phases---
1st- Full Moon
8th- Last Qtr
16th- New Moon
24th- 1st Qtr
30th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- August 2023 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- 2/3 Wed/Thurs
2nd Week- 11/12 Fri/Sat
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 20/21/22 Sun/Mon/Tues
5th Week- 30/31 Wed/Thurs

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- August 2023 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- 1/2/3 Tues/Wed/Thurs
2nd Week- 11/12 Fri/Sat
3rd Week- 13 Sun
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- 28/29/30/31 Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- August 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 4 Fri
2nd Week- 7/8 Mon/Tues
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 26 Sat
5th Week- NONE

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- August 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 21/22/23 Mon/Tues/Wed
5th Week- 27 Sun

+++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into Sepember 2023 ...
next PYC days- 8/9 Sat/Sun
next YC days- 8/9 Sat/Sun
next BC days- 1/2/3/4 Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon
next BFT days- 18/19 Mon/Tues

Special Notes ...

for the KEY, back up to July.

Be Safe!!!
Wear that lifejacket!!!
And keep water handy!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14830965 09/06/23 04:52 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] September 2023 (9-5-23 Tues PM):

What can I say! The heat continues. Since being a child back in the 1960s, I do not ever recall such hot summers here in Central Texas like we have had the past 2 years. And we thought 1998 was smoking. Back during the July 4th trip down the road at the river, I do not recall ever seeing the water looking so rancid, as it was back on July 3rd & 4th. They were talking about a ghost coral reef off of Florida, in that due to the 100 degree waters, it is turning the colored coral to a ghost white. I did not check the water temp on that trip, but it definitely was not cool or lukewarm.

Helen is doing OK in her new apartment & looking to start some kind of business to bring in income once again. She sold her apartment, but moved to another apartment to rent, for now, in Bucha.

Elena is still waiting on her visa & says during the day, most of Egypt stays inside due to the heat. But come night time, everybody is out & about.

Here on the homefront, fishing gear is still scattered mostly on the Knight's Round Table in the foyer area. Too hot to mess with out there during the day or in the evenings. Full house here, as the relatives moved in while waiting on their new mobile home to come in. It got backordered. My cousin who lost his wife recently, is thinking about finally taking time to go fishing. This is October & if it ever gets cooler. So we will see.

Here's your calendar for September 2023

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- SEPTEMBER 2023
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX | 1 BC | 2 BC
3 BC | 4 BC | 5 ZIP | 6 ZIP | 7 ZIP | 8 YC | 9 YC
10 ZIP | 11 ZIP | 12 ZIP | 13 ZIP | 14 ZIP | 15 ZIP | 16 ZIP
17 ZIP | 18 BFT | 19 BFT | 20 ZIP | 21 ZIP | 22 BC | 23 BC
24 BFT | 25 BFT | 26 YC | 27 YC | 28 BC | 29 BC | 30 BFT

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- September 2023 Moon Phases---
6th- Last Qtr
14th- New Moon
22nd- 1st Qtr
29th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- September 2023 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 8/9 Fri/Sat
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 17/18/19 Sun/Mon/Tues
5th Week- 26/27 Tues/Wed

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- September 2023 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 8/9 Fri/Sat
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- 26/27 Tues/Wed

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- September 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 1/2 Fri/Sat
2nd Week- 3/4 Sun/Mon
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 22/23 Fri/Sat
5th Week- 28/29 Thurs/Fri

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- September 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 18/19 Mon/Tues
5th Week- 24/25/30 Sun/Mon/Sat

+++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into October 2023 ...
next PYC days- 5/6 Thurs/Fri
next YC days- 5/6 Thurs/Fri
next BC days- 10/11 Tues/Wed
next BFT days- 1/2 Sun/Mon

Special Notes ...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack 'em up on BC days.
Tip- My PYC Days keys in on the YellowCat's Feed/Roam Days Underlying Pattern.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Drink a fair amount-
Speaking of water!

Wear that life jacket,
it won't work just lying around in the boat!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14859269 10/07/23 11:30 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] October 2023 (10-7-23 Sat. AM):

Helen is doing OK & trying to go into some sort of sales, as top people's needs there due to the war.

Elena is still waiting on her visa. It seems about the time you get it, it is time to apply for the next temporary one.

Here at the homefront, finaly its getting cooler. Everything is still very dry. Possible camp & fish trip the weekend before T-Day holiday weekend. More details in November Calendar.

Trouble elsewhere- It seems Israel & Hamas are after it again, as of today, as a friend of Elena's in Israel wrote her of the scary situation. This may lead up to the Ukrainian prophecy that a bloody ruler named Vladimer calls for the destruction of Israel. Hmm, I wonder who that might be??? Putin of course.

Here's your calendar for October 2023

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- OCTOBER 2023
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 BFT | 2 BFT | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP | 5 YC | 6 YC | 7 ZIP
8 ZIP | 9 ZIP | 10 BC | 11 BC | 12 ZIP | 13 ZIP | 14 ZIP
15 BC | 16 BC | 17 ZIP | 18 ZIP | 19 BC | 20 BC | 21 BC
22 BFT | 23 BFT | 24 YC | 25 YC | 26 BC | 27 BC | 28 BFT
29 BFT | 30 BC | 31 BC

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- October 2023 Moon Phases---
6th- Last Qtr
14th- New Moon
21st- 1st Qtr
28th- Full Moon

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- October 2023 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- 5/6 Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- 14 Sat
3rd Week- 15/16 Sun/Mon
4th Week- 24/25 Tues/Wed
5th Week- NONE

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- October 2023 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- 5/6 Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 24/25 Tues/Wed
5th Week- NONE

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- October 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 10/11 Tues/Wed
3rd Week- 15/16/19/20/21 Sun/Mon/Thurs/Fri/Sat
4th Week- 26/27 Thurs/Fri
5th Week- 30/31 Mon/Tues

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- October 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- 1/2 Sun/Mon
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 22/23/28 Sun/Mon/Sat
5th Week- 29 Sun
+++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into November 2023 ...
next PYC days- 2/3 Thurs/Fri
next YC days- 1/2/3 Wed/Thurs/Fri
next BC days- 6/7/8/11 Mon/Tues/Wed/Sat
next BFT days- 18/19 Sat/Sun

Turkey Day November 2023 Overview ...
From Thursday 16th thru Thursday 30th-
16-BC-Thurs
17-BC-Fri
18-BFT-Sat
19-BFT-Sun
20-YC/[PYC]-Mon
21-YC/[PYC]-Tues
22-ZIP-Wed
23-ZIP-Thurs (T-DAY)
24-BFT-Fri
25-BFT-Sat
26-BC-Sun
27-BC-Mon
28-BC-Tues
29-YC/[PYC]-Wed
30-YC/[PYC]-Thurs

Special Notes ...

For the KEY, back up to September.

Watch for stumps!
It wouldn't hurt to have the Lifejacket on
in case you are airborne!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] 2023 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #14895085 11/11/23 03:50 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC] November 2023 (11-11-23 Sat. AM):

Late Greetings! I had to move family members last weekend & had to work late at the shop this week trying to get jobs completed. Have a Safe Veteran's Day! Keep those in mind for their sacrifice!

Helen is doing OK & about a week ago, had to head down to the bomb shelter for part of the night.

Elena seemed to catch a new virus running around Hurghada, but is better. Naturally, she is still waiting on her visa.

Here at the homefront, the family finally got their new mobile home in about October 6th/7th. But took until November 3rd to have it set up for them to be able to "camp out" that night in it. So, last weekend was on the "move" shall we say. Whew! Their front deck is really high, as are its stairs. With railing attached, there was no shoving up on the deck from the side. Second rain currently chance thru the weekend or so. I have not heard the latest on the camp & fish trip next weekend ((17th-19th) weekend. I may have to do work around here, as I am way behind in projects. Eric & Troy got a new 3.5 HP and will try it out. More details in December Calendar. And work has been non-stop at the cabinet door shop.

Here's your calendar for November 2023

Lynn’s Catfish Calendar [LCC]- NOVEMBER 2023
XX / XX / XX | 1 YC | 2 YC | 3 YC | 4 ZIP
5 ZIP | 6 BC | 7 BC | 8 BC | 9 ZIP | 10 ZIP | 11 BC
12 BC | 13 ZIP | 14 ZIP | 15 ZIP | 16 BC | 17 BC | 18 BFT
19 BFT | 20 YC | 21 YC | 22 ZIP | 23 ZIP | 24 BFT | 25 BFT
26 BC | 27 BC | 28 BC | 29 YC | 30 YC

CURRENT MONTH---
Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2023 Moon Phases---
Last Qtr- 5th
New Moon- 13th
1st Qtr- 20th
Full Moon- 27th

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2023 Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days (separate from the Calendar)---
1st Week- 2/3 Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- 11 Sat
3rd Week- 12/13 Sun/Mon
4th Week- 20/21 Mon/Tues
5th Week- 29/30 Wed/Thurs

Lynn's Catfish Calendar [LCC]- November 2023 Lynn's YC (YellowCat) Days (as to the Calendar)---
1st Week- 1/2/3 Wed/Thurs/Fri
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- NONE
4th Week- 20/21 Mon/Tues
5th Week- 29/30 Wed/Thurs

EXTRA--- Targeted BC (BlueCat) days- November 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- 6/7/8/11 Mon/Tues/Wed/Sat
3rd Week- 12/16/17 Sun/Thurs/Fri
4th Week- NONE
5th Week- 26/27/28 Sun/Mon/Tues

EXTRA EXTRA--- Targeted BFT (Buffet) days-- November 2023, by each week, as to the Calendar:
1st Week- NONE
2nd Week- NONE
3rd Week- 18 Sat
4th Week- 19/24/25 Sun/Fri/Sat
5th Week- NONE
+++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++

--->>>Here are a few glimpses ahead into December 2023 ...
next PYC days- 8/9/10 Fri/Sat/Sun
next YC days- 17/18 Sun/Mon
next BC days- 3/4/5 Sun/Mon/Tues
next BFT days- 8/9 Fri/Sat

Christmas thru New Years Day December 2023 Overview ...
From Thursday 21st thru January 1st-

21- BC/ Thurs
22- BC/ Fri
23- BFT/ Sat
24- BC/ Sun
25- BC/ Mon
26- YC/ Tues [also PYC day]
27- YC/ Wed [also PYC day]
28- BC/ Thurs
29- BC/ Fri
30- ZIP/ Sat
31- BC/ Sun
01- BC/ Mon

Special Notes ...

For the KEY, back up to September.

Happy Holy-Days!!!
Be Safe!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide