Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 #9620277 01/05/14 05:46 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Well, here we go, time for a whole New Year. 2014 has come in with a cold & crisp bang. Yep, the almanacs were predicting it was to be a lot colder, especially up north. Tonight's news said many places in the upper USA will be below Zero for at least 90 hours straight. Some are even looking for NFL games to be like the famous "Ice Bowl".

Backing up, if you have never heard of my Catfish Calendar, then I suggest you might get a little background info & work your way forward. But you don't have to do that to start using the current calendar right now.
You'll want the links for the previous years:
2010 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5176857/1>
2011 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5657988/1>
2012 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/7059981/1>
2013 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/8477517/1>
2014 <http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/9620277/1>

Lynn's Catfish Calendar (LCC) has had a printed hard copy available since 2009 (excluding 2012 due to medical reasons). 2011 also had available the printed pocket mini-calendar. The 2013 edition also had not only the hard copy & the mini-calendars, but also 2 Flat size wall calendars (in color or B/W), so you could see all 12 months right before your very eyes. You can always PM me or e-me on the side if you have a question <hlynnh@peoplepc.com>

However, I discovered something in 1980 & 1981. I decided to test my theory & mapped out plans in 1982 to test my calendar from 1983-1986. I succeeded & have used the calendar since 1983. OK, I did a little prelim in 1982 as well. Life got a little bumpy & I did what I could, when I could. However, things came together once again in 2002 at Running Branch Marina & Campground on Lake Limestone. From 2002 to current, this has been phase 2 of the Calendar, as to lakes & such.

Special Note to all those on the Calendar Crew. Due to email issues I am trying to work out, the 4th Quarter for 2013 did not hit the E-way. And I hope to have it fixed by mid-January to get the 1st Quarter back on track.

Each year I try to tweak the Calendar by at least one notch. The Flats were it last year. For 2014, I will be incorporating the PYC days into the printed copies. These are Lynn's Primary YellowCat Days. However, I doubt if I can get that into the RTF calendar versions which I share here on the TFF. So I will still list them, along with the moon phases below the calendar. The printed calendars are also collectibles & numbered. And if you missed a year or so, we can always get reprints done for you.

To simplify it, I have 4 standard phases for the Catfish Calendar. The type listed that day, is the one that supersedes all the others for that 24 hour segment. However, there is a constant underlying YC pattern which sometimes is hidden in the background. So, by giving you those PYC days, it ups your chances even more on YellowCats. Also, last year, in the KEY, you will see I added another tip at the bottom. Jeff (now deceased) & James [my two prize catfish calendar students] reported this to be fairly consistent in their working the calendar with set lines.

Here is your Lynn's Catfish Calendar for January 2014:

Lynns Catfish Calendar- January 2014
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XX / XX / XX / 1 ZIP | 2 ZIP | 3 BC | 4 BFT
5 YC | 6 YC | 7 ZIP | 8 ZIP | 9 BC | 10 BC | 11 BC
12 BC | 13 BC | 14 YC | 15 YC | 16 YC | 17 BC | 18 BC
19 BC | 20 BC | 21 BC | 22 ZIP | 23 ZIP | 24 BFT | 25 BFT
26 ZIP | 27 ZIP | 28 ZIP | 29 ZIP | 30 BC | 31 BC
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days for January 2014-
5/6 (Sun/Mon)
14/15/16 (Tues/Wed/Thurs)
24/28 (Fri/Sat)

Moon Phases for January 2014-
1st- New Moon
7th- 1st Qtr
15th- Full Moon
24th- Last Qtr
30th- New Moon

Have a safe month!!!
And Keep Warm!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9625877 01/07/14 02:56 AM
G
gar1970 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
G
thank you so much lynn!by the way i need a new one

https://www.Jiglyf.com

TEXAS ELITE ANGLER
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9629074 01/08/14 07:55 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Still working on the main one. Naturally had a week off work (paid), as the boss decided to close the cabinet shop between Christmas & re-open after New Years Day. Had many projects lined up, only to get sick with the plague on the 28th. So, running behind.

I might note that January & February definitely have ample BC days, for anybody who wants to hit it hard for Blues. And as some of us say, February is considered Big BlueCat Month.

1st good run on BC is January 9th thru 13th (Thurs-Mon). 2nd is 17th thru 21st(Thurs-Tues).

Looking ahead in February is 5th thru 7th (Wed-Fri) & especially 25th thru 28th (Tues-Fri). And there is a good mix from 10th thru 17th (Mon-Mon) of YC/YC/YC/BC/BC/BFT/BFT/BFT (in that order).

Well, gotta run (I mean sleep)!
Touch base with you soon!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9629992 01/08/14 06:17 PM
C
Crappie Bait Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Can you explain the calendar, looks french to me. Thanks

Church of Christ
One God - One Faith - One Church - One Doctrine - One Mind
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9632032 01/09/14 07:22 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Hi Crappie Bait,

Simply put, my Catfish Calendar narrows it down to 4 specific types of days. They are YC, BC, BFT, and ZIP. YC is YellowCat. BC is BlueCat. BFT is Buffet. And ZIP, well that sorta hints that it does not look good. In my early years, I found that Yellows seem to have a distinct pasttern in what I call their "roam-feed" circuit. While studying out patterns of the Yellows, I also found some patterns of Blues. Buffet is akin to getting a variety. Usually for me, I tend to catch a lot of Channels. I did not study Channels, so someone else would have to research that. ZIP usually means nothing. You may have a lot of bites or missing bait or simply that nothing touches the bait.

In order to understand it better, all fish have a "roam-feed" circuit. Compared to us humans, it means they have a clockwork like we do, in a sense for feeding.

I also use a numbers game to explain it from another angle. The calendar applies to the "norm", which covers about 66% (2/3) to 75% (3/4). In comparison to people, you might say those that follow the standard working day. The other 25% (1/4) to 33% (1/3) run a "rogue" pattern. As to people, you might say those that work the night shift & those who work the Midnight shift. But by utilizing the calendar & keying in on it, you increase your chances & volume.

For more info, I suggest you start at my Intro letter in the starting 2010 thread & work your way up to present. And I forgot to post the calendar KEY for those not familiar with it.

I will tell you this though. When I first came on the TFF, I had a lot who thought it was just a bunch of bunk or hoakie. However, a lot of them now realize otherwise. It is only when a person utilizes the calendar, takes notes & keep records, that they start to see the patterns revealed & their volumes increase. As time goes on, they learn to "work" the calendar to their advantage.

For example, one jugfisherman after several rounds with using the calendar, started getting nicknamed by his neighbors (due him & his partner's increased catfish catches). One trip resulted to where they actually had to build a ramp to get their big ice chest of fillets off their truck when they got home.

Here's the KEY. Actually, I added 2 more tips last year, not just 1.

Lynns Catfish Calendar- KEY:
YC = YellowCat // BC = BlueCat // BFT = Buffet (assorted) // ZIP = Zip (not very good)
Tip- Always bait out lines the night before a YC or BC day.
Tip- Gator Gars run ahead of YellowCats, so bait out late (between 11 PM to 1 AM).
Tip- BlueCats also bite good on YC days, but you can rack em up on BC days.
Tip- Some variations or alterations are due to weather or other external influences.
Tip- For Rod-n-Reelers, use Solunar Tables (etc.) also for best times with my calendar.
Tip- Near Full Moon, Gator Gars & YellowCats seem to feed a few hours later.
Tip- Your biggest YellowCats may hit best towards beginning & end of YC days.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9635653 01/10/14 04:58 PM
O
O' Crappie Day Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
O
I am new to the TFF and I am IMPRESSED!!! This information is amazing. I will be reviewing the older calendars and definitely taking notes on my own fishing days from now on. #iBELIEVE

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Faith makes things possible, not easy.. Take the bait.
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: O' Crappie Day] #9637819 01/11/14 09:09 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
O' Crappie Day,

Thanks for the positive note! Many do not know that since my catfishing changed in 1981-1982, I realized something had changed. Looking over my observations & notes, I mapped a plan out for 1983 to prove my theory one way or the other. I found I had stumbled into patterns on the YellowCats. And as I implemented the first Calendar research, I also discovered patterns of the BlueCats as well. In the midst, I discovered that Gator Gars also run patterns very close to the YellowCats. Now some Gator Gar Fishermen use it towards that angle of discovery. A few years back, my boss & another co-worker were trying to key in on Crappie to see if we could somehow tap into that as well. We did find a little bit as to our observations, but I was unable to spare enough time to investigate Crappie thoroughly.

I do note that my main research & observations were geared towards YellowCats, BlueGats, and Gator Gars. I did not pursue ChannelCats, WhiteCats, or MudCats (Bullheads). So someone else will have to take that project on.

I was also priveleged to learn from 2 YellowCat fishermen and everything they had learned. Each had their own perspectives & overlaps too. One passed away in the late 1980s (Newt), while the other just passed away in 2012 (Olen). Olen was tickled pink about my discovery & we had hoped to get together so I could show him how the calendar works. Many have known I used a special system to which I referred to as "the calendar", but I finally shared a mass of information on Yellows & the Catfish Calendar to 3 catfisherman who fished out of Running Branch on Lake Limestone. They were Elvin, Jeff & James. Jeff (father) & James (son) had never caught an YellowCats. Not sure as to Elvin. Between the 3 of them, they caught 4 Yellows within the first 30 days using everything I shared. That 4th one made a believer out of them, as that Op weighed 62.4#. Sadly, Elvin developed serious back problems & was not able to pursue fishing anymore. Jeff & James became my prize Catfish Calendar & YellowCat students. Their catches enabled me to gain even further research & observation into the calendar than just by myself. From time to time we would review new findings, or confirmation of previous ones. Sadly, Jeff & his 2nd wife were brutally murdered in the Fall of 2011. It was a sad blow to us all. But James, his new wife & step-kids have taken up the reins of catfishing.

Towards the end of 2011 & the beginning of 2012, I had serious medical issues with catastrophic high blood pressure, enlared heart, atrial fibrillation, and pumping capacity of about 25% (to name a few). So there was no "printed" versions of the calendar that year (2012). It had already affected me back in November 2011, I just did not realize it. I fell out of my sister's Porta-Bote on Thanksgiving Day 2011. And I was so weak & could not understand why I was so exhausted. One family at Lake Limestone rescued me. I had my lifejacket on, keeping one hand on the Porta-Bote, so I would have been OK, but it would have been a lot longer before making landfall.

From my angle, the Catfish Calendar increases your volume as to Yellows, Blues & also Gator Gars. In these days of getting your money's worth or stretching your dollar, it only makes sense to get the most out of what you are doing. Surely most do not go fishing singing to the tune of "I want to catch less fish today."

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9705009 02/04/14 06:16 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
WOW! Can't believe 1 month has already flown by for 2014. Expect more cold weather for this month. It ain't over with yet. And still trying to iron out the problem with the Calendar Crew email issue. There just does not ever seem to be enough time for everything.

Here's your February 2014 Lynn's Catfish Calendar. I'm still working on the hard copy & flats set-up.

Lynns Catfish Calendar- February 2014
Sunday / Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday / Saturday
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XX / XX / XX / XX / XX / XX / | 1 BFT
2 YC | 3 ZIP | 4 ZIP | 5 BC | 6 BC | 7 BC | 8 ZIP
9 ZIP | 10 YC | 11 YC | 12 YC | 13 BC | 14 BC | 15 BFT
16 BFT | 17 BFT | 18 ZIP | 19 ZIP | 20 BFT | 21 BFT | 22 ZIP
23 ZIP | 24 ZIP | 25 BC | 26 BC | 27 BC | 28 BC
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lynn's PYC (Prime YellowCat) Days for February 2014-
1/2 (Sat/Sun)
10/11/12 (Mon/Tues/Wed)
20/21 (Thurs/Fri)

Moon Phases for February 2014-
6th- 1st Qtr
14th- Full Moon
22nd- Last Qtr

Note only 3 phases for this month. Wonder what they refer to that as? When they have 2 full moons in a month, the extra one is referred to as a Blue Moon.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2014 Lynn's PYC Commentary (1-26-14):

Due to the secondary stage of research at Running Branch on Lake Limestone, along with feedback from my Jeff & James, I realized there are two levels working as to my Catfish Calendar that I discovered in the early 1980s. Only in the past few years have I shared what I first called the Hidden YellowCat Days, the underlying pattern of the majority of the YellowCats (& Gator Gars I can presume as well).

For those who still do not believe even in the remote possibility of such patterns, I will share some recent research findings. As you know, birds & larger birds (such as ducks & geese) follow seasonal & even flight patterns. In related recent findings using satellite imagery (photography), it was shown that groups of cattle feed in a north/south (or south/north) pattern. In other words, they were not feeding sporadically, but somehow following an ingrained magnetic influence.

New research I came across this past week also indicates why a dog circles (sometimes for awhile) before taking a poop. It seems the findings are conclusive. The dog is aligning to a north/south (or south/north) position. Once that alignment is locked in, they carry out there business (unless of course they are abruptly interrupted).

However, should the magnetic poles of our planet be alterred, just think of the disarray in wildlife as an example. I must admit that recent indications reveal that our magnetic poles are shifting, at least wobbling currently. Everything will have to adjust, if the poles are alterred. But for a short duration, there may be a slot of chaos involved. And you have to wonder, could it affect us as well, as our brains are electrical & can be influenced by certain magnetic influences.

As you know, there was a lot of recent hype as to the Mayan 2012 calendar that told of this cycle coming to an end. Many interpreted it as possible world destruction. But that is not what the Mayans were trying to convey. It was that we are coming to the end of one cycle & beginning another. However, as we know, change is not always smoothe. Sometimes it gets a little bumpy in the transition. And it was not only the Mayans, but several other cultures that also revealed something changing around 2012. Did you know that the smaller Queen's pyramids (3 on the side of the Great Pyramid [Khufu] & the 3 on the side of the smaller pyramid [Menkaure]) when using star chart programs (utilizing the 3 Giza Pyramids in comparison with the 3 belt stars of Orion referred to as the OCT or Orion Correlation Theory) have culminations at a minimum of circa 10,460 BC (BCE) to a maximum of circa 2500 AD (CE). 3 major intersections are at 9700 BC (BCE), 3980 BC (BCE), and 2012 AD (CE). So the Egyptians also left us another bookmark for 2012. The Chinese did as well, but I have not had time to research that angle yet. Should you wish to check into this (you know, kick back & read/learn a little more about your world while out there catfishing waiting on a bite), look into Scott Creighton's (engineer) (& Gary Osborn's) book- 'The Giza Prophecy' [2012] and Robert Bauval's (& Adrian Gilbert's) book- 'The Orion Mystery' [1994]. Also, recent science findings indicates we are presently going thru a highly charged portion of our galaxy & it may affect us, but as to how, it is unknown. Maybe the Mayans & Egyptians were given a few clues long ago. You may not think this paragraph is related, but read on.

The reason I bring this up, is that the 2013 Catfish Calendar was a little odder than normal. Sometimes, when things are very erratic, I might have to adjust according to my 30+ years of experience with the Catfish Calendar. But the 2014 was even more so. Due to this, it has taken me more time to correlate & finalize the 2014 Catfish Calendar than any previous year. It is as if something is shifting or changing in the background. Normally what I now am calling the PYC or Prime YellowCat Days would be on YC or BFT days. But in 2014, there are also plenty that hit on not only BC days, but ZIP days as well. Plus the normal 2/2/3 & repeat pattern skipped a beat for 2014. I butted heads trying to figure that one out. I had to concede that something shifted somewhere, even though I could not pinpoint the culprit or catalyst. So, I want you to know, that as I watch & observe patterns, I also realize when the patterns are shifting or changing, that definitely means something is going on at deeper levels or in the background. So you can see why I have been delayed in compiling the hard copy & flats.

Meanwhile, better keep that winter gear on for a tad bit more ...

Safe & Warm CatFishing!!!

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9705750 02/04/14 03:58 PM
T
tako1972 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Catfish Lynn , when was the last time you caught a Flathead? You catch them in the cold weather ? I would love to learn how!

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9708124 02/05/14 05:44 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Hi tako1972,

Last two Flatheads (YC) or Ops caught was when I was fishing back in April & May. Largest of the 2 was 25,4 (25 pounds, 4 ounces). It was on a trotline near where "the Giant" runs her/his path. The smaller one was around 15 pounds or so on a jugline. "The Giant" hit two spots on the trotline the last night into the next morning just before pulling my lines. I was testing my strength & endurance after my Heart & Extreme High Blood Pressure ordeal (Nov 2011 thru Jan 2012). Doctor gave me a very upbeat report the last week I was fishing & said she prescribes me to keep on fishing. Right after that though, my car gave me problems thru the summer until I finally fixed the culprit in September. Of course the lake was too low again.

Yes, I catch them in cold weather too, if I'm fishing. I shoot for them according to the calendar. I hear a lot that you can't catch them in the winter. I'm not one to subscribe to that. I can catch them year 'round. Thinking back, some of the best YC catches came during a cold night.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9711211 02/06/14 03:59 AM
S
snowyriver6 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
what does the calender look like for february

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9711224 02/06/14 04:02 AM
S
snowyriver6 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
what does the calender look like for february

Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9711679 02/06/14 01:53 PM
T
Texas Brave Ranger13 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T

Greg L. Holland
TAMU
Currently Fish Lake Belton, Texas
Disabled Army Veteran
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9714734 02/07/14 06:36 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
As you know, some of us refer to February as Big Blue month. Not saying you can't catch them in others or as well. But sometimes it seems to ring true.

Snowy, I see your question already has been answered with the 2014 Calendar TFF base URL (Web-dress).

A 3 day BC run ends Fri 7th, but could lap over into Sat AM (8th). A 3 day YC run is Mon 10th thru 12th Wed (Jeff & James usually had their biggest YC caught on the first & last of 3 day runs), then 2 day BC, followed by a 3 day BFT run. And remember that the Blues also hit good on YC days.

The 2 day BFT run on 20/21 Thurs/Fri are also the Hidden YC days (now called Lynn's PYC aka Prime YellowCat days). Next is the 4 day BC run ending 2-28 (Fri).

A partial peek ahead:
And going into ... --->>> March (HEADS UP, here is a prelim look), Sat/Sun (1/1) are BFT (Buffet), but again are also PYC days. The 9/10/11 is a 3 day PYC, even though the Calendar lists them as ZIP/YC/YC. And BC specific days are 5/6/13/14/17/18/24/25 in case you want to mark your calendar ahead of time.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: Lynn's Catfish Calendar 2014 [Re: Catfish Lynn] #9718038 02/08/14 06:26 AM
S
snowyriver6 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
Well the calendar says they aint biting today , I guess I'll have to go find out

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide