Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Rail strike [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14546477 11/25/22 10:31 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
So if they go on strike does that stop coal shipments to power plants?

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Rail strike [Re: lconn4] #14546567 11/26/22 12:26 AM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by lconn4

unless the president or congress step in it will

Re: Rail strike [Re: Sawhorse] #14546577 11/26/22 12:48 AM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Can trains be pulled?

Yes. But mainly, they are run.

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Rail strike [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14546589 11/26/22 01:05 AM
D
deerfeeder Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
When I was in the Border Patrol, we had two guys transfer in from Arizona (each from a different station out there), that the first thing they did within a couple of weeks was try to set up a union chapter at the station. Both of them were as worthless as teats on a boar hog. Thankfully, nobody bought into it. One of them was gonna be the president of the local chapter and the other one was gonna be the treasurer or something. Weren't worth warm spit, either of them.

Non Sibi Sed Patriae -- "Not for self, but for country."

Re: Rail strike [Re: lconn4] #14546607 11/26/22 01:32 AM
O
Oldrabbit Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
Originally Posted by lconn4

I would say yes it would and also stop the Crude Oil Rail shipments. Dang, the canceled Keystone pipeline would be a great thing to have if they strike.

Re: Rail strike [Re: Allison1] #14546622 11/26/22 02:04 AM
Pinkus Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I read the issue coming from a railroad worker on another boating forum, THT.

The issue is not money. It is working conditions.
They are being forced to be available 24/7 to work 12 hour shifts. He said they are missing weddings etc and get time off only when they are not called in which can be hundreds or thousands of miles from home.
The railroads have changed to only putting 2 people on a train and they are working towards one man crews. When the economy shut down and then opened back up again, they had cut jobs so they are now understaffed which forces the mandatory work hours.

Eventually trains will be unmanned. That is the direction they are heading.

It’s part of working for the railroad, those jobs pay well for a reason and it isn’t because it’s rocket science.. a lot of us work out of town and work long hours, we know what it was when we signed up for the big dollars.. No sympathy, if you don’t like your job, QUIT and find another, don’t be a Nancy throwing a tempur tantrum with a strike trying to get your way.

Re: Rail strike [Re: skeeter175] #14546641 11/26/22 02:42 AM
T
Tsunami_1 Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Online Happy
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by skeeter175
Well I am not lazy,work harder than most of yall,vote hard right,dont even know where my union book is,and while it pisses me off to see some lazy worthless POS make the same money as I am while not even trying to work,they still serve a purpose and are only as good as the people in them.
So while I agree some unions suck,(mostly ones with unskilled laborers),I am fairly happy with the one I am in,and you can kiss my [censored].

I 100% am in line with Skeeter's comments here. What is typical in most conversations concerning Unions is the ones that speak up against it the loudest have never been a part of the union. And not to insult your intelligence but your comments show you really have no idea.

I'm not longer union but I can tell you when I was, that time in my life was without a doubt some of the hardest I have ever been pushed to perform my job at the top of my ability. Motto: 8 hours work for 8 hours pay, Perform at a high level or be replaced!

Re: Rail strike [Re: Tsunami_1] #14546750 11/26/22 11:54 AM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Tsunami_1
Well I am not lazy,work harder than most of yall,vote hard right,dont even know where my union book is,and while it pisses me off to see some lazy worthless POS make the same money as I am while not even trying to work,they still serve a purpose and are only as good as the people in them.
So while I agree some unions suck,(mostly ones with unskilled laborers),I am fairly happy with the one I am in,and you can kiss my [censored].

I 100% am in line with Skeeter's comments here. What is typical in most conversations concerning Unions is the ones that speak up against it the loudest have never been a part of the union. And not to insult your intelligence but your comments show you really have no idea.

I'm not longer union but I can tell you when I was, that time in my life was without a doubt some of the hardest I have ever been pushed to perform my job at the top of my ability. Motto: 8 hours work for 8 hours pay, Perform at a high level or be replaced!

I worked around all the trades unions, some of the folks working under union rules busted a gut working while others stood around trying to find a way out of working hard (nothing in commercial construction is easy)..
2 times unions tried to recruit me and once I went in to the hall in OKie city trying to get hired on to the devon tower. the hall in Okie city made it dam near impossible to get in and if you did there was still no guarantee of work. you wouldn't get a job there as a non union carpenter.

Re: Rail strike [Re: Pinkus] #14546876 11/26/22 03:03 PM
S
Spiderman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Pinkus
I read the issue coming from a railroad worker on another boating forum, THT.

The issue is not money. It is working conditions.
They are being forced to be available 24/7 to work 12 hour shifts. He said they are missing weddings etc and get time off only when they are not called in which can be hundreds or thousands of miles from home.
The railroads have changed to only putting 2 people on a train and they are working towards one man crews. When the economy shut down and then opened back up again, they had cut jobs so they are now understaffed which forces the mandatory work hours.

Eventually trains will be unmanned. That is the direction they are heading.

It’s part of working for the railroad, those jobs pay well for a reason and it isn’t because it’s rocket science.. a lot of us work out of town and work long hours, we know what it was when we signed up for the big dollars.. No sympathy, if you don’t like your job, QUIT and find another, don’t be a Nancy throwing a tempur tantrum with a strike trying to get your way.

I have a Friend that has driven a train for 20 years. Being responsible for a train for three days at a time and all that goes with that is a lot of responsibility.

This is about Companies minimizing the number of Company employees for maximum profits.

He works all of the time and when he is off he just sleeps and eats and goes back to work!

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: Rail strike [Re: hopalong] #14546916 11/26/22 03:56 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by Tsunami_1

I worked around all the trades unions, some of the folks working under union rules busted a gut working while others stood around trying to find a way out of working hard (nothing in commercial construction is easy)..
2 times unions tried to recruit me and once I went in to the hall in OKie city trying to get hired on to the devon tower. the hall in Okie city made it dam near impossible to get in and if you did there was still no guarantee of work. you wouldn't get a job there as a non union carpenter.

The MEP skilled trades union guys in Tulsa do a good job. For the most part they have better training and do better work than non union guys- and this is coming from a non union guy. Their pay/benefits package is probably 10% better than top non union journeyman.

Re: Rail strike [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14547203 11/26/22 08:54 PM
O
Oldrabbit Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
I have never worked in a union job but my Father and Brother did. The place my brother worked went out of business due to the last strike/walkout settlement was more than the company could pay. They tried it for several months and then at lunch time, called everyone in to let them know to take their personal belongings as they had successfully broken the company and that they no longer had a job and that they could not pay them for that week or the one before.
My dad had to go and walk the picket line when the place he worked and the union could not get a contract over $0.05 an hour. He lost 2 months pay for a nickel an hour.

My only contact was when I had to inspect equipment at an all Union Plant in Alabama. The plant I was employed at was a non-union but I was having to work at a union one. It upset the union mechanics that I was wanting to move my own ladder. They said that was maintenance work and not an inspectors job. With them doing the ladder moves I could inspect 3 to 4 vessels a day. With me doing the ladder moves I could do over 20 each day. Their union steward got involved and told the mechanics to work with me or to get out of the area I was working as there was a OSHA deadline to meet or else they would all be unemployed. It was amazing how quickly they disappeared instead of stepping up and working.
I was so glad to never step on union property again.

Re: Rail strike [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14547272 11/26/22 10:12 PM
chickenman Offline
1:28
1:28
I'm not a fan of government intervention. Let them strike. We would all suffer. The RR would change practices or hire scrubs.

[Linked Image]
Re: Rail strike [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14547286 11/26/22 10:23 PM
D
deerfeeder Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
This is not accidental. Unions depend on Democraps. Democraps depend on the unions. It is a symbiotic relationship and a strike by the unions during a normally peak shipping time is not an accident. This will provide the current powers that be to look like heroes to the public when at the fore designated time a settlement is reached due to Brandon's magical powers of persuasion. In other words, stage play, but genuine male bovine scat from sic'em to come here.

Non Sibi Sed Patriae -- "Not for self, but for country."

Re: Rail strike [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #14547290 11/26/22 10:27 PM
T
TR176 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
The ultimate goal of Unions is to eliminate right to work laws, when this happens the Champaign and political donations will flow.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide