Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: daman] #14431336 07/27/22 02:29 AM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by daman
Donnie and Monty are straight up people that said what needed to be done but were 30 years older than these kids so let’s get on the internet and destroy there life’s bunch of drunk driving cowards on here you to will be caught eventually

We didn't plant the baskets, they did... They did this... We didn't help... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431338 07/27/22 02:30 AM
H
hurtinee04 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
I could fish for weeks and not catch enough to win a tournament!

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: tmd11111] #14431339 07/27/22 02:34 AM
TripletsFish Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by tmd11111
At a minimum they need to be suspended for a few years from having a fishing license

That will teach them… NOBODY dares to fish without a license.

PB Largemouth: 6.16 - Texoma
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: INAMINUTE] #14431343 07/27/22 02:37 AM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by RDB5
... I don’t think most are suggesting cutting a break…you are using straw man arguments to make a point. I specifically said they should pay restitution, do community service, and be banned from tournaments for a period of time. For me, it’s about the punishment fitting the crime and for minors, I think a lifetime ban on tournaments and fishing license is excessive.

So you'd fish against them in a few years???... What if they won the first 2 or 3 tournaments... Would you congratulate them for their unbelievable string of good luck or mumble under your breath about once a cheater, always a cheater???... Asking for a friend.. Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431344 07/27/22 02:39 AM
O
outfishdya Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
O
We have a bunch of top rated youth hitting our Friday night tournament. I want to believe everyone is on the up and up. May need to check IDs, but I guess the other kids will know who these cheaters are. I bet these kids are playing other pots..

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: TripletsFish] #14431346 07/27/22 02:42 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by TripletsFish
Originally Posted by tmd11111
At a minimum they need to be suspended for a few years from having a fishing license

That will teach them… NOBODY dares to fish without a license.

said no illegals ever

#MFGA
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: 23Harrison] #14431354 07/27/22 02:52 AM
TripletsFish Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by 23Harrison
As a captain for my son I find this very irritating. We just finished the third year of fishing THSBA in which we have only placed once in the top 20 over the three years we have done this. I have suspected there was cheating going on and figured this scenario was possible. This undermines the trust of tournament fishing to the point of me thinking that it needs to get back to what fishing was to start with, family and friends getting together for an afternoon at the lake.

No need to drag THSBA into this. I have seen with my own eyes kids be disqualified. If something like this happened in one of their events, it would be handled swiftly (and quietly). This incident occurred in a NON-THSBA event and THSBA is not letting them fish this coming year. That should tell you something. We don’t know the kids cheated in past THSBA events, but they sure won’t get the chance in the future.

I captained in THSBA for 5 years for three different schools. We got our butts handed to us by Gainesville and Lovejoy most of the time. I told my boys, it is a loser’s mentality to assume the other teams were cheating to win - work harder.

Some kids are on the water every weekend, they know where the brush piles are, their boat captain has a ton of experience and spent big money on the latest electronics, the kids watch every YouTube video they can find about fishing, and so on. Sometimes, you can do all that and still not find the right sized fish.

PB Largemouth: 6.16 - Texoma
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: 23Harrison] #14431358 07/27/22 02:54 AM
Tim Haugh Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
How about dropping off laundry baskets at the Byron Nelson school and then at the THSBA tournaments where BN sets up?

Let's not even go there. Each school/club in the THSBA is comprised of multiple teams within that school/club, and Byron Nelson is no exception. Suggesting such nonsense towards a school team because of the actions of a couple of students, who by the way have been banned from the THSBA, is absolutely insane. Would you want some moron to do something stupid like what you are suggesting if your kid fished for Byron Nelson, but had absolutely nothing to do with what happened? No you wouldn't, so just stop being "that guy". Additionally, the THSBA will not stand for any behavior such as this from any one person or group at any of our events, and will dealt with it appropriately if needed.

I have been in contact with Byron Nelson and they are absolutely appalled and shocked at what has happened and in no way condone the actions that took place at Eagle Mountain and fully stand by the ban levied by the THSBA. Byron Nelson runs a straight up program and in no way does the THSBA hold their school/team responsible for anything pertaining to this matter.

President, Texas High School Bass Association (THSBA)
www.thsba.net
President, Collegiate Bass Trail of Texas (CBTT)
www.collegiatebasstrailoftexas.com
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: dkmore] #14431377 07/27/22 03:24 AM
T
T-Slab Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
T
This explains the laundry basket shortages in stores. Man can’t even find a basket for his soiled clothes!

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: OkAce] #14431388 07/27/22 03:56 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by OkAce
It’s hard to imagine them not prosecuting them after the things I’ve watched on lone star law. They are hardasses when it comes to petty stuff on there.

That’s TV.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Tim Haugh] #14431390 07/27/22 03:59 AM
23Harrison Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Originally Posted by Tim Haugh
How about dropping off laundry baskets at the Byron Nelson school and then at the THSBA tournaments where BN sets up?

Let's not even go there. Each school/club in the THSBA is comprised of multiple teams within that school/club, and Byron Nelson is no exception. Suggesting such nonsense towards a school team because of the actions of a couple of students, who by the way have been banned from the THSBA, is absolutely insane. Would you want some moron to do something stupid like what you are suggesting if your kid fished for Byron Nelson, but had absolutely nothing to do with what happened? No you wouldn't, so just stop being "that guy". Additionally, the THSBA will not stand for any behavior such as this from any one person or group at any of our events, and will dealt with it appropriately if needed.

I have been in contact with Byron Nelson and they are absolutely appalled and shocked at what has happened and in no way condone the actions that took place at Eagle Mountain and fully stand by the ban levied by the THSBA. Byron Nelson runs a straight up program and in no way does the THSBA hold their school/team responsible for anything pertaining to this matter.

Ok, I admit I was a bit out of line. Fishing is based upon ethics as far as my son and I are concerned. We go out of our way to follow the rules and get a bit upset when a couple do not and merely get slapped on the wrist with little accountability.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: TripletsFish] #14431392 07/27/22 04:13 AM
23Harrison Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by TripletsFish
As a captain for my son I find this very irritating. We just finished the third year of fishing THSBA in which we have only placed once in the top 20 over the three years we have done this. I have suspected there was cheating going on and figured this scenario was possible. This undermines the trust of tournament fishing to the point of me thinking that it needs to get back to what fishing was to start with, family and friends getting together for an afternoon at the lake.

No need to drag THSBA into this. I have seen with my own eyes kids be disqualified. If something like this happened in one of their events, it would be handled swiftly (and quietly). This incident occurred in a NON-THSBA event and THSBA is not letting them fish this coming year. That should tell you something. We don’t know the kids cheated in past THSBA events, but they sure won’t get the chance in the future.

I captained in THSBA for 5 years for three different schools. We got our butts handed to us by Gainesville and Lovejoy most of the time. I told my boys, it is a loser’s mentality to assume the other teams were cheating to win - work harder.

Some kids are on the water every weekend, they know where the brush piles are, their boat captain has a ton of experience and spent big money on the latest electronics, the kids watch every YouTube video they can find about fishing, and so on. Sometimes, you can do all that and still not find the right sized fish.

Oh we get our butts handed to us all the time and that is a big all. I get it, lots live for fishing. My son does as well, we just aren't able to spend all our time at every lake since my son is in advanced classes and needs to concentrate on academics. I have no ill will toward THSBA or the people that run it and my intention was not to drag them into the mess. I simply find it despicable that all the kids got was a simple ticket when in fact state law codifies their actions as misdemeanors and a possible felony. I overreacted and I apologize.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: 23Harrison] #14431395 07/27/22 04:33 AM
C
Corey25 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
A message from the BNHS Bass Fishing Team

The Byron Nelson High School Fishing Team wants it to be known that we do not condone this type of sportsmanship. These anglers made a decision that unfortunately tarnished our team and ultimately hurts the fishing community. The two student anglers are no longer a part of our team and are permanently banned from THSBA. Please know that this does not reflect our team and the student anglers. We understand everyone's frustration and have done everything we can to have their actions held accountable. We just ask you to please be considerate of other teammates that do not participate in the act of cheating and know what was done was not acceptable. We have been following this closely and have been in contact with THSBA and the EM trail but the situation is in TPWD`s hands moving forward.

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: Rescue Fire] #14431401 07/27/22 04:51 AM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Rescue Fire
It was one thing to stay out past curfew partying or maybe didn't clean my room or do the assigned chores. To try to cheat with the intent to steal money from another person or group isn't just "they're just being crazy kids". If anybody on here thinks that, I truly feel sorry for the upbringing you received or the upbringing you're giving your own kids.

Agreed --- to me , one of the biggest issues some on this forum are ignoring is intent VS mistake . I made a ton of mistakes as a teenager --most of them involved alcohol which would lead to problems . But I never intended to cheat or steal someone's money or property . One of these boy's , possibly both of them did all this with intent to cheat and steal money --- should be a big difference when dealing out consequences .
The harder the consequences , the longer the lesson will stay learned and much less chance of repeating the behavior .

Re: Cheaters on Eagle Mountain [Re: 23Harrison] #14431445 07/27/22 11:20 AM
K
Ken Starling Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
No reason to punish the remaining kids for this isolated incident. The 2 boys in question are no longer a part of the BNHS team. The event they were caught in they were not even wearing their fishing jerseys. So to start boycotting businesses because of 2 kids actions that were on a team is ridiculous.
Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Somebody is working their FB page fast. Gonna have to stay up all night deleting and deleting. I feel sad for the kids but they made their bed. Now it’s gonna be lifetime of a tainted name. Kids aren’t smart and mature enough to know the consequences of their actions. This bit them hard

Well since many don't believe they needed to be prosecuted and it appears the kids got some special treatment, maybe the school's sponsors for the teams need to be notified that we as consumers will not shop at their stores or use their services if they plan on sponsoring the team again. This may be harsh but actions do have consequences.

https://www.facebook.com/bnhsbassfishingteam/

List of sponsors from their team's facebook page:

Bill Tait State Farm Insurance
American Fire Systems
Whitetail Building Group, LLC
Dragonfly Home Inspections
Macho Self Storage
Trinity All-Stars
Kam Kartway
ELITE HP Performance
FHG FUELING
Wicked Weights