Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Now they want your yard [Re: T Bird] #14402348 06/23/22 06:01 PM
D
deucer02 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
I don't subscribe to the flat earth, hollow earth, climate change, conspiracies. The earth has always cooled and warmed. According to Live Science, urban areas cover only 3% of the earth. The climate change conspiracy is only a method for the government to impose a carbon tax, and restrict and lessen the flow of natural resources, so they can implement the "Great Change over."

Biden famously said in the New York Observer, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”
Re: Now they want your yard [Re: JRGOCARDS] #14402350 06/23/22 06:04 PM
D
Dave-0 Online Content
DYSON
Online Content
DYSON
D
Originally Posted by JRGOCARDS
I'm calling BS on this. While I have no doubt that global warming is real - I believe it's due to other things than the left keep blaming.

IMO, global warming is due to parking lots, roads and roofs. Walk across an open field and then walk across a parking lot and tell me which one was hotter!! Climb up on your roof during the afternoon and see how pleasant it is up there.

To say that your yard is a cause is just BS.

JR

100% agree. Plant life needs co2 to live just as we need oxygen to live. Think of how many 100's of thousands of acres, say just in the metroplex, have been clear cut and replaced with homes and concrete. Far side of Cleburne and watching as hundreds of acres of growing fields are bull dozed and 1000's of McMansions going up all over it, so that Jack & Diane can live within spitting distance of their neighbor. But we as a society have this grandiose ideology to keep up with the Jones and keep on building, thus depleting the resources that will greatly help reduce the global warming problem. We're just shooting ourselves in our own feet in spite of ourselves.

Laws won't fix a sin problem. What this world needs is a revival, change of the heart. ~The Skipper

Age is a number. Old is a lifestyle.
Re: Now they want your yard [Re: T Bird] #14402352 06/23/22 06:07 PM
S
Spiderman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Don’t know if this EPA statement is true,but is if it is then mowing our yard creates a lot of air pollution.

Last lawnmower I had lasted 15 years, so it probably was real efficient at burning fuel and exhaust.

“The EPA states that using a typical gas-powered lawn mower produces as much volatile organic compounds and nitrogen oxide — a powerful greenhouse gas — as driving 11 average new cars over the same timeframe. In total, according to the agency, lawn mowers account for 5% of American (non-climate) air pollution. On top of that, many lawns are cut by a gardener who visits regularly, burning gasoline on the way there and back.”

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: Now they want your yard [Re: T Bird] #14402356 06/23/22 06:12 PM
reeltexan Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity

Read the history of Earth.
It's arrogant and laughable to believe that we are going to effect the weather.

It may be changing, because........that's what weather does.

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Now they want your yard [Re: Spiderman] #14402364 06/23/22 06:20 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Don’t know if this EPA statement is true,but is if it is then mowing our yard creates a lot of air pollution.

Last lawnmower I had lasted 15 years, so it probably was real efficient at burning fuel and exhaust.

“The EPA states that using a typical gas-powered lawn mower produces as much volatile organic compounds and nitrogen oxide — a powerful greenhouse gas — as driving 11 average new cars over the same timeframe. In total, according to the agency, lawn mowers account for 5% of American (non-climate) air pollution. On top of that, many lawns are cut by a gardener who visits regularly, burning gasoline on the way there and back.”

California believes it. I think all of the equipment has to be electric at some point in the near future

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Now they want your yard [Re: TexDawg] #14402376 06/23/22 06:32 PM
V-Bottom Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TexDawg
Give me the word, and the money, and I would turn my entire yard into a rock garden

Back in the mid 60's while stationed in Camp Pendleton,Calif., I dated a girl from San Clemente. Homes were built on the hill sides and they didn't have much of a grass filled yard. They did make their yard look like the desert! Rocks,dirt,and cactus type plants etc. Looked pretty cool to me. What we don't hear anything about is the fact that All active volcano's on Earth produce more CO2 that man has ever created.

Texas Anglers Recognition Program
TPWD Official Weigh Station,77563
Coastal Bend Weigh Team, Cert. Weigh Master
USMC66'- www.troutsupport.com

Re: Now they want your yard [Re: T Bird] #14402461 06/23/22 07:28 PM
D
deerfeeder Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
I have enough deer poop in my yard to make it look like I am running sheep. Don't need fertilizer cuz the weeds will grow even bigger.

Non Sibi Sed Patriae -- "Not for self, but for country."

Re: Now they want your yard [Re: Spiderman] #14402488 06/23/22 07:39 PM
D
deucer02 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

Or about one billionth of Kerry's private jet on one trip to Iran.

Biden famously said in the New York Observer, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”
Re: Now they want your yard [Re: V-Bottom] #14402492 06/23/22 07:42 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by V-Bottom
Give me the word, and the money, and I would turn my entire yard into a rock garden

Back in the mid 60's while stationed in Camp Pendleton,Calif., I dated a girl from San Clemente. Homes were built on the hill sides and they didn't have much of a grass filled yard. They did make their yard look like the desert! Rocks,dirt,and cactus type plants etc. Looked pretty cool to me. What we don't hear anything about is the fact that All active volcano's on Earth produce more CO2 that man has ever created.

What do you mean by “dated”?

Re: Now they want your yard [Re: RickS.] #14402494 06/23/22 07:43 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by RickS.
Originally Posted by JRGOCARDS
I'm calling BS on this. While I have no doubt that global warming is real - I believe it's due to other things than the left keep blaming.

IMO, global warming is due to parking lots, roads and roofs. Walk across an open field and then walk across a parking lot and tell me which one was hotter!! Climb up on your roof during the afternoon and see how pleasant it is up there.

To say that your yard is a cause is just BS.

JR

I live in the country, work in the city. About a 30 mile difference. It definitely seems hotter in the city. Even when one watches the weather. Temps are always expected to be higher in metro areas.

concrete and asphalt are heat sinks, store a lot of heat this time of yr. since the nights don't cool off much.
same with a fresh plowed field, all that dark dirt is a big heat sink.

Re: Now they want your yard [Re: V-Bottom] #14402500 06/23/22 07:47 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg

Most of phoenix/Scottsdale and Tucson are like that

Re: Now they want your yard [Re: Monty Wright] #14402502 06/23/22 07:49 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Monty Wright

California believes it. I think all of the equipment has to be electric at some point in the near future

yep, wonder how much lawn service is gonna go up with all those fancy 80v zero turns.

they will have to carry enough to get thru the day, no stop n charge when ya be workin! roflmao

Re: Now they want your yard [Re: TexDawg] #14402504 06/23/22 07:51 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco

Most of phoenix/Scottsdale and Tucson are like that

only place I remember seeing grass around tucson was goin south to nogales, couple of retirement/golf course additions down that way had postage stamp size yards.

Re: Now they want your yard [Re: 206champion] #14402568 06/23/22 08:28 PM
S
Samsonsworld Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by 206champion
This sounds like a croc of s… to me .

Speaking of great fertilizer.

Re: Now they want your yard [Re: T Bird] #14402588 06/23/22 08:40 PM
J
Jonah's View Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
so keeping our personal co2 to o2 conversion machine healthy and looking good is causing global warming huh... maybe these morons would do the planet a favor and put a bag over their head to stop venting their co2 into the atmosphere...( Disclaimer, this post was meant solely as humor and is not suggesting any snowflake actually put a bag on their head to help stop global stupidity )

Maranatha !
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide