Texas Fishing Forum

Now they want your yard

Posted By: T Bird

Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 01:51 PM

Derek and June beware! shocked

https://www.yahoo.com/news/leaf-blo...tribute-to-climate-change-190726545.html
Posted By: LoneStarSon

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 03:21 PM

I'm actually not a big fan of most fertilizers because of the runoff into our water systems. I think there are better ways to do things, not always easier, but better. We are a lazy people and prefer the ease and convenience of commercial fertilizers. I also believe we should try to plant more native plants/grasses instead of trying to get things to adapt to our area just because they are pretty.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by LoneStarSon
I'm actually not a big fan of most fertilizers because of the runoff into our water systems. I think there are better ways to do things, not always easier, but better. We are a lazy people and prefer the ease and convenience of commercial fertilizers. I also believe we should try to plant more native plants/grasses instead of trying to get things to adapt to our area just because they are pretty.

That’s a long winded way to tell us your yard sucks.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 03:36 PM

Crock of crud.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost4BH

roflmao
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1

roflmao

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: JRGOCARDS

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 04:03 PM

I'm calling BS on this. While I have no doubt that global warming is real - I believe it's due to other things than the left keep blaming.

IMO, global warming is due to parking lots, roads and roofs. Walk across an open field and then walk across a parking lot and tell me which one was hotter!! Climb up on your roof during the afternoon and see how pleasant it is up there.

To say that your yard is a cause is just BS.

JR
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Brent S
Originally Posted by Ranger1

roflmao

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by JRGOCARDS
I'm calling BS on this. While I have no doubt that global warming is real - I believe it's due to other things than the left keep blaming.

IMO, global warming is due to parking lots, roads and roofs. Walk across an open field and then walk across a parking lot and tell me which one was hotter!! Climb up on your roof during the afternoon and see how pleasant it is up there.

JR

I live in the country, work in the city. About a 30 mile difference. It definitely seems hotter in the city. Even when one watches the weather. Temps are always expected to be higher in metro areas.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 04:20 PM

This thread was an excellent reminder to order my July fert now. Thank you!
Posted By: PondFish

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 04:25 PM

There is a little truth to it.
What most people have been taught to think of as 'weeds' are actually native species grasses and the Bermudas and St Augustines have become the non-native, 'invasive', standards.
And think how much energy and effort goes into maintaining those non-native species as dominant and how quickly the native grasses can take over if left alone.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 04:30 PM

This sounds like a croc of s… to me .
Posted By: mstring

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by PondFish
There is a little truth to it.
What most people have been taught to think of as 'weeds' are actually native species grasses and the Bermudas and St Augustines have become the non-native, 'invasive', standards.
And think how much energy and effort goes into maintaining those non-native species as dominant and how quickly the native grasses can take over if left alone.

Yeah, but let those native species of grass and weeds grow in their natural state in your yard and see what the city or HOA have to say,
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 05:45 PM

Is horse Bermuda a native species?
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 05:57 PM

Give me the word, and the money, and I would turn my entire yard into a rock garden
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 06:01 PM

I don't subscribe to the flat earth, hollow earth, climate change, conspiracies. The earth has always cooled and warmed. According to Live Science, urban areas cover only 3% of the earth. The climate change conspiracy is only a method for the government to impose a carbon tax, and restrict and lessen the flow of natural resources, so they can implement the "Great Change over."
Posted By: Dave-0

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 06:04 PM

JR

100% agree. Plant life needs co2 to live just as we need oxygen to live. Think of how many 100's of thousands of acres, say just in the metroplex, have been clear cut and replaced with homes and concrete. Far side of Cleburne and watching as hundreds of acres of growing fields are bull dozed and 1000's of McMansions going up all over it, so that Jack & Diane can live within spitting distance of their neighbor. But we as a society have this grandiose ideology to keep up with the Jones and keep on building, thus depleting the resources that will greatly help reduce the global warming problem. We're just shooting ourselves in our own feet in spite of ourselves.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 06:07 PM

Don’t know if this EPA statement is true,but is if it is then mowing our yard creates a lot of air pollution.

Last lawnmower I had lasted 15 years, so it probably was real efficient at burning fuel and exhaust.

“The EPA states that using a typical gas-powered lawn mower produces as much volatile organic compounds and nitrogen oxide — a powerful greenhouse gas — as driving 11 average new cars over the same timeframe. In total, according to the agency, lawn mowers account for 5% of American (non-climate) air pollution. On top of that, many lawns are cut by a gardener who visits regularly, burning gasoline on the way there and back.”
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 06:12 PM

Read the history of Earth.
It's arrogant and laughable to believe that we are going to effect the weather.

It may be changing, because........that's what weather does.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderman
Don’t know if this EPA statement is true,but is if it is then mowing our yard creates a lot of air pollution.

Last lawnmower I had lasted 15 years, so it probably was real efficient at burning fuel and exhaust.

“The EPA states that using a typical gas-powered lawn mower produces as much volatile organic compounds and nitrogen oxide — a powerful greenhouse gas — as driving 11 average new cars over the same timeframe. In total, according to the agency, lawn mowers account for 5% of American (non-climate) air pollution. On top of that, many lawns are cut by a gardener who visits regularly, burning gasoline on the way there and back.”

California believes it. I think all of the equipment has to be electric at some point in the near future
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by TexDawg
Give me the word, and the money, and I would turn my entire yard into a rock garden

Back in the mid 60's while stationed in Camp Pendleton,Calif., I dated a girl from San Clemente. Homes were built on the hill sides and they didn't have much of a grass filled yard. They did make their yard look like the desert! Rocks,dirt,and cactus type plants etc. Looked pretty cool to me. What we don't hear anything about is the fact that All active volcano's on Earth produce more CO2 that man has ever created.
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 07:28 PM

I have enough deer poop in my yard to make it look like I am running sheep. Don't need fertilizer cuz the weeds will grow even bigger.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 07:39 PM

Or about one billionth of Kerry's private jet on one trip to Iran.
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by V-Bottom

Back in the mid 60's while stationed in Camp Pendleton,Calif., I dated a girl from San Clemente. Homes were built on the hill sides and they didn't have much of a grass filled yard. They did make their yard look like the desert! Rocks,dirt,and cactus type plants etc. Looked pretty cool to me. What we don't hear anything about is the fact that All active volcano's on Earth produce more CO2 that man has ever created.

What do you mean by “dated”?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by RickS.

JR

I live in the country, work in the city. About a 30 mile difference. It definitely seems hotter in the city. Even when one watches the weather. Temps are always expected to be higher in metro areas.

concrete and asphalt are heat sinks, store a lot of heat this time of yr. since the nights don't cool off much.
same with a fresh plowed field, all that dark dirt is a big heat sink.
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 07:47 PM

Most of phoenix/Scottsdale and Tucson are like that

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright

California believes it. I think all of the equipment has to be electric at some point in the near future

yep, wonder how much lawn service is gonna go up with all those fancy 80v zero turns.

they will have to carry enough to get thru the day, no stop n charge when ya be workin! roflmao

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 07:51 PM

Most of phoenix/Scottsdale and Tucson are like that

only place I remember seeing grass around tucson was goin south to nogales, couple of retirement/golf course additions down that way had postage stamp size yards.
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by 206champion
This sounds like a croc of s… to me .

Speaking of great fertilizer.
Posted By: Jonah's View

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 08:40 PM

so keeping our personal co2 to o2 conversion machine healthy and looking good is causing global warming huh... maybe these morons would do the planet a favor and put a bag over their head to stop venting their co2 into the atmosphere...( Disclaimer, this post was meant solely as humor and is not suggesting any snowflake actually put a bag on their head to help stop global stupidity )
Posted By: Samsonsworld

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jonah's View
so keeping our personal co2 to o2 conversion machine healthy and looking good is causing global warming huh... maybe these morons would do the planet a favor and put a bag over their head to stop venting their co2 into the atmosphere...( Disclaimer, this post was meant solely as humor and is not suggesting any snowflake actually put a bag on their head to help stop global stupidity )

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Siberman

Re: Now they want your yard - 06/23/22 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by Monty Wright

yep, wonder how much lawn service is gonna go up with all those fancy 80v zero turns.

they will have to carry enough to get thru the day, no stop n charge when ya be workin! roflmao

Might be a good thing . Electric motors won't be waking people at 6 am . grin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum