Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: WAWI] #14396509 06/17/22 01:45 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Ever follow the transactional history of crypto for guys like Musk or Cuban? Right, you cannot follow the transactional history, that's half the point.

Pure speculation here, but my guess is Cubes and Elon use crypto for 1 purpose - to move money without any paper trail. Every time they made a tweet, they had just bought $100MM of crypto, watched the value jump 20% overnight after their post and then deposited $120MM in the Caymans or Switzerland.

Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: WAWI] #14396514 06/17/22 01:52 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by WAWI
Musk is being sued over doge pyramid scheme.....

Wish he would pump up the Shibu Inu

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: WAWI] #14396515 06/17/22 01:53 PM
pacertom Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Look, I just relayed what some financially savvy folks say about the stuff. If buying a digital picture of a monkey seems like a solid investment dont let me hold you back. I have never seen people so convinced as crypto junkies. I have made bad investments before. It happens, I have never invested in digital beanie babies so I can see in hindsight how the victims of pump and dump are a bit sensitive

I own zero NFTs by the way. The only reason for posting is to dispel misinformation by painting a broad brush on an entire industry....i.e. your comment on digital ape art.

These are the same types of hard line stances people had in the 90s when the internet was coming into mainstream..... And I can see you having that conversation at your bar back then " Email, what the hell is email, why would I need that, I can write or call someone, this stupid idea won't last....And I'll never ever bank on line" smile

A MAN WILL NEVER GO TO HIS GRAVE WISHING HE'D FISHED LESS!!
Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: pacertom] #14396568 06/17/22 02:28 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by pacertom
Musk is being sued over doge pyramid scheme.....

Christ Wawi, seriously? Being sued for 258 BILLION dollars because he tweeted about it? Unreal that you of all people cannot see this as frivolous...Unless your posting that was sarcasm, look deeper.

How is it frivolous?

Pump and Dumps are common in crypto. If Elon put out any of those tweets with the intention of profitting....and followed through with it, that seems like a pseudo pump and dump to me. If you were stupid enough to buy off some dudes tweet, thats on you....but the lawsuit isnt what I would consider a frivolous lawsuit. Its new territory for sure....but so was getting hot coffee dumped on your lap, and McDonalds still ended up paying for that

Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: COFF] #14396569 06/17/22 02:30 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by COFF
Ever follow the transactional history of crypto for guys like Musk or Cuban? Right, you cannot follow the transactional history, that's half the point.

Pure speculation here, but my guess is Cubes and Elon use crypto for 1 purpose - to move money without any paper trail. Every time they made a tweet, they had just bought $100MM of crypto, watched the value jump 20% overnight after their post and then deposited $120MM in the Caymans or Switzerland.

im no crypto expert at all....its my understanding pretty much everything can be tracked. The only thing is linking wallet IDs to individuals/entities. Im not sure if Elons crypto wallet/account info is out there, but i wouldnt be surprised if it was.

Once you know someones crypto wallet you can see everything theyve done.

Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI] #14396581 06/17/22 02:41 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted by Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
Decoder ring not working for this one.

My take is that Bill Gates thinks that cryptocurrency and "non fungible tokens" (NFT) are the 21st century version of the "Dutch Tulip Bulb Market Bubble" of 1637.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: pacertom] #14396583 06/17/22 02:42 PM
W
WAWI Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Look, I just relayed what some financially savvy folks say about the stuff. If buying a digital picture of a monkey seems like a solid investment dont let me hold you back. I have never seen people so convinced as crypto junkies. I have made bad investments before. It happens, I have never invested in digital beanie babies so I can see in hindsight how the victims of pump and dump are a bit sensitive

I own zero NFTs by the way. The only reason for posting is to dispel misinformation by painting a broad brush on an entire industry....i.e. your comment on digital ape art.

These are the same types of hard line stances people had in the 90s when the internet was coming into mainstream..... And I can see you having that conversation at your bar back then " Email, what the hell is email, why would I need that, I can write or call someone, this stupid idea won't last....And I'll never ever bank on line" smile

To say the internet wasnt widely embraced is a massive deception and to try and correlate crypto currency to the internet is laughable. Another sales pitch. The internet was widely embraced almost immediately as the services became available. I was in college and starting off in the business world as it started to accelerate. My original email was an internal email address that you had to access from inhouse servers at texas a&m. Any apprehension from older folks at that time was mainly based around them not having access or even computers at that time. Bussines grabbed on to its usefulness immediately, challenges around it were mostly centered around how to monetize it. To try and equate made up currency and monkey pictures to the internet is pure nonsense. The internet ranks up there with the wheel, fire, electricity, penicillin etc. Crypto will end up in a pile with ponzi, pyramids etc. Its Amway minus the toothpaste. People will and have made money on the stuff but the bagholders are gonna get killed. Just like any pyramid first in first out makes the money

Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: WAWI] #14396603 06/17/22 03:03 PM
pacertom Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To say the internet wasnt widely embraced is a massive deception and to try and correlate crypto currency to the internet is laughable. Another sales pitch. The internet was widely embraced almost immediately as the services became available. I was in college and starting off in the business world as it started to accelerate. My original email was an internal email address that you had to access from inhouse servers at texas a&m. Any apprehension from older folks at that time was mainly based around them not having access or even computers at that time. Bussines grabbed on to its usefulness immediately, challenges around it were mostly centered around how to monetize it. To try and equate made up currency and monkey pictures to the internet is pure nonsense. The internet ranks up there with the wheel, fire, electricity, penicillin etc. Crypto will end up in a pile with ponzi, pyramids etc. Its Amway minus the toothpaste. People will and have made money on the stuff but the bagholders are gonna get killed. Just like any pyramid first in first out makes the money
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comparing the early internet to blockchain is not laughable, they are the same thing in terms of a disruptive\ technology that is going to be embedded into just about every industry out there. Your suppliers are utilizing it. Its already happening and adoption over the last few years is exponential. I think where people get hung up and not completely understanding is the "crypto currency" part. Most tokens on a blockchain are the fuel that drives the network, not people to people currency (although those exist). As blockchain networks gain adoption/users/applications the underlying token increases in value. Simplistic explanation. Just like the internet in the early days, there are many companies that failed and ceased to exist today and some that are the worlds largest companies. Same thing will happen in this industry as it is not going away. Technological advances & adoption of blockchain will have winners and losers.

That said, I do not do anything with the DOGE, Shiba type cryptos out there as I believe they will eventually fail and I would 100% accept the "greater fool" theory on those.....but utility tokens that fuel blockchain applications will have immense value as the adoption increases.... i.e. ETH & ADA

Last edited by pacertom; 06/17/22 03:07 PM.

Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: WAWI] #14396609 06/17/22 03:13 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
blockchain is a good tool for security...what makes it a monetary value?

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.†-JFK
Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: WAWI] #14396612 06/17/22 03:14 PM
pacertom Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Last post and I'm off to golf.... Impact of blockchain on food and agriculture, just 1 of 1000 industries that will be effected. .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The global blockchain in agriculture and food market was valued at $139.6 million in 2020, which is expected to grow with a CAGR of 51.0% and reach $1,488.0 million by 2026.

The growth in the global blockchain in agriculture and food market is expected to be driven by the increased need for transparency in the food supply chain and supportive government initiatives.

The agriculture and food markets required a lot of inconsistent paperwork and dependency on paper-based documentation. Blockchain provides a systematic digital ledger for storing land records and other data, keeping it safe during natural calamities.

Blockchain technology will be a revolutionary change as it offers tamper-proof, precise statistics about the farms, inventory, credit scores, and food tracking.

Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: John175☮] #14396624 06/17/22 03:25 PM
pacertom Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by John175☮

Blockchain networks are not free, it costs money to run the network and the tokens are the rewards for the network operators, validators & users. Blockchain networks have a finite supply of tokens on their network. As more organizations use that particular blockchain and the underlying tokens, the supply of tokens is reduced and the value increases.

The key is to pick the right blockchain you believe will disrupt and change the world in a good way. That's where all my research has been focused the last several years...Conclusion, Cardano will change the world, 1 of a few blockchain companies that have already impacted 3rd world country's citizens with corrupt govts.

Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: pacertom] #14396673 06/17/22 04:19 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN

Blockchain networks are not free, it costs money to run the network and the tokens are the rewards for the network operators, validators & users. Blockchain networks have a finite supply of tokens on their network. As more organizations use that particular blockchain and the underlying tokens, the supply of tokens is reduced and the value increases.

The key is to pick the right blockchain you believe will disrupt and change the world in a good way. That's where all my research has been focused the last several years...Conclusion, Cardano will change the world, 1 of a few blockchain companies that have already impacted 3rd world country's citizens with corrupt govts.

...there were a finite supply of Beanie Babies too. I still don't see where the value comes from other than it cost miners money to create them.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.†-JFK
Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: John175☮] #14396681 06/17/22 04:34 PM
W
WAWI Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
W

...there were a finite supply of Beanie Babies too. I still don't see where the value comes from other than it cost miners money to create them.

John you are over thinking it. Amway without toothpaste is all you have to know, the trick is finding buyers and they have excelled at that.....

Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: John175☮] #14396685 06/17/22 04:38 PM
pacertom Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

If u can't see why there is value to use and adoption of a technology, u never will. Beanie Babies did not help organizations become more efficient and profitable, blockchain does.

Re: Crypto and NFT [Re: WAWI] #14396700 06/17/22 04:53 PM
W
WAWI Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
W
When I hear stuff like you just dont understand I always think about the emperor and his clothes......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide