Forums59
Topics1,039,288
Posts13,962,326
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296802 02/25/22 04:02 PM
M
MTH82 Online Content OP
Outdoorsman
OP Online Content
Outdoorsman
M
To me it sounds like it takes more skill and ability to catch a DD using FFS than it does without it. Without it, it's blind luck. From what it sounds like, utilizing FFS is a real learned skill. If you're not into it, that's completely fine, I just don't see how it cheapens it. Anyone can throw a lure in the water and happen to catch a DD. Not everyone is skilled enough in FFS to utilize it to catch a DD. To each their own.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296818 02/25/22 04:17 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
It’s not just about the livescope. This wouldn’t be happening without the a-rig and the cold water. The rig has been dominating everything in cold water way before ffs came out. When you put those 3 things together it’s the perfect storm.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: J.H.S.] #14296821 02/25/22 04:21 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by J.H.S.
I guess I am an odd one. I go to the lake to get away from it all. I enjoy being out in nature and taking note of my surroundings. When I go out and see these guys in the middle of the lake looking down I feel like they are missing what is truly great about the sport. I feel like I am one of the few that fish purely for the enjoyment of fishing. I don't care if I ever catch a SAL, I have no desire to ever be a "sponsored fisherman" trying to make a living in the industry with wrapped boats and discounts, I don't have any need for recognition in the sport. I just love to fish. I will preface my next comment by saying this, I have nothing against FFS or those that use it, however, this is taking the natural skill and instinct out of the sport, and replacing it with a more technological, fast-paced approach, which is what I am trying to get away from when I hit the lake. I am only 33 years old, and I feel like the sport is leaving me behind, and honestly, I think I have decided I am okay with that. I am not a huge fan of what the sport is becoming from a competitive standpoint. That is just my opinion, not looking to argue (for once).

Good points Josh! There's nothing better than the sunrise or sunset while you are on the water, or getting to see a deer or otter going about their business while you are out fishing. We all spend way too much time staring at screens.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: J.H.S.] #14296886 02/25/22 04:54 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I guess I am an odd one. I go to the lake to get away from it all. I enjoy being out in nature and taking note of my surroundings. When I go out and see these guys in the middle of the lake looking down I feel like they are missing what is truly great about the sport. I feel like I am one of the few that fish purely for the enjoyment of fishing. I don't care if I ever catch a SAL, I have no desire to ever be a "sponsored fisherman" trying to make a living in the industry with wrapped boats and discounts, I don't have any need for recognition in the sport. I just love to fish. I will preface my next comment by saying this, I have nothing against FFS or those that use it, however, this is taking the natural skill and instinct out of the sport, and replacing it with a more technological, fast-paced approach, which is what I am trying to get away from when I hit the lake. I am only 33 years old, and I feel like the sport is leaving me behind, and honestly, I think I have decided I am okay with that. I am not a huge fan of what the sport is becoming from a competitive standpoint. That is just my opinion, not looking to argue (for once).

Didnt you say you were buying a Mega 360?

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296896 02/25/22 04:57 PM
K
kscatman76 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
So you guys that say your not buying a FF sonar because it's ruining fishing and you enjoy just figuring them out yourself and yada yada......are you using a fish finder? gps maps on them? down scan or side scan? Cause if you are your just being hypocritical because at some point and time each of those technologies were exactly like Livescope or FF sonar are, they were tools someone used to catch more fish and eventually we all used them as they became the standard. If you wanna drive around a lake with no graph and no clue how deep your fishing and throw your purple auger tail worm out and just enjoy looking at nature and fishing more power to you no doubt about it that's awesome. But none of you are doing that. Each of you have a graph, a gps or down and side imaging and that was THE technology in their day.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296934 02/25/22 05:23 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by MTH82
To me it sounds like it takes more skill and ability to catch a DD using FFS than it does without it. Without it, it's blind luck. From what it sounds like, utilizing FFS is a real learned skill. If you're not into it, that's completely fine, I just don't see how it cheapens it. Anyone can throw a lure in the water and happen to catch a DD. Not everyone is skilled enough in FFS to utilize it to catch a DD. To each their own.

These guys are finding the fish and casting directly to them. There is not a question of doubt in the world that it is easier to catch a fish with FFS, than without it. How many giant bass was Jones catching before LS/AT? And how many is he catching now? Millikens caught all those giant fish at Ivie because of his FFS.

Now yeah, it takes a special person to just troll around looking for 1 fish to throw to.

Last edited by grout-scout; 02/25/22 08:23 PM. Reason: Typo
Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296959 02/25/22 05:46 PM
A
AdvTX Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
I seriously doubt I can make this make any sense because I’m not the best at putting my thoughts into type. I’m not just talking out of my….I’ve been in several boats with it and have seen it myself and thought about it. scoping doesn’t only effect the boat using it. Imagine your favorite cove has 300 fish in it but only 15 are in the mood to eat and before you get there and without you knowing several people went through scoping….yes they may have had a bunch follow but they caught the ones in the mood and this over time will have an effect on making fish more “smart” or lure shy.

I totally get it, we all have such limited time now and everyone wants shortcuts but nothing we have used in the past comes close to scoping so that argument doesn’t work.

The day after catching a lot of fish is still a good day.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: ezbassin] #14297352 02/25/22 11:02 PM
bassnman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by ezbassin
I have active target on my boat and like it but I like my T/M spot lock feature even better. Third would be the ladder that I added to the front of my trailer so now I don't have to climb in the boat from the side using the fenders. Too old for that any more.

Me 2!! I agree 100%. That ladder rocks.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: bockscar] #14297419 02/26/22 12:00 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by bockscar

At one point I had considered purchasing the 360. But having sat back and reevaluated exactly why it is I fish, and at exactly what level it is I fish at, I decided that honestly it’s not something I need. I’m not a professional. I have no desire to be. I don’t need to have the latest and greatest. The more I sat back and looked at things I have decided I really just enjoying going, no matter what the outcome is of the day is. Just like with phones and other technologies we are missing things going on around us. And for what? I don’t need a SAL to validate myself as a fisherman. It’s just not important to ME. What others decide to purchase for whatever reasons they decide to purchase it are their own reasons and I’ve spent to much time on here wrongly judging others for it. I’m simply stating my reasons for not having one, and for the foreseeable future not purchasing FFS (360 included). We all have our own reasons for fishing. Some people need that picture with a 30 pound sack or 13+ pound fish, and that’s okay. I don’t. I’ve said it before but I’m a nobody in this industry and I’m 110% good with staying that way.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: J.H.S.] #14297466 02/26/22 12:44 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

At one point I had considered purchasing the 360. But having sat back and reevaluated exactly why it is I fish, and at exactly what level it is I fish at, I decided that honestly it’s not something I need. I’m not a professional. I have no desire to be. I don’t need to have the latest and greatest. The more I sat back and looked at things I have decided I really just enjoying going, no matter what the outcome is of the day is. Just like with phones and other technologies we are missing things going on around us. And for what? I don’t need a SAL to validate myself as a fisherman. It’s just not important to ME. What others decide to purchase for whatever reasons they decide to purchase it are their own reasons and I’ve spent to much time on here wrongly judging others for it. I’m simply stating my reasons for not having one, and for the foreseeable future not purchasing FFS (360 included). We all have our own reasons for fishing. Some people need that picture with a 30 pound sack or 13+ pound fish, and that’s okay. I don’t. I’ve said it before but I’m a nobody in this industry and I’m 110% good with staying that way.

Ok. I just remember you last week gassing up 360 and how it was better for the way you fish than forward facing sonar and mentioning it . So the whole "enjoy being out in nature" comment surprised me since you seemed very pro 360 about a week ago. Glad you figured out what was important to you. Staring at a screen can def take some fun out of it.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: bockscar] #14297484 02/26/22 01:04 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

Josh is this your boat with a "wrap" on it?

[Linked Image]

#MFGA
Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: Douglas J] #14297501 02/26/22 01:17 AM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Douglas J

Josh is this your boat with a "wrap" on it?

[Linked Image]

I’ll vouch for Josh’s abilities, he kicks most butts in our club tournaments. As for his boat, that’s a Lowe Favorite Edition. It came that way.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14297516 02/26/22 01:39 AM
I
Ibock Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I
What I don’t like about all this tech is it takes a lot of the mental game out of it. It takes a lot of persistence and mental toughness to throw into water you have no idea if where you are casting even holds a fish. How many times do you cast in the same location? Obviously in every sport you have to draw a line of fairness and how hard you want the game to be. In football you can’t tackle people by the face mask ,you can’t have stick em on your hands, you can’t hold. Etc. We have to come up with rules for games all the time. Sometimes you have to change rules based on technolgy. Bragging about a fish you caught on a camera is like bragging about a fish you catch on live bait…its still cool but its not the same as a txrig plastic worm that you had to work to make the fish bite. I feel the A rig is similar. It’s like have 5-10 lines in the water. I know that’s its not that simplistic but every know that people would not be catching fish like we have seen without all this help. I mean some fly fisherman think using a lure is cheating…just my 2 cents

Ibock

PB between 8-9 pounds.
Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14297525 02/26/22 01:51 AM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Just because it lets you see a fish it doesn’t mean it will bite no matter what you toss in front of it

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14297546 02/26/22 02:17 AM
I
Ibock Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I
Agree but the chances go up 1000 percent.

Ibock

PB between 8-9 pounds.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide