Forums59
Topics1,039,275
Posts13,962,085
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: AdvTX] #14296411 02/25/22 04:36 AM
Jason B. Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by AdvTX
I’m saying everyone should have fun with this stuff if they want to but as far as records go they should have an asterisk or a complete separate set of records. The technology will only get better and a lot of records will fall. Imagine some guy has been fishing a small lake for 20 years and he’s stick and finally caught a 12 JJ hears about it and catches a 14 there the following week…..

I guess I’m way to old school for this stuff lol

I’m a little bit old school as well. Never have learned to use the fishing electronics very well. Just don’t have the patience to actually learn to use them. That being said, I don’t feel like these guys utilizing the current technology should have an asterisk next to their names in record books. There are probably thousands of anglers with these graphs on their boats, and only a handful catching these big fish. Although they make it look easy, it’s really not. However, everybody is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Everyone has different viewpoints on this subject. Some people will try to diminish Hannon’s numbers because he used live bait most of the time. That’s their right. Some will downplay Butch Brown’s stats because he fished on smaller, trout stocked lakes with limited access. Again, their opinion. In the end, if the angler is catching fish legally, I’ll give them full credit for what they catch.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296509 02/25/22 12:40 PM
B
bloo_rainger Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
B
We’ve now entered the Steroid era of fishing.

It is what it is, but I think we’re going to see a lot of former good sticks get left behind.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296544 02/25/22 01:24 PM
O
over the hill @PK Offline
Angler
Angler
O
I just wonder where does bass fishing go next ? It is amazing to me the amount of money a person will spend to catch a giant bass. It is coming to the point where a line has to be drawn to say this is to much .Lake Ivy is at it's peak now but will not be there for long at the rate these fish are being caught .The good thing though is that most all of us Bass fisherman do release our fish back into the water .The gene pool from park& wildlife should be the best it has ever been and like usual lake fork will get the bigger share of them ,

Butch Farmer
Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: Hulapoppin] #14296562 02/25/22 01:37 PM
A
AdvTX Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Originally Posted by Hulapoppin
I have livescope, spot lock, power poles and graphs on every corner of the boat but the biggest game changer for me was when my ol lady started fishing with me. Now when all that other stuff doesn’t put fish in the boat I can pull over in a secluded area and really enjoy a day on the water.

[quote=Hulapoppin]I YOU WIN SIR!

I guess we can’t all agree that the pros definitely shouldn’t be using it?

How many times have we all said…I know there’s one here….I feel it….I’m about to get a bite….I knew it…..it completely takes away the I wonder and anticipation.

The day after catching a lot of fish is still a good day.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296568 02/25/22 01:42 PM
K
kscatman76 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
I personally don't think it's hurt a darn thing because these fish that are being exploited have basically not been fished for.......ever. These are fish that are living basically their whole life out deep and suspended, more like a big striper than a big bass in our minds. I think they spawn deep and they simply don't leave their home range much. I think all we have done is drive over them to go beat banks for the last 80 or whatever years bass boats have been out. I think the fish that the common "bass guy" fish for are still going to be in the same spots and doing the same things and when we catch 7 plus pounders we are pumped etc. But these what I call "Megas" are just fish that have never been touched before and honestly 95% of us still won't be able to touch them. I have Livescope, I suck at it. Sure I try and it's a blast when it works etc but i'll be the first to admit I suck at it. To me it's like painting, we all can buy a brush but there are only so many Picasso's.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296580 02/25/22 01:51 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
electric start motors...I couldnt imagine hand cranking that 250 all day... thumb

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296592 02/25/22 01:56 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
I have all the latest, greatest game changers…I’d say it’s in the top ten, but it ain’t the best.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296609 02/25/22 02:10 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
I think at some point with so many using FFS and getting offshore that it will cause the shallow bite to get even better for those of us that prefer to stay shallow.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: Mark Perry] #14296646 02/25/22 02:31 PM
pacertom Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I think at some point with so many using FFS and getting offshore that it will cause the shallow bite to get even better for those of us that prefer to stay shallow.

Like this thought smile

A MAN WILL NEVER GO TO HIS GRAVE WISHING HE'D FISHED LESS!!
Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296663 02/25/22 02:44 PM
B
Big Swimbait Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I remember fishing with Bill Fox on Toledo Bend in the 80's out of his lodge. We would bass fish the early morning bite and when that died down, he fired up the paper graph and we went striper fishing. I can't tell you how many times he told me while graphing that deep river channel that there were giant bass down there in that deep timber on the edge that will never see a lure. Obviously he was right and I think the same thing applies to all of our trophy lakes. FFS may change that.

Less gritchin', more fishin'
Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: cephusjoe] #14296678 02/25/22 02:50 PM
J
Jimfishes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by cephusjoe
I choose not to buy it. I’m not a hater by any means but I go fishing to get away from screens. I remember when using a camera was against the rules in most tournaments.

Spot lock has my vote

Yep, this is my opinion too. Wife asked me the other day when I was going to get FF sonar and I replied that I don't plan to get it because I just enjoy getting out on the water and the challenge of figuring them out. I'm not fishing tournaments or trying to impress people with my fishing skills, so I'm ok with my Humminbird Helix units with SI, DI and gps. I do like my Ultrex with spot lock.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296680 02/25/22 02:51 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Livescope and 360 will replace 2d and down imaging

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296705 02/25/22 03:05 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
I guess I am an odd one. I go to the lake to get away from it all. I enjoy being out in nature and taking note of my surroundings. When I go out and see these guys in the middle of the lake looking down I feel like they are missing what is truly great about the sport. I feel like I am one of the few that fish purely for the enjoyment of fishing. I don't care if I ever catch a SAL, I have no desire to ever be a "sponsored fisherman" trying to make a living in the industry with wrapped boats and discounts, I don't have any need for recognition in the sport. I just love to fish. I will preface my next comment by saying this, I have nothing against FFS or those that use it, however, this is taking the natural skill and instinct out of the sport, and replacing it with a more technological, fast-paced approach, which is what I am trying to get away from when I hit the lake. I am only 33 years old, and I feel like the sport is leaving me behind, and honestly, I think I have decided I am okay with that. I am not a huge fan of what the sport is becoming from a competitive standpoint. That is just my opinion, not looking to argue (for once).

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: MTH82] #14296709 02/25/22 03:08 PM
T
The Netstretcher Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
T
MLF has an article out about the 5 DDs caught at Fork this week. 4 of the 5 were caught using FFS.

Re: Curious...is Livescope Technology the biggest game changer in recent history? [Re: J.H.S.] #14296729 02/25/22 03:16 PM
C
cajuncountryman Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
"this is taking the natural skill and instinct out of the sport"..........................................J.H.S.- perfectly stated by you & I agree 100%. Many will never know the real thrill of finding & catching that big bass or finding a nice group of fish with their own skill & ability without the help of all the electronics that says " throw right here " Thanks J.H.S. & keep enjoying the nature on the lake as it is now- because we are killing it slowly.

JMO

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide