Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: BASS vs. MLF [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14288012 02/17/22 05:50 PM
E
ETXfisher91 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
E
When are the interesting threads going to show up instead of turning pages in the same book over and over and over again... It's like someone giving you a million dollars and your mad because it's not all 100 bills.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BASS vs. MLF [Re: J.H.S.] #14288464 02/18/22 01:37 AM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by J.H.S.
BASS has something called the Classic which beats any minute mlf has on TV. There is a reason those MLF guy's sponsors make them show up and work the expo.

That’s not true, remember that time they weighed all the fish behind the port-o-can by the ramp and then did the simulated fake weigh-in that was an hour from the lake?

You prolly forgot that time....It was horrible, not to mention the whole field was beating the banks for three days totally sucking. Complete snoozer.

weber
Re: BASS vs. MLF [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14288568 02/18/22 03:29 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
A lot off topic, but I was looking for something in another thread here and found this page. Scroll down to the top 10 money makers, it’s long! But they show how much money these guys made in different ways, fishing pays way better than I thought.

Edit: and these huge numbers were from 6 years ago.

https://m.bassmaster.com/slideshow/top-100-bass-money-winners#slide93

Last edited by grout-scout; 02/18/22 03:32 AM.
Re: BASS vs. MLF [Re: emorydog] #14288589 02/18/22 03:53 AM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by emorydog
BASS has something called the Classic which beats any minute mlf has on TV. There is a reason those MLF guy's sponsors make them show up and work the expo.

That’s not true, remember that time they weighed all the fish behind the port-o-can by the ramp and then did the simulated fake weigh-in that was an hour from the lake?

You prolly forgot that time....It was horrible, not to mention the whole field was beating the banks for three days totally sucking. Complete snoozer.

It is absolutely true. MLf guys still show up and work the expo because their sponsors make them. You won’t see a BASS guy working anything MLf. There is a reason for that. Also your example is a bit skewed. They did that one time because the date of the tournament had to be moved to summer because of Covid. But I’m sure you forgot because you just want to try and one up me by spouting off something stupid.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: BASS vs. MLF [Re: grout-scout] #14288599 02/18/22 04:09 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by grout-scout
A lot off topic, but I was looking for something in another thread here and found this page. Scroll down to the top 10 money makers, it’s long! But they show how much money these guys made in different ways, fishing pays way better than I thought.

Edit: and these huge numbers were from 6 years ago.

https://m.bassmaster.com/slideshow/top-100-bass-money-winners#slide93

In the top 10 top 3 at MLF, 2 at BASS now, 1 retired and 1 dead

Re: BASS vs. MLF [Re: J.H.S.] #14288606 02/18/22 04:24 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

It is absolutely true. MLf guys still show up and work the expo because their sponsors make them. You won’t see a BASS guy working anything MLf. There is a reason for that. Also your example is a bit skewed. They did that one time because the date of the tournament had to be moved to summer because of Covid. But I’m sure you forgot because you just want to try and one up me by spouting off something stupid.

So that’s it.case closed.bass has the classic.close the thread….
Yeah everyone knows they have it and it attracts a lot of in person visitors so naturally the sponsors want their stars there to promote product. If things are as you say then the Manufacturer’s would not want Mlf guys working the classic, they would only want bass guys there.

Re: BASS vs. MLF [Re: J.H.S.] #14289011 02/18/22 06:20 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Here are a few facts to chew on:

bass chose the fishing venue location...fact

bass chose the venue date to be in the summer ...fact

bass could have had it in the fall...fact

bass chose to weigh fish at the lake and not in person...fact

bass chose a weigh in venue an hour away from the lake preventing live weigh in...fact

bass chose to reveal the angler weight in the most anticlimactic fashion first two days...fact

bass produced the worst classic of all time last year...fact

you believe everything MLF is bad and everything bass is good...fact

that thinking makes you a bass homer...fact

weber
Re: BASS vs. MLF [Re: emorydog] #14289074 02/18/22 07:45 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

Here are a few facts to chew on:

bass chose the fishing venue location...fact

bass chose the venue date to be in the summer ...fact

bass could have had it in the fall...fact

bass chose to weigh fish at the lake and not in person...fact

bass chose a weigh in venue an hour away from the lake preventing live weigh in...fact

bass chose to reveal the angler weight in the most anticlimactic fashion first two days...fact

you believe everything MLF is bad and everything bass is good...fact

that thinking makes you a bass homer...fact

I absolutely believe BASS is superior. I am no more a BASS "homer" than you are a Duckett nuthugger apparently. You stated facts, but they made no sense. I didn't deny anything. I said BASS had to change the time of year because of COVID and chose to weigh in a few days out at the ramp because of fish care. Not really sure where you were going with that. Also putting...."fact" behind everything doesn't make you more intelligent no matter what your momma told you.

Last edited by J.H.S.; 02/18/22 07:49 PM.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: BASS vs. MLF [Re: emorydog] #14289118 02/18/22 08:34 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
L

Eh that would probably have been the Chicago one at soldier field. The weigh in last year was definitely meh but their expo was packed and had to have been massive success. I would have hoped our Texas Classic lakes would have shown out better but Conroe was super meh too,its a tradition Texoma in 1979 sucked too.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 02/18/22 08:35 PM.
Re: BASS vs. MLF [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14289156 02/18/22 09:15 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Eh that would probably have been the Chicago one at soldier field. The weigh in last year was definitely meh but their expo was packed and had to have been massive success. I would have hoped our Texas Classic lakes would have shown out better but Conroe was super meh too,its a tradition Texoma in 1979 sucked too.

So BASS moved their Championship into the summer because of COVID and had to make a few adjustments to the weigh in process due to the heat. As far as the Expo in Ft Worth and the Dickies arena I thought that was all top notch. As good as any of the other classics as far as the EXPO goes. Yes I have been to a good many. Attended Houston, Hartwell, Knoxville, and Ft Worth.

In contrast MLF had their Redcrest without flaw........OH WAIT! THAT'S NOT TRUE AT ALL!!!

Let's talk MLF and Redcrest. They moved it from Grand (because of COVID) with what was touted as a giant trade show and fan friendly celebration. To lake Palestine with no EXPO and no fans. Then to Eufala (because of weather) with no fans and no EXPO.

I'm not criticizing either organization. Just bringing up the fact that neither went off as expected. Both organizations had to make adjustments. I commend both for doing what it took to have their championships one way or the other. It's comical to me that many of the same guys that were pissing and moaning about how all those fish that were going to die being transported from Roberts to Ft Worth are the same ones bitching that they weighed some of the fish at the lake.

Bass fishermen truly can't be pleased.

Last edited by Tx Tree Grower; 02/18/22 09:16 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide