Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Garmin Update [Re: SK.] #14270494 02/01/22 04:35 PM
S
Soft Tap Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
This dude had a good example of how the update works in vertical jigging's favor. Looks good, however I'm still debating .

Re: Garmin Update [Re: SK.] #14270522 02/01/22 04:48 PM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Still a long ways from the clarity and definition I had with update 18....I have several vids that show readings several times clearer than any of the post-update videos..... This vid has zoom in shots of my unit before I updated it.... You can clearly see how much brighter the fish are than the structure and in most shots you can see which way the fish are facing and see their fins moving.....

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: Garmin Update [Re: SK.] #14270647 02/01/22 07:02 PM
Cameron Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
If I chased open water fish all the time the update would be alright- usable but it opens an entirely new box of worms.

The cone is definitely different. Instead of being to the bait being visible while on the very edge you have to be dead on. Fades in and out much easier. Detail of brush and timber is bad. Fish don’t pop out the same- saw stitching issues in 3 areas severely and some double returns above and below the holes.

I never update- glad you guys were the Guinea pigs. I spent an afternoon with it and am surprised this was released

Re: Garmin Update [Re: SK.] #14270965 02/02/22 01:25 AM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
SK, thanks for posting this. I got bit on an update from HB several yrs ago and vowed I would not upload updates till I saw what they did. Like mentioned above, mine works fine as is. Will keep it that way for sure now.

Based on the views, seems this was targeted at the bass guys who outnumber us crappie guys about a million to one. Maybe this update was to make a better bass pic to compete with active target.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Garmin Update [Re: Ken Gaby] #14272013 02/02/22 08:06 PM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by Cameron
If I chased open water fish all the time the update would be alright- usable but it opens an entirely new box of worms.

The cone is definitely different. Instead of being to the bait being visible while on the very edge you have to be dead on. Fades in and out much easier. Detail of brush and timber is bad. Fish don’t pop out the same- saw stitching issues in 3 areas severely and some double returns above and below the holes.

I never update- glad you guys were the Guinea pigs. I spent an afternoon with it and am surprised this was released

Garmin has been on point up to this update..... I'm guessing they rushed it or are targeting other fishermen that mainly open water fish.....

Originally Posted by Ken Gaby
SK, thanks for posting this. I got bit on an update from HB several yrs ago and vowed I would not upload updates till I saw what they did. Like mentioned above, mine works fine as is. Will keep it that way for sure now.

Based on the views, seems this was targeted at the bass guys who outnumber us crappie guys about a million to one. Maybe this update was to make a better bass pic to compete with active target.

Wish I would've held to my normal process and wait to see what everyone showed on their units..... ALL the vid I've seen and a couple guys in the lake units look terrible to me (my opinion) and it's nowhere near as clear and detailed as I had with update 18.....
These vids that are roaming everywhere with these happy guys make me wonder what they accepted before....LOL

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Re: Garmin Update [Re: SK.] #14272105 02/02/22 09:17 PM
S
Soft Tap Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
SK what version is that you having issue with ?

Re: Garmin Update [Re: SK.] #14272161 02/02/22 09:51 PM
K
KnotTexan Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
Originally Posted by SK.
KnotTexan your vid proves my point..... If you’re only interested in casting and seeing your jig and fish up in the water column you'll like this update but if you vertical jig structure and want a clear scan and be able to see the fish in and around the structure and have the fish pop out and be brighter than the structure this update is not one you'll want.....
Like your vid shows the structure and bottom look really jumpy and not clear.....
Here are a couple pics on how fish looked in structure with update 18.....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SK.
KnotTexan your vid proves my point..... If you’re only interested in casting and seeing your jig and fish up in the water column you'll like this update but if you vertical jig structure and want a clear scan and be able to see the fish in and around the structure and have the fish pop out and be brighter than the structure this update is not one you'll want.....
Like your vid shows the structure and bottom look really jumpy and not clear.....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

thumb
Hard to tell from a still but I understand what your saying and I do enjoy your videos cheers. I got into the livescope and Garmin game a little over a year and a half ago. Starting with version 2.33 of livescope and updating with every version since. So I’m not familiar with livescope when it was supposedly better other than from YouTube. All I can account to is that every update for me has improved my livescope. Thanks for posting videos and I’ll keep watching fish.

Re: Garmin Update [Re: KnotTexan] #14272260 02/02/22 11:14 PM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by Soft Tap
SK what version is that you having issue with ?

It's the latest for the 106sv, 19.1.....

Originally Posted by KnotTexan
Originally Posted by SK.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SK.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

thumb
Hard to tell from a still but I understand what your saying and I do enjoy your videos cheers. I got into the livescope and Garmin game a little over a year and a half ago. Starting with version 2.33 of livescope and updating with every version since. So I’m not familiar with livescope when it was supposedly better other than from YouTube. All I can account to is that every update for me has improved my livescope. Thanks for posting videos and I’ll keep watching fish.

My 2 recent videos have zoom in shots and you can clearly see how the fish are much brighter than the structure they are on..... You can actually tell which way the fish are pointing and can see their tails move as they swim.....

I'm not done with adjusting my unit with this new update, it's just that there were several operating controls that were changed and will take dialing in more than we've had to..... By the end of the day on my last trip out I found a few things that helped a lot but it's going to take more time on the water and I doubt that happens this week with the weather we have coming.....I still firmly believe Garmin will have another update coming soon to help us get our units back clear and have the definition we had before......

Re: Garmin Update [Re: SK.] #14272607 02/03/22 03:33 AM
A
AGSWON Offline
Angler
Angler
A
I saved my 19.1 update on my computer before doing the new update. I wonder if I can delete the current update from the chip and put the old files back on the chip to use the older version?

Re: Garmin Update [Re: SK.] #14272623 02/03/22 03:51 AM
A
AGSWON Offline
Angler
Angler
A
Originally Posted by SK.
By the way I did talk with Garmin today, although there is a way to go back to 18.2 they highly advise not doing so. He also told me even though they don't advise it they had the instructions on their site to force the unit to accept the older update..... The kicker was they did not have the update and said if I didn't have it on a card I'd have to get it elsewhere.....
I'll make this work before I install something from somewhere other than Garmin.....
I did somewhat get a decent reading after spending hours of adjusting this and that just nowhere near as clear.....
The color limit is useless in my opinion.....

Did you find the instructions on their website for reinstalling an older version? I can’t seem to find it on their website. I saved my old 19.1 files to my computer before doing my update. I can’t believe Garmin screwed up the picture. Now I’m really worried.

Re: Garmin Update [Re: AGSWON] #14273020 02/03/22 03:09 PM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by AGSWON
Originally Posted by SK.
By the way I did talk with Garmin today, although there is a way to go back to 18.2 they highly advise not doing so. He also told me even though they don't advise it they had the instructions on their site to force the unit to accept the older update..... The kicker was they did not have the update and said if I didn't have it on a card I'd have to get it elsewhere.....
I'll make this work before I install something from somewhere other than Garmin.....
I did somewhat get a decent reading after spending hours of adjusting this and that just nowhere near as clear.....
The color limit is useless in my opinion.....

Did you find the instructions on their website for reinstalling an older version? I can’t seem to find it on their website. I saved my old 19.1 files to my computer before doing my update. I can’t believe Garmin screwed up the picture. Now I’m really worried.

It's called a "force update" from what Garmin told me. I wasn't interested with a name like that so I didn't pay much attention to where he said it was.....19.1 is the new update 18.2 (the good one) was the previous.....

Re: Garmin Update [Re: SK.] #14278202 02/08/22 02:16 PM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Well I'm still not dialed in..... Been in contact with Garmin and heading to the lake now to try a few things and get more footage for them to analyze..... Funny how now theirs several (in my circle) coming out saying their units are not what it use to be since the update...... I'm sure Garmin has a new update coming soon to fix these issues so those of you that are having problems don't give up hope......I might put a short vid together of the footage and trials I'm doing..... Stay tuned as I'm not giving up until I get the quality I had in vids like this one.....

Re: Garmin Update [Re: SK.] #14278218 02/08/22 02:28 PM
J
Jezreel Offline
Angler
Angler
J
I am enjoying this thread. I am so curious to find out how Garmin resolves this. SK, Keep up the good work.

Re: Garmin Update [Re: SK.] #14278652 02/08/22 10:01 PM
M
Mo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
It would be nice to see two units , side by side , one with update and one without looking at the same structure.

I am holding off on the update, until this is resolved.

MO

Last edited by Mo; 02/08/22 10:02 PM.

MY BACKYARD , 20,000 ACRES , NO MOWING smile
Re: Garmin Update [Re: SK.] #14278807 02/09/22 12:07 AM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

SK, curious. How are you doing your software updates? Active Captain WiFi or via Garmin website SD card?

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide