Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin Update

Posted By: SK.

Garmin Update - 01/30/22 06:31 PM

So did you do it? Have you fished with it? Do you like it?
I'm contacting Garmin tomorrow to see if there's a way I can go back to 18.1, this new update is no where near as good as 18.1 on my unit......
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Garmin Update - 01/31/22 03:05 AM

I see the "Added LiveScope Color Limit control to reduce background noise" to me appears to look more like what I am seeing from Lowrance and Humminbird.
I went back to default settings to get away from the dissolving images.
I am sure time on the water will get me making better adjustments and learning and liking it better. Garmin updated it for a reason.

Re: Garmin Update - 01/31/22 05:14 AM

Yeah I never had an issue with background noise.....19.1 has really made my scans really grainy.....
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Garmin Update - 01/31/22 02:20 PM

I have never done an update and I have two different HB's, and two Garmins on my boat.
They continue to work great. I read too many stories about upgrades that don't seem to work.
I'm good, hide2
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Garmin Update - 01/31/22 03:28 PM

Being a procrastinator has it's advantages I guess! Hope you get your pic back like you like SK!
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Garmin Update - 01/31/22 07:24 PM

I've seen mixed reviews but overall good. i think if you turn down the color limit to zero, then you should be seeing your "old" images. Is that not the case in your experience? the idea of cranking up the gain so you can spot your jig easier sounds appealing if you can reduce the clutter. i'll wait a little longer before updating.
Posted By: Buff2

Re: Garmin Update - 01/31/22 08:05 PM

I turned the color limit off but the image does not seem as clear to me as it did before the update
Posted By: Old FB Coach

Re: Garmin Update - 01/31/22 08:15 PM

If you've already downloaded the new update, can you just reset "default" settings to go back to 18.1?
Posted By: SangerCrappieMan

Re: Garmin Update - 01/31/22 09:24 PM

I tried it this weekend and hated it. Just turned off the Color Limit but my picture is not clear any more

Re: Garmin Update - 02/01/22 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by JIM SR.
I have never done an update and I have two different HB's, and two Garmins on my boat.
They continue to work great. I read too many stories about upgrades that don't seem to work.
I'm good, hide2

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Being a procrastinator has it's advantages I guess! Hope you get your pic back like you like SK!

I usually wait.....LOL....I jumped the gun on this one....
Originally Posted by ThaDudeAbides
I've seen mixed reviews but overall good. i think if you turn down the color limit to zero, then you should be seeing your "old" images. Is that not the case in your experience? the idea of cranking up the gain so you can spot your jig easier sounds appealing if you can reduce the clutter. i'll wait a little longer before updating.

This update appeals to those that cast while fishing open water. While I vertical jig structure I don't want my unit so hot that the fish are hard to see with the structure as bright as they are.... They also seemed to have adjusted the way the sonar beams focus depending on the forward range setting.... If it ever stops raining here I'll get back out and get some footage of how different the unit is now compared to how it was with update 18.....
Originally Posted by Buff2
I turned the color limit off but the image does not seem as clear to me as it did before the update

Exactly..... There were other changes made....

Originally Posted by Old FB Coach
If you've already downloaded the new update, can you just reset "default" settings to go back to 18.1?

Not sure it works like that.....
Originally Posted by SangerCrappieMan
I tried it this weekend and hated it. Just turned off the Color Limit but my picture is not clear any more

I agree....I ran the color limit off also..... Still nowhere near as clear....

Re: Garmin Update - 02/01/22 12:52 AM

By the way I did talk with Garmin today, although there is a way to go back to 18.2 they highly advise not doing so. He also told me even though they don't advise it they had the instructions on their site to force the unit to accept the older update..... The kicker was they did not have the update and said if I didn't have it on a card I'd have to get it elsewhere.....
I'll make this work before I install something from somewhere other than Garmin.....
I did somewhat get a decent reading after spending hours of adjusting this and that just nowhere near as clear.....
The color limit is useless in my opinion.....
Posted By: Jezreel

Re: Garmin Update - 02/01/22 03:37 AM

Wowwwww! ! ! I can’t believe I’m reading this. I don’t have Livescope, but have admired it for the breakthrough that Garmin made. EVERYBODY has been SO happy with it. I just can’t believe they messed it up so bad with an update.

Sorry to hear that.
Posted By: KnotTexan

Re: Garmin Update - 02/01/22 04:06 AM

Here’s a clip I posted over in the bass forum with the new update. Before the update if I were in 25’ fow the highest I could have my gain would have been maybe mid 50s now I’m at 74. I’m found running the new color limit setting at between 50 and 60 it kept the palettes looking like Garmin palettes but if you went higher it started looking like the competitions. I’ve only been out once so far but I definitely think it’s an improvement. JMHO cheers

Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Garmin Update - 02/01/22 02:03 PM

I am free on the updates. My units work fine. I won’t do an update until I have a problem.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/01/22 03:56 PM

KnotTexan your vid proves my point..... If you’re only interested in casting and seeing your jig and fish up in the water column you'll like this update but if you vertical jig structure and want a clear scan and be able to see the fish in and around the structure and have the fish pop out and be brighter than the structure this update is not one you'll want.....
Like your vid shows the structure and bottom look really jumpy and not clear.....
Here are a couple pics on how fish looked in structure with update 18.....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Soft Tap

Re: Garmin Update - 02/01/22 04:35 PM

This dude had a good example of how the update works in vertical jigging's favor. Looks good, however I'm still debating .

Re: Garmin Update - 02/01/22 04:48 PM

Still a long ways from the clarity and definition I had with update 18....I have several vids that show readings several times clearer than any of the post-update videos..... This vid has zoom in shots of my unit before I updated it.... You can clearly see how much brighter the fish are than the structure and in most shots you can see which way the fish are facing and see their fins moving.....
Posted By: Cameron

Re: Garmin Update - 02/01/22 07:02 PM

If I chased open water fish all the time the update would be alright- usable but it opens an entirely new box of worms.

The cone is definitely different. Instead of being to the bait being visible while on the very edge you have to be dead on. Fades in and out much easier. Detail of brush and timber is bad. Fish don’t pop out the same- saw stitching issues in 3 areas severely and some double returns above and below the holes.

I never update- glad you guys were the Guinea pigs. I spent an afternoon with it and am surprised this was released
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Garmin Update - 02/02/22 01:25 AM

SK, thanks for posting this. I got bit on an update from HB several yrs ago and vowed I would not upload updates till I saw what they did. Like mentioned above, mine works fine as is. Will keep it that way for sure now.

Based on the views, seems this was targeted at the bass guys who outnumber us crappie guys about a million to one. Maybe this update was to make a better bass pic to compete with active target.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/02/22 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron
If I chased open water fish all the time the update would be alright- usable but it opens an entirely new box of worms.

The cone is definitely different. Instead of being to the bait being visible while on the very edge you have to be dead on. Fades in and out much easier. Detail of brush and timber is bad. Fish don’t pop out the same- saw stitching issues in 3 areas severely and some double returns above and below the holes.

I never update- glad you guys were the Guinea pigs. I spent an afternoon with it and am surprised this was released

Garmin has been on point up to this update..... I'm guessing they rushed it or are targeting other fishermen that mainly open water fish.....

Originally Posted by Ken Gaby
SK, thanks for posting this. I got bit on an update from HB several yrs ago and vowed I would not upload updates till I saw what they did. Like mentioned above, mine works fine as is. Will keep it that way for sure now.

Based on the views, seems this was targeted at the bass guys who outnumber us crappie guys about a million to one. Maybe this update was to make a better bass pic to compete with active target.

Wish I would've held to my normal process and wait to see what everyone showed on their units..... ALL the vid I've seen and a couple guys in the lake units look terrible to me (my opinion) and it's nowhere near as clear and detailed as I had with update 18.....
These vids that are roaming everywhere with these happy guys make me wonder what they accepted before....LOL
Posted By: Soft Tap

Re: Garmin Update - 02/02/22 09:17 PM

SK what version is that you having issue with ?
Posted By: KnotTexan

Re: Garmin Update - 02/02/22 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by SK.
KnotTexan your vid proves my point..... If you’re only interested in casting and seeing your jig and fish up in the water column you'll like this update but if you vertical jig structure and want a clear scan and be able to see the fish in and around the structure and have the fish pop out and be brighter than the structure this update is not one you'll want.....
Like your vid shows the structure and bottom look really jumpy and not clear.....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SK.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

thumb
Hard to tell from a still but I understand what your saying and I do enjoy your videos cheers. I got into the livescope and Garmin game a little over a year and a half ago. Starting with version 2.33 of livescope and updating with every version since. So I’m not familiar with livescope when it was supposedly better other than from YouTube. All I can account to is that every update for me has improved my livescope. Thanks for posting videos and I’ll keep watching fish.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/02/22 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Soft Tap
SK what version is that you having issue with ?

It's the latest for the 106sv, 19.1.....

Originally Posted by KnotTexan
Originally Posted by SK.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SK.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

thumb
Hard to tell from a still but I understand what your saying and I do enjoy your videos cheers. I got into the livescope and Garmin game a little over a year and a half ago. Starting with version 2.33 of livescope and updating with every version since. So I’m not familiar with livescope when it was supposedly better other than from YouTube. All I can account to is that every update for me has improved my livescope. Thanks for posting videos and I’ll keep watching fish.

My 2 recent videos have zoom in shots and you can clearly see how the fish are much brighter than the structure they are on..... You can actually tell which way the fish are pointing and can see their tails move as they swim.....

I'm not done with adjusting my unit with this new update, it's just that there were several operating controls that were changed and will take dialing in more than we've had to..... By the end of the day on my last trip out I found a few things that helped a lot but it's going to take more time on the water and I doubt that happens this week with the weather we have coming.....I still firmly believe Garmin will have another update coming soon to help us get our units back clear and have the definition we had before......
Posted By: AGSWON

Re: Garmin Update - 02/03/22 03:33 AM

I saved my 19.1 update on my computer before doing the new update. I wonder if I can delete the current update from the chip and put the old files back on the chip to use the older version?

Re: Garmin Update - 02/03/22 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by SK.
By the way I did talk with Garmin today, although there is a way to go back to 18.2 they highly advise not doing so. He also told me even though they don't advise it they had the instructions on their site to force the unit to accept the older update..... The kicker was they did not have the update and said if I didn't have it on a card I'd have to get it elsewhere.....
I'll make this work before I install something from somewhere other than Garmin.....
I did somewhat get a decent reading after spending hours of adjusting this and that just nowhere near as clear.....

Did you find the instructions on their website for reinstalling an older version? I can’t seem to find it on their website. I saved my old 19.1 files to my computer before doing my update. I can’t believe Garmin screwed up the picture. Now I’m really worried.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/03/22 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by AGSWON
Originally Posted by SK.

Did you find the instructions on their website for reinstalling an older version? I can’t seem to find it on their website. I saved my old 19.1 files to my computer before doing my update. I can’t believe Garmin screwed up the picture. Now I’m really worried.

It's called a "force update" from what Garmin told me. I wasn't interested with a name like that so I didn't pay much attention to where he said it was.....19.1 is the new update 18.2 (the good one) was the previous.....

Re: Garmin Update - 02/08/22 02:16 PM

Well I'm still not dialed in..... Been in contact with Garmin and heading to the lake now to try a few things and get more footage for them to analyze..... Funny how now theirs several (in my circle) coming out saying their units are not what it use to be since the update...... I'm sure Garmin has a new update coming soon to fix these issues so those of you that are having problems don't give up hope......I might put a short vid together of the footage and trials I'm doing..... Stay tuned as I'm not giving up until I get the quality I had in vids like this one.....

Re: Garmin Update - 02/08/22 02:28 PM

I am enjoying this thread. I am so curious to find out how Garmin resolves this. SK, Keep up the good work.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Garmin Update - 02/08/22 10:01 PM

It would be nice to see two units , side by side , one with update and one without looking at the same structure.

I am holding off on the update, until this is resolved.

MO

Re: Garmin Update - 02/09/22 12:07 AM

SK, curious. How are you doing your software updates? Active Captain WiFi or via Garmin website SD card?
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Garmin Update - 02/09/22 12:21 AM

You can roll back your updates. Someone on BBC posted the update before color limit.. Here is a link... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A5diIBaUhm4elU2q5D6pNFUYXbg29Rzw/view

I have the same one on my computer. The who posted a link gave me 2.20 also...

Here is a link to performing a forced software up.. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A5diIBaUhm4elU2q5D6pNFUYXbg29Rzw/view

I am have done a forced update before but now all of mine have the latest update.. I am probably going to roll back to 18.10 and 18.00. I have a 106sv and a 93uhd... Disclaimer... Update at your own risk..
Posted By: Whaler-170

Re: Garmin Update - 02/09/22 03:30 PM

I hope garmin fixes it soon. I’d like to update mine just to play with the settings but am reluctant now. I’m still running 16.10 on my ultras and 2.54 on the livescope. Especially after seeing what SK is dealing with as I primarily vertical jig structure as well.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Garmin Update - 02/09/22 06:51 PM

sent you a pm

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by shut-up-and-fish

SK, curious. How are you doing your software updates? Active Captain WiFi or via Garmin website SD card?

Active Captain.....

Just to update everyone, I was on the lake today with Garmin on the phone. Tried several settings none of witch gave results like update 18 on my 106sv. Took several pics at different settings, reset the unit several times along with a few other things..... Those of you that have not updated your units if I was in your shoes I wouldn't and those that have I strongly feel Garmin will have a revised update 19 out soon.....
I'll post up the settings I found to get me by in the morning as I'm short on time now or you can come on the YouTube live show at 9pm tonight where I'll discuss them. Garmin will have this right shortly.....I will say this was my 1st time having to deal with Garmin customer service and they are the best I've dealt with on anything I've had to call a company about.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 02:18 AM

SK,..youre a great fisherman with or without Livescope,..things will work out. thumb
Posted By: jig master

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 03:18 AM

Well I’m just now pulling my live scope back out so maybe I won’t do the update. Interesting!

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 03:43 AM

I will agree on their customer service as long as you get the right tech. I had a issue on networking three units, one of which was on a separate battery system. After getting in touch with the right tech that understood what I was doing we figured out that they still had to share a common ground not just the drain ground that’s in the network cable. The first tech just kept telling me I had made a bad connection in my ethernet cable which I had to replace one end on (due to the diameter of Garmin’s network cable plugs) because of access for running the cables. The second tech stayed on the phone with me while I ran a jump wire between the battery systems till we figured it out and supposedly made notes in their system for future reference.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 03:53 AM

I am not certain as to why some have had great success with the update and some have had a horrible experience with the update. I updated mine and the 1st time out I was not impressed. I simply took everything back to default settings and went back to my Gain, FW range, and Depth range adjustments and all was normal. I have since had more time on the water and have been able to make subtle adjustments to my gain, collar gain, and collar limit (again subtle adjustments) and things look pretty darn good.
I recommend always doing updates via Garmin.com with an SD card 32 GB or less with a simple basic card. Nothing special. Scroll down the Garmin page to Download Updates Manually > and select your device.
I have heard from many users that update via WiFi to have had issues over the traditional manual method. Not just this update but with prior updates as well. I am in no way saying this is the problem however via WiFi it will pause during the update "wifi" and skip key components of the update thus causing an incomplete update.
I am not certain as to what would be the outcome if you were to do the update again via an SD card.
My machine is the 1222 main boat and a 1022 kayak and both are doing well after the SD card update.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 04:16 AM

I am not certain as to why some have had great success with the update and some have had a horrible experience with the update. I updated mine and the 1st time out I was not impressed. I simply took everything back to default settings and went back to my Gain, FW range, and Depth range adjustments and all was normal. I have since had more time on the water and have been able to make subtle adjustments to my gain, collar gain, and collar limit (again subtle adjustments) and things look pretty darn good.
I recommend always doing updates via Garmin.com with an SD card 32 GB or less with a simple basic card. Nothing special. Scroll down the Garmin page to Download Updates Manually > and select your device.
I have heard from many users that update via WiFi to have had issues over the traditional manual method. Not just this update but with prior updates as well. I am in no way saying this is the problem however via WiFi it will pause during the update "wifi" and skip key components of the update thus causing an incomplete update.
I am not certain as to what would be the outcome if you were to do the update again via an SD card.
My machine is the 1222 main boat and a 1022 kayak and both are doing well after the SD card update.

David you had also told me a little over a year ago to not use a ultra sd card as well. I assume that is still the case. Appreciate all of your insight and knowledge.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Whaler-170
David you had also told me a little over a year ago to not use a ultra sd card as well. I assume that is still the case. Appreciate all of your insight and knowledge.

Yes,
32 GB or less with a simple basic card. Nothing special...
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 04:20 AM

I had good luck through active captain, really easy process.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 07:36 AM

So I’ve done one update last year. Which update is this? Did it just recently come out ? I did the one that also gave you more screen color options. Are we talking about the same update ?
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 12:43 PM

I'm good, hide2

thumb yep

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by jig master
So I’ve done one update last year. Which update is this? Did it just recently come out ? I did the one that also gave you more screen color options. Are we talking about the same update ?

I updated mine 11 months ago to 16.1 using the sd card method. The one everyone is referring to in this thread is 19.1 that just came out in January and adds color limit to the livescope.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 04:29 PM

So do I do the update or not ? Decisions decisions.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 04:38 PM

this is why I always wait a while before installing new updates.. most of the updates that have to do with tweaking the sonar are gimmicky.
it looks like the color limit function on the garmin is really a sonar return filter. all it seems to do is fliter out smaller returns, such as baitfish and your jig.. it doesnt seem to change color saturation at all.
we can see fish and baitfish, we can see the tail of our jigs moving around,, what more do we need?
more updates , more potential problems,, if the update is not to FIX an existing problem, I dont do it.
Among sonar manufacturers there alot of competition. if one manufacturer can make it appear that they have a better mousetrap, it can sway the masses to buy thier product over others.. I think Garmin is awesome, and hope they steer away from gimmicky updates that cause confusion and problems.
Humminbirds SI enhance mode is the same thing, all it does is hide certain returns to give the illusion of clearer imaging by blocking out many of the weaker returns,,
lots of facebook gurus out there, want to be the first to have the new updates and be on the cutting edge of everything and say how its a big game changer.. they just dont really understand how the sonar works and fall for these gimmicks and convince others to do the same,.,
Dont be a sheep, be a lion,. A lion doesnt ask a sheep his opinion before he eats him,,, and racehorses dont run with jackasses.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 04:40 PM

So do I do the update or not ? Decisions decisions.

DONT DO IT is my advice.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by GarySHO
I'm good, hide2

thumb yep

yep thumb

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 04:53 PM

I’m on the fence, probably gonna wait and see if garmin changes anything with the update. This isn’t a very good picture, its looks way better in person but I have been happy with my current configuration.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Garmin Update - 02/10/22 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by leanin post
this is why I always wait a while before installing new updates.. most of the updates that have to do with tweaking the sonar are gimmicky.
it looks like the color limit function on the garmin is really a sonar return filter. all it seems to do is fliter out smaller returns, such as baitfish and your jig.. it doesnt seem to change color saturation at all.
we can see fish and baitfish, we can see the tail of our jigs moving around,, what more do we need?
more updates , more potential problems,, if the update is not to FIX an existing problem, I dont do it.
Among sonar manufacturers there alot of competition. if one manufacturer can make it appear that they have a better mousetrap, it can sway the masses to buy thier product over others.. I think Garmin is awesome, and hope they steer away from gimmicky updates that cause confusion and problems.
Humminbirds SI enhance mode is the same thing, all it does is hide certain returns to give the illusion of clearer imaging by blocking out many of the weaker returns,,
lots of facebook gurus out there, want to be the first to have the new updates and be on the cutting edge of everything and say how its a big game changer.. they just dont really understand how the sonar works and fall for these gimmicks and convince others to do the same,.,
Dont be a sheep, be a lion,. A lion doesnt ask a sheep his opinion before he eats him,,, and racehorses dont run with jackasses.

BINGO leaning post well said clap!!! here`s another one I like "Eagles don`t flock with crows" coolio

Re: Garmin Update - 02/11/22 02:50 AM

From the vids that I've seen of folks loving their unit after updating still don't look as good as the previous update..... In my opinion....

Re: Garmin Update - 02/11/22 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Fishbonz
Originally Posted by leanin post

BINGO leaning post well said clap!!! here`s another one I like "Eagles don`t flock with crows" coolio

Originally Posted by SK.

From the vids that I've seen of folks loving their unit after updating still don't look as good as the previous update..... In my opinion....

So as I think back at my garmin picture etc right out of the box 3 years ago when I purchased before the 1 st update I could see my jig a lot better and it seemed to have a lot better screen picture all around. Honestly I’m not saying that because of this update. I thought it was just me etc. so with that said I think I’m going to set mine back to default and be a lion.

PS It seems like I’ve done 2 updates since I originally purchased it and now this newest one is the 3 rd.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/18/22 01:47 AM

So as I think back at my garmin picture etc right out of the box 3 years ago when I purchased before the 1 st update I could see my jig a lot better and it seemed to have a lot better screen picture all around. Honestly I’m not saying that because of this update. I thought it was just me etc. so with that said I think I’m going to set mine back to default and be a lion.

PS It seems like I’ve done 2 updates since I originally purchased it and now this newest one is the 3 rd.

I've thought they were dialing these units back every update myself...... And now I see a new transducer they are offering that is advertised as better clarity and target separation......Exactly what's been taken away with every update that I've done......
I hope this is not the case as they will not be happy with me if it is.....
I'm expecting a revised update and then see this...... They should have every available hand working to fix this latest issue before expecting me or anybody else to spend more money..... Just my opinion.....
Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Re: Garmin Update - 02/18/22 02:07 AM

Could be fake news.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/18/22 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by 8upwithfishin'
Could be fake news.

Could be, but is awfully coincidental. Lower priced LVS32’s and updates that make the background cleaner. It’s all point to “not fake news”.
Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Re: Garmin Update - 02/18/22 03:21 AM

Since I'm still on restriction, maybe someone else will check with Josh Jones.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/18/22 03:24 AM

LOL..... Now why would you be restricted?

Re: Garmin Update - 02/18/22 12:27 PM

He’s running an active target, not LS.
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Garmin Update - 02/22/22 06:49 PM

Just may be the cart before the horse. Since Garmin announced the new transducer yesterday that requires the new update I believe.

Re: Garmin Update - 02/24/22 04:09 AM

IMHO: The "H" being humble & With all due respect to those who want to bash other Live technologies or compare them to King Live scope the only one`s complaining seem to be the Garmin Live Scopers! coolio I`ll confess I use a competitor and have been very happy with it right outa the box ,marking fish,seeing fish and catching fish as have various professional anglers and as far as I know there hasn`t been a need by the manufacturer to issue any updates.....SO FAR roflmao On a serious note I sincerely hope, for the sake of you guys that are unhappy with the recent updates ,that they get it all figured out.You`ve made too much of an investment to become soured.Real Talk rockon

Re: Garmin Update - 02/27/22 03:57 AM

IMHO: The "H" being humble & With all due respect to those who want to bash other Live technologies or compare them to King Live scope the only one`s complaining seem to be the Garmin Live Scopers! coolio I`ll confess I use a competitor and have been very happy with it right outa the box ,marking fish,seeing fish and catching fish as have various professional anglers and as far as I know there hasn`t been a need by the manufacturer to issue any updates.....SO FAR roflmao On a serious note I sincerely hope, for the sake of you guys that are unhappy with the recent updates ,that they get it all figured out.You`ve made too much of an investment to become soured.Real Talk rockon

All I see is a Discussion as I don’t see any bashing !!

Re: Garmin Update - 02/27/22 05:00 PM

All I see is a Discussion as I don’t see any bashing !!

I stand corrected JM PLZ omit azn
Posted By: Old FB Coach

Re: Garmin Update - 02/28/22 03:25 PM

I just did a forced update yesterday on my 93sv echomap back to 18.0 and first impression is ... looks much clearer and can see jig better. Only my opinion, but for me the rollback helped.

Re: Garmin Update - 03/01/22 04:36 PM

Still haven't gotten any positive feedback from Garmin..... Here's another vid I'm sending to them......
Anybody having a issue with their unit freezing after about 4hrs on time? I finally got that on video and will be forwarding to Garmin also......

Re: Garmin Update - 03/01/22 06:10 PM

Thanks SK. Keep us updated. I don’t have the system now, but will at some point.

Re: Garmin Update - 03/01/22 09:15 PM

Garmin just released a 19.2 but I'm not gonna be the genie this go round...... At least until after tomorrow's guided trip.....

Re: Garmin Update - 03/04/22 09:40 AM

I updated my unit and got to check it out yestdy...... Only difference that stood out was 19.2 required less gain and my unit didn't lock up after 4hrs run time..... More testing needed before I can say anything else has changed.....
Posted By: bighouse161

Re: Garmin Update - 03/05/22 04:53 PM

Hope it’s all better for you SK.! I’ve seen this work for some while others are struggling with getting their units dialed in. Good luck to you and keep grinding! smile

Re: Garmin Update - 03/06/22 01:14 PM

I went out for the first time yesterday after having updated to the 19.1 software and I hate it. There are dead spots on my screen and the imagine isn’t as clear. Going to try and figure out how to go back to the 18.1 software. I can’t believe Garmin screwed up this bad.

Re: Garmin Update - 03/06/22 10:40 PM

PM sent thumb

Re: Garmin Update - 03/07/22 11:19 PM

Garmin put faith in testers that didn't do their jobs..... This 19.2 is better than 19.1 but still not as good as update 18....
I haven't had time to get new footage yet but 19.2 is fishable.....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum