Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: Dave-0] #14185554 11/09/21 03:16 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Will they give you a free side of beans if you talk em up real big on the TFF?

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: Dave-0] #14185566 11/09/21 03:25 PM
RATZ Online Happy
Activity Coordinator
Online Happy
Activity Coordinator
good eats for sure

If God is your co-pilot then change seats

https://abaltcustomlures.com/

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: Dave-0] #14185587 11/09/21 03:43 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
The whole concept of selling out of food is wierd to me, the bbq business is the only one that gets slack in this area. I get the long cook time etc, there are plenty of other types of stuff that take more that a minute to cook. It's like the concept of a product mix and a calculator is lost on some. It's one thing if you make it through 90 percent of the day, it's another thing when there is a line out the door and down the block that goes home with nothing. If you waited outside any other type of place for an hour only to be told that was it for the day sorry you would freak the f out, blast them on every social media platform available and swear you were never going back.

Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: Dave-0] #14185683 11/09/21 04:47 PM
D
deucer02 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Running out of food to serve doesn't make sense to me. Like WAWi said, sending people away with nothing for the wait, who came to pay you money, doesn't make a lot of sense. It;s also rude and I have never eaten any BBQ in places where standing in line happens, and I never will.
Life is too short for that BS.

Biden famously said in the New York Observer, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”
Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: WAWI] #14185703 11/09/21 05:00 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by WAWI
The whole concept of selling out of food is wierd to me, the bbq business is the only one that gets slack in this area. I get the long cook time etc, there are plenty of other types of stuff that take more that a minute to cook. It's like the concept of a product mix and a calculator is lost on some. It's one thing if you make it through 90 percent of the day, it's another thing when there is a line out the door and down the block that goes home with nothing. If you waited outside any other type of place for an hour only to be told that was it for the day sorry you would freak the f out, blast them on every social media platform available and swear you were never going back.

FOMO

Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: Dave-0] #14190263 11/14/21 03:13 PM
T
TxReflex Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Thanks man! Our rubs are only $10 a bottle just a heads up.

Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: WAWI] #14190271 11/14/21 03:16 PM
T
TxReflex Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
It’s pretty simple actually… If you’re limited on warmer space to properly hold proteins and keep them hard for service when you’re limited on the capacity of food that you could potentially sell each day. If you’re limited on cooler space to keep food cold prior to cooking then you’re limited on the capacity of food that you could potentially sell each day. We operate out of a 1500 square-foot building so we are incredibly limited on our capacity and potential output however we cook about 70 to 75 briskets each day which is a lot for the space that we are in. Expanding to 7k sqft in little elm soon

Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: deucer02] #14190278 11/14/21 03:24 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by deucer02
Running out of food to serve doesn't make sense to me. Like WAWi said, sending people away with nothing for the wait, who came to pay you money, doesn't make a lot of sense. It;s also rude and I have never eaten any BBQ in places where standing in line happens, and I never will.
Life is too short for that BS.

I used to hit the original rudys in leon springs back when rudy was actually cookin, had great food then and sometimes a 15 min. or so line. they never ran out of meat, had a huge brick smoker right behind the counter.

the 2 franchises I ate in were nothing like his original and mostly meh.

I need a 407 fix soon.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: WAWI] #14190305 11/14/21 03:58 PM
Tritonman Online Happy
Super Freak
Online Happy
Super Freak

You and me both man. I have a business not a hobby.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: TxReflex] #14190320 11/14/21 04:18 PM
D
Dave-0 Online Content OP
DYSON
OP Online Content
DYSON
D
Originally Posted by TxReflex
Thanks man! Our rubs are only $10 a bottle just a heads up.

Now that I think about it, he is correct. I had two bottles in each hand, bill was $40. For some reason I thought the boss man bought his own. My mistake, my bad.

And I cooked a pork butt last weekend with the rub, vera vera good stuff!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Laws won't fix a sin problem. What this world needs is a revival, change of the heart. ~The Skipper

Age is a number. Old is a lifestyle.
Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: Tritonman] #14190515 11/14/21 07:42 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Tritonman

Yup, I do this to collect money, there are alot more entertaining hobbies lol

Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: WAWI] #14190521 11/14/21 07:49 PM
Westside. Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

How do you respond to less than stellar reviews?

Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: Westside.] #14190546 11/14/21 08:21 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Westside.

How do you respond to less than stellar reviews?

I usually use the 24 hr rule. If I think it's legit I'm pretty much apologize, etc etc. Every once in a while there is an idiot and I'll blast away. I dont disapprove of how Brian approaches it. We spend years working on our craft and our reputation. I'm about as easy to deal with for fixing issues as you will find, you dont like something let me know and I'll get you something else in a hot minute, none of us are perfect. The morons that fancy themselves amateur food critics can generally suck one.......

Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: Dave-0] #14190557 11/14/21 08:37 PM
Westside. Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Much better response cheers

Re: Hurtados...a review [Re: Westside.] #14190585 11/14/21 09:08 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Westside.
Much better response cheers

And let me add that I compete in a little bit different segment. I wont ever claim to have the best of anything, that's a hard thing to do. My goal is to execute solid products that people like, I work the hardest on making people feel at home, i deal in relationships, I know people's names, I talk to their kids, I make them feel like they are at home. I make a pretty solid burger, I'll put my bar food against anybody's but I'm not a chef and there is always someone doing it different or better. There are very few that work the crowd better than me and there are very few that will try harder to make sure you enjoy the visit more than I will. I'm a pretty easy owner to access because I am here every day and given the chance to fix things I fix things. If people dont want their problem fixed and just to gripe on the internet about it I really dont want them as a customer anyway. Alot of operators are kinda done with kissing the arse of malcontents. They just dont have time to grease the squeaky wheels, it's easier to spend your time finding guests that like what you offer and it's probably a better use of your time as well.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide