texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Marine Center Too, mmburley, OLDREELCOLLECTORS.COM, Jacob Gallagher, jsstewart1970@outlook.com
117606 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 110,880
hopalong 108,512
Bigbob_FTW 84,557
John175☮ 83,045
Pilothawk 82,404
Derek 🐝 67,856
JDavis7873 67,414
Mark Perry 67,082
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics1,145,898
Posts15,630,843
Members142,606
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#NoScope- RR 9/16 #14132271 09/17/21 12:52 AM
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 282
T
TryHard Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
T
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 282
Looking forward to having livescope one day, but until then we’ll just have to make do. This was a 2.5 hour trip after work today. We left them biting so my buddy didn’t have to drive home in the dark. Best spot was in 11 fow on a lay down log. Finished up fishing brush in 14 fow. All spots were on main lake flats. Water temps 85, still on minnows.
[Linked Image]

Last thing-

I’m hating the bonehead jigs right now. I went back to them today for the first time in months and I immediately started having issues. 10lb braid with a polomar knot and the line kept slipping out of a gap in the eye of the hook. I tried 3 different jigs, 2 different sizes and it kept happening. My redneck jigs never have that problem. I don’t want to bad mouth products, but I would stay far away from these jigs.

Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: TryHard] #14132321 09/17/21 01:19 AM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2,023
K
K.G Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
K
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2,023
Nice Haul Man , Some Really Big Slab's There.thumb


P.B. Blue = 43.5 lb.
Lake Tawakoni, Texas.
January 2, 2012
Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: TryHard] #14132332 09/17/21 01:25 AM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,137
David Welcher Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,137
Sweeeet

Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: TryHard] #14132390 09/17/21 02:25 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 351
E
Esnow74 Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
E
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 351
I have had the same issues with a few jig makers. Once I started using a 10# fluorocarbon leader, the problem is not nearly as bad as with braid. I still have it happen occasionally but not too often.

Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: TryHard] #14132401 09/17/21 02:40 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,189
C
Crappie Husband Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,189
I’m looking at that big ol’ mess of fish and the first thing that comes to mind is thinking I sure am glad I don’t have to clean all those. nuts


-Kyle Campbell-
Blue Wave 2000 Pure Bay
Predator PDL
Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: TryHard] #14132410 09/17/21 02:52 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 191
J
JSouther Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 191
Good catch what lake? Did you weigh any of those big ones?

Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: Crappie Husband] #14132444 09/17/21 03:53 AM
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 282
T
TryHard Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
T
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 282
Originally Posted by Crappie Husband
I’m looking at that big ol’ mess of fish and the first thing that comes to mind is thinking I sure am glad I don’t have to clean all those. nuts

I’m 1/2 way done…
[Linked Image]

Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: TryHard] #14132457 09/17/21 04:10 AM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,705
J
Jon Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
J
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,705
Originally Posted by TryHard
Looking forward to having livescope one day, but until then we’ll just have to make do. This was a 2.5 hour trip after work today. We left them biting so my buddy didn’t have to drive home in the dark. Best spot was in 11 fow on a lay down log. Finished up fishing brush in 14 fow. All spots were on main lake flats. Water temps 85, still on minnows.
[Linked Image]

Last thing-

I’m hating the bonehead jigs right now. I went back to them today for the first time in months and I immediately started having issues. 10lb braid with a polomar knot and the line kept slipping out of a gap in the eye of the hook. I tried 3 different jigs, 2 different sizes and it kept happening. My redneck jigs never have that problem. I don’t want to bad mouth products, but I would stay far away from these jigs.

Nice mess of slabs! Have you tried just taking your needle nose plyers and mashing that ring eye gap to close up the space? I can remember doing this on various jig hooks including my own hand poured using matzuo sickle jig hooks. Seems like it solved the problem.

Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: TryHard] #14132547 09/17/21 11:50 AM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 367
J
jasonslabseeker Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
J
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 367
clap


John 21:3-8
Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: TryHard] #14132723 09/17/21 02:03 PM
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 4,283
P
pop r Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
P
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 4,283
Awesome catch and a solid post! bow_down

Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: pop r] #14132738 09/17/21 02:11 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 69,396
banker-always fishing Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 69,396
Originally Posted by pop r
Awesome catch and a solid post! bow_down





Plus #1. thumb


[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: TryHard] #14132844 09/17/21 03:30 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,870
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
J
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,870
Beautiful,...what lake..? hooked

Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: Jon] #14132907 09/17/21 03:58 PM
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 282
T
TryHard Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
T
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 282
Originally Posted by Jon
Nice mess of slabs! Have you tried just taking your needle nose plyers and mashing that ring eye gap to close up the space? I can remember doing this on various jig hooks including my own hand poured using matzuo sickle jig hooks. Seems like it solved the problem.


I’d rather just buy jigs that don’t have the problem in the first place, but if I ever run out of other options I will give this a try. Good thinking- Thanks 👍

Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: JSouther] #14132985 09/17/21 04:46 PM
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 282
T
TryHard Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
T
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 282
Originally Posted by pop r
Awesome catch and a solid post! bow_down

cheers

Originally Posted by JIM SR.
Beautiful,...what lake..? hooked

Ray Roberts.

Originally Posted by JSouther
Good catch what lake? Did you weigh any of those big ones?

It has to be a giant for me to weigh a Crappie. We had some quality fish in the mix, but no giants.

Re: #NoScope- RR 9/16 [Re: banker-always fishing] #14133110 09/17/21 06:07 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,177
F
F4 Gator Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
F
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,177
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Originally Posted by pop r
Awesome catch and a solid post! bow_down





Plus #1. thumb


Plus 2 thumb


[Linked Image]

Phormer Phantom Phlyer
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3