Print Thread
Where did they go yesterday? #14019494 06/03/21 02:13 PM
I
iFloat Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
I
Tuesday was overcast 15mph wind. Went to normal spots on Lavon, caught em every cast on anchor lock not moving for a couple hours.

Yesterday, Wednesday, was sunny 5mph wind from east . Couldn't find em, caught 1 fish in 5 hours. Tried all the "spots" I know. Different sides of the windblown points, different depths from 27-42 ft. The lake is heavily flooded, same as Tuesday, maybe a bit higher.

I took buddies with me yesterday and struck out, not a good feeling cause I wanted em to have some fun.

Next time I can't find the white bass in the "usual" spots. where do you guys look next?

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14020012 06/03/21 09:55 PM
R
RespectTheFish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
I bet the flooding and weather has them off. Barometric pressure could have been off too. Theres an old saying "winds from the east, fish bite the least" and I have seen that to usually set the stage for the trip. When I realize it is going to be "one of those days", I just move fast and furious and if I can't locate an active school in a few hours to maybe three hours, it is just time to go home and do something else.

Clay
Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14020594 06/04/21 12:36 PM
gborg Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by iFloat
Tuesday was overcast 15mph wind. Went to normal spots on Lavon, caught em every cast on anchor lock not moving for a couple hours.

Yesterday, Wednesday, was sunny 5mph wind from east . Couldn't find em, caught 1 fish in 5 hours. Tried all the "spots" I know. Different sides of the windblown points, different depths from 27-42 ft. The lake is heavily flooded, same as Tuesday, maybe a bit higher.

I took buddies with me yesterday and struck out, not a good feeling cause I wanted em to have some fun.

Next time I can't find the white bass in the "usual" spots. where do you guys look next?

We need more detail of what " normal spots " are to you ! As Clay stated , " huge barometric pressure swings adversely affect the bite. The fish will bite on any given lake some time of the day . With that being said, finding those biting fish can and is tuff. Are you a site fisherman or structure directed angler ?

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14020763 06/04/21 02:44 PM
I
iFloat Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
I
I'm referring to 25-40ft depth. Wind blown points on Lake lavon. All the popular spots where people are catching white bass with slabs.

Problem was there was no wind, or it had shifted. They were not schooled up where they "usually" are. The water temp shot up as well. we're seeing 80degree water now.

I'm just curious on days where they are not schooled where they usually are, where do they go? Are they shallow, or just dispersed, or back in the mouth of the creeks, or... ?

I appreciate your help. Good luck to yall this weekend.

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14020900 06/04/21 04:36 PM
D
daddyflea Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Man I can't help you I fished hard and only caught 5. Caught 40 keepers day before.

I'm referring to 25-40ft depth. Wind blown points on Lake lavon. All the popular spots where people are catching white bass with slabs.

Problem was there was no wind, or it had shifted. They were not schooled up where they "usually" are. The water temp shot up as well. we're seeing 80degree water now.

I'm just curious on days where they are not schooled where they usually are, where do they go? Are they shallow, or just dispersed, or back in the mouth of the creeks, or... ?

I appreciate your help. Good luck to yall this weekend.

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14021185 06/04/21 09:13 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Y
Going to Ray Hubbard after work today last time i got 14 dinks on Little George

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: YEE_YEE] #14021208 06/04/21 09:48 PM
Y
YEE_YEE Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Online Confused
TFF Celebrity
Y
nevermind my fishing buddy backed out again cant wait til my lowes stinger175 comes in this fall

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14021624 06/05/21 01:45 PM
K
KidKrappie Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
Air pressure really had nothing to do with the change IMO. It was all about conditions. One day was cloudy and windy and the other day was sunny and no wind. That is going to have the fish positioned completely different in different places than the day before. I feel that days of light winds and sun, they are spread out or are in places you would not think to look. Wind tends to position the fish on certain places and when that wind is not there, they wont be there.

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: KidKrappie] #14022513 06/06/21 02:17 PM
gborg Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Air pressure really had nothing to do with the change IMO. It was all about conditions. One day was cloudy and windy and the other day was sunny and no wind. That is going to have the fish positioned completely different in different places than the day before. I feel that days of light winds and sun, they are spread out or are in places you would not think to look. Wind tends to position the fish on certain places and when that wind is not there, they wont be there.

That simply underscores the original question ! And yes drastic pressure changes do affect the fish swim bladder ! I find fish in the trees upon rising pressure falling pressure they scatter out and are much harder to find . They are in same areas, but in a lot of cases stuck to the bottom . Add thermocline with falling pressure . I target another specie .

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: gborg] #14022849 06/06/21 09:48 PM
K
KidKrappie Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by gborg
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2

That simply underscores the original question ! And yes drastic pressure changes do affect the fish swim bladder ! I find fish in the trees upon rising pressure falling pressure they scatter out and are much harder to find . They are in same areas, but in a lot of cases stuck to the bottom . Add thermocline with falling pressure . I target another specie .

I don't buy into the barometric pressure thing myself. I feel like the conditions themselves make the fish move and they just werent there like they were the time before. To each their own though cheers

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14027312 06/10/21 04:14 PM
L
lenahorse Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
L
Yesterday was an honest 200 plus day for us on Tawakoni I got to trying baits to see what they would not bite. There were a few that got zero hits I admit casted Pat slabs and Mepps were the go to with several 9 for 9 casts I could not get a 10/10 though, different areas really produced larger and smaller fish. the slower retrieves worked much better for me, they were hugging the bottom mostly it seemed.

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14028290 06/11/21 07:25 AM
D
DAN-O Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Sometimes they want the presentation vertical Luke jigging spoons, humdingers, little George’s, etc…
Other days they won’t sniff vertical, but trolling a hell-pet will wear you out reeling them in. If they are thick on the graph…one of those two presentations should work.

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14028521 06/11/21 02:40 PM
S
SeaPro-Todd Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S

They swam down to Ray Hubbard. Lavon is closest to me but...

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide