texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
DFWLipRipper, CurtisKeller, Mike Barker, nebass97, Fishing243
115381 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 102,438
hopalong 97,127
Pilothawk 80,885
John175☮ 79,153
Bigbob_FTW 73,951
JDavis7873 67,402
Derek 🐝 66,645
Mark Perry 62,869
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,149,416
Posts15,714,019
Members140,381
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Where did they go yesterday? #14019494 06/03/21 02:13 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 312
I
iFloat Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
I
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 312
Tuesday was overcast 15mph wind. Went to normal spots on Lavon, caught em every cast on anchor lock not moving for a couple hours.

Yesterday, Wednesday, was sunny 5mph wind from east . Couldn't find em, caught 1 fish in 5 hours. Tried all the "spots" I know. Different sides of the windblown points, different depths from 27-42 ft. The lake is heavily flooded, same as Tuesday, maybe a bit higher.

I took buddies with me yesterday and struck out, not a good feeling cause I wanted em to have some fun.

Next time I can't find the white bass in the "usual" spots. where do you guys look next?

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14020012 06/03/21 09:55 PM
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 893
R
RespectTheFish Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
R
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 893
I bet the flooding and weather has them off. Barometric pressure could have been off too. Theres an old saying "winds from the east, fish bite the least" and I have seen that to usually set the stage for the trip. When I realize it is going to be "one of those days", I just move fast and furious and if I can't locate an active school in a few hours to maybe three hours, it is just time to go home and do something else.


Clay


RespectTheFish Guide Service on Facebook
RespectTheFish Youtube Channel
www.respectthefishguideservice.com
Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14020594 06/04/21 12:36 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,700
gborg Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,700
Originally Posted by iFloat
Tuesday was overcast 15mph wind. Went to normal spots on Lavon, caught em every cast on anchor lock not moving for a couple hours.

Yesterday, Wednesday, was sunny 5mph wind from east . Couldn't find em, caught 1 fish in 5 hours. Tried all the "spots" I know. Different sides of the windblown points, different depths from 27-42 ft. The lake is heavily flooded, same as Tuesday, maybe a bit higher.

I took buddies with me yesterday and struck out, not a good feeling cause I wanted em to have some fun.

Next time I can't find the white bass in the "usual" spots. where do you guys look next?


We need more detail of what " normal spots " are to you ! As Clay stated , " huge barometric pressure swings adversely affect the bite. The fish will bite on any given lake some time of the day . With that being said, finding those biting fish can and is tuff. Are you a site fisherman or structure directed angler ?

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14020763 06/04/21 02:44 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 312
I
iFloat Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
I
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 312
I'm referring to 25-40ft depth. Wind blown points on Lake lavon. All the popular spots where people are catching white bass with slabs.

Problem was there was no wind, or it had shifted. They were not schooled up where they "usually" are. The water temp shot up as well. we're seeing 80degree water now.

I'm just curious on days where they are not schooled where they usually are, where do they go? Are they shallow, or just dispersed, or back in the mouth of the creeks, or... ?

I appreciate your help. Good luck to yall this weekend.

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14020900 06/04/21 04:36 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 94
D
daddyflea Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 94
Man I can't help you I fished hard and only caught 5. Caught 40 keepers day before.

Originally Posted by iFloat
I'm referring to 25-40ft depth. Wind blown points on Lake lavon. All the popular spots where people are catching white bass with slabs.

Problem was there was no wind, or it had shifted. They were not schooled up where they "usually" are. The water temp shot up as well. we're seeing 80degree water now.

I'm just curious on days where they are not schooled where they usually are, where do they go? Are they shallow, or just dispersed, or back in the mouth of the creeks, or... ?

I appreciate your help. Good luck to yall this weekend.

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14021185 06/04/21 09:13 PM
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 21
J
jawga Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 21
Going to Ray Hubbard after work today last time i got 14 dinks on Little George

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: jawga] #14021208 06/04/21 09:48 PM
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 21
J
jawga Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 21
nevermind my fishing buddy backed out again cant wait til my lowes stinger175 comes in this fall

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14021624 06/05/21 01:45 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,262
F
fishin'aholic2 Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
F
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,262
Air pressure really had nothing to do with the change IMO. It was all about conditions. One day was cloudy and windy and the other day was sunny and no wind. That is going to have the fish positioned completely different in different places than the day before. I feel that days of light winds and sun, they are spread out or are in places you would not think to look. Wind tends to position the fish on certain places and when that wind is not there, they wont be there.

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: fishin'aholic2] #14022513 06/06/21 02:17 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,700
gborg Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,700
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Air pressure really had nothing to do with the change IMO. It was all about conditions. One day was cloudy and windy and the other day was sunny and no wind. That is going to have the fish positioned completely different in different places than the day before. I feel that days of light winds and sun, they are spread out or are in places you would not think to look. Wind tends to position the fish on certain places and when that wind is not there, they wont be there.


That simply underscores the original question ! And yes drastic pressure changes do affect the fish swim bladder ! I find fish in the trees upon rising pressure falling pressure they scatter out and are much harder to find . They are in same areas, but in a lot of cases stuck to the bottom . Add thermocline with falling pressure . I target another specie .

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: gborg] #14022849 06/06/21 09:48 PM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,262
F
fishin'aholic2 Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
F
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 15,262
Originally Posted by gborg
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Air pressure really had nothing to do with the change IMO. It was all about conditions. One day was cloudy and windy and the other day was sunny and no wind. That is going to have the fish positioned completely different in different places than the day before. I feel that days of light winds and sun, they are spread out or are in places you would not think to look. Wind tends to position the fish on certain places and when that wind is not there, they wont be there.


That simply underscores the original question ! And yes drastic pressure changes do affect the fish swim bladder ! I find fish in the trees upon rising pressure falling pressure they scatter out and are much harder to find . They are in same areas, but in a lot of cases stuck to the bottom . Add thermocline with falling pressure . I target another specie .


I don't buy into the barometric pressure thing myself. I feel like the conditions themselves make the fish move and they just werent there like they were the time before. To each their own though cheers

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14027312 06/10/21 04:14 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,313
L
lenahorse Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
L
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,313
Yesterday was an honest 200 plus day for us on Tawakoni I got to trying baits to see what they would not bite. There were a few that got zero hits I admit casted Pat slabs and Mepps were the go to with several 9 for 9 casts I could not get a 10/10 though, different areas really produced larger and smaller fish. the slower retrieves worked much better for me, they were hugging the bottom mostly it seemed.

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14028290 06/11/21 07:25 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,818
D
DAN-O Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
D
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,818
Sometimes they want the presentation vertical Luke jigging spoons, humdingers, little George’s, etc…
Other days they won’t sniff vertical, but trolling a hell-pet will wear you out reeling them in. If they are thick on the graph…one of those two presentations should work.

Re: Where did they go yesterday? [Re: iFloat] #14028521 06/11/21 02:40 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,719
S
SeaPro-Todd Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,719
Originally Posted by iFloat
Tuesday was overcast 15mph wind. Went to normal spots on Lavon, caught em every cast on anchor lock not moving for a couple hours.

Yesterday, Wednesday, was sunny 5mph wind from east . Couldn't find em, caught 1 fish in 5 hours. Tried all the "spots" I know. Different sides of the windblown points, different depths from 27-42 ft. The lake is heavily flooded, same as Tuesday, maybe a bit higher.

I took buddies with me yesterday and struck out, not a good feeling cause I wanted em to have some fun.

Next time I can't find the white bass in the "usual" spots. where do you guys look next?

They swam down to Ray Hubbard. Lavon is closest to me but...

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3