921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
Ugh. 7 pages. Can someone summarize?

if it passes everyone will die.

I guess the last one standing dies of suicide. never did get that people think a gun kills people. guns don't kill, people shoot guns and kill people

Re: Constitutional carry [Re: Tsunami_1] #13988974 05/07/21 11:52 AM
chickenman Offline
1:28
Originally Posted by Tsunami_1
Seeing the direction these posts are going I sure hope this law doesn't pass till some of you settle down a bit. If not it's going to be a bloody mess around here.

Was it a bloody mess in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming?

[Linked Image]
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: Mudshark] #13988979 05/07/21 11:56 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Mudshark
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by Mudshark
I should be more excited about this than I am . It almost seems to be more about optics than anything. People who want to carry already do, the ones who didn’t before now, for the most part still won’t. Some newbies will start for about two weeks until they see what a pain in the [censored] it really is and will stop doing it. The unintended consequence is every car that is broken into will now have a gun stolen from it.

Not a good reason to trample on the constitution, IMO.

How am I trampling on the constitution? All I said is the new people walking around with a gun will suddenly figure out what a pain it is and they will end up leaving them in the car to get stolen.

I was just referring to the unintended consequence excuse. You didn't. flag

Re: Constitutional carry [Re: drift4fish] #13988981 05/07/21 11:57 AM
Uncle Zeek Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Online Happy
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted by drift4fish
You don't have to tell a cop you are carrying if you are pulled over, even if you have your CCW. If you do tell him/her that you have a firearm in the vehicle they do have the right to confiscate it for the duration of the stop. In Colorado there is no law that says you have to offer up your CCW either but they will
know once they run your plates, which is probably before they even approach the vehicle. I have only been pulled over once in the last 5 years and he had
me at 15 over. I handed him my CCW and said "this is in respect of you". I'll be damned if he didn't give me a warning and let me go. Nice and respectful goes
a long way.

Yes, in Texas you do. The moment that the officer asks to see your identification during that traffic stop, you have to also provide your LTC if you are armed. I don't know what the rules are in Colorado.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/GV/htm/GV.411.htm#411.205

Sec. 411.205. REQUIREMENT TO DISPLAY LICENSE. If a license holder is carrying a handgun on or about the license holder's person when a magistrate or a peace officer demands that the license holder display identification, the license holder shall display both the license holder's driver's license or identification certificate issued by the department and the license holder's handgun license.

Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 10.01(a), eff. Sept. 1, 1997. Amended by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 62, Sec. 9.17(a), eff. Sept. 1, 1999.

Amended by:

Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 1146 (H.B. 2730), Sec. 12A.02, eff. September 1, 2009.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: chickenman] #13988984 05/07/21 11:59 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by chickenman
Seeing the direction these posts are going I sure hope this law doesn't pass till some of you settle down a bit. If not it's going to be a bloody mess around here.

Was it a bloody mess in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming?

oh there you go trying to bring reason into this conversation.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: chickenman] #13988991 05/07/21 12:02 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
Do we have to attack donothin just because he has like a different viewpoint?

Where are these attacks located?

There is nothing, nothing at all, about constitutional carry that will negatively impact his life, freedoms, or liberties yet he was sure to inform everyone that our support of a constitutional right is "stupid is as stupid does".

So where is the attack again?

Agreed his argument is a poor one. So he is against it. That's all I took away from his side of this debate. No facts, no references, nothing persuasive. He feels its "stupid". Not much to that.

The response, or counter point. Is just as weak if not weaker as it does not even state a position just uses incendiary comments and remarks. Its just sh** talking basically.

I would like to see people actually take a stance on an issue and speak to why they feel that way. Versus "this is stupid", "well you're an idiot and liar". Calling names is an attack its not an exchange of ideas.

Re: Constitutional carry [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13988992 05/07/21 12:03 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

There is nothing, nothing at all, about constitutional carry that will negatively impact his life, freedoms, or liberties yet he was sure to inform everyone that our support of a constitutional right is "stupid is as stupid does".

Agreed his argument is a poor one. So he is against it. That's all I took away from his side of this debate. No facts, no references, nothing persuasive. He feels its "stupid". Not much to that.

The response, or counter point. Is just as weak if not weaker as it does not even state a position just uses incendiary comments and remarks. Its just sh** talking basically.

I would like to see people actually take a stance on an issue and speak to why they feel that way. Versus "this is stupid", "well you're an idiot and liar". Calling names is an attack its not an exchange of ideas.

no one is looking to exchange ideas with that idiot.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13988993 05/07/21 12:04 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

no one is looking to exchange ideas with that idiot.

Ok. That was funny. cheers

Re: Constitutional carry [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13988997 05/07/21 12:09 PM
chickenman Offline
I would like to see people actually take a stance on an issue and speak to why they feel that way.

Well, thats pretty much what was going on....with exception of a few comments.

Its just sh** talking basically.

Thats a large % of what goes on in the OT regardless of the topic.

Regardless of your position, I hope each and every one one of you have the very best day of your life....because when this bill passes, it will be a bloody mess in the streets so I am told.

[Linked Image]
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13989010 05/07/21 12:25 PM
D
drift4fish Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
You don't have to tell a cop you are carrying if you are pulled over, even if you have your CCW. If you do tell him/her that you have a firearm in the vehicle they do have the right to confiscate it for the duration of the stop. In Colorado there is no law that says you have to offer up your CCW either but they will
know once they run your plates, which is probably before they even approach the vehicle. I have only been pulled over once in the last 5 years and he had
me at 15 over. I handed him my CCW and said "this is in respect of you". I'll be damned if he didn't give me a warning and let me go. Nice and respectful goes
a long way.

Yes, in Texas you do. The moment that the officer asks to see your identification during that traffic stop, you have to also provide your LTC if you are armed. I don't know what the rules are in Colorado.

Sec. 411.205. REQUIREMENT TO DISPLAY LICENSE. If a license holder is carrying a handgun on or about the license holder's person when a magistrate or a peace officer demands that the license holder display identification, the license holder shall display both the license holder's driver's license or identification certificate issued by the department and the license holder's handgun license.

Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 10.01(a), eff. Sept. 1, 1997. Amended by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 62, Sec. 9.17(a), eff. Sept. 1, 1999.

Amended by:

Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 1146 (H.B. 2730), Sec. 12A.02, eff. September 1, 2009.

I'm certainly not wanting to argue with anyone here, my point was, as soon as you tell the LE that you are carrying, he/she can disarm you for
the duration of the stop. The law you just quoted specifically says, "
If a license holder is carrying a handgun on or about the license holder's person when a magistrate or a peace officer demands that the license holder display identification, the license holder shall display both the license holder's driver's license or identification certificate issued by the department and the license holder's handgun license.
. What if you have your LTC but you are not carrying? Do you still have to show the LE the DOC? Seems to me, as soon as you present the LTC you are
saying that you have a firearm on you. If LE asks me if I have a firearm in my vehicle, I'm telling them I have no duty to tell them either way. I don't know the
laws in other states and can only speak of Colorado and the 4th amendment. As a law abiding citizen, I have very little interaction with the PoPo.

Liberalism is a mental disorder
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: basscat87] #13989013 05/07/21 12:30 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco

[Linked Image]

Re: Constitutional carry [Re: basscat87] #13989021 05/07/21 12:33 PM
D
drift4fish Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Another point and I can only speak of my state but your vehicle falls under the castle doctrine. You do not need a CCW/ LTC to have
a firearm in your glove box of a vehicle or anywhere in that vehicle. It it were on your person and you got out of the vehicle and it was
concealed you would need a permit,

I remember an incident in Texas when open carry was against the law. A guy gets pulled over and the driver is out of the truck. The cop
asks him for something so he reaches into the truck and as he was bending and reaching, his jacket rode up and exposed his concealed
carry. The cop arrested/cited him for open carry.

Liberalism is a mental disorder
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: drift4fish] #13989023 05/07/21 12:34 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
a long way.

Amended by:

I'm certainly not wanting to argue with anyone here, my point was, as soon as you tell the LE that you are carrying, he/she can disarm you for
If a license holder is carrying a handgun on or about the license holder's person when a magistrate or a peace officer demands that the license holder display identification, the license holder shall display both the license holder's driver's license or identification certificate issued by the department and the license holder's handgun license.
. What if you have your LTC but you are not carrying? Do you still have to show the LE the DOC? Seems to me, as soon as you present the LTC you are
saying that you have a firearm on you. If LE asks me if I have a firearm in my vehicle, I'm telling them I have no duty to tell them either way. I don't know the
laws in other states and can only speak of Colorado and the 4th amendment. As a law abiding citizen, I have very little interaction with the PoPo.

legal heat is a great app to tell you about laws in each state

Re: Constitutional carry [Re: drift4fish] #13989030 05/07/21 12:45 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
a long way.

Amended by:

if carrying in Okieland you would go to jail if you failed to inform, cops discretion but they don't play with that one.
the only time I have been pulled over while carrying was on 82 in whitesboro, I had both hands on the wheel, wallet in lap, window down and first words out of my mouth were "sir, I have a carry weapon on me, what would you like me to do". had it in small of back and it stayed there all thru the stop, due to my stupidity in a school zone (I missed a new sign, 55 in a 35. had the cdl still and that constituted felony speeding, he reminded me as well) all went well and I got a warning and sent on my way.

when I lived up there (20 yrs.) it was constitutional carry for open carry, concealed needed a license, when I was guiding I regularly had a pistol on when in durango or pagosa, no one gave a rats behind. now, no way would I push my luck with what the kalifornicators have done to the state.

footnote: one of the anti gun people up there would probably shoot me for open carrying a pistol. just sayin. grin

Last edited by hopalong; 05/07/21 12:49 PM.
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: chickenman] #13989049 05/07/21 12:57 PM
rj74955 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Just need Texas and Florida on that list. For freedom to continue to ring it has to include these, especially Texas.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide