S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by WAWI
Looks like the big problem was all those rangers plowing water lol

Haha. Yeh...they just need that “rapid planing system” that the Nitros claim.....or maybe they do. bolt

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma [Re: WAWI] #13976048 04/27/21 07:29 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by WAWI
Looks like the big problem was all those rangers plowing water lol

roflmao

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma [Re: SC-001] #13976586 04/28/21 01:42 AM
I
Ironworker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I
There was only 1 boat that stayed out all day fishing and it was me. I have a 520L and we ran 65 in the morning and the worst part of the day was 11am ran from temple to echo and doing 64 and it was not that bad. It seems as on here as was with the locals at mead that where not fishing it that had the negative things to say. This was not at all the worst weather tournament I have fished. 2-3years ago and 5 years ago for won bass u s open was worse. Fished a Wild West that was probably the worst ever. Can remember one on amistad that had me thinking what heck are you doing out here. But in life we all make decisions and it’s was totally up to each team on weather to fish or not. There was people there that did not have the skill to drive a boat but heck should they canceled all the tournaments “legit Britt” fishes cause he can’t drive a boat and wrecks? We ran all over the lake and was out cell reception and even if would have heard phone ring we would never even look cause we where fishing not working.
They sent out text message that park service was going to let them go ahead and if you felt uncomfortable they would give you a refund and get you into another tournament. This is by far the best tournament any one could fish. I would have not liked to be in the TD shoes to call it. The amount of money spent to put this on was unreal for a bunch average fishermen. It was not one trailer and some banners. Light plants everywhere stages big tents and over 50 bass pro employees working to put this on, they went all out for the fishermen heck they where even handing out invasive species stickers so guys did not have to go get them from parks and wildlife and I would like to know who else would put a tournament on that would make the classic look bad just for customers of Johnny boats. I hope I get to go to Table Rock cause if He went out this well for just a qualifier I could image what it will be like.
For every fishermen weather you like his boats or not this tournament at mead showed me He is a marketing genius. The number of first time bass tournament entries and just to hear the excitement from their voice and they are hooked and that’s good for all of use in every market of bass fishing. I know there will be guys who when time for a different boat will get one just to get the opportunity to fish this and if what ever a person can afford is what they need to fish out of.

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma [Re: SC-001] #13976606 04/28/21 01:53 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Thanks for the report Ironworker. These things seem first class all around, and that seems to hurt the bps/johnny haters. I hope I get to compete later this year.

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma [Re: Ironworker] #13976626 04/28/21 02:05 AM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
Originally Posted by Ironworker
There was only 1 boat that stayed out all day fishing and it was me. I have a 520L and we ran 65 in the morning and the worst part of the day was 11am ran from temple to echo and doing 64 and it was not that bad. It seems as on here as was with the locals at mead that where not fishing it that had the negative things to say. This was not at all the worst weather tournament I have fished. 2-3years ago and 5 years ago for won bass u s open was worse. Fished a Wild West that was probably the worst ever. Can remember one on amistad that had me thinking what heck are you doing out here. But in life we all make decisions and it’s was totally up to each team on weather to fish or not. There was people there that did not have the skill to drive a boat but heck should they canceled all the tournaments “legit Britt” fishes cause he can’t drive a boat and wrecks? We ran all over the lake and was out cell reception and even if would have heard phone ring we would never even look cause we where fishing not working.
They sent out text message that park service was going to let them go ahead and if you felt uncomfortable they would give you a refund and get you into another tournament. This is by far the best tournament any one could fish. I would have not liked to be in the TD shoes to call it. The amount of money spent to put this on was unreal for a bunch average fishermen. It was not one trailer and some banners. Light plants everywhere stages big tents and over 50 bass pro employees working to put this on, they went all out for the fishermen heck they where even handing out invasive species stickers so guys did not have to go get them from parks and wildlife and I would like to know who else would put a tournament on that would make the classic look bad just for customers of Johnny boats. I hope I get to go to Table Rock cause if He went out this well for just a qualifier I could image what it will be like.
For every fishermen weather you like his boats or not this tournament at mead showed me He is a marketing genius. The number of first time bass tournament entries and just to hear the excitement from their voice and they are hooked and that’s good for all of use in every market of bass fishing. I know there will be guys who when time for a different boat will get one just to get the opportunity to fish this and if what ever a person can afford is what they need to fish out of.

Was amistad bass champs spring of 07? That was a windy day

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma [Re: Ironworker] #13976641 04/28/21 02:14 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma [Re: Ironworker] #13976659 04/28/21 02:26 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L

hmmm your post count tells me this is damage control, that takeoff was beyond stupid and dangerous you can't argue that, if they want a fatality in the near future they can keep doing it that way...

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 04/28/21 02:27 AM.
Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13976673 04/28/21 02:41 AM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

hmmm your post count tells me this is damage control, that takeoff was beyond stupid and dangerous you can't argue that, if they want a fatality in the near future they can keep doing it that way...

All the trails do this when it’s trailer wether it’s intentional or not. I have been in shotgun starts in Texas team trails, I have been in shotgun starts in bass champs tournaments. All top notch trails that prob don’t intend it to turn into a shotgun start but they do. It’s the fishermen’s discretion giving their level of skill, immaturity and balls to participate in it or not. I don’t really have a problem with it. Much better than coffee in the morning.... hell at least it was light. Last one I did this year was 150 boats and pitch black running timber with a spotlight lol.

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma [Re: SC-001] #13976676 04/28/21 02:43 AM
I
Ironworker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I
Take off be only thing I would change but I waited till end so would not get ran over or worse some one cut in front of me. But then again we all make decisions and told partner we waiting 5-10min is nothing.
It was a February tournament one of the last ones that honey hole put on I believe or that league that was around for couples years after honey hole stop the west Texas stuff.Thinking back we fished a toc honey hole at Richland chambers that was worse than bass pro at mead

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13976680 04/28/21 02:45 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
[quote=Ironworker]There was only 1 boat that stayed out all day fishing and it was me. I have a 520L and we ran 65 in the morning and the worst part of the day was 11am ran from temple to echo and doing 64 and it was not that bad. It seems as on here as was with the locals at mead that where not fishing it that had the negative things to say. This was not at all the worst weather tournament I have fished. 2-3years ago and 5 years ago for won bass u s open was worse. Fished a Wild West that was probably the worst ever. Can remember one on amistad that had me thinking what heck are you doing out here. But in life we all make decisions and it’s was totally up to each team on weather to fish or not. There was people there that did not have the skill to drive a boat but heck should they canceled all the tournaments “legit Britt” fishes cause he can’t drive a boat and wrecks? We ran all over the lake and was out cell reception and even if would have heard phone ring we would never even look cause we where fishing not working.

hmmm your post count tells me this is damage control, that takeoff was beyond stupid and dangerous you can't argue that, if they want a fatality in the near future they can keep doing it that way...[/quote

Lmao. What a joke

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma [Re: SC-001] #13976715 04/28/21 03:19 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Guys with brains, will either be first to go or last to go. Only crazy people would be in the middle of that mess.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide