Texas Fishing Forum

Johnny Morris US Open karma

Posted By: SC-001

Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 01:57 AM

Sounds like it was a cluster today on lake Mead with the wind, I can only think this is karma for holding a tournament that's not the US open and WON bass asked you not to call it that yet you give them the middle finger and and go ahead and call your tournament that name.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 02:29 AM

They are just trying to sell more boats! sarcastic
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 02:45 AM

At the end of the day he is still Johnny Morris, he has more change in the sofa than anyone involved with WON for a total net worth. It's not karma, just mother nature....
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 02:48 AM

Reports are that 3 boats capsized so the tournament was cancelled by lake authorities and tournament officials were told to alert all contestants and get them off the lake. I would not wish that bad juju on anyone.

Reports seem to be the Ray Roberts event was well put together and ran well. I bet this one gets redone and all is well.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Reports are that 3 boats capsized so the tournament was cancelled by lake authorities and tournament officials were told to alert all contestants and get them off the lake. I would not wish that bad juju on anyone.

Reports seem to be the Ray Roberts event was well put together and ran well. I bet this one gets redone and all is well.

Looks like a wild start

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.j.junior.5/posts/10106245731386203
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by bockscar

Looks like a wild start

Roberts was the same way shotgun start at a handful of boat ramps.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 03:23 AM

Looks like a wild start

What geniuses are running this, is it true some teams fished a full day only to find out the tournaments permit had been pulled by 8am?

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 03:31 AM

Looks like a wild start

Don't be silly man...just send it! sarcastic
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Looks like a wild start

What geniuses are running this, is it true some teams fished a full day only to find out the tournaments permit had been pulled by 8am?

I read that on facebook or somewhere. I guess some people didnt get service so even though the text was sent out pretty soon after launch, some had no reception and fished the day.....and then were told to dump their catch from my understanding. Word is 3 boats capsized....saw a pic of one and figure it was a nice new boat cuz it had a brand new merc...rest was under water tho
Posted By: buda13

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 10:47 AM

One can’t help but wonder if there was some validity to the folks saying Ray Roberts wasn’t postponed due to wind but rather due to setup not being finished on the stage.
Tough call as a TD at an event like this when you’re up against cancelling the entire thing. It’s not like this is just a weigh in on a tailgate in the ramp parking lot. Lot of folks out there with boats that don’t know how to drive them, to me you can’t put this on the tournament but rather the anglers that took on conditions beyond their abilities.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 11:41 AM

How does this "karma" affect Johnny Morris???... He wasn't there, didn't fish, and wasn't the tourney director... Looks like Ol' Johnny made a ton of money with 100+ boats sold... Dan

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
How does this "karma" affect Johnny Morris???... He wasn't there, didn't fish, and wasn't the tourney director... Looks like Ol' Johnny made a ton of money with 100+ boats sold... Dan

Id bet he was there. He was at Roberts.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 12:53 PM

Looks like a wild start

Reminds me of a Saturday morning at Squaw when the horn blows.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 01:06 PM

Course this is not the first time we have had weather at an event. It happens every year it seems across the nation.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 03:57 PM

Looks like the big problem was all those rangers plowing water lol
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

Haha. Yeh...they just need that “rapid planing system” that the Nitros claim.....or maybe they do. bolt
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/27/21 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

roflmao
Posted By: Ironworker

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/28/21 01:42 AM

There was only 1 boat that stayed out all day fishing and it was me. I have a 520L and we ran 65 in the morning and the worst part of the day was 11am ran from temple to echo and doing 64 and it was not that bad. It seems as on here as was with the locals at mead that where not fishing it that had the negative things to say. This was not at all the worst weather tournament I have fished. 2-3years ago and 5 years ago for won bass u s open was worse. Fished a Wild West that was probably the worst ever. Can remember one on amistad that had me thinking what heck are you doing out here. But in life we all make decisions and it’s was totally up to each team on weather to fish or not. There was people there that did not have the skill to drive a boat but heck should they canceled all the tournaments “legit Britt” fishes cause he can’t drive a boat and wrecks? We ran all over the lake and was out cell reception and even if would have heard phone ring we would never even look cause we where fishing not working.
They sent out text message that park service was going to let them go ahead and if you felt uncomfortable they would give you a refund and get you into another tournament. This is by far the best tournament any one could fish. I would have not liked to be in the TD shoes to call it. The amount of money spent to put this on was unreal for a bunch average fishermen. It was not one trailer and some banners. Light plants everywhere stages big tents and over 50 bass pro employees working to put this on, they went all out for the fishermen heck they where even handing out invasive species stickers so guys did not have to go get them from parks and wildlife and I would like to know who else would put a tournament on that would make the classic look bad just for customers of Johnny boats. I hope I get to go to Table Rock cause if He went out this well for just a qualifier I could image what it will be like.
For every fishermen weather you like his boats or not this tournament at mead showed me He is a marketing genius. The number of first time bass tournament entries and just to hear the excitement from their voice and they are hooked and that’s good for all of use in every market of bass fishing. I know there will be guys who when time for a different boat will get one just to get the opportunity to fish this and if what ever a person can afford is what they need to fish out of.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/28/21 01:53 AM

Thanks for the report Ironworker. These things seem first class all around, and that seems to hurt the bps/johnny haters. I hope I get to compete later this year.
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/28/21 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ironworker
There was only 1 boat that stayed out all day fishing and it was me. I have a 520L and we ran 65 in the morning and the worst part of the day was 11am ran from temple to echo and doing 64 and it was not that bad. It seems as on here as was with the locals at mead that where not fishing it that had the negative things to say. This was not at all the worst weather tournament I have fished. 2-3years ago and 5 years ago for won bass u s open was worse. Fished a Wild West that was probably the worst ever. Can remember one on amistad that had me thinking what heck are you doing out here. But in life we all make decisions and it’s was totally up to each team on weather to fish or not. There was people there that did not have the skill to drive a boat but heck should they canceled all the tournaments “legit Britt” fishes cause he can’t drive a boat and wrecks? We ran all over the lake and was out cell reception and even if would have heard phone ring we would never even look cause we where fishing not working.
They sent out text message that park service was going to let them go ahead and if you felt uncomfortable they would give you a refund and get you into another tournament. This is by far the best tournament any one could fish. I would have not liked to be in the TD shoes to call it. The amount of money spent to put this on was unreal for a bunch average fishermen. It was not one trailer and some banners. Light plants everywhere stages big tents and over 50 bass pro employees working to put this on, they went all out for the fishermen heck they where even handing out invasive species stickers so guys did not have to go get them from parks and wildlife and I would like to know who else would put a tournament on that would make the classic look bad just for customers of Johnny boats. I hope I get to go to Table Rock cause if He went out this well for just a qualifier I could image what it will be like.
For every fishermen weather you like his boats or not this tournament at mead showed me He is a marketing genius. The number of first time bass tournament entries and just to hear the excitement from their voice and they are hooked and that’s good for all of use in every market of bass fishing. I know there will be guys who when time for a different boat will get one just to get the opportunity to fish this and if what ever a person can afford is what they need to fish out of.

Was amistad bass champs spring of 07? That was a windy day

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/28/21 02:14 AM

cheers
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/28/21 02:26 AM

hmmm your post count tells me this is damage control, that takeoff was beyond stupid and dangerous you can't argue that, if they want a fatality in the near future they can keep doing it that way...

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/28/21 02:41 AM

hmmm your post count tells me this is damage control, that takeoff was beyond stupid and dangerous you can't argue that, if they want a fatality in the near future they can keep doing it that way...

All the trails do this when it’s trailer wether it’s intentional or not. I have been in shotgun starts in Texas team trails, I have been in shotgun starts in bass champs tournaments. All top notch trails that prob don’t intend it to turn into a shotgun start but they do. It’s the fishermen’s discretion giving their level of skill, immaturity and balls to participate in it or not. I don’t really have a problem with it. Much better than coffee in the morning.... hell at least it was light. Last one I did this year was 150 boats and pitch black running timber with a spotlight lol.
Posted By: Ironworker

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/28/21 02:43 AM

Take off be only thing I would change but I waited till end so would not get ran over or worse some one cut in front of me. But then again we all make decisions and told partner we waiting 5-10min is nothing.
It was a February tournament one of the last ones that honey hole put on I believe or that league that was around for couples years after honey hole stop the west Texas stuff.Thinking back we fished a toc honey hole at Richland chambers that was worse than bass pro at mead
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/28/21 02:45 AM

[quote=Ironworker]There was only 1 boat that stayed out all day fishing and it was me. I have a 520L and we ran 65 in the morning and the worst part of the day was 11am ran from temple to echo and doing 64 and it was not that bad. It seems as on here as was with the locals at mead that where not fishing it that had the negative things to say. This was not at all the worst weather tournament I have fished. 2-3years ago and 5 years ago for won bass u s open was worse. Fished a Wild West that was probably the worst ever. Can remember one on amistad that had me thinking what heck are you doing out here. But in life we all make decisions and it’s was totally up to each team on weather to fish or not. There was people there that did not have the skill to drive a boat but heck should they canceled all the tournaments “legit Britt” fishes cause he can’t drive a boat and wrecks? We ran all over the lake and was out cell reception and even if would have heard phone ring we would never even look cause we where fishing not working.

hmmm your post count tells me this is damage control, that takeoff was beyond stupid and dangerous you can't argue that, if they want a fatality in the near future they can keep doing it that way...[/quote

Lmao. What a joke
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Johnny Morris US Open karma - 04/28/21 03:19 AM

Guys with brains, will either be first to go or last to go. Only crazy people would be in the middle of that mess.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum