Re: Randys latest rant [Re: buda13] #13951233 04/07/21 06:32 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by buda13
I watched the whole thing, hard to disagree with much of anything the man said. In the last month I’ve been on Toledo, Rayburn, and Roberts when they have been busy as heck. Sure takes the fun out of fishing when it’s a boat show everywhere you go, prefishing tournament fishing or fun fishing.

But, we need to grow the sport.

Let's have a couple of 500 boat HS tournaments (on Rayburn) this weekend. Throw in a half a dozen other tourneys and folks pre-fishing for 20-25 tourneys in the coming weeks.

It's unreal.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Randys latest rant [Re: Bill Durham] #13951307 04/07/21 07:08 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Bill Durham
Randy, like all of the guys that have Youtube channels do have a day job.. and that is Youtube. He has to generate content to put on Youtube as often as possible to get a check from them. The more views he gets, the more money he makes. That is a totally separate thing from his tournament fishing, but that does provide content for his channel. I've watched several of his videos, and the ones that focus on fishing are pretty informative, but his whining and complaining about front facing sonar were more revealing about his lack of wanting to compete at the highest level than anything. I quit watching after that. I think he had a change of heart as I saw a tease of him spending 20k to re rig his boat, but I didn't watch the video. He needs to focus on fishing instead of complaining about his competition.
BD

You nailed it! At first it was....OK, I get it there are things to complain about and you got a platform.....but when you devolve to what he has, its clear he knows 100% what he is doing. Him using the word "rant" in his title more, the "april fools joke" are all calculated moves. My little cousin is a decent youtuber (nearing 100k subs) for gaming and i like to pick her brain.....the analytics the creators have access to shows them exactly what people clicked most on, how long they viewed...and of course income generated.

I can almost guarantee at this point he is just looking for ANYTHING to complain about just so he can get those clicks...cuz he knows a solid base of people will always click. Im not watching one more of his videos....and to me its hilarious how thick the irony is with some of his fans. Some of his fans are the same ones trashing the googans for not fishing and using clickbait.....exactly what RB is doing...but its cool since you kinda agree with it.

Dont watch his videos....maybe his tips ones, but dont be the sheep he hopes you are and fall for his BS and click on his videos. Guys been pro for 35+ years and is showing $737K in winnings.....thats 21k a year. Remember the thread about the guy leaving the trail early this year and all the "money problems" speculation? Well what do you think about randy's yearly average. Dude is no longer relavent and those sponsor dollars arent coming in like im sure they used too.....so hes forced to adapt. And kudos to him for doing it.....but kinda lame to do it the way he has....in my opinion.

Last edited by bockscar; 04/07/21 07:41 PM.
Re: Randys latest rant [Re: SC-001] #13951369 04/07/21 07:44 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by SC-001
Originally Posted by markson
My sweet spots have evolved from being just general areas to now being specific cast angles on structure. I can now fish behind other boats and still catch fish because 95% of them are just fan casting an area. I have also noticed that most of the time they are actually sitting right on top of the fish and casting away from them. After watching and seeing how they are fishing I can tell if I should move in right when they leave or just move on and come back later.

The guys that understand this I tip my hat to, to understand how fish set up and be able to visualize whats going on and how it looks under the water (although electronics are helping) most don't have the mental capacity to do it, I know I don't, its a special skill for sure. You listen to a guy like Frank Scalish on BTL just next level.

Missed this post yesterday. I really enjoy listening to Frank, he is gold. I enjoy the Ken Duke shows too, but it’s a completely different conversation.

Re: Randys latest rant [Re: grout-scout] #13951700 04/08/21 12:16 AM
S
SC-001 Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by SC-001
Originally Posted by markson
My sweet spots have evolved from being just general areas to now being specific cast angles on structure. I can now fish behind other boats and still catch fish because 95% of them are just fan casting an area. I have also noticed that most of the time they are actually sitting right on top of the fish and casting away from them. After watching and seeing how they are fishing I can tell if I should move in right when they leave or just move on and come back later.

The guys that understand this I tip my hat to, to understand how fish set up and be able to visualize whats going on and how it looks under the water (although electronics are helping) most don't have the mental capacity to do it, I know I don't, its a special skill for sure. You listen to a guy like Frank Scalish on BTL just next level.

Missed this post yesterday. I really enjoy listening to Frank, he is gold. I enjoy the Ken Duke shows too, but it’s a completely different conversation.

Ken Duke seems to be a little pompous a-holeish and comes off jealous of Frank and for that reason I don't care for that little man.

Re: Randys latest rant [Re: grout-scout] #13951716 04/08/21 12:26 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by Bill Durham
Randy, like all of the guys that have Youtube channels do have a day job.. and that is Youtube. He has to generate content to put on Youtube as often as possible to get a check from them. The more views he gets, the more money he makes. That is a totally separate thing from his tournament fishing, but that does provide content for his channel. I've watched several of his videos, and the ones that focus on fishing are pretty informative, but his whining and complaining about front facing sonar were more revealing about his lack of wanting to compete at the highest level than anything. I quit watching after that. I think he had a change of heart as I saw a tease of him spending 20k to re rig his boat, but I didn't watch the video. He needs to focus on fishing instead of complaining about his competition.
BD

That $20k video was an April’s Fools video, Randy poking some fun of himself and...getting a few views.

cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Randys latest rant [Re: SC-001] #13951741 04/08/21 12:43 AM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Well I have watched a bunch of his videos and from what I have seen, he modifies every bait that he uses because according to him if you don't you are just throwing what everyone else is using and the fish get used to it. Well maybe what everyone else is throwing is working because the majority of the competition does better than Randy. I guess that hasn't occurred to him yet. After I watched one that he said that he can determine the personality of an angler based on the shape of the bill on his cap, if it is flat or how much curve it has to it determines their personality. That was the last one I watched.

Re: Randys latest rant [Re: ezbassin] #13951804 04/08/21 01:21 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by ezbassin
Well I have watched a bunch of his videos and from what I have seen, he modifies every bait that he uses because according to him if you don't you are just throwing what everyone else is using and the fish get used to it. Well maybe what everyone else is throwing is working because the majority of the competition does better than Randy. I guess that hasn't occurred to him yet. After I watched one that he said that he can determine the personality of an angler based on the shape of the bill on his cap, if it is flat or how much curve it has to it determines their personality. That was the last one I watched.

He is past his prime for sure, he needs to learn from Jonny and adapt a bit.

Re: Randys latest rant [Re: ezbassin] #13951820 04/08/21 01:29 AM
J
JCBfromTHF Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by ezbassin
After I watched one that he said that he can determine the personality of an angler based on the shape of the bill on his cap, if it is flat or how much curve it has to it determines their personality. That was the last one I watched.

People dont like to be stereotyped, but like it or not it works probably 90% of the time.

I do a lot of bank fishing this time of year and I can usually tell you who knows what they are doing, who doesnt have a clue, who is gonna keep what they catch, who is going to release everything, etc, just by looking at them and what they have with them. I know our politically correct society does not want to admit that stereotyping works but it most certainly does majority of the time.

Re: Randys latest rant [Re: SC-001] #13960663 04/15/21 02:01 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Holy carp SMH

Re: Randys latest rant [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13960780 04/15/21 03:27 AM
P
Phoenix 920 Pro xp Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Holy carp SMH

so you think pulling bass off beds is good for them?

Last edited by Phoenix 920 Pro xp; 04/15/21 03:27 AM.
Re: Randys latest rant [Re: SC-001] #13960806 04/15/21 03:59 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Its not great but I'm no treehugger either, Genesis 1:26

Re: Randys latest rant [Re: SC-001] #13960824 04/15/21 05:38 AM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Way more get pulled off beds by bank beaters than anyone actually looking for them....they just can't see em

Re: Randys latest rant [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13960866 04/15/21 10:41 AM
C
ChanceHuiet Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
Way more get pulled off beds by bank beaters than anyone actually looking for them....they just can't see em

WAY WAY more.

Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
I can backlash toilet paper.
Re: Randys latest rant [Re: SC-001] #13961095 04/15/21 01:53 PM
T
TomRom Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Do what I have recently done and started taking up pan fishing with ultra lite outfits. And yes you can spend $250 to $400 on just a rod if you want to. I just put my boat right in there with all the tournament guys and have a great time catching gills. A lot less stress and has been quite enjoyable. Highly pressured lakes for bass makes no difference except sometimes it can get tough finding a place to park at the ramp.

Re: Randys latest rant [Re: SC-001] #13961515 04/15/21 06:52 PM
S
SC-001 Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
You know 20 years ago I would have said he was full of it having a fishing season in texas would improve the fishing but now not sure. Whats made me change my mind are deer regulation changes. Now fish and deer are apples and oranges but heres the deal, in 2001 the made it a felony to poach a whitetail, a few years after that they started the 13 inch horn regulation, a bunch screamed but I'm telling you the quality of free range bucks I see and see coming the counties I hunt has just blown me away, its nothing like it used to be its much much better. I never would have thought we had as much impact on the resource but we did with deer, I do wonder how regulation changes would or would not make the fishing better here like Randy says it is up north. I have no doubt our public lakes have been pressured more than ever in the history of this state the last 12 months.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide