Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by ezbassin
You should change your screen name to Big C Florida. BIG COMPLAINER. THATS ALL YOU DO ALL THE TIME ON HERE. Get a life already, time for you to move on to another forum. This is the TEXAS fishing forum and people are tired of an outsider complaining ALL THE TIME. Find a Florida forum to go to and stay there.

He's probably been banned from most forums. He only lasted a few days on bbc before he got a per ban

Wasn't he seminole wind over there?

Yes

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: 1442] #13944853 04/02/21 11:09 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by 1442
If anyone here don't like BigO, then why don't you leave. Save yourself some stress.
BigO makes way more sense than most of y'all because y'all don't know what you're even talking about and
Mark Jones spelled out why you don't know earlier in this topic,
"Their sample size isn’t small, it’s the largest in the industry across TV, digital and events. MLF regularly shares key metrics and information with sponsors and partners that need the data. It’s not a mystery for those who need to know.

So... who knows really besides MJ and whoever else "needs" to know. I sure don't.

I do know that BASS has been advertising the Sabine River tournament heavy around here with TV commercials and billboard signs in all the towns around here, not just Orange. Even during the evening news broadcasts I've seen the advertisements on TV showing the attractions they have planned for the locals to come out and enjoy the several days of fun and festivities they are offering for anyone to come out too and enjoy for FREE.
It's not just a small street corner gig either. it will be several city blocks worth of stuff to do, including a carnival for the youngsters and lots of food vendors and local businesses with canopies and displays set up.
In the past they have had tournaments where highschool anglers who qualified got to fish a tournament in the boat with some of the pros who didn't advance to the final day and they weighed in on the big stage right before the pros weighed the final day.
They allow a lot of highschool anglers and youth to help with the weigh ins and they can interact with the pros and be a part of the show.
They also give away BASS memberships to some of the youngsters there. Not because they are desperate for members like I've seen stated here in these forums by BigO, BASS distracters or haters or whatever they are, but because they are BASS and that's what they do.
Come on down and see for yourselves and have some fun and see what a BASS tournament is like when the fans are involved and welcomed by the host.
It is special and I am thankfull that they are coming back here to fish the Sabine River system.

Well if everyone who doesn't like big o left. There would be about a dozen people left on this site. You say big o makes sense. Did you miss it went he spent months trying to convince everyone that BPT cancelled the Redcrest and stole the purse money. When in actuality all they did was move it from fall to spring. Have you not seen him claiming that BPT has lost most of there sponsors and can't get new ones. When actually the few they have lost are just normal turn over and they are constantly signing new ones. Have you not seen his nonsense of claiming all BPT anglers are washed up and insignificant. I'm not sure how you could think that makes sense with guys like Wheeler, Lee, Evers fishing BPT just to name a few. If you think his post make sense. You need to look past your dislike for MLF and actually read the nonsense he post

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944882 04/02/21 11:47 AM
Bandit 200 XP Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
popcorn2 I'm glad i don't know anything

Triton 200 XP
200 Yamaha 0X66
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944894 04/02/21 12:00 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
As has been noted many times by numerous other board members, I don’t have a problem with anyone voicing an opinion here or providing feedback, nor do I have a problem when someone posts something contrary to my opinions. My issue with Big O is the shear insanity of his/her posts and the lack of factual information. They’re filled with conjecture and ignorance at every turn.

Also, as many others have said, if we knew who he/she is then it might actually add some validity to his/her position and his/her arguments here, although I highly doubt it. Regardless we aren’t getting an answer to that lol.

BASS is going to be fine, MLF is going to be fine and fans have a lot of great options available to them. cheers

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944903 04/02/21 12:06 PM
1442 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Dubee,

You and duck hunter both are making claims about me that I DID NOT SAY.
Y'alls obsession with BigO is affecting your comprehension skills big time.

I said BigO makes way more sense than most of y'all. You just reinforced that for me because you are making no sense at all.
Show me where BigO said MLF can't get new sponsors.
Maybe he said that and I missed it but I don't think that's what he said. You want him to back up his claims, Back up yours!
Back up your first two sentences in your last response with some facts while you're at it. You can't do it because that is your opinion not based on facts at all.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944905 04/02/21 12:09 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Meanwhile, back to the OP... if what was implied is true, that there is a large number of anglers not happy with MLF my bet is going to be it’s a money issue. That’s the one thing that would unite a large group of people all at the same time. Paying entry fees when they were promised they wouldn’t be has to sting... if payouts are now somehow going to be impacted, that just may be the last straw. As it stands right now, base payout as listed would require each angler to pony up over $10k per tournament just to make the purse. They need a lot of outside revenue help to pay out that big of a purse, and seems enough is not coming in. Regardless of what some on here say, the MLF/BPT is obviously struggling with obtaining and retaining the sponsorships needed to supplement the revenue needed to make the tournament payouts as they are currently being posted. I think some mistakenly conflate sponsorship for the MLF/high school circuit or MLF/Toyota Series as being a “MLF” sponsor... while technically true, what they are paying into is designated for the high school or Toyota Series circuit only, not supporting the other circuits, like BPT.

So my guess is money... all those statistics being viewed and recited through rose colored glasses seemingly isn’t enough to convince the “smart money” to come off the sidelines and into the MLF/BPT coffers, and now the anglers are seeing (or going to soon see) the changes needed to stop the billionaires from bleeding red ink.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: 1442] #13944922 04/02/21 12:25 PM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Dubee,

I said BigO makes way more sense than most of y'all. You just reinforced that for me because you are making no sense at all.
Maybe he said that and I missed it but I don't think that's what he said. You want him to back up his claims, Back up yours!
Back up your first two sentences in your last response with some facts while you're at it. You can't do it because that is your opinion not based on facts at all.

Dubee,

Ok, I get it. You are just like big o. No matter what evidence or what anyone says. You are going to interrupt it and spin it your way. Go ahead and agree with your leader. The man constantly post made up nonsense that has no merit. But believe what you want. Lmao

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944950 04/02/21 12:47 PM
1442 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Mark
You have an issue with BigO
He has an issue with MLF
Y'all both have opinions and state them well.
That's all good.
I have no issues with you or BigO, and I like to read both of y'alls opinion.
I'm too ignorant to know who is actually stating facts or not but it don't matter really, it's just entertainment for me.
that's why I'm here. I know that may sound silly but I don't have cable TV and I have not seen a BASS or MLF show in years except for live in person BASS tournament attendance that I get to do ever now and then.
My issue is with those who want BigO banned for lack of facts or lack of identity, when they have no facts to back themselves with, nor identify themselves either which would be Ok if they would extend that same benefit to BigO

One thing that is so often mentioned but ignored herein is the simple idea that if someone don't like what BigO has to say. Don't read his posts. THEN for sure don't respond to them.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: 1442] #13944962 04/02/21 12:57 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
If anyone here don't like BigO, then why don't you leave. Save yourself some stress.
BigO makes way more sense than most of y'all because y'all don't know what you're even talking about and
"Their sample size isn’t small, it’s the largest in the industry across TV, digital and events. MLF regularly shares key metrics and information with sponsors and partners that need the data. It’s not a mystery for those who need to know.

So... who knows really besides MJ and whoever else "needs" to know. I sure don't.

I do know that BASS has been advertising the Sabine River tournament heavy around here with TV commercials and billboard signs in all the towns around here, not just Orange. Even during the evening news broadcasts I've seen the advertisements on TV showing the attractions they have planned for the locals to come out and enjoy the several days of fun and festivities they are offering for anyone to come out too and enjoy for FREE.
It's not just a small street corner gig either. it will be several city blocks worth of stuff to do, including a carnival for the youngsters and lots of food vendors and local businesses with canopies and displays set up.
In the past they have had tournaments where highschool anglers who qualified got to fish a tournament in the boat with some of the pros who didn't advance to the final day and they weighed in on the big stage right before the pros weighed the final day.
They allow a lot of highschool anglers and youth to help with the weigh ins and they can interact with the pros and be a part of the show.
They also give away BASS memberships to some of the youngsters there. Not because they are desperate for members like I've seen stated here in these forums by BigO, BASS distracters or haters or whatever they are, but because they are BASS and that's what they do.
Come on down and see for yourselves and have some fun and see what a BASS tournament is like when the fans are involved and welcomed by the host.
It is special and I am thankfull that they are coming back here to fish the Sabine River system.

I wanted to acknowledgment this post that got buried too fast. This is how BASS rolls... and I think their core, long time sponsors would have it no other way. I hope the event has good weather and water conditions so Sabine River can be spotlighted on the BASS big stage, by big names, catching the big bass... and that benefits the local community for years to come by added awareness of the fishery that results in more tourism for the area. I hope you and all that attend have a good time!

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: 1442] #13944965 04/02/21 12:58 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Mark
You have an issue with BigO
He has an issue with MLF
Y'all both have opinions and state them well.
That's all good.
I have no issues with you or BigO, and I like to read both of y'alls opinion.
I'm too ignorant to know who is actually stating facts or not but it don't matter really, it's just entertainment for me.
that's why I'm here. I know that may sound silly but I don't have cable TV and I have not seen a BASS or MLF show in years except for live in person BASS tournament attendance that I get to do ever now and then.
My issue is with those who want BigO banned for lack of facts or lack of identity, when they have no facts to back themselves with, nor identify themselves either which would be Ok if they would extend that same benefit to BigO

One thing that is so often mentioned but ignored herein is the simple idea that if someone don't like what BigO has to say. Don't read his posts. THEN for sure don't respond to them.

IMO he/she/it should be banned for Rule 8 of the Forum Rules because he is the literal definition of a troll. I could not care less about who he/she/it is.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944970 04/02/21 01:02 PM
1442 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Bandit200xp
That made me chuckle.
I wish I was that smart
but dang, I stepped in the poop and have gotten it all over me now.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: grandbassslayer] #13944981 04/02/21 01:14 PM
M
MagFluker Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

They give away subscriptions for free to meet circulation numbers promised to advertisers so it ain't all roses.

Wow really? Give a membership to a kid and you look at that negatively?

Kyle in NC

PB 11.1

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944983 04/02/21 01:18 PM
1442 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Thanks BigO

Walls, you call it trolling and want him banned.
I call it entertainment and want him to stay.
Did you see what Duck hunter said? " He may end up being right about all of this" referring to BigO.
That is stuck in my head for some reason.

I gotta go to work now, It's gonna be my first day back in three weeks, so I'm real happy about that.
See y'all this evening.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13945042 04/02/21 01:53 PM
TTx Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
The issue is these threads are always 99% speculation. They are played out, and all follow the exact same structure.

We get it, Big O doesn't like MLF - there's plenty of threads identical to this to support that. Mark Jones agency works with MLF, indicating he is very well in the know of how they are performing at least in the engagement side of things. These threads are just exhausting. I don't care if you like MLF, BASS, TNPFL, pineapple on pizza, or black licorice -- what I don't understand is the need to devote so much energy to letting everyone know you dislike it.

Regardless, you can't evaluate a business based on their outward appearance. BASS was in some hot water some years back, but they aren't going to publicize that. Why would a company, especially a small company, show the public they're hurting? Not good for business. MLF also ran into some road blocks - which is why they have entry fees now - which were voted on by the anglers. Personally it's all irrelevant. I am a FAN of the sport, not an investor in these companies. I want them to succeed because I enjoy the content that both put out - and that's all 99% of us in this forum are...just common people who share an interest in fishing. Let MLF and BASS compete for your viewership, and watch whichever one you enjoy...or hell, watch both if you can and want. Who cares.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: TTx] #13945066 04/02/21 02:15 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by TTx
The issue is these threads are always 99% speculation. They are played out, and all follow the exact same structure.

We get it, Big O doesn't like MLF - there's plenty of threads identical to this to support that. Mark Jones agency works with MLF, indicating he is very well in the know of how they are performing at least in the engagement side of things. These threads are just exhausting. I don't care if you like MLF, BASS, TNPFL, pineapple on pizza, or black licorice -- what I don't understand is the need to devote so much energy to letting everyone know you dislike it.

Regardless, you can't evaluate a business based on their outward appearance. BASS was in some hot water some years back, but they aren't going to publicize that. Why would a company, especially a small company, show the public they're hurting? Not good for business. MLF also ran into some road blocks - which is why they have entry fees now - which were voted on by the anglers. Personally it's all irrelevant. I am a FAN of the sport, not an investor in these companies. I want them to succeed because I enjoy the content that both put out - and that's all 99% of us in this forum are...just common people who share an interest in fishing. Let MLF and BASS compete for your viewership, and watch whichever one you enjoy...or hell, watch both if you can and want. Who cares.

You win my vote for TFF Best Response of 2021. Hope they let you use the company jet and sponsor you for a week at Camelot Bell as the prize. cheers

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide