D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Originally Posted by Dubee
Still didn't answer the question. That was a very nice deflection though. You said all time high? An all time high from what? There has to be a starting point. In there current capacity of "having the most hours on tv", they are very young. They have only had 2 years worth of data. Is it an all time high in their organization? Is it an all time high in the industry? I took marketing along with my accounting degree. I understand marketing strategies. "All time high" sounds great when you compare it to.......what? I feel like if Big O is being pressed to back up his claim, the other side should as well. Only seems reasonable. Or there is another alternative. Just state "Honestly, I don't know".

But Warren never backs up his claims. Jus like in this thread where he has said numerous time how MLF has lost a bunch of sponsors and not signed new ones. That is just a totally made up claim

And maybe it is? I don't know. At this point I really don't know which side is more correct. I do know if they are made up claims, he generally presents them in a fairly convincing manner. I would like to see the guys who are disputing his claim say something other than "his arguments are baseless and have no facts". How do you know? What evidentiary support do you have to back that up? I would love to see proof on either side. I know Mark Jones claims he knows, and maybe he does, however saying it and proving it are not the same. Verbalizing basic marketing rhetoric that they teach you in Marketing 101 isn't proof. Surely there is a way to more substantiate any of the "false claims".

As far as his claim of MLF hurting because they lost sponsors and can't get new ones. All you have to do is look at their list of sponsors

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944375 04/01/21 09:06 PM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
"I made up claims about MLF but you need to prove me wrong, otherwise you're lying"

Umm.....wtf?

Josh...look around, you're the ONLY person "convinced" by Big O. That should probably tell you something...

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944378 04/01/21 09:09 PM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Didnt someone come on here and refute numbers from BASS that came from the same sources that MLF uses? That basically says, you can make the numbers look how you want, especially when you own the broadcasting channel. Now I'm not saying MLF is doing horrible, but I can say there was not hardly a mention of MLF tournaments for most of last year and even for redcrest on here or BBC. Theres a thread for every elite event I believe. So, maybe MLF is doing ok outside of the tournament fishermen industry, but it sure doesnt appear that they are doing so hot with it. I guess if that's good or bad will tell the tale. TV numbers look good and all but if sponsors dont see returns they will pack it up, no matter what league they sponsor.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Mark Jones] #13944391 04/01/21 09:25 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Still didn't answer the question. That was a very nice deflection though. You said all time high? An all time high from what? There has to be a starting point. In there current capacity of "having the most hours on tv", they are very young. They have only had 2 years worth of data. Is it an all time high in their organization? Is it an all time high in the industry? I took marketing along with my accounting degree. I understand marketing strategies. "All time high" sounds great when you compare it to.......what? I feel like if Big O is being pressed to back up his claim, the other side should as well. Only seems reasonable. Or there is another alternative. Just state "Honestly, I don't know".

Honestly, I know

And I am not saying you do or don't. All I am saying is Big O catches it for spouting off "unsubstantiated claims", yet I am not seeing one shred of evidence to dispute them. You say you know, and you might (that isn't for me to dispute), but saying you know and not being able to back it up is like saying you caught them in practice but only bringing 3 to weigh in. If you do know and you can't say, then just don't say anything. Sort of makes it seem like a power trip on your part. I do not know either way. I can make a semi-educated, very biased assumption based upon certain thing that have happened. So far I would say Big O isn't as wrong and incoherent as some have stated.

Big O catches it because he's non-sensical and crosses over himself in every other thread. He brings that on himself.

MLF/BPT produce their TV numbers regularly for all to see and they're ratings numbers that no one can argue, they just did a full digital recap for all to see from Redcrest and on the Big 5 side their numbers in terms of participation are at all time high and that's all time for FLW. The data is NOT hard to find. Big O just likes to dispute the data with no substance whatsoever behind his conjecture.

You don’t see a problem with that do you? They produce their own numbers, most understand that could lead to manufacturing their own numbers. Especially when the metrics used to calculate the claims being made are not also included so people can understand how they are being measured and against what. Would their numbers and how they are interpreted withstand a independent audit by an accredited accounting firm?

Again, it’s the bold claims that get challenged... you know, Redcrest being the super bowl of bass fishing, MLF being the larger bass fishing organization in the world, the worlds best anglers, and on and on that brings on the frequent scrutiny... and people are just expected to believe what’s coming from the marketing mouth? I think not!

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944418 04/01/21 09:49 PM
L
LakeForkGroupie Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
L
I try to stay out of these, but Big O is just spreading to much slander. First, his point about saying what have the pro's on the MLF BPT won lately. Well they have won Tour events and Redcrest. What have the BASS Elites won outside of BASS? It's a dumb argument, it's like asking when the last time Frisco Roughriders (AAA baseball) won the MLB world series. Second, the point about making up TV numbers and digital. First of all you can't make them up, they come from independent audit sources such as Nielsen. While you jazz up any kind of number, it's still doesn't change the number and those in the business realize the context and what that number really means. Plus all of the ad agency people that are buying ads from these guys look up the numbers themselves.

Big O was personally hurt by MLF and now has a personal vendetta against them. The dumb arguments he brings up is getting old.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944432 04/01/21 09:59 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
^^^^^

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: LakeForkGroupie] #13944445 04/01/21 10:23 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by LakeForkGroupie
I try to stay out of these, but Big O is just spreading to much slander. First, his point about saying what have the pro's on the MLF BPT won lately. Well they have won Tour events and Redcrest. What have the BASS Elites won outside of BASS? It's a dumb argument, it's like asking when the last time Frisco Roughriders (AAA baseball) won the MLB world series. Second, the point about making up TV numbers and digital. First of all you can't make them up, they come from independent audit sources such as Nielsen. While you jazz up any kind of number, it's still doesn't change the number and those in the business realize the context and what that number really means. Plus all of the ad agency people that are buying ads from these guys look up the numbers themselves.

Big O was personally hurt by MLF and now has a personal vendetta against them. The dumb arguments he brings up is getting old.

What are these tour events and Redcrest? No one heard of them or knows what they are, but people sure do know what Bassmaster Elite and Classic events are. They have seen, and still see them LIVE on TV. And I disagree about the source or calculations of numbers being independent from an audit. I highly suspect MLF/KSE (or contracted affiliates) are the ones calculating and selecting what numbers are released and in what context they are presented.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944453 04/01/21 10:33 PM
N
Neches Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
You would probably hold a grudge to if you were one of the anglers that got the screws put to them by the MLFers. It’s just a matter of time before mlf falls on its face.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944467 04/01/21 10:48 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by LakeForkGroupie

What are these tour events and Redcrest? No one heard of them or knows what they are, but people sure do know what Bassmaster Elite and Classic events are. They have seen, and still see them LIVE on TV. And I disagree about the source or calculations of numbers being independent from an audit. I highly suspect MLF/KSE (or contracted affiliates) are the ones calculating and selecting what numbers are released and in what context they are presented.

If you’re going to accuse a company of cooking the books, you should prove it.

Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by Bassmaster150
I always find it entertaining reading the posts from Big O. He seems to have super insider information on the state of mind with the MLF pros as well as a deep understanding of the MLF financials which I am sure he has full access to. However I think we can all agree on the following:

1. MLF has the top anglers in the sport. I don't think this can be disputed. If you look at the list of winners of the Bassmaster Classic from 2001 - 2019 (which covers 18 years), 16 of the winners (some are multiple winners, I get it) all fish MLF. Ike is fishing nothing, and Jay Yelas is the only Classic winner to still be with BASS. If MLF was broken, or unsustainable, these guys would just jump back to BASS because if I am correct...if you wil AoY or Classic, you can get an exemption to the Elites. Even if they have to pay entry fees again, apparently they don't care as they haven't left.

2. Compare the rosters of the two circuits. I think we can all agree here that the only reason the majority of the people fishing the Elites are fishing the Elites right now is because all the talent left and went to MLF. Had those anglers chosen to stay in BASS, the majority of those fishing the Elites now would not even be there.

3. Go to basspro or any fishing taclkle store...the majority of the baits on the market carry the names of MLF pros.

4. Economic impact - I can agree with Big O based upon his Data that when an Elite tour stops at a place, they get like a million dollars injected into the economy. That is great for the local economy. That being said, MLF having their Lake Fork tourney broadcast on Discovery, Outdoor Channel, etc probably impacted the Lake Fork economy 10x the Million that the local BASS stop did simply because the exposure is 10x that having a "big stage" locally has.

Those are just a few points that I see. I happen to watch both and also like both. However, I feel that MLF has a better product right now, and they also have the Elite of the Elite anglers in the world fishing for them. Their organization is relatively new compared to BASS, but they have made a huge impact in only a few years. Time will tell who will win out in the end, but if I am a betting man, my money rides on MLF right now simply because they have the best talent in the world from an angling perspective, and BASS has the second tier and will for the forseeable future.

I am not going to get into refuting point by point... I think I have at some point or another along the way. But will throw this question that pretty much dispels your tired argument about names and anglers... just what have all those anglers you (and they) proclaim are “the top anglers in the sport” won of noteworthy recognition lately? The answer - NOTHING! Not a thing of prominence have they not only won, but participated in. Just how long does someone retain the title of “being the best” at anything, when they haven’t won or participated in anything of significance for a long time? In the eyes of the sports biggest brand, that has the largest concentration of followers and fans, those names have become irrelevant. They are retired, no longer in the preset day picture. The organization they chose to move away from has moved on and are thriving while they have withered on the name and accomplishment recognition vine. Why, because they are no longer in any spotlight that only BASS could properly provide (and FLW to some extent). There was no talent drain away from BASS... the catch statistics have not dwindled in BASS tournaments because those guys left, so your claim of “talent” doesn’t hold water. If anything, compare catch statistics to MLF and you will see the “talented” have lost their “talent” since moving to MLF. Look no further than the last tournament they held and the weights and big fish. The product MLF is trying to sell has been rejected by sponsors and fans alike... and those purported big names didn’t make it any better by being there.

If it’s insignificant, unimportant, irrelevant, out of the spotlight, have zero talent, etc, then I’d let it go. It’s not a threat to BASS, so why spend time discussing it?

[Linked Image]
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944484 04/01/21 11:18 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
As is typical with many of these threads, they get sidetracked from the question or subject of the original OP. Surely, if the amount of anglers are not happy with MLF that is suggested in the linked podcast is true, then there is a consensus amongst them and they’d be speaking about it with close friends, etc.. on the down low. Back to the original topic, what is it that has happened or been recently announced to the anglers to upset that many so quickly? None of you MLF devotees have connections from within to find out what’s going on?

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944528 04/02/21 12:16 AM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
You should change your screen name to Big C Florida. BIG COMPLAINER. THATS ALL YOU DO ALL THE TIME ON HERE. Get a life already, time for you to move on to another forum. This is the TEXAS fishing forum and people are tired of an outsider complaining ALL THE TIME. Find a Florida forum to go to and stay there.

Last edited by ezbassin; 04/02/21 12:21 AM.
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: ezbassin] #13944556 04/02/21 12:35 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by ezbassin
You should change your screen name to Big C Florida. BIG COMPLAINER. THATS ALL YOU DO ALL THE TIME ON HERE. Get a life already, time for you to move on to another forum. This is the TEXAS fishing forum and people are tired of an outsider complaining ALL THE TIME. Find a Florida forum to go to and stay there.

He's probably been banned from most forums. He only lasted a few days on bbc before he got a per ban

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: sprigsss] #13944655 04/02/21 01:57 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by sprigsss
You can say the anglers built their brand, and to an extent that is true, but they are nothing without a platform. Guys in local clubs that are good enough are nobodies because they have no platform. BASS provided a platform and an exposure that allowed these guys and the sport to grow. MLF has not done any of that. BASS will be fine because they no how to operate. The guys who aren't as big of name right now, will be. Big names come and go. BASS has a history of developing those.

Its no secret I prefer watching pros catch biggest 5 over more little fish, but I disagree.

Some of my favorite anglers today, I had no clue who they were prior to MLF. I never heard of Andy Montgomery prior to MLF. The one thing I will give credit to MLF for is giving anglers in the middle of the pack more exposure time. Even with the Elites, everyone knew the top 10 guys that were nearly always in contention, but I didn't know most of them. MLF has exposed more fishermen to the fans. Beforehand if you weren't winning, it was difficult to brand yourself. Now, we've gotten to know more of the anglers and their personalities. I think more guys are creating their own brand without having to win titles. Seems to me MLF has spread the wealth a little more amongst the participants in this manner.

cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13944674 04/02/21 02:10 AM
1442 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
If anyone here don't like BigO, then why don't you leave. Save yourself some stress.
BigO makes way more sense than most of y'all because y'all don't know what you're even talking about and
Mark Jones spelled out why you don't know earlier in this topic,
"Their sample size isn’t small, it’s the largest in the industry across TV, digital and events. MLF regularly shares key metrics and information with sponsors and partners that need the data. It’s not a mystery for those who need to know.

So... who knows really besides MJ and whoever else "needs" to know. I sure don't.

I do know that BASS has been advertising the Sabine River tournament heavy around here with TV commercials and billboard signs in all the towns around here, not just Orange. Even during the evening news broadcasts I've seen the advertisements on TV showing the attractions they have planned for the locals to come out and enjoy the several days of fun and festivities they are offering for anyone to come out too and enjoy for FREE.
It's not just a small street corner gig either. it will be several city blocks worth of stuff to do, including a carnival for the youngsters and lots of food vendors and local businesses with canopies and displays set up.
In the past they have had tournaments where highschool anglers who qualified got to fish a tournament in the boat with some of the pros who didn't advance to the final day and they weighed in on the big stage right before the pros weighed the final day.
They allow a lot of highschool anglers and youth to help with the weigh ins and they can interact with the pros and be a part of the show.
They also give away BASS memberships to some of the youngsters there. Not because they are desperate for members like I've seen stated here in these forums by BigO, BASS distracters or haters or whatever they are, but because they are BASS and that's what they do.
Come on down and see for yourselves and have some fun and see what a BASS tournament is like when the fans are involved and welcomed by the host.
It is special and I am thankfull that they are coming back here to fish the Sabine River system.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: ezbassin] #13944686 04/02/21 02:19 AM
B
big mike Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by ezbassin

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide