Forums59
Topics1,039,271
Posts13,962,000
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13933487 03/23/21 06:15 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I have been litigating insurance claims on for insurance companies

now it makes sense..........

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Txduckhunter] #13933497 03/23/21 06:22 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D

Originally Posted by Txduckhunter
Pi$$ing contest just seems to go on forever for some of yall.

It's pretty simple. Do it or don't do it.
There are a couple of guys on here that just can't stand HS fishing, kids, puppies or kittens. We know, we get it.

There are more than a couple who don't like high school fishing, it's just a few that will say it out loud in a public forum.

Kudos to those who have done it correctly, but they're in the minority.

#MFGA
Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Tiltman] #13933522 03/23/21 06:35 PM
G
gut hooked Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
G
Originally Posted by Tiltman

I have been litigating insurance claims on for insurance companies and individuals for years

nice try though

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: gut hooked] #13933605 03/23/21 07:33 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by gut hooked
Originally Posted by WAWI
Where did you get your law degree, WAWI? You could have a bankruptcy add on television.....1800CALLWAWI for all your bankruptcy needs......you could also sell insurance......hi my name is WAWI and I love insurance....let me insure you....call 1800WAWIINS for all your insurance needs.....this is great.....

But watch your diet .. you seem a little salty......๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

You were the one giving legal advice that liability was set at insurance amount and a quick bankruptcy would protect the rest. Just admit you were talking out your arse. And you never answered the question, if liability is set at insurance limit why do they sell insurance in different amounts. It's a simple question.

you are picking fights with yourself. I have answered your question ten times. if you take a minute and read what I wrote, what I indicated was that in most civil law suits involving insurance, it is very very rare for judgement holders to pursue collections above and beyond insurance limits. Simply put, most attorneys don't pursue excess judgments unless the insured has assets approaching a financially feasible amount as related to the excess judgment. The term commonly uses to discuss this condition is "judgment proof". That is to say, if there is no money to recover, it is unlikely that anyone would come after you to collect. I say that to say what follows.

In most cases, insurance agents recommend and write policies sufficient to protect the assets of the insured. it sounds like you have been through this process. I would be very surprised to learn that an insurance broker would not recommend writing policies with umbrellas attached to cover a high net worth estate especially considering the minimal cost associated with umbrella coverage. the umbrella vehicles are cheap and easy to write in most cases. Once the low hanging fruit, the value of an insurance policy is collected, most of the time plaintiff's lawyers let sleeping dogs lie.

I have been litigating insurance claims on for insurance companies and individuals for years. I have also litigated cases involving disputes with brokers and agents related to coverage values and umbrellas. I have also litigated cases in bankruptcy court related to insurance disputes, challenges on behalf of judgment creditors trying to collect assets in disputed claims and challenges on behalf of judgment debtors seeking discharge of liabilities.

I don't discuss professional issues on this board for personal reasons. But yeah, I know a thing or two about what the various subjects we are discussing.

Man WAWI you got under this ones skin LOL

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: gut hooked] #13933613 03/23/21 07:38 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
WAWI I am bored of your drill bullying tactics and with that, I dismiss you. You may go now.

You, dismissed him? flehan

(sure you did) rolleyes

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13933754 03/23/21 09:49 PM
B
b00stin4 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
So.. Let me get this straight.. It looks as though the Wife? of the captain / Mother of one of the kids involved, is the one bringing up the lawsuit?

Dynosaur Performance
Legend alpha 211
Turbo Honda 8.51@179
Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13933760 03/23/21 09:54 PM
bassfishinglawyer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by b00stin4
So.. Let me get this straight.. It looks as though the Wife? of the captain / Mother of one of the kids involved, is the one bringing up the lawsuit?

Oh, I thought it was the attorney - need to blame it on the "scummy attorneys," not her - per grandbassslayer

I'm not even in this kind of business, but I find it funny to think that people are so shallow that they see the ambulance chasing attorney as the plaintiff/perpetrator. roflmao

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: b00stin4] #13933764 03/23/21 09:55 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S

Yes

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13933778 03/23/21 10:00 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I love kids, I have been working with boys 12-18 through church for 25 years or so. I absolutely love taking kids fishing, especially if a parent will go. It brings so much joy to see a kid catch a fish! I don't like "HS" fishing tournaments. How about take a kid fishing because it is fun or relaxing or a way to provide a healthy meal instead of teaching them that fishing is about money and that we will do anything including cheating or risking life to win.(the life risking thing happened on Roberts last year everyone just got lucky that time) Fishing is for fun! Relax a little, Wawi and grout-scout especially, go fish, spring spawn is on!

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13933803 03/23/21 10:15 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
I have never been a boat captain but I do give rods, reels, and tackle to kids that want to fish and for whatever reason they can't afford it. I enjoy helping them out in that way. They always text me pictures of their happy face after they were given the equipment I donated to their boat captain to give to them.

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: gut hooked] #13933807 03/23/21 10:19 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

I have been litigating insurance claims on for insurance companies and individuals for years

nice try though

I was Illustrating that you are a professional arguer.......hence the forceful and repetitive posts with hopes of the last word.

Reminds me a lot of small man syndrome , gotta make sure we know that you know that we know you know.....

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Bass Buster1] #13933808 03/23/21 10:20 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
Wawi and grout-scout especially, go fish, spring spawn is on!

hmmm I would love to hear why you singled us 2 out from this entire thread... popcorn

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: b00stin4] #13933811 03/23/21 10:21 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

It refers to her as the mother of Kenneth Driver II, one of the boys who died. Iโ€™m guessing, based on this part from the OPโ€™s article, they were divorced, since sheโ€™s suing the executor of the captainโ€™s estate.

โ€œAccording to Tennessee's Thunderbolt Radio, defendants of the lawsuit include the Obion County School District, the Obion County Board of Education, the Obion County Central High School fishing team, bass fishing coach William Thomas Simmons and Beau Pemberton, who is the administrator of the boat captain Kenneth Driver Sr.'s estate.โ€

[Linked Image]
Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Tiltman] #13933836 03/23/21 10:43 PM
G
gut hooked Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
G

nice try though

I was Illustrating that you are a professional arguer.......hence the forceful and repetitive posts with hopes of the last word.

Reminds me a lot of small man syndrome , gotta make sure we know that you know that we know you know.....

Small man syndrome......lol......nice......you take me out of context, attack my work history and claim I am the problem......you are a very very special person....I like to fight and don't shy from one, never have, never will.....and if a person like you steps to a person like me, I guess we will just butt heads until someone stops.....lots of people try to make an example out of me, don't know the reason, don't care.....but if you're not my dad or a sitting judge, you will quit long before I do.

You will not bully me into silence, you will not misquote me and have me not respond, and I can go on for hours.....what say we both just walk away from this one......

Re: $10 Million Lawsuit Filed in Connection with High School Angler's Death [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13933888 03/23/21 11:19 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
OK you two! Take it out back or you both are going to time out! ๐Ÿ˜‡

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide