Forums59
Topics1,037,866
Posts13,935,802
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: Chris B] #13904011 02/27/21 02:06 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by 4Weight
MLF is getting on my nerves. The format sucks. While I like the idea of measuring and weighing fish and releasing them, here is my beef. All week long Thrift kicked everyone's [censored]. The reset is BS. He goes down in flames today. I will give my time to Bassmaster from now on and that sucks cause I actually like several of the angers in MLF.

Excluding golf, every other sport works this way. Tampa Bay had to win each playoff game they played this year to be champions. The team with the most cumulative points in the playoffs doesn’t win. They score more than their opponent and move on, where they have to score more than that opponent.

Come to think of it that is how every other sport is. thumb

No, it would be like resetting the score every quarter of a football game.

They play quarters a day apart in football?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: W B] #13904017 02/27/21 02:09 AM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by W B
The format make for an intense finish 95 percent of the time. Not a hater of MLF but, I can not stand watching them watch the fish on Active Target and Live Scope. It has turned into a hunting show. They aren't even looking at the water after their cast. Just staring at their electronics. SUX big time

I agree, I've already seen it on lakes I fish the last 6 months, guys in the middle of the lake hunched over at their screen casting at suspended open water fish. They called the dropshot fishing with 2D sonar video game fishing but this is really video game fishing.

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: W B] #13904034 02/27/21 02:27 AM
B
beeflover Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Originally Posted by W B
The format make for an intense finish 95 percent of the time. Not a hater of MLF but, I can not stand watching them watch the fish on Active Target and Live Scope. It has turned into a hunting show. They aren't even looking at the water after their cast. Just staring at their electronics. SUX big time

I'm with you I thought we fished to enjoy the outdoors. Video games are for the basement.

On the other hand, you gotta go with what works. Right now since I don't have the dough for $20-30K of electronics I'm working on blocking my trolling motor to point about 45 degrees in front a the bow and see if I can pick up any marks on my green box. I think if I spin the boat around a lot I should be able to pick em up in all directions.

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: beartrap] #13904037 02/27/21 02:31 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G
Watched the ending, kept waiting for Neal to catch a big one. It was very entertaining.

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: Chris B] #13904039 02/27/21 02:34 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
MLF is getting on my nerves. The format sucks. While I like the idea of measuring and weighing fish and releasing them, here is my beef. All week long Thrift kicked everyone's [censored]. The reset is BS. He goes down in flames today. I will give my time to Bassmaster from now on and that sucks cause I actually like several of the angers in MLF.

Excluding golf, every other sport works this way. Tampa Bay had to win each playoff game they played this year to be champions. The team with the most cumulative points in the playoffs doesn’t win. They score more than their opponent and move on, where they have to score more than that opponent.

Come to think of it that is how every other sport is. thumb

No, it would be like resetting the score every quarter of a football game.

No, it would be like saying you can score 50 in the first quarter and then not score in quarters 2-4 when the other team made adjustments.

[Linked Image]
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: beeflover] #13904045 02/27/21 02:39 AM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by beeflover
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

have to agree with this. It sucks for Thrift, but he is the one who signed on with MLF, he can only blame
himself. Zeroing weights is so ghey. Nonsense. And so is the 2 pound limit. If they're going to be a count everything you catch, then count it all dangit. You got it to bite, you count it. I will watch MLF, but I personally prefer the BASS format.

hey Frank, i'm glad to see your success on tour lately, but I'm wonderin what the problem is with the MLF going to the 2 lb limit. Remember the MLF on the Mississippi when KVD caught about a hundred 1 lb fish to win and everyone complained about the dink league. I think he beat Todd Faircloth who had a good 5 fish bag so that has to grate on a lot of Texas minds. Hackman had some larger fish too that day.

So now the MLF is not counting any dinks they didn't count a lot of 1 1/2 lb fish the Bass event would have liked to have today. Talk about dinks at the BASS event. Jeez I know I woulda got skunked there myself.

I think my only problem with the MLF is thinking about Boyd Duckett making a lot of money. But, at least he's a fisherman and not just some big corporation.

Brian Thrift sure was a star in those first two days!

I wanna see a new BASS format for only guys over 60 an nobody can have over $10K in electronics and trolling motor combined with a max 150 hp limit. And only fish 4 hrs then a long lunch a few cocktails and a nap. No weigh in go straight to the bar!

He who has the most fun always wins!

Favorite 2021 post

Aztec Anglers San Juan River Guide Service
www.aztecanglers.com
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: W B] #13904046 02/27/21 02:41 AM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by W B

Surprised none of them don’t have major neck or back issues staring at that screen

Aztec Anglers San Juan River Guide Service
www.aztecanglers.com
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: W B] #13904083 02/27/21 03:34 AM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by W B

This going to happen in all the tours. Live scope is not a MLF thing.

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: beartrap] #13904089 02/27/21 03:40 AM
C
cephusjoe Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Aren’t underwater cameras against the rules anyway?

Mcurtain county okie
Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: beartrap] #13904125 02/27/21 04:33 AM
D
Darin S. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
The spawn is right around the corner. Livescope won’t be necessary for a few weeks or so. I think 360 will show it’s worth.

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: beartrap] #13904150 02/27/21 05:30 AM
M
mudd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
Did Connell go to someone else’s fish today? That’s usually what he does when he isn’t doing good in events. He pulls a Duckett. Glad to see they finally figured out how to catch fish after Walters beat down last year opened there eyes to it

93 Ranger 482vs
95 Bullet 20cc

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: beartrap] #13904158 02/27/21 06:19 AM
D
Darin S. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Here we go. Why do guys on here always try to take away someone elses shine? What do you got Mudd? Spill it.

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: beartrap] #13904190 02/27/21 11:14 AM
D
Darin S. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Who’s spot did he take?

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: beartrap] #13904232 02/27/21 01:06 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
The qualification process to get into the deadcrest was accumulative of points, so scoring in the event should have been consistent with that. The analogies people are using of other sports, like the NFL is also flawed. A wildcard in playoffs, with each win actually accomplishes something and is recognized, such as conference champion, then league champion, and ultimately super bowl champion. What did Thrift get for handily winning phase 1 & 2 of the championship event? Nothing... nothing extra on the payout, nothing... he got something extra for biggest fish, but not winning the 2 cutoff segments. Go figure.

Hopefully he will learn a lesson from this and make the necessary move over to the BASS circuit, to save his career from becoming one of irrelevance.

Re: Anybody else watch the ending of Redcrest championship today? [Re: beartrap] #13904246 02/27/21 01:25 PM
Y
yamaha runner Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Y
I personally think it’s great. These guys do this for a LIVING. Successful businesses are always evolving. You don’t have to have forward facing sonar to catch fish and nobody says you have to use it. But if you can afford the technology that’s available, use it.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide