Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Statton48] #13852447 01/19/21 08:59 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Statton48
... But the guys that pay to compete in every medium-large scale of tournament, I see where AOY is rewarded something. Entry fees waived, cash, boat, etc etc. I just wonder where that money went seeing that the entry’s are still there and field numbers. Again, that is a nice chunk of change to invest back into a company, but it seems it would be a better incentive to have that to drive more people to qualify and compete. Again, just my take on it

That AOY money wasn’t reinvested, it was the equity being sucked out of the organization by its multibillionaire primary stakeholders; just like the purse for the FW cup, 2020 Redcrest, cancellation of multiple BPT events, dilution of FLW Pro purse by introducing increased field size and BPT angler competition into the last 3 scheduled FLW pro events, was. Oh, and let’s not forget... the reintroduction of “Entry Fees” into BPT....

that loud sucking sound you might be hearing is the private equity investor machines at work...

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13852470 01/19/21 09:18 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Simply incredible level of conspiracy theory at work. Staggering really.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13852477 01/19/21 09:23 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
... But the guys that pay to compete in every medium-large scale of tournament, I see where AOY is rewarded something. Entry fees waived, cash, boat, etc etc. I just wonder where that money went seeing that the entry’s are still there and field numbers. Again, that is a nice chunk of change to invest back into a company, but it seems it would be a better incentive to have that to drive more people to qualify and compete. Again, just my take on it

That AOY money wasn’t reinvested, it was the equity being sucked out of the organization by its multibillionaire primary stakeholders; just like the purse for the FW cup, 2020 Redcrest, cancellation of multiple BPT events, dilution of FLW Pro purse by introducing increased field size and BPT angler competition into the last 3 scheduled FLW pro events, was. Oh, and let’s not forget... the reintroduction of “Entry Fees” into BPT....

that loud sucking sound you might be hearing is the private equity investor machines at work...

For anyone questioning if he is an idiot. He is still saying the Redcrest was cancelled and they kept the money. So now you know he is

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13852491 01/19/21 09:36 PM
S
Statton48 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Well either way, it won’t stop me from watching it. It’s entertaining for sure and the skill level is unmatched in my opinion. I still watch all of them live and hope to attend the Classic again this year. As far as conspiracy theory goes for some..... I don’t put anything past anyone. Just look at our country and the state we are in. I’ll take my ball and watch from the sidelines now, have a good year everyone.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13852493 01/19/21 09:36 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
L

Or maybe they got caught with their pants down after buying FLW a sinking ship a few months before covid and all of this is being done to keep the organization going.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13852500 01/19/21 09:49 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

Or maybe they got caught with their pants down after buying FLW a sinking ship a few months before covid and all of this is being done to keep the organization going.

Oh no, according to the MLF bootlicking excuse makers, MLF only bought the FLW assets, not any of the debts or in-pipeline obligations, and therefore they couldn’t have been caught by surprise. Conversely, they used exactly that reasoning as reason to cancel the FW Cup and to initially try and deny the Bass Federation “living the dream” package winner what was promised. Are you now saying it was not a brilliant contractual avoidance of in progress financial obligations for FLW?

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13852560 01/19/21 10:20 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
All you guys are just making guesses, maybe MJ might be the only one on this thread in the know

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: SC-001] #13852607 01/19/21 10:54 PM
B
boyd1002 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted by SC-001
All you guys are just making guesses, maybe MJ might be the only one on this thread in the know

Agreed. All this back on forth and i just want to know what the process will be. Let us know Mark.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: boyd1002] #13852623 01/19/21 11:08 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by boyd1002

Agreed. All this back on forth and i just want to know what the process will be. Let us know Mark.

I don’t have visibility to it. My guess is that given the reset of agreements that were forced during Covid, that there will continue to be internal dialogue with the leadership team and the angler board and more to be announced later. Regardless of the decision the anglers will have their input on what that looks like. Clearly they will be crafting a path to the BPT and that’s always been a part of the plan.

Last edited by Mark Jones; 01/19/21 11:09 PM.
Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: boyd1002] #13852626 01/19/21 11:09 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

You guys don’t understand, the role MJ is tasked with is to put lipstick on a pig, and polish the turd. Not tell the truth or highlight the reality of the situation at MLF. If he had any legitimate reasons for all that 2020 purse money to go poof, gone and vanish from the anglers table, surely he would have recited it by now. He’s had plenty of opportunity to offer something constructive and clear up any confusion or misunderstandings for multiple instances. Instead he’s chosen to post replies designed to deflect away from the subject and cast aspersions my way. But I am game... let’s here it MJ, why was all that potential purse money for 2020 taken off the anglers table and where did that money go? Oh, and how is MLF instructing you to explain away the overlooking of serval anglers who had more FLW Pro AOY points to fill empty spots on BPT, than the person who was selected? What’s the incentive for the humongous 5 pro anglers in 2021?

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Big O Florida] #13852644 01/19/21 11:19 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

What’s the incentive for the humongous 5 pro anglers in 2021?

I don't know but I have an idea. There's 165 of them that paid their money to compete. Here's the list: https://majorleaguefishing.com/pro-circuit/2020-12-23-tackle-warehouse-pro-circuit-roster/

Why don't you reach out to each one of them for a survey and not come back until you've reached them all and can provide us a full report of how bamboozled they feel. Everyone's on pins and needles.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Mark Jones] #13852738 01/20/21 12:46 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

What’s the incentive for the humongous 5 pro anglers in 2021?

I don't know but I have an idea. There's 165 of them that paid their money to compete. Here's the list: https://majorleaguefishing.com/pro-circuit/2020-12-23-tackle-warehouse-pro-circuit-roster/

Why don't you reach out to each one of them for a survey and not come back until you've reached them all and can provide us a full report of how bamboozled they feel. Everyone's on pins and needles.

Thanks; of the 3 questions I posed, you answered .5... I’ll give you 1/2 point for quoting one to say you don’t know. The direct link was helpful though and allowed me to review the revised rules for 2021 and see who the next batch of greater fools are... first thing I noticed was they removed the phrase “to be announced” and now all indications is the AOY award is going to be (yawn), entry into the next pro championship tournament provided you commit to fishing the circuit again the following year, and next years entry fees into the same circuit OR BPT; which that annotation is kinda telling in it’s own right... It seems BPT entry fees are here to stay! Who woulda thunk? Sadly, as someone pointed out earlier, there is nothing in rules about how (AOY points or other) and or what is a guaranteed qualification into joining the BPT... so the incentive is, well... I’ll let someone else put lipstick on that pig! At least they aren’t still misleading people into thinking there could be something bigger and better! Like what many previous years AOY recipients got. Someone must have been reading this thread!

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13853108 01/20/21 10:51 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
My guess on the incentive is if you’re a professional angler and not competing on the BPT or Elites and you’re looking for a platform where you can win $100k in a week of fishing with 308 hours of TV and 108 hours of Live attached to it, then you have your answer.

For most of those 165, that’s enough incentive. Some people just have their heads down focused on their fishing careers and competing Big O. They’re not sitting behind a keyboard like Chicken Little claiming the sky is falling.

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Mark Jones] #13853180 01/20/21 01:22 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
My guess on the incentive is if you’re a professional angler and not competing on the BPT or Elites and you’re looking for a platform where you can win $100k in a week of fishing with 308 hours of TV and 108 hours of Live attached to it, then you have your answer.

For most of those 165, that’s enough incentive. Some people just have their heads down focused on their fishing careers and competing Big O. They’re not sitting behind a keyboard like Chicken Little claiming the sky is falling.

Yeah, I hear ya... I am sure, even after last years fleecing of the masses, that Vince McMahon could still pull together and find enough uninformed players and coaches to rerun his XFL gimmick again too. Rackets being run on Wall Street have proven over and over again that there are always new batches of greater fools to be found... the secret sauce is in the marketing. Some people will believe anything regardless of what history shows.

What’s the old saying? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on _ _? Who?

Re: MLF bottom 10 losing tour card [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13853226 01/20/21 02:00 PM
B
boyd1002 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
My thought is that the MLF is in a tough situation. 2 of the main talking points when MLF was formed were 1) no entry fees and 2) a clear path to the BPT tour, from high school to college to AAA/FLW to BPT. 3 years later, granted the world has been crazy, those two priorities do not seem likely any time soon. Especially when the current roster will vote on the process. Is there any chance the current anglers will vote to be cut from the tour? I think we know that answer. They will vote in their best interest (i dont blame them), not the best interest of the league.

Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide