Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni #13627861 07/12/20 05:03 PM
Champion1 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Had a good practice found a area with several big ones in it caught a 5 and a 3 in 30 minutes thought we’d were in good shape for the tourney as we were using a totally technique from everyone else. Tourney day the rain the other night turned it muddy but slogged it out for over 8 pounds. How did you guys do?

www.TuffSkinz.net
www.basscat.com
�It�s all in your head. It doesn�t matter if your 6 or 60. You can participate in this sport."-Rick Clunn
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: Champion1] #13627868 07/12/20 05:15 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
We sucked then we continued to suck then we finished the day still sucking. Fished some of the most awesome looking stuff and still sucked! Good news is the heat wasn't near as bad as we thought it would be thanks to that wind.

Enjoyed the season and look forward to the championship wherever it ends up being.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: Champion1] #13627882 07/12/20 05:28 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Put in at Duck Cove. Figured we be fishing alone. (Yea. Right)

Started out with top water and frogs in the Lilly pads. Two blow ups. Must have been perch, cause they weren’t big enough to eat the frog. Went skipping docks. At 8:30, finally caught one. It was in 6”-10” of water along a rock retaining wall. Then went across the lake....skipped more docks....caught more small fish. By 1pm, I suggested going back to the pads to see if they were under them....nope. So, with 45 minutes to fish, we started fishing the bridge next to Duck Cove. Within 15 minutes we figured out the color and presentation speed and boated three for 7.55. All three died on way to weigh in. Never had a livewell valve leak before. And it doesn’t this morning after looking it over. I think it had a small rock in the valve that prevented it from fully seating in a closed position. Gave up the 1-1/2 pound penalty and went on down the road. Kinda sucks that I went under that bridge 6 times during the day and didn’t think to fish it till I was out of ideas. I think I could have caught fish there all day and really helped my standings. But...everything I fished looked like it should have held quality fish.

First time ever on twok. Next time I will do better.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: Champion1] #13627888 07/12/20 05:33 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
.....and to think I could have slept in till noon and drove out there and fished 30 minutes with the same results . roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13627952 07/12/20 06:39 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
.....and to think I could have slept in till noon and drove out there and fished 30 minutes with the same results . roflmao

lol.....

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: Champion1] #13628018 07/12/20 08:00 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
It’s was our first time on the lake, fist 30 minutes out one over 4 in the boat never another bite the rest of the day. I guess I caught a dumb fish. We needed to fish it to qualify and we got to spend a few days over at Fork and caught some fish and ate at Seth’s so it was good deal to get out of west Texas for a few days.

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: Champion1] #13628044 07/12/20 08:39 PM
F
Fordntriton Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Great pre-fishing week before. Winds and bad decisions equal bad results

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: Champion1] #13628049 07/12/20 08:41 PM
F
Fordntriton Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Carolina rigged a white/red bobber with a 3/0 hook and caught 25. Three best went 19 but our livewells didn’t work so we threw them back. Sucks, we could have won it

Last edited by Fordntriton; 07/12/20 08:44 PM.
Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13628107 07/12/20 09:34 PM
D
doctorb Offline
Angler
Angler
D

Started out with top water and frogs in the Lilly pads. Two blow ups. Must have been perch, cause they weren’t big enough to eat the frog. Went skipping docks. At 8:30, finally caught one. It was in 6”-10” of water along a rock retaining wall. Then went across the lake....skipped more docks....caught more small fish. By 1pm, I suggested going back to the pads to see if they were under them....nope. So, with 45 minutes to fish, we started fishing the bridge next to Duck Cove. Within 15 minutes we figured out the color and presentation speed and boated three for 7.55. All three died on way to weigh in. Never had a livewell valve leak before. And it doesn’t this morning after looking it over. I think it had a small rock in the valve that prevented it from fully seating in a closed position. Gave up the 1-1/2 pound penalty and went on down the road. Kinda sucks that I went under that bridge 6 times during the day and didn’t think to fish it till I was out of ideas. I think I could have caught fish there all day and really helped my standings. But...everything I fished looked like it should have held quality fish.

I’m sure you’re not the only one with dead fish. It’s just too hot out there to keep fish alive right now.

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: doctorb] #13628172 07/12/20 10:45 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by doctorb

I’m sure you’re not the only one with dead fish. It’s just too hot out there to keep fish alive right now.

Not in all cases, it’s harder on the deep fish. We had a 4lbr in the live we’ll all day, caught it in a foot of water so that fish was acclimated to water temp. When we released it it was plenty pissed and full of life, I guess those Caymas livewells work pretty good.

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: Caymas Cx 21] #13628179 07/12/20 10:51 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by 21xs Elite
Originally Posted by doctorb

Not in all cases, it’s harder on the deep fish. We had a 4lbr in the live we’ll all day, caught it in a foot of water so that fish was acclimated to water temp. When we released it it was plenty pissed and full of life, I guess those Caymas livewells work pretty good.

Heat didn’t kill my fish. Zero water did. Livewell valve let me down.

On a side note, we tried to ask what the cutoff was for checks...even an estimate. They had no idea. They did wind up texting everyone, but I was pulling in at that time. If I knew it was not even close, I’d have turned the fish loose before loading the boat. When I loaded the boat, livewell was overflowing with fresh water and the fish were happy. Somewhere along the 15 minute drive, all water was lost, and the fish were no longer happy.

At least it was only a few 2-1/2 pounders.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: Champion1] #13628184 07/12/20 10:55 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Steez will it be an easy repair or is your boat one that you’d like to kick the designers ace

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: Tiltman] #13628193 07/12/20 11:00 PM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Tiltman
Steez will it be an easy repair or is your boat one that you’d like to kick the designers ace

It’s fine this morning. I filled them with water and ran the recirculating pump on constant for 30 minutes without a drop lost. I think it either had a small rock in the valve seat or the boat shaking on the trailer caused it to leak.

As for the design of the boat? I made it much worse. I have to remove four batteries, two chargers, two PowerPole pumps, and an access plate just to TOUCH a pump. Probably need one of those mission impossible body hoists things that Tom cruise used to actually replace them. I’d have to hang down from my shop ceiling. Ha.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: Tiltman] #13628224 07/12/20 11:27 PM
T
Trickster Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
T

lol.....

clap

Re: Tales from Basschamps on Tawakoni [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13628310 07/13/20 12:36 AM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

It’s fine this morning. I filled them with water and ran the recirculating pump on constant for 30 minutes without a drop lost. I think it either had a small rock in the valve seat or the boat shaking on the trailer caused it to leak.

As for the design of the boat? I made it much worse. I have to remove four batteries, two chargers, two PowerPole pumps, and an access plate just to TOUCH a pump. Probably need one of those mission impossible body hoists things that Tom cruise used to actually replace them. I’d have to hang down from my shop ceiling. Ha.

So you are the designer that needs an ace kickin!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide