Forums59
Topics1,039,271
Posts13,961,935
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13590199 06/10/20 08:45 PM
Barrett Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
As has been pointed out, there are two sides to every story. Here's what I was told. Apparently Barrett got upset with Donnie last year for canceling or rescheduling a tournament ... I think it was on Lewisville and rescheduled due to high water. Barrett took it to Facebook and called Donnie's integrity in to question. The two texted each other and Donnie said he wanted to meet face-to-face to discuss it. No resolution was reached and Donnie told him last year he was banned from his tournaments. From what I have been told, this is not new news to Barrett.

I know Donnie and he is a reasonable person. If someone is going to bash your business and question your integrity, why would they want to use your business ... and why would you let them in your door? If someone calls a business owner's integrity in to question, it is not unreasonable for the business owner to fire the customer.

So I hope you let this post go to posting screen shots of text messages. Looks like it’s come to that because your post is not correct. I’ll get working on this.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590203 06/10/20 08:46 PM
B
BThomas Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
I think there is more to the story. Barrett sounds like a little kid not getting his way. There are 3 sides to every story. Theirs , Yours and the Truth.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590206 06/10/20 08:47 PM
ssmith Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
that's the good an bad of the net you can get on say what you want but sometimes it will bite you his deal his rules.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590210 06/10/20 08:48 PM
J
JeffLStevens Offline
Angler
Angler
J
I think we can just look at how he is acting on here and agree that a tournament director banning him from a tournament is most likely a good idea for everyone involved.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590216 06/10/20 08:50 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Barrett
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
As has been pointed out, there are two sides to every story. Here's what I was told. Apparently Barrett got upset with Donnie last year for canceling or rescheduling a tournament ... I think it was on Lewisville and rescheduled due to high water. Barrett took it to Facebook and called Donnie's integrity in to question. The two texted each other and Donnie said he wanted to meet face-to-face to discuss it. No resolution was reached and Donnie told him last year he was banned from his tournaments. From what I have been told, this is not new news to Barrett.

I know Donnie and he is a reasonable person. If someone is going to bash your business and question your integrity, why would they want to use your business ... and why would you let them in your door? If someone calls a business owner's integrity in to question, it is not unreasonable for the business owner to fire the customer.

So I hope you let this post go to posting screen shots of text messages. Looks like it’s come to that because your post is not correct. I’ll get working on this.

I'd get to work on letting this go before a few more TD's decide to pass on this kind of drama but feel free to control your own destiny...

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590238 06/10/20 08:59 PM
Monte Coon Offline
Coon's Bar & Grill
Coon's Bar & Grill
I've fished Donnie's trails, night tournaments and charity tournaments for 20 years and have never seen him be less than fair. Barrett I've know you for some time as well but I think this is between you and Donnie and should be handled that way. It's his trail and he has a right to decide who fishes and his decision was made based on what happened a year ago and having his integrity questioned based on moving a tournament from a lake that was closed because of high water. His decision to move it had nothing to do with giving somebody an unfair advantage if that was the case he never would have had the original lake on the schedule to begin with. Donnie has done more to help people on this forum than anybody I know it's a shame so many are taking sides not knowing both sides of the story and this is not the place to air it out.

[Linked Image]
Monte Coon | Sales Manager | Moritz Chevrolet | 817-696-2003

www.facebook.com/MoritzFortWorth
www.moritzchevrolet.com
www.dobynsrods.com
www.funnsunboats.com
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Monte Coon] #13590269 06/10/20 09:11 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Monte Coon
I've fished Donnie's trails, night tournaments and charity tournaments for 20 years and have never seen him be less than fair. Barrett I've know you for some time as well but I think this is between you and Donnie and should be handled that way. It's his trail and he has a right to decide who fishes and his decision was made based on what happened a year ago and having his integrity questioned based on moving a tournament from a lake that was closed because of high water. His decision to move it had nothing to do with giving somebody an unfair advantage if that was the case he never would have had the original lake on the schedule to begin with. Donnie has done more to help people on this forum than anybody I know it's a shame so many are taking sides not knowing both sides of the story and this is not the place to air it out.

I respect the heck out of you. You are a great guy. All I did was question a lake change. You think I would show up and get excited for a tournament if I knew I was banned? He said if you say anything else about my trail I have right to ban you. I never said another word. All this question integrity deal is crazy. All I said on social media was we were not fishing the tournament out of principal. That’s it. If I knew I was banned this post wouldn’t exist. I leaned from a fellow competitor yesterday. I was never ever told that and I can prove it for what it’s worth- which ain’t much.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590271 06/10/20 09:12 PM
rkd Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I'll fish with Cody if he still needs a partner! I suck on that lake and could sure use a lesson. I might even be willing to pay the entry fees!

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590281 06/10/20 09:18 PM
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy
Big Sexy
I would just leave it alone and be thankful that someone told you so you didn’t have to learn at sign up

Every trail out there has a list of people they have banned at one time or another
Typically they talk it out and resolve the issues, running to social media isn’t the answer that’s for sure

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590290 06/10/20 09:21 PM
RO519 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Pics or it didn't happen!

Fightin' Texas Aggie '14

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590306 06/10/20 09:29 PM
B.Hollingshead Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
From what I’m gathering you were told last year you were not fishing his events, so why does he need to tell you again. Then come on here and state from another competitor you just found out. It surely wasn’t any new news.

So you were pissed off with the way TTO changed lakes due to water level, which all trails/events do it all the way up to the Elites. It wasn’t a change that was convenient to you and you had to take it to social media. Now the same trail is having a event on your home waters, now it’s convenient to you had your happy as a kid in a candy store with the same trail you were not happy with. Now your back on social media with it.

Branden Hollingshead

38-DD's and counting
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: B.Hollingshead] #13590319 06/10/20 09:34 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by B.Hollingshead
From what I’m gathering you were told last year you were not fishing his events, so why does he need to tell you again. Then come on here and state from another competitor you just found out. It surely wasn’t any new news.

So you were pissed off with the way TTO changed lakes due to water level, which all trails/events do it all the way up to the Elites. It wasn’t a change that was convenient to you and you had to take it to social media. Now the same trail is having a event on your home waters, now it’s convenient to you had your happy as a kid in a candy store with the same trail you were not happy with. Now your back on social media with it.

Was never told one time I was banned. I was threatened with it but never ever not one time on my grandfathers grave told I could never fish another TTO event.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590323 06/10/20 09:38 PM
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy
Big Sexy
Not sure why you would ever escalate it to where threatening to ban someone would ever come up

You don’t agree with the lake move then move on.

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Fish Killer] #13590324 06/10/20 09:40 PM
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Fish Killer
Not sure why you would ever escalate it to where threatening to ban someone would ever come up

I made two comments on fb. He came after me via text 13 months ago. I didn’t escalate a thing. You think chad Potts starts banning and texting everyone that doesn’t agree with him? Hell no- he runs the biggest tournament trail in Texas and does it like a business. Differing opinions is part of business.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor [Re: Barrett] #13590342 06/10/20 09:59 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Barrett
Originally Posted by Fish Killer

Differing opinions is part of business.

This is where I disagree. A tournament organization is a league and sanctioning body. Your entry into which is voluntary and when you enter an event you agree to be bound by the rules of that league both during an event and after. I don't know the TTO rules and if there's any language related to negative posts on forums and social but it's not a debate as I mentioned in my previous post. You certainly have the choice to not fish the trail and the trail has the same choice to pass on your entry.

I'm sure if you took some time to go see the guys at TTO and work through it you'll find them reasonable. Posting here isn't getting you anywhere with resolving this, assuming that's something you're interested in.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide