Texas Fishing Forum

Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor

Posted By: Barrett

Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 09:08 AM

So I get a text lastnight from my partner who decided to skip a day of practice on the opens so we could fish TTO Saturday. He said that Another competitor Told him Donnie Moore was not going to let me fish this weekend. Very interesting since we have got two second places and an 8the place in champs on the 3 tournaments held this year and were really looking forward to this event. I had no idea and it was really professional as an organization to hear it from another angler instead of get a personal phone call. I have not missed an even on that lake in 6 years.

Back track to a year ago when they switched lake Lewisville and dozens of teams were shocked and blown away that they decided to move a tournament to I believe eagle mountain instead of Lewisville in May due to high water even though the lake was due to be below full pool (and was) before the tournament. I posted an opinion amid the dozen texts I got I believe on fb and this site just like others did that didn’t understand why you would switch a tournament due to high water on a lake that was below full pool. People didn’t understand although many stayed quite (I’m learning why now).

So when I get this text last night I decide to go right to the source and ask Donnie if this is correct. Last year he texted me about my opinion on the lake change and said if I said one more thing about it he wouldn’t let me fish his trail anymore. That really surprised me but fishing is one of my hobbies so I shut up and never said anything else. Donnie told me lastnight that he is refusing my right to fish the event (just happens to be ray Roberts-huge surprise). I apologized again and he didn’t seem to care. Not to mention the money I donated to his partner when he was sick- I’m not some bad person. Pretty sad days but now my partner has to fish by himself or find someone else all because I had an opinion a year ago about an un expected lake change that many others also did that will get to fish Saturday. Other then your not fishing the other responses bf Donnie were come see me Friday or Saturday you know where I will be and you are not fishing the event. Really mature. I’ve got all the screen shots even from over a year ago. None said I was banned from the trail. I don’t hardly post on this site anymore but wanted to tell my story. I have many mutual friends with the owners of TTO and they were even shocked to hear the news- very disappointing. You ban people for cheating and breaking rules.. not having an opinion and you dang sure shouldn’t brag about not letting someone fish to other anglers. . Guess I’ll do yard work Saturday roflmao
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 09:37 AM

"you don't tug on Supermans cape. You don't spit into the wind. You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger, and evidently you "don't mess around with Donnie!" Kinda sucks, but it's his rodeo. Not cool that he didn't bother to tell you personally though.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:29 AM

That's how it works. You aren't allowed to have an opinion that differs from the people running the show. Good thing our government isn't run that way, I believe that is called a dictatorship.

It's wrong, because people speaking up and providing their opinions is how organizations progress and improve. If everyone is scared to share their belief then how does the business or organization gather true feedback of their operation?
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:38 AM

popcorn
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:51 AM

He asked your opinion about the lake change that was made last year and then said if you say anything else about it that you couldn't fish his trail anymore?
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:52 AM

Guess I better not say anything. I might want to fish TTO again.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke
He asked your opinion about the lake change that was made last year and then said if you say anything else about it that you couldn't fish his trail anymore?

Myself and a bunch of other teams were questions why they moved their May lew tournament. Nobody understood it. Some stayed silent. Others voiced their opinions. I was in the latter group and now all the sudden I can’t fish Roberts this weekend be cause of a 13 month old opinion.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 12:42 PM

Looks like you pissed him off very bad and he's unwilling to forgive. Pretty simple stuff. File it and move on.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 12:49 PM

So he took your money and let you fish all year and now all the sudden he decides he's butt hurt over something that happened a year ago? If he was that angry over what you said he should have dealt with it then. Not a year later. Sounds real suspect to me. I know there is always two sides to a story, and I hope he tells his. However, on the surface this reeks of some outside influence and a person/ group not wanting you to fish. I wonder when he was planning on actually telling you if you had not heard it from somebody else?
Would love to hear his side of the story. Never fished a TTO event, but I have heard some mixed reviews on their events. Will definitely file this under the real negative category.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
So he took your money and let you fish all year and now all the sudden he decides he's butt hurt over something that happened a year ago? If he was that angry over what you said he should have dealt with it then. Not a year later. Sounds real suspect to me. I know there is always two sides to a story, and I hope he tells his. However, on the surface this reeks of some outside influence and a person/ group not wanting you to fish. I wonder when he was planning on actually telling you if you had not heard it from somebody else?
Would love to hear his side of the story. Never fished a TTO event, but I have heard some mixed reviews on their events. Will definitely file this under the real negative category.

Have not fished a TTO event this year. I’m assuming I was gonna be told at 5 am at the ramp when I tried to register. Luckily though word got around.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett
Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower

Have not fished a TTO event this year. I’m assuming I was gonna be told at 5 am at the ramp when I tried to register. Luckily though word got around.

Sorry. I misread your original post. Still the communication side should have been handled very different.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 01:09 PM

Sounds like BS to me, but what do I know....
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 01:19 PM

What a joke! I wouldn’t fish his trail anymore if it were me. [censored] like that runs anglers off. Trust me. I’ve seen it happen to a few trails on Fork when TD’s start making their own rules as seasons go.
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 01:27 PM

Sounds personal at this point, walk away. Especially if you think he was going to drop that on you at 5am, he was wanting an early morning poor reaction is my guess then he WOULD be justified in disqualifying you.

Not sure what road you are going down though adding that you donated money to his partner when he was sick. What was your motivation for that, because reading it made it seem like you did it with ulterior motives. In the future donate to things without reservations on what said donation might benefit you in the future.
Posted By: tjbubba1

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 01:43 PM

"Not sure what road you are going down though adding that you donated money to his partner when he was sick."
Showing his character Maybe he's a nice guy
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 01:44 PM

Maybe they are trying to eliminate the locals, that tend to only fish one event of their schedule, on a particular lake?

I am sure there is another side to the story, maybe we will get to hear an explanation.

I've always enjoyed fishing the TTO events and really have never seen any "trail drama"
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 01:45 PM

dang Barrett, i was looking forward to seeing yalls weight. sounds strange...

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Maybe they are trying to eliminate the locals, that tend to only fish one event of their schedule, on a particular lake?

I am sure there is another side to the story, maybe we will get to hear an explanation.

I've always enjoyed fishing the TTO events and really have never seen any "trail drama"

We have enjoyed them too. We have fished other TTO events on other lakes as well. Just not this year. Always been an enjoyable well ran tournament trail. I have screen shots of all communication so I’d love to hear the other side.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by senko9S

Cody still fishing. I’ll be looking forward to watching weigh in!

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 02:05 PM

Just go hang out at Fun N sun tackle shop all day like the West side guys do. Then he will let you fish! roflmao
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 02:29 PM

Why would you wanna fish a lake getting pounded to death?

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs
Why would you wanna fish a lake getting pounded to death?

Because it makes it easier to do well.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 02:34 PM

That is [censored] Barrett. If you meet all the requirements posted in their rules section for being able to fish their trail then you should be allowed to fish. Only thing that I would think that would have caused a different outcome is if you were publicly bashing his trail and him for his decisions. If what you stated was correct then I would tell him to shove his trail up his a$$ and move on and never fish it again. Chicken $hit move on his part to not talk to you about it man to man as well if he had a problem still from a previous situation and let it get out.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hook'em79
That is [censored] Barrett. If you meet all the requirements posted in their rules section for being able to fish their trail then you should be allowed to fish. Only thing that I would think that would have caused a different outcome is if you were publicly bashing his trail and him for his decisions. If what you stated was correct then I would tell him to shove his trail up his a$$ and move on and never fish it again. Chicken $hit move on his part to not talk to you about it man to man as well if he had a problem still from a previous situation and let it get out.

My posts 13 months ago to him were publically bashing his trail per his words. That’s apparently why I’m not being able to fish. I’m not even mad about it. It’s only a tournament and life moves on.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 02:39 PM

I’ll try to find em on fb.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 03:03 PM

What a fiasco! Sorry Barrett, I always look for your posts on RR and always check to see your finishes on every event up there. I hate tournaments - and this is just another reason I stay away from them.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 03:05 PM

should have found out from the source, not other competitors. that sounds really shady.
Posted By: Donegonefishin

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 04:05 PM

That blows Barrett. I was looking forward to you and Cody coming in 2nd to Zeb and I again.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 04:12 PM

Haha y’all go get em! What’s funny is this is from back in May. Although we were told we could still fish the fall championship- I’ve got the text from the man himself. No words spoken since. Then just randomly I find out yesterday I’m banned. Was pulled out of thin air!
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 04:51 PM

Sounds like Donnie doesn't like you. Donnie also sounds like a child.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 05:55 PM

thumb
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 06:17 PM

My posts 13 months ago to him were publically bashing his trail per his words. That’s apparently why I’m not being able to fish. I’m not even mad about it. It’s only a tournament and life moves on.

lets see all the conversations from FB and away from FB

I don't know you personally Barrett, but I know Donnie very well and it would take something more serious than what I have read here to make him not let you fish .

Donnie is a stand up guy and has no problem telling it like it is. hes fair with no gray areas.

if you are not even mad about it then why post it on here?? why not move on with life?

story sounds a little one sided.
someone didn't get there way after running their mouth a little too much? now pissed because they cant fish the lake they like?

He told you where he would be on Saturday, so why not go up and talk face to face and settle it and get it squashed.
Donnie is 52 and is not going to try and fight you LOL because that is the way you made it sound in your post.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by SKEETER_MAN_225

I don't know you personally Barrett, but I know Donnie very well and it would take something more serious than what I have read here to make him not let you fish .

Donnie is a stand up guy and has no problem telling it like it is. hes fair with no gray areas.

if you are not even mad about it then why post it on here?? why not move on with life?

someone didn't get there way after running their mouth a little too much? now pissed because they cant fish the lake they like?

He told you were he would be on Saturday, so why not go up and talk face to face and settle it and get it squashed.
Donnie is 52 and is not going to try and fight you LOL because that is the way you made it sound in your post.

I’ll be at weigh in supporting my friends. I’ve got every message starting with the first one he sent me to start it all.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 06:29 PM

good deal,
this can be worked out better than this Post and the one on FB.
Posted By: m.sherman

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 06:35 PM

I just want to thank you for letting us know Barrett about this situation So i can make a informed decision on fishing this trail.
His decision to not let you fish does seem very childish no matter what you said really should not make much of a difference cause his decision seems based only on his dislike of you.
Not very professional on his part. Which being professional is what we should expect from a tourney director. Does not always happen that way.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 06:40 PM

He told you were he would be on Saturday, so why not go up and talk face to face and settle it and get it squashed.

wow, this comes across extremely unprofessional as well. childish at best.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 06:46 PM

wow, this comes across extremely unprofessional as well. childish at best.

how so?
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 06:53 PM

Give me your waypoints and I will, out of the kindness of my heart, fish in your place. We will show those guys!!!!!
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 06:53 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bassdude10

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 06:59 PM

Haha y’all go get em! What’s funny is this is from back in May. Although we were told we could still fish the fall championship- I’ve got the text from the man himself. No words spoken since. Then just randomly I find out yesterday I’m banned. Was pulled out of thin air!

Why were you told you could still fish the championship? That makes it sound like you were banned from the trail but still allowed to fish the championship you had qualified for. I don’t know why else it would be explicitly stated you could still fish unless it was in question.
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 07:16 PM

I don't know that I would want to fish a Trail that doesn't believe in the very first amendment this country, that allows us to fish for fun, was founded on. His trail, his rules, is a crappy way to look at that. Don't know much about him or the trail, but that's childish. It's immature. Frankly, it's against what this country stands for. I'm no big time spit out Patriotism type person, but I do believe freedom of speech is important, and that oppressing that never leads to good.

If you don't like what someone has to say you ignore it and go on. You don't pick up your ball and go home when you get your feelings hurt. But that's just my opinion on it.
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 08:03 PM

We were going to fish his trail next year but now will definitely be fishing Bass champs!!
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 08:27 PM

These types of issues are always difficult to navigate but as a tournament organizer myself I understand completely why TTO would pass on the entry. Not pretending to know the whole story and I'm sure it lies somewhere in the middle as always. We have rules related to taking your issues to social or the forum boards and we've sent people packing. As I've learned over the years, anglers tend to think some things are up for debate when they're not and every single trail out there has language in their rules to deny an entry. Regardless these are always tough decisions.

TTO runs a great trail and their track record proves it. One angler and one issue on the TFF isn't changing that.

My two cents...
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 08:40 PM

As has been pointed out, there are two sides to every story. Here's what I was told. Apparently Barrett got upset with Donnie last year for canceling or rescheduling a tournament ... I think it was on Lewisville and rescheduled due to high water. Barrett took it to Facebook and called Donnie's integrity in to question. The two texted each other and Donnie said he wanted to meet face-to-face to discuss it. No resolution was reached and Donnie told him last year he was banned from his tournaments. From what I have been told, this is not new news to Barrett.

I know Donnie and he is a reasonable person. If someone is going to bash your business and question your integrity, why would they want to use your business ... and why would you let them in your door? If someone calls a business owner's integrity in to question, it is not unreasonable for the business owner to fire the customer.
Posted By: JeffLStevens

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 08:43 PM

Seems that a lot of people on this forum must watch CNN and believe everything that the "narrator" is telling them to believe. I would hope that a bunch of outdoorsmen are more intelligent than that. If you read or listen to something and choose to believe that as being the entire truth and then jump in and respond as if whatever you were told is the truth, then you are most likely a fool. Seems to be an awful lot of fools in this country these days.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
As has been pointed out, there are two sides to every story. Here's what I was told. Apparently Barrett got upset with Donnie last year for canceling or rescheduling a tournament ... I think it was on Lewisville and rescheduled due to high water. Barrett took it to Facebook and called Donnie's integrity in to question. The two texted each other and Donnie said he wanted to meet face-to-face to discuss it. No resolution was reached and Donnie told him last year he was banned from his tournaments. From what I have been told, this is not new news to Barrett.

I know Donnie and he is a reasonable person. If someone is going to bash your business and question your integrity, why would they want to use your business ... and why would you let them in your door? If someone calls a business owner's integrity in to question, it is not unreasonable for the business owner to fire the customer.

So I hope you let this post go to posting screen shots of text messages. Looks like it’s come to that because your post is not correct. I’ll get working on this.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 08:46 PM

I think there is more to the story. Barrett sounds like a little kid not getting his way. There are 3 sides to every story. Theirs , Yours and the Truth.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 08:47 PM

that's the good an bad of the net you can get on say what you want but sometimes it will bite you his deal his rules.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 08:48 PM

I think we can just look at how he is acting on here and agree that a tournament director banning him from a tournament is most likely a good idea for everyone involved.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

So I hope you let this post go to posting screen shots of text messages. Looks like it’s come to that because your post is not correct. I’ll get working on this.

I'd get to work on letting this go before a few more TD's decide to pass on this kind of drama but feel free to control your own destiny...
Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 08:59 PM

I've fished Donnie's trails, night tournaments and charity tournaments for 20 years and have never seen him be less than fair. Barrett I've know you for some time as well but I think this is between you and Donnie and should be handled that way. It's his trail and he has a right to decide who fishes and his decision was made based on what happened a year ago and having his integrity questioned based on moving a tournament from a lake that was closed because of high water. His decision to move it had nothing to do with giving somebody an unfair advantage if that was the case he never would have had the original lake on the schedule to begin with. Donnie has done more to help people on this forum than anybody I know it's a shame so many are taking sides not knowing both sides of the story and this is not the place to air it out.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Monte Coon
I've fished Donnie's trails, night tournaments and charity tournaments for 20 years and have never seen him be less than fair. Barrett I've know you for some time as well but I think this is between you and Donnie and should be handled that way. It's his trail and he has a right to decide who fishes and his decision was made based on what happened a year ago and having his integrity questioned based on moving a tournament from a lake that was closed because of high water. His decision to move it had nothing to do with giving somebody an unfair advantage if that was the case he never would have had the original lake on the schedule to begin with. Donnie has done more to help people on this forum than anybody I know it's a shame so many are taking sides not knowing both sides of the story and this is not the place to air it out.

I respect the heck out of you. You are a great guy. All I did was question a lake change. You think I would show up and get excited for a tournament if I knew I was banned? He said if you say anything else about my trail I have right to ban you. I never said another word. All this question integrity deal is crazy. All I said on social media was we were not fishing the tournament out of principal. That’s it. If I knew I was banned this post wouldn’t exist. I leaned from a fellow competitor yesterday. I was never ever told that and I can prove it for what it’s worth- which ain’t much.
Posted By: rkd

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 09:12 PM

I'll fish with Cody if he still needs a partner! I suck on that lake and could sure use a lesson. I might even be willing to pay the entry fees!
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 09:18 PM

I would just leave it alone and be thankful that someone told you so you didn’t have to learn at sign up

Every trail out there has a list of people they have banned at one time or another
Typically they talk it out and resolve the issues, running to social media isn’t the answer that’s for sure
Posted By: RO519

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 09:21 PM

Pics or it didn't happen!
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 09:29 PM

From what I’m gathering you were told last year you were not fishing his events, so why does he need to tell you again. Then come on here and state from another competitor you just found out. It surely wasn’t any new news.

So you were pissed off with the way TTO changed lakes due to water level, which all trails/events do it all the way up to the Elites. It wasn’t a change that was convenient to you and you had to take it to social media. Now the same trail is having a event on your home waters, now it’s convenient to you had your happy as a kid in a candy store with the same trail you were not happy with. Now your back on social media with it.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by B.Hollingshead
From what I’m gathering you were told last year you were not fishing his events, so why does he need to tell you again. Then come on here and state from another competitor you just found out. It surely wasn’t any new news.

So you were pissed off with the way TTO changed lakes due to water level, which all trails/events do it all the way up to the Elites. It wasn’t a change that was convenient to you and you had to take it to social media. Now the same trail is having a event on your home waters, now it’s convenient to you had your happy as a kid in a candy store with the same trail you were not happy with. Now your back on social media with it.

Was never told one time I was banned. I was threatened with it but never ever not one time on my grandfathers grave told I could never fish another TTO event.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 09:38 PM

Not sure why you would ever escalate it to where threatening to ban someone would ever come up

You don’t agree with the lake move then move on.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Fish Killer
Not sure why you would ever escalate it to where threatening to ban someone would ever come up

I made two comments on fb. He came after me via text 13 months ago. I didn’t escalate a thing. You think chad Potts starts banning and texting everyone that doesn’t agree with him? Hell no- he runs the biggest tournament trail in Texas and does it like a business. Differing opinions is part of business.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Fish Killer

Differing opinions is part of business.

This is where I disagree. A tournament organization is a league and sanctioning body. Your entry into which is voluntary and when you enter an event you agree to be bound by the rules of that league both during an event and after. I don't know the TTO rules and if there's any language related to negative posts on forums and social but it's not a debate as I mentioned in my previous post. You certainly have the choice to not fish the trail and the trail has the same choice to pass on your entry.

I'm sure if you took some time to go see the guys at TTO and work through it you'll find them reasonable. Posting here isn't getting you anywhere with resolving this, assuming that's something you're interested in.
Posted By: daman

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 09:59 PM

So as you said in one of your post he said he would ban me if I said anything else on social media..So you go back on social media and post your not fishing the event out of principal kinda like sticking out your tongue at the teacher in elementary school but they turn around and catch you...Shouldn’t have posted anything else
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 10:10 PM

Wow Barrett. This is stuff you handle face to face. Kinda like when I have to sit down and do a formal write up on an employee. You take your lumps, say your sorry, shake hands, and move forward. I’ve known Donnie For 15 years. He’s a stand up no-nonsense guy. He’s from the old skool. You wrong him, he removes you. You talk face to face and work out the differences. It sounds like you are just pissed off you can’t jackpot the tournament now that you know where the big BC sacks came from. I hope y’all get it worked out. Doubt with the new drama you have started here, though. Donnie and Darrell run a great event and will be around. For many, many years.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by daman
So as you said in one of your post he said he would ban me if I said anything else on social media..So you go back on social media and post your not fishing the event out of principal kinda like sticking out your tongue at the teacher in elementary school but they turn around and catch you...Shouldn’t have posted anything else

Tff lawyer. All two of the posts on anything were before any of the texts Donnie sent me.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 10:15 PM

All rules usually end with;

Decisions of the Tournament Director are final.

move on,... bolt
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 10:20 PM

Most folks on this forum know you and/or your partner attained key summer time areas on Lew and RR making for a promising return on your entry fees which you’ve now been burned on twice by the same trail. It looks like sour grapes because your partner is still allowed to fish while you, who did the talking, aren’t. Thus far, nobody who has been banned by TTO previously is here to support your notion that outstanding issues were handled incorrectly by the TD.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by i-Fish
Most folks on this forum know you and/or your partner attained key summer time areas on Lew and RR making for a promising return on your entry fees which you’ve now been burned on twice by the same trail. It looks like sour grapes because your partner is still allowed to fish while you, who did the talking, aren’t. Thus far, nobody who has been banned by TTO previously is here to support your notion that outstanding issues were handled incorrectly by the TD.

Pretty sure I’m first place and maybe only for the banning. Thank god word got back. I sure as hell didn’t know about it. I’d of gotten up at 4 just to be let down.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 10:36 PM

Barrett....don’t let them West Side boys get at you! stir roflmao

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 10:38 PM

I really don’t care who said what. But what rule did Barrett break? If he didn’t break a rule and Donnie just doesn’t want to let him fish just because. That’s BS. So I’d like to seriously know what rule he broke to deserve a ban.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
I really don’t care who said what. But what rule did Barrett break? If he didn’t break a rule and Donnie just doesn’t want to let him fish just because. That’s BS. So I’d like to seriously know what rule he broke to deserve a ban.

He didn't break any rules. Just not part of the west side clique. Barrett is a good guy that's being punished for having an opinion.
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 10:43 PM

I didn't find anything in the rules.
But the First paragraph covers them. From what i see.
Participation and eligibility
Participation in Team Trail Outdoors (TTO) tournaments is open to anyone with a paid membership. At least one member from each team must be 18 years of age or older. Team Trail Outdoors LLC reserves the rights to refuse entry to anyone.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by Sinkey

He didn't break any rules. Just not part of the west side clique. Barrett is a good guy that's being punished for having an opinion.

Be careful lol. That’s more aggressive then anything I ever posted on social media to get banned.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 10:54 PM

Instead of coming on here acting like a junior high school drama queen you should have manned up and met face to face with him to try and resolve it. Too late now though and this thread isn't helping.
Posted By: shotgunwilly

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 10:57 PM

Comes off pretty desperate... almost ex-girlfriend-ish.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
Instead of coming on here acting like a junior high school drama queen you should have manned up and met face to face with him to try and resolve it. Too late now though and this thread isn't helping.

I’ll be at weigh in supporting my partner. When I get told I’m not fishing his events no matter what (for some bs) I want to let everyone know my story. I don’t expect even half to agree. But I sure do wanted to tell my story which I did. I respect all opinions. Even the TDs. It’s his show but doesn’t mean I have to agree with it and sit back and not speak my opinion. All good.
Posted By: txwhitetail

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:09 PM

If the TD wasn’t going to say anything until the guy tried to register that is some BS.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:09 PM

This thread is therapeutic for the OP.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:28 PM

This is why being in a fishing " click" is stupid. If you're sending text to a bunch of guys about blah blah blah . You seem to always play the innocent card . If drama is always following you it may not be them. If you have a problem with him, then go talk to him . Don't throw it out here. That's what men do . I would love to hear his side.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:30 PM

Let's see them screen shots!
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Hardt

+1

I got a feeling it doesn’t end on this thread.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:35 PM

Damn. Haven’t been in here in over a year. Not much changed round here. But I kinda wanna go to weigh in now...

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:48 PM

This is what I have learned on this thread I will continue to fish tto enjoy the great run tournaments ..But I would never use this Barrett dude to buy real estate with if somebody didn’t agree with him geez

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:50 PM

This is what I have learned on this thread I will continue to fish tto enjoy the great run tournaments ..But I would never use this Barrett dude to buy real estate with if somebody didn’t agree with him geez

Fair enough! I see what you did there! roflmao

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/10/20 11:54 PM

Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

But beer is better cheers
Posted By: John Peebles

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:19 AM

Sounds like Donnie Moore is a coward, if the facts of this story are accurate.
He wants to be a dictator and punish anyone who disagrees with his decisions, yet he texted another competitor to have them tell you? No respect for someone like that.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:35 AM

Waiting on them screen shots with dates and times lol
Posted By: used to be

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:37 AM

I gotta chime in on this! 13 months ago, lake lewisville was flooded. 7 ft over full pool! at that time there would have been 1....!!!!! boat ramp open on the lake,,, over in little elm. the whole tournament would have been a mess over there, BARRETT!!!!!! i'm pretty sure that is what factored into tournament directors decision! sometimes,,,,, less is more! less is better! my guess, whatever you said to tournament director was out of line Barrett! the lake was flooded!

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:37 AM

Donnie is a good man not really close friends with him but have seen what he has done for others first hand

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:38 AM

Should have went to him face to face that’s what men do
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

But beer is better cheers

roflmao

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:41 AM

one more time, lake lewisville was flooded! Barrett, go to tournament, and say your sorry to tournament director, and never bellyache online about a wise decision by the tournament director again!

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:42 AM

Kids!!!!!
Posted By: dillydilly24

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:45 AM

If the screenshots back up your side of the story, you come out looking like the good guy. What’s the hold up?

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:47 AM

Should have went to him face to face that’s what men do

Are you referring to Donnie banning him? I agree he shouldn't have told other anglers and had them tell him.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:49 AM

That sucks Barrett. Chicken sh** way to run a trail
Posted By: HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein)

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:50 AM

Been seeing this all around Pilot Point and Aubrey today. Now it makes sense!
[Linked Image]

Barret’s Largemouth Matter
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:56 AM

I say give a couple of your buddies your waypoints and info. and let them go and win it! Maybe they could split the money with you.
Posted By: Monte Coon

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by John Peebles
He wants to be a dictator and punish anyone who disagrees with his decisions, yet he texted another competitor to have them tell you? What a real low life.

You don't even know the man and you are going to call him a coward over one side of the story what does that make you? This post is ridiculous I can't believe how many people are talking [censored] about somebody and a situation that they don't even know.....
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 01:05 AM

did y'all know I now include hot weather girl gifs with weather reports in the ot?

cuz, I do.

[Linked Image]

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 01:07 AM

He wants to be a dictator and punish anyone who disagrees with his decisions, yet he texted another competitor to have them tell you? What a real low life.

You don't the man and you are going to call him a coward over one side of the story what does that make you? This post is ridiculous I can't believe how many people are talking [censored] about somebody and a situation that they don't even know.....

If you read the post I said "if the facts are accurate" and so far no one has disputed another angler was contacted to tell Barrett he was DQ'd. Including the TD. That is a cowardly act in my opinion. I you don't agree I don't care.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 01:14 AM

You don't the man and you are going to call him a coward over one side of the story what does that make you? This post is ridiculous I can't believe how many people are talking [censored] about somebody and a situation that they don't even know.....

If you read the post I said "if the facts are accurate" and so far no one has disputed another angler was contacted to tell Barrett he was DQ'd. Including the TD. That is a cowardly act in my opinion. I you don't agree I don't care.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 01:15 AM

Opinions are like butt holes ever one has one

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 01:20 AM

These screen shots feel like the " pandemic" I was led into believing.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 01:34 AM

I see a lot of comments where people seem to be upset about another angler having to tell him or the TD was going to wait until the morning of. If you are told the year before that you will be banned from all future tournaments, I don’t think that you have to be told again. Find something else to grasp onto.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 01:42 AM

So why the need to contact another competitor?
Posted By: dkmore

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 02:00 AM

I have read through this nonsense for the last 3 hours since I got home. I received a call this morning regarding this thread, but I haven't had time to view it because I work all day and I don't have time to go back and forth with Barrett on this all day. I especially don't use social media to get people to lobby on my side.

I have been told by so many people to let it go and let it blow over, but I have worked my entire life trying to be honest and upfront and I cannot sit here any longer and read through this and stay silent. Regardless of the "he said / she said" things, Barrett questioned my integrity by telling me that I was favoring my buddies. I don't know word for word what was said back then, but I did tell him that the next time he questioned my integrity, I would ban him from all TTO events. He did that and my decision was made 13 months ago. I never texted anyone about banning Barrett. People were aware of the conversations last year because of what all Barrett shared on social media last year.

When his partner mentioned TTO to another Angler this week, it was suggested that they contact me to make sure that Barrett could fish this year because he hasn't fished TTO or even asked to fish with us all year. When he contacted me, it was all through text. He never apologized to me until last night after he told me that he wanted to fish this one tournament because he said that he hasn't been able to fish much this year. I simply responded that my decision was final. I told him that I would consider letting him fish TTO in the future and he was welcome to come to Ray Roberts and discuss it with me in person. He misrepresented that to sound like a threat.

I have worked to be fair to all Anglers. Not everyone will agree with all decisions and I don't expect that. I have Anglers who disagree with me and call me to discuss their opinions. However, when someone begins to bash me and my trail publicly and insinuate that I am favoring others or deliberating discriminating, it makes me sound like a cheater. I take that serious. I have entertained all opinions from others. I have even made changes before based on someone else's opinion. But, I have never had anyone question my integrity or publicly attack me personally or my trail the way that Barrett has.

My decision to remove the drama from our trail is not a light decision. I was even considering allowing him to fish next year; however, I really don't see that he can practice good sportsmanship. It's one thing to disagree with decisions, it's entirely different to publicly and personally attack someone's integrity. This will be my only comment on this thread.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by dkmore
I have read through this nonsense for the last 3 hours since I got home. I received a call this morning regarding this thread, but I haven't had time to view it because I work all day and I don't have time to go back and forth with Barrett on this all day. I especially don't use social media to get people to lobby on my side. I have been told by so many people to let it go and let it blow over, but I have worked my entire life trying to be honest and upfront and I cannot sit here any longer and read through this and stay silent. Regardless of the "he said / she said" things, Barrett questioned my integrity by telling me that I was favoring my buddies. I don't know word for word what was said back then, but I did tell him that the next time he questioned my integrity, I would ban him from all TTO events. He did that and my decision was made 13 months ago. I never texted anyone about banning Barrett. People were aware of the conversations last year because of what all Barrett shared on social media last year. When his partner mentioned TTO to another Angler this week, it was suggested that they contact me to make sure that Barrett could fish this year because he hasn't fished TTO or even asked to fish with us all year. When he contacted me, it was all through text. He never apologized to me until last night after he told me that he wanted to fish this one tournament because he said that he hasn't been able to fish much this year. I simply responded that my decision was final. I told him that I would consider letting him fish TTO in the future and he was welcome to come to Ray Roberts and discuss it with me in person. He misrepresented that to sound like a threat. I have worked to be fair to all Anglers. Not everyone will agree with all decisions and I don't expect that. I have Anglers who disagree with me and call me to discuss their opinions. However, when someone begins to bash me and my trail publicly and insinuate that I am favoring others or deliberating discriminating, it makes me sound like a cheater. I take that serious. I have entertained all opinions from others. I have even made changes before based on someone else's opinion. But, I have never had anyone question my integrity or publicly attack me personally or my trail the way that Barrett has. My decision to remove the drama from our trail is not a light decision. I was even considering allowing him to fish next year; however, I really don't see that he can practice good sportsmanship. It's one thing to disagree with decisions, it's entirely different to publicly and personally attack someone's integrity. This will be my only comment on this thread.

Thanks for posting Donnie! I would like to know how the two comments on fb attacked your integrity. Your own friends send me screen shots of them today because hell I didn’t have them. The lasts text I have from you before yesterday states if you say anything else about my trail on social media (all two comments that the west side clique didn’t like) that I won’t let you fish my trail anymore. I never said another word. So our story’s match up slightly that’s nice. I just wanna know how those two comments attached you your family your integrity. The west side clique hasn’t been able to answer my question either today on fb. All I did was disagree with your decision as did everyone. You never once told me I was banned which you have told multiple people today that you did.

Re: Being told you are banned from fishing TTO from a fellow competitor - 06/11/20 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by dkmore
I have read through this nonsense for the last 3 hours since I got home. I received a call this morning regarding this thread, but I haven't had time to view it because I work all day and I don't have time to go back and forth with Barrett on this all day. I especially don't use social media to get people to lobby on my side.

I have been told by so many people to let it go and let it blow over, but I have worked my entire life trying to be honest and upfront and I cannot sit here any longer and read through this and stay silent. Regardless of the "he said / she said" things, Barrett questioned my integrity by telling me that I was favoring my buddies. I don't know word for word what was said back then, but I did tell him that the next time he questioned my integrity, I would ban him from all TTO events. He did that and my decision was made 13 months ago. I never texted anyone about banning Barrett. People were aware of the conversations last year because of what all Barrett shared on social media last year.

When his partner mentioned TTO to another Angler this week, it was suggested that they contact me to make sure that Barrett could fish this year because he hasn't fished TTO or even asked to fish with us all year. When he contacted me, it was all through text. He never apologized to me until last night after he told me that he wanted to fish this one tournament because he said that he hasn't been able to fish much this year. I simply responded that my decision was final. I told him that I would consider letting him fish TTO in the future and he was welcome to come to Ray Roberts and discuss it with me in person. He misrepresented that to sound like a threat.

I have worked to be fair to all Anglers. Not everyone will agree with all decisions and I don't expect that. I have Anglers who disagree with me and call me to discuss their opinions. However, when someone begins to bash me and my trail publicly and insinuate that I am favoring others or deliberating discriminating, it makes me sound like a cheater. I take that serious. I have entertained all opinions from others. I have even made changes before based on someone else's opinion. But, I have never had anyone question my integrity or publicly attack me personally or my trail the way that Barrett has.

My decision to remove the drama from our trail is not a light decision. I was even considering allowing him to fish next year; however, I really don't see that he can practice good sportsmanship. It's one thing to disagree with decisions, it's entirely different to publicly and personally attack someone's integrity. This will be my only comment on this thread.

Thank you for clearing this up some Mr. More, sounds like there are still some grey areas but, by apologies for not waiting to hear the other side of the story.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum