Forums59
Topics1,039,292
Posts13,962,365
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Evinrude to stop making outboards [Re: lurenthewind] #13574384 05/28/20 08:05 PM
D
dk2429 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Originally Posted by lurenthewind
If I had a E-Tec, I wouldn't be worried about the warranty as much as I would be worried about getting parts after the warranty runs out.

Sad to see them go, Evinrude/Johnson was a staple in the outboard industry back to the 50's.

Pretty soon Bass Pro will be the Walmart of the Boating/Fishing industry. There won't be anyone else left, then they'll move all production to China.

Maybe an electric motor would be hard to get used to but if you haven't ridden in a Tesla, don't be too quick to condemn it. My financial planner has had a Tesla SUV for 4 years with ZERO problems.

Wayne

This isnt Dubai or India, we run off gasoline and diesel here in the US.

Majek 22 Extreme/225 Optimax Pro XS hauled by a 2500HD Duramax

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Evinrude to stop making outboards [Re: dk2429] #13574398 05/28/20 08:17 PM
Outdoordude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by dk2429
If I had a E-Tec, I wouldn't be worried about the warranty as much as I would be worried about getting parts after the warranty runs out.

Sad to see them go, Evinrude/Johnson was a staple in the outboard industry back to the 50's.

Pretty soon Bass Pro will be the Walmart of the Boating/Fishing industry. There won't be anyone else left, then they'll move all production to China.

Maybe an electric motor would be hard to get used to but if you haven't ridden in a Tesla, don't be too quick to condemn it. My financial planner has had a Tesla SUV for 4 years with ZERO problems.

Wayne

We used to run off horses too.

Scott Jones
Re: Evinrude to stop making outboards [Re: Outdoordude] #13574433 05/28/20 08:55 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Outdoordude
Originally Posted by dk2429

Wayne

We used to run off horses too.

The efficiency of an electric motor being able to put power to the drive is awesome. My problem would be cost of batteries. Watched a video of an Tesla racing a Camaro(1200HP). The Camaro had no chance. Lost first race and blamed it on the lane. Tesla driver proposed second race and changing lanes for double or nothing. Camaro was out $1500 in two races.

Re: Evinrude to stop making outboards [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13574700 05/29/20 01:45 AM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by RayBob
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Sounds like a weak, poorly run company, not to be able to operate on a slimmer budget for 6 weeks and survive.

Bombardier makes planes, that's a huge part of the company. If you've watched or read any business news the last month and a half the airline industry is suffering mightily.

Privately owned aircraft sales are like bass boat sales. They haven’t dropped a bit.
I live across the street from Triumph Aircraft....that place hasn’t shut down one minute since it opened a few years ago.

The only aerospace industry that is suffering is commercial air lines. Nobody is traveling around packed in planes.

They are a commercial airlines manufacturer. https://www.aircraftcompare.com/manufacturers/bombardier-aerospace/

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Evinrude to stop making outboards [Re: lurenthewind] #13574713 05/29/20 01:53 AM
R
RayBob Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
R

Wayne

Tesla is awesome. Having said that the battery weight on a Long RangeTesla Model 3 is 1060 lbs. and range is 320 miles. Batteries need more improvement. The torque is amazing on the Tesla. 450 hp/ 470 ft/lbs

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Evinrude to stop making outboards [Re: Ken A.] #13574987 05/29/20 12:07 PM
M
machoblanco61 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
Originally Posted by Ken A.
Originally Posted by mudd
Originally Posted by Ken A.
Still sad to see another casualty in the marine business. My guess is the BRP board made the decision to cut its losses and dump Evinrude due to the slump in the aircraft industry. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the bloodshed over this stupid Covid thing.

I don’t see how this virus has anything to do with them shutting down there engine side. We can’t get enough supplies in thru anyone to keep up. Sales are thru the roof at every dealer I know. We are selling 2-4 units a day

From the CEO's mouth:

“Our outboard engines business has been greatly impacted by COVID-19, obliging us to discontinue production of our outboard motors immediately. This business segment had already been facing some challenges and the impact from the current context has forced our hand,” said José Boisjoli, President and CEO of BRP."

“Never waste a good crisis”
That’s BS, it was time and that’s that. Just makes it sound like the management had no other choice once the “crisis” hit.

Re: Evinrude to stop making outboards [Re: Matt Jackson] #13575115 05/29/20 01:27 PM
B
Big Hopper Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
The latest winners in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb have been electric Open Class vehicles. Formula 1 Racing now has a Formula E, that are equally fast.

A lot of refinement still needed, but I think it's on the way.

My investment guy also says, "We need to buy OIL companies." I said "Why". He says, "We are an oil economy, the price of oil will always go up." ............. Then it crashed.

I'm glad there are wine drinkers in this world ..... it saves more beer for the rest of us.
Hopper
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide