Forums59
Topics1,039,272
Posts13,962,023
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13542767 05/02/20 04:39 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Davedave
Where does it state that they were revised down? Maybe they have, but I don’t see that. I see where they say there is a lag, and it may differ from other sources. If I had to bet, I would bet $6 that in a couple of weeks or so, it will be real close to what I see on a different dashboard.

Either way, all data should be fairly close by the end of the year. If it’s a 2 or 3 week lag, then the percentage difference is much higher now. The percentage difference will be much lower by the end of the year.

Or, none of the above.

Ok, then the more accurate question would be: where did the media get the 65,000 number? And what does the 37,000 number in the link I posted in the OP mean, compared to what the media has been reporting all week? What am I missing?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/coronavirus-live-updates-us-surpasses-65000-covid-19/story?id=70467380

I take that to mean that there is a lag in their official numbers to be counted. Some previously considered to be covid may not be in the end. Some may be counted as covid that were not originally. I keep hearing that there is money involved, and an incentive to log covid deaths. That may be. But, I take it that’s why they are going through everything to be as accurate as possible.

My mom was tested this week. She came back negative. I guess they could have told us she was positive, as I wouldn’t have any way to prove otherwise. I suspect the vast majority are just trying to do their jobs, and not participate in a vast conspiracy of revising upwards. But maybe so. Maybe our health care folks are as corrupt as our politicians.

Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: ReelBusy] #13542780 05/02/20 04:45 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
Originally Posted by Hancock
Originally Posted by Icepick

Ok, then the more accurate question would be: where did the media get the 65,000 number? And what does the 37,000 number in the link I posted in the OP mean, compared to what the media has been reporting all week? What am I missing?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/coronavirus-live-updates-us-surpasses-65000-covid-19/story?id=70467380

The site I read provides links to the state data they use to assimilate numbers.
One of the things you're "missing" could be the result of no uniform process for reporting data.
Every state has their own system.
Based on what metric, who knows.

The states report to CDC and other federal agencies. The missing piece is where do the high numbers come from? Projected?

Their aren't any high numbers.
Their are the numbers being compiled in real time and the government numbers that lag behind because the government can't tie their shoes in real time.
The "high numbers" come from good old fashioned research done by those compiling data.

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: Icepick] #13542788 05/02/20 04:54 PM
R
ReelBusy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R

The site I read provides links to the state data they use to assimilate numbers.
One of the things you're "missing" could be the result of no uniform process for reporting data.

The states report to CDC and other federal agencies. The missing piece is where do the high numbers come from? Projected?

Their aren't any high numbers.
Their are the numbers being compiled in real time and the government numbers that lag behind because the government can't tie their shoes in real time.
The "high numbers" come from good old fashioned research done by those compiling data.

High numbers? The real numbers are the government numbers as that is the only source. Deaths are reported through the government agencies.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hancock; 05/02/20 04:56 PM.
Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: Icepick] #13542789 05/02/20 04:57 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru

Thank you. That could explain it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13542790 05/02/20 04:58 PM
R
ReelBusy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Imagine if official election results were reported high and then the actual ballot counts came in and the results were adjusted down. Would that make sense to you guys?

Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: Davedave] #13542791 05/02/20 04:59 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Where does it state that they were revised down? Maybe they have, but I don’t see that. I see where they say there is a lag, and it may differ from other sources. If I had to bet, I would bet $6 that in a couple of weeks or so, it will be real close to what I see on a different dashboard.

Either way, all data should be fairly close by the end of the year. If it’s a 2 or 3 week lag, then the percentage difference is much higher now. The percentage difference will be much lower by the end of the year.

Or, none of the above.

I take that to mean that there is a lag in their official numbers to be counted. Some previously considered to be covid may not be in the end. Some may be counted as covid that were not originally. I keep hearing that there is money involved, and an incentive to log covid deaths. That may be. But, I take it that’s why they are going through everything to be as accurate as possible.

My mom was tested this week. She came back negative. I guess they could have told us she was positive, as I wouldn’t have any way to prove otherwise. I suspect the vast majority are just trying to do their jobs, and not participate in a vast conspiracy of revising upwards. But maybe so. Maybe our health care folks are as corrupt as our politicians.

thumb

Glad your mom tested negative.

[Linked Image]
Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13542792 05/02/20 05:03 PM
P
pchapin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
P
Revised Corona deaths as of yesterday 37,308, per the CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

I thought the death toll was over 60,000.

[Linked Image]

“No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact”
P01135809
Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: ReelBusy] #13542796 05/02/20 05:05 PM
I
Icepick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I

High numbers? The real numbers are the government numbers as that is the only source. Deaths are reported through the government agencies.
[Linked Image]

I don't know what point you are trying to make but by all means, keep trying.
Government = federal, you know, that place in D.C. that accepts no responsibility and repeatedly tells the states it's all on them.
State, local = where the numbers actually come from and are reported each day, or each week, or even a month after they happen because, well, you get what you pay for.
Which part of this are you having trouble understanding?

This thread needs more cowbell ...
[Linked Image]

Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13542815 05/02/20 05:41 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
If you actually go to the John Hopkins site or to the world-o-meter site they both very clearly state where all their data comes from. The CDC site also very clearly states in the footnotes that their data lags 1-8 weeks. Basically you have state and local governments posting the COVID-19 deaths on websites. John Hopkins and World-o-meter are hoovering that up and compiling it; they very clearly outline how they do that. The CDC on the other hand has to wait for each state and local government to file and then submit paperwork through the usual channels which are full of bureaucratic red tape that takes a bunch of time.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: Icepick] #13542833 05/02/20 06:00 PM
R
ReelBusy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R

[Linked Image]

I don't know what point you are trying to make but by all means, keep trying.
Government = federal, you know, that place in D.C. that accepts no responsibility and repeatedly tells the states it's all on them.
State, local = where the numbers actually come from and are reported each day, or each week, or even a month after they happen because, well, you get what you pay for.
Which part of this are you having trouble understanding?

Trouble understanding why inaccurate numbers would be posted. The process of death reporting is relatively simple. In Texas, local officials determine the cause of death and report it directly to the state. The Vital Statistics is mostly automated as is the syndromic surveillance which reports infections. This is much like election reporting and starts local, rolls up to the state. Not sure why people would accept election results with +40% discrepancy. They are either counted or they're not. The news projects results but we know how that goes.

Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: pchapin] #13542899 05/02/20 07:40 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by pchapin
Revised Corona deaths as of yesterday 37,308, per the CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

I thought the death toll was over 60,000.

[Linked Image]

Can you post a link? The link I posted still says 37,308 deaths.

[Linked Image]
Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: Jpurdue] #13542900 05/02/20 07:42 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
If you actually go to the John Hopkins site or to the world-o-meter site they both very clearly state where all their data comes from. The CDC site also very clearly states in the footnotes that their data lags 1-8 weeks. Basically you have state and local governments posting the COVID-19 deaths on websites. John Hopkins and World-o-meter are hoovering that up and compiling it; they very clearly outline how they do that. The CDC on the other hand has to wait for each state and local government to file and then submit paperwork through the usual channels which are full of bureaucratic red tape that takes a bunch of time.

Thanks. So, the CDC has to wait for it to be official and submitted through a bunch of red tape, but the data that the individual states post, which later is confirmed by the CDC, is what’s being used by the media? That seems weird.

Even weirder is that pchapin posted a screen shot of the 65,000 number from the CDC.

[Linked Image]
Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13542901 05/02/20 07:46 PM
G
Gusick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
The government should take control of the media reporting to make sure everyone has the same numbers.

Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: Gusick] #13542925 05/02/20 08:26 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Gusick
The government should take control of the media reporting to make sure everyone has the same numbers.

roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Can someone explain this to me? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13542954 05/02/20 08:57 PM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
it's all an alien conspiracy, checked what is in your tap water lately?

you will be assimilated within the month.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide