Forums59
Topics1,039,736
Posts13,969,615
Members144,217
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 6 71 72
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Jpurdue] #13518818 04/15/20 01:54 PM
R
RickS. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by RickS.
COVID-19 has the leading cause of death in the United States for the last week plus in the face of the greatest lock down in our nation's history. 2,400 dead yesterday alone. In a normal flu season about 100 people die on a bad day from the flu. Honest question here WAWI, how many would have to die in a day before it wouldn't be blown way out of proportion?

I think it's becoming pretty clear the mortality rate isn't as early data indicated. Hopefully that'll help us get reopened sooner rather later.

Kind of like how New York added 3700 new names to their body count. While openly admitting that those 3700 were PRESSUMED cases. Not confirmed, but pressumed.
Numbers inflated to fit an agenda is part of the mind control. Congratulations on being one of the easily manipulated.

The numbers I posted did not include those 3,700. Very foolish of them to count those numbers in my opinion as it is just going to add fuel to the conspiracy fire.

They have been doing that all along. Asymptomatic but die of a heart attack. Put it down as Covid. I'm really surprised they haven't started adding gun shot wounds and car crashes to that list.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Davedave] #13518819 04/15/20 01:55 PM
W
WAWI Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Davedave
Originally Posted by WAWI
Hindsight is 20/20 maybe if we had instead of locking the economy and well, low risk people down we had focused on the high risk, the elderly, the nursing homes, testing all those that came in contact with those, throw in some public awareness of handwashing and generally being a sanitary type person. I wonder what that plan would have looked like. Instead politicians spent their time grabbing head lines, telling landlords what they could and could not do with private property, creating ridiculous rules which nobody really followed anyway. But those who cry wolf will now claim they were right cause the wolf turned out to be a Oskar the wiener dog.

Are you saying Oskar isn’t something to be scared of?
[Linked Image]

Yes Oskar is a nasty one but he still has most of his face.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518831 04/15/20 01:58 PM
donothin Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
I probably lost more $ last night due to the late frost than the infamous hamburger flopper has lost due to the shutdown. Been self employed most of my career and so retirement funds are in investments that have taken a beating, so I still have a lot in the hunt Macho Man. Go get in your hopped up Toyota with fuzzy seats and jump some stumps.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518833 04/15/20 01:59 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Hindsight is 20/20 maybe if we had instead of locking the economy and well, low risk people down we had focused on the high risk, the elderly, the nursing homes, testing all those that came in contact with those, throw in some public awareness of handwashing and generally being a sanitary type person. I wonder what that plan would have looked like. Instead politicians spent their time grabbing head lines, telling landlords what they could and could not do with private property, creating ridiculous rules which nobody really followed anyway. But those who cry wolf will now claim they were right cause the wolf turned out to be a Oskar the wiener dog.

I think I understand what you think we did wrong and to your points here that I highlighted I think that would have been our best path and one that could have both controlled the virus and kept people working.
But here in the US, as we've seen, public awareness would not be enough. So many distrust the govt and hang on to their belief that the govt does not have the power to make short term changes to their lives. That one feature, public trust in govt, is hurtful to a plan to keep things open. Maybe if they would have kept things open they would have gotten more acceptance of rules that were made to stop the spread.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: donothin] #13518837 04/15/20 02:01 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted by donothin
I probably lost more $ last night due to the late frost than the infamous hamburger flopper has lost due to the shutdown. Been self employed most of my career and so retirement funds are in investments that have taken a beating, so I still have a lot in the hunt Macho Man. Go get in your hopped up Toyota with fuzzy seats and jump some stumps.

I bet he does have the fuzzy seats and one of those fuzzy things on his steering wheel.

Fuzzy175. I like it.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518841 04/15/20 02:02 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Fuzzy175.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Jpurdue] #13518842 04/15/20 02:03 PM
R
ReelBusy Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
COVID-19 has the leading cause of death in the United States for the last week plus in the face of the greatest lock down in our nation's history. 2,400 dead yesterday alone. In a normal flu season about 100 people die on a bad day from the flu. Honest question here WAWI, how many would have to die in a day before it wouldn't be blown way out of proportion?

I think it's becoming pretty clear the mortality rate isn't as early data indicated. Hopefully that'll help us get reopened sooner rather later.

Did the official objective change from 'flattening the curve' to avoiding infection at all costs? The curve is flattened if you look at Texas hospital statistics.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Davedave] #13518845 04/15/20 02:04 PM
BCBassCat Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Davedave

I bet he does have the fuzzy seats and one of those fuzzy things on his steering wheel.

Fuzzy175. I like it.

He could make it sig thing. He likes those.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: donothin] #13518846 04/15/20 02:04 PM
W
WAWI Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
W

Lol, I am a poor man with poor man ways.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518848 04/15/20 02:08 PM
B
barndoor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B
Nope, it was not blown out of proportion. The numbers are low because the government intervened. This was a highly contagious virus that killed 1000’s of people with government intervention.

Last edited by barndoor; 04/15/20 02:09 PM.
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518849 04/15/20 02:09 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Not at all. A successful stay at home scenario will always make you think you did it for nothing. Many thousands dead who didn't have to because of China's mis-handling, and many thousands saved because of the actions that we took.

No it wasn't going to kill everyone or half of everyone, but why do folks feel like it would have had to kill half the population to be worth shutting down for 6 weeks for? It's SIX WEEKS...and you guys are saying that it would have been worth the thousands of deaths it saved to avoid it. Just hard for me to understand that level of greed. Money is just paper - lives are real.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Allison1] #13518850 04/15/20 02:09 PM
R
RickS. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Allison1

I think I understand what you think we did wrong and to your points here that I highlighted I think that would have been our best path and one that could have both controlled the virus and kept people working.
But here in the US, as we've seen, public awareness would not be enough. So many distrust the govt and hang on to their belief that the govt does not have the power to make short term changes to their lives. That one feature, public trust in govt, is hurtful to a plan to keep things open. Maybe if they would have kept things open they would have gotten more acceptance of rules that were made to stop the spread.

I hope you aren't expecting an award from the Chinese government for you blind obedience. You will be disappointed.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Allison1] #13518851 04/15/20 02:11 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Allison1
So at this point are we all willing to admit that
Possibly this was blown way out of proportion?

By reading your posts on the subject throughout the pandemic I felt like you thought it was the whole time.
By casting doubt in you question, it almost sounds like you aren't sure yourself.

I have gone back and forth on the way we handled it. I still think the only reason it was handled the way it has been is because in our society we don't expect people to pull together, even in an emergency like this.
I still don't think it was overblown. I would like to see an estimate on the numbers if we had continued to keep working and not done the slow down. I think the numbers would show pretty clearly they are saving many more lives than any estimates the deniers would agree with.

I don' think its been blown out of proportion in handling. In its reporting maybe but such is the state of the electronic age.

Im thinking, if you heard him say it in person, ‘possibly’ would’ve had a little sarcasm behind it, almost like he was rubbing your face in it, but the crux of the question was, “are all of you wusses ready to admit you over-blew this and cratered the economy, hurt workers and potentially put small businesses out of business forever?”

That’s just how I’m interpreting it.

[Linked Image]
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: patriot07] #13518853 04/15/20 02:12 PM
W
WAWI Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by patriot07
Not at all. A successful stay at home scenario will always make you think you did it for nothing. Many thousands dead who didn't have to because we waited too long, and many thousands saved because of the actions that we took.

No it wasn't going to kill everyone or half of everyone, but why do folks feel like it would have had to kill half the population to be worth shutting down for 6 weeks for? It's SIX WEEKS...and you guys are saying that it would have been worth the thousands of deaths it saved to avoid it. Just hard for me to understand that level of greed. Money is just paper - lives are real.

Money is freedom and choices, I represents the time and effort one took acculating

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518859 04/15/20 02:15 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted by patriot07
Not at all. A successful stay at home scenario will always make you think you did it for nothing. Many thousands dead who didn't have to because we waited too long, and many thousands saved because of the actions that we took.

Money is freedom and choices

So is life...

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Page 4 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 6 71 72
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide