Forums59
Topics1,040,757
Posts13,987,128
Members144,242
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 72 1 2 3 4 71 72
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: CCTX] #13518719 04/15/20 01:22 PM
B
Bob Davis Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
Online Content
Bunkeroid Bob
B
Originally Posted by CCTX
I hope we have learned a lot of lessons from this.

I've learned that china attacked us, destroyed many livelyhoods, and changed our way of life. Surgical masks and gloves for everyone. What a kick in the nads to our freedom of going out in public without "protection".

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Jpurdue] #13518720 04/15/20 01:22 PM
H2O Seeker Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
Originally Posted by bigfishtx

If you’re not over 70, diabetic, and or obese you have very little risk.

40% of the US population is obese. Judging my all the fine meats I see smoked on the forum here, I'd guess it's a higher percentage on the TFF.

Obesity is a medical diagnosis. Was the 40% obesity stand alone stat a CNN straw poll? BMI is still used becasue it makes the insurance companies feel better about themselves and it makes them money. It's an antiquated measure soley based on height to weght ratio and taken a little futher waist line to hip width. No concessions for genetics, body composition, or extraneous factors that may have an impact.

Scale weight and what your perception of a person's current health status never tell the story. Many friends in the medical community some more mature docs who are struggling not with the technology and being pushed to the teledoc portals but with the inability to fully interact with patients and drill down to finding a solution.

A lot more here than 'smoked meats posted on the TFF'...

Last edited by H2O Seeker; 04/15/20 01:25 PM. Reason: Typo

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518724 04/15/20 01:22 PM
BCBassCat Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
What'll be really interesting is, when they can do the antibody test on people and see if it was present and nothing happened. Then wawi, you might get what you're looking for.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: BCBassCat] #13518736 04/15/20 01:24 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by BCBassCat
What'll be really interesting is, when they can do the antibody test on people and see if it was present and nothing happened. Then wawi, you might get what you're looking for.

You have to be careful about some of the antibody test that are out so far. Some check for the common corona-virus and not COVID 19 specifically.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518746 04/15/20 01:28 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Yes, the currently available antibody tests aren’t great.

Another issue has been the quality of drive up nasopharyngeal swabs. Only about 40-50% of the samples have been of decent quality. To get a good sample, you’ve got to get that swab way back there (6-7 inches). It will bring a tear to most folks eyes when you reach the nasopharyngeal junction.

[Linked Image]
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518747 04/15/20 01:28 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
If we are not allowed to open the restaurants back up by May 1st to maybe 50 % occupancy I may just take my ball and go home. I cannot imagine what the owners who make their living from a restaurant are going through ( or any other similar business ) We have to get back to work or we are going to have a really bad train wreck.

[Linked Image]
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: DarrellSimpson] #13518750 04/15/20 01:29 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by DarrellSimpson
Originally Posted by bigfishtx
ad·mit
/ədˈmit/
verb
confess to be true or to be the case, typically with reluctance.
"the office finally admitted that several prisoners had been injured"

I think admitting implies that you’ve changed your view. Therefore, no, I don’t admit, because I’ve felt it’s been overblown from day 1 and used to terrify the easily manipulated people.

Out of all COVID related deaths in Louisiana, only 5-percent were patients without preexisting health conditions. 41-percent had diabetes, 31-percent had chronic kidney disease and 28-percent were obese.

If you’re not over 70, diabetic, and or obese you have very little risk. Those people should be protected, and it starts with them using common sense.

Can you share a link to that information please . I have been curious about the death rate versus preexisting condition and I am having troubles finding it broken down like that . Thanks .

This is New Orleans local.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox8live.com/2020/03/28/ldh-diabetes-leading-underlying-condition-covid-related-deaths/%3foutputType=amp

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Jpurdue] #13518754 04/15/20 01:30 PM
W
WAWI Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by WAWI
COVID-19 has the leading cause of death in the United States for the last week plus in the face of the greatest lock down in our nation's history. 2,400 dead yesterday alone. In a normal flu season about 100 people die on a bad day from the flu. Honest question here WAWI, how many would have to die in a day before it wouldn't be blown way out of proportion?

I think it's becoming pretty clear the mortality rate isn't as early data indicated. Hopefully that'll help us get reopened sooner rather later.

You so want to be right, I think you are thrilled when a number goes up. Go be gloom and doom somewhere else.

Doom and gloom by reporting facts while you say the whole thing is a joke when 2,400 people died yesterday? My stomach turns every time I look at the numbers. I'd like to see everything back to normal tomorrow if possible. If that happened, I don't think I'd be wrong. I also don't think anyone who said this things is causing massive economic damage is wrong. The only people that are wrong are the ones who continue to keep their head in the sand saying this whole thing is a hoax.

I don't see joke in my statement and I dont see hoax, I see said blown out of proportion. Some people dying is sad, so is destroying the economy and the livelihoods of millions of people. But you go on and beat that fear drum, you have done it from day one and I would expect nothing more.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Bob Davis] #13518755 04/15/20 01:30 PM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Originally Posted by CCTX
I hope we have learned a lot of lessons from this.

I've learned that china attacked us, destroyed many livelyhoods, and changed our way of life. Surgical masks and gloves for everyone. What a kick in the nads to our freedom of going out in public without "protection".

Plus #1. However the USA will make a full RECOVERY! flag

Side Note: With all of the money we spend to help other countries I hope that will stop. We need to spend every dollar in the USA until our economy is back 100 percent! Just my two cents. 2cents

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518756 04/15/20 01:30 PM
bassfishinglawyer Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Nope. I can't imagine how things would be in the whole country turned out like NYC or even Detroit, New Orleans, etc.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Bob Davis] #13518760 04/15/20 01:32 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Bob Davis

This one ought to really turn your stomach then since it is not an invisible enemy and can be stopped. I expect you to be onboard for stopping this killing.

I don't plan to participate in a debate on this. So you know where I stand personally on this topic though, as a general statement I'm against abortions from a moral standpoint. As a matter of public policy I think they should be outlawed after brainwaves start (which is pretty darn early). After that point I think it's essentially murder. I'd love to see zero abortions.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518762 04/15/20 01:33 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
Some people dying is sad, so is destroying the economy and the livelihoods of millions of people.

I agree with you here sir.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

[Linked Image]
Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: Happykamper] #13518763 04/15/20 01:33 PM
W
WAWI Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Happykamper
If we are not allowed to open the restaurants back up by May 1st to maybe 50 % occupancy I may just take my ball and go home. I cannot imagine what the owners who make their living from a restaurant are going through ( or any other similar business ) We have to get back to work or we are going to have a really bad train wreck.

Stay the course my friend, better days ahead. And when the local politicians and arms twisters come looking for their usual handouts ask them where they were when they tried to put us out of business.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518765 04/15/20 01:34 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
So at this point are we all willing to admit that
Possibly this was blown way out of proportion?

By reading your posts on the subject throughout the pandemic I felt like you thought it was the whole time.
By casting doubt in you question, it almost sounds like you aren't sure yourself.

I have gone back and forth on the way we handled it. I still think the only reason it was handled the way it has been is because in our society we don't expect people to pull together, even in an emergency like this.
I still don't think it was overblown. I would like to see an estimate on the numbers if we had continued to keep working and not done the slow down. I think the numbers would show pretty clearly they are saving many more lives than any estimates the deniers would agree with.

I don' think its been blown out of proportion in handling. In its reporting maybe but such is the state of the electronic age.

Re: So at this point are we all willing to admit that [Re: WAWI] #13518767 04/15/20 01:34 PM
R
rich777 Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Online Happy
Extreme Angler
R
Way overblown.

Page 2 of 72 1 2 3 4 71 72
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide