Forums59
Topics1,039,304
Posts13,962,597
Members144,199
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Fishinfellow] #13511202 04/10/20 01:20 AM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
[quote=Douglas J]
if closing these ramps can prevent people from contracting Covid-19 and help flatten the curve then I’m all for it.

There is no curve to flatten in Texas. We have a population of close to 30 million and have had maybe 200 deaths. The hospitals are empty. One regional healthcare system made up of 13-15 hospitals currently has a total of five coronavirus patients admitted. About three dozen have been sent home. This isn't New York. I am sorry anyone had died, but coronavirus didn't invent death. 235,000 people pass away in the U.S. every month and many of those are the elderly people with other health conditions who are dying with coronavirus.

Again, I am not mocking their deaths, but life keeps going on.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: texasAUtiger] #13511228 04/10/20 01:43 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by texasAUtiger
15,000 people dead from covid-19 so far and y'all on here like "ARE THE RAMPS OPEN?!?" and "MY RIGHTS ARE BEING TAKEN AWAY!!!" Maybe just take a second and realize that these are life saving measures, not some government entity overstepping their authority......

Hell, if we are ALL ABOUT SAVING LIVES, let's get serious and shut down everything: restaurants, grocery stores, construction sites, etc.. If going fishing is causing people to DIE, let's get actually serious.

But of course that's ridiculous. So just because we do SOMETHING doesn't make it correct, effective, or rational.

And they need to close down all liquor stores, cigarettes, vape shops and no more driving; because people can die from all of those things.

I can go hang at the Home Depot, which is making near record profits, but I can’t go out in the middle of a 20k acre lake. That makes sense...

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Debra Hengst] #13511259 04/10/20 02:05 AM
Greg W Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Texas deaths per 1M is in single digits. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/. Either we're super healthy, or late to the party. My guess is the latter. I'm personally practicing social distancing and being very careful. But I also have a job I can do from home so I'm still working. I've fished every evening this week though and would be going crazy without it. But I have it easy there too as my boat is at the marina at Joe Pool so I can drop it and fish and never talk to a soul. Got a 7.25 over flooded grass yesterday so that was kind of cool. They should just open the state park ramp and let people fish free. You'd just need one person with a bull horn to run people out of the picnic areas. Hell, I'd volunteer to do that just so others could fish.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Fishinfellow] #13511373 04/10/20 03:13 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Douglas J
15,000 people dead from covid-19 so far and y'all on here like "ARE THE RAMPS OPEN?!?" and "MY RIGHTS ARE BEING TAKEN AWAY!!!" Maybe just take a second and realize that these are life saving measures, not some government entity overstepping their authority......

So tell me, how many people have died from getting infected on a lake by themselves?

I will be waiting patiently for your response

MAYBE it’s just me but I’ve been to the lake twice in the past 2 weeks and it has been crowded as all get out with groups of people gathering on the docks and other spots around the ramp. I’ve also noticed this at other ramps besides the one I’ve launched at. So maybe all the other ramps are empty but based on threads like these, I highly doubt it, social distancing is the name of the game and if closing these ramps can prevent people from contracting Covid-19 and help flatten the curve then I’m all for it.

Like I said before please tell me how many have been infected fishing BY THEMSELVES

I am still patiently awaiting your reply.

It seems you could possibly have an agenda. Maybe you are one who likes to shame people because they are not sitting at home, getting depressed and worrying about things that we can't control, while being responsible and fishing ALONE.

Again please enlighten me, if one leaves home alone , drives to a lake alone, never comes in contact with anyone else and drives home alone, how are they not social distancing?

It's not my job to worry about others, I am doing my part and if you chose to not do yours that is on you 100%.

#MFGA
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Douglas J] #13511429 04/10/20 04:05 AM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G

So tell me, how many people have died from getting infected on a lake by themselves?

I will be waiting patiently for your response

MAYBE it’s just me but I’ve been to the lake twice in the past 2 weeks and it has been crowded as all get out with groups of people gathering on the docks and other spots around the ramp. I’ve also noticed this at other ramps besides the one I’ve launched at. So maybe all the other ramps are empty but based on threads like these, I highly doubt it, social distancing is the name of the game and if closing these ramps can prevent people from contracting Covid-19 and help flatten the curve then I’m all for it.

Like I said before please tell me how many have been infected fishing BY THEMSELVES

I am still patiently awaiting your reply.

It seems you could possibly have an agenda. Maybe you are one who likes to shame people because they are not sitting at home, getting depressed and worrying about things that we can't control, while being responsible and fishing ALONE.

Again please enlighten me, if one leaves home alone , drives to a lake alone, never comes in contact with anyone else and drives home alone, how are they not social distancing?

It's not my job to worry about others, I am doing my part and if you chose to not do yours that is on you 100%.

Well, he’s been to the lake TWICE in the past 2 weeks, so he’s not too worried about his health. Guess he’s the typical “do as I say, not as I do” type of person.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: grout-scout] #13511486 04/10/20 10:12 AM
W
whale Offline
Angler
Angler
W
Why funnel everyone to just a few boat ramps. That seems to create more crowding than leaving all boat ramps open.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Debra Hengst] #13511506 04/10/20 11:04 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Maybe this needs to be said again, but this was not about the boat ramps. This was about the offices at the campgrounds where people were coming in & out to get tags, make reservations, checking in for day passes, etc. It was to protect the workers, and obviously it makes sense that they did it. I was shocked when I called a week ago and they were open.

You can whine and complain all you want, or you can go find a new place to fish, learn a new piece of water, new techniques, etc. Life is 10% what happens and 90% what you make of it - go find a way to make the best of the situation.

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: patriot07] #13511513 04/10/20 11:21 AM
F
fishnfireman Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted by patriot07
Maybe this needs to be said again, but this was not about the boat ramps. This was about the offices at the campgrounds where people were coming in & out to get tags, make reservations, checking in for day passes, etc. It was to protect the workers, and obviously it makes sense that they did it. I was shocked when I called a week ago and they were open.

You can whine and complain all you want, or you can go find a new place to fish, learn a new piece of water, new techniques, etc. Life is 10% what happens and 90% what you make of it - go find a way to make the best of the situation.

I thought they already took care of that.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: fishnfireman] #13511518 04/10/20 11:31 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by fishnfireman

Per the TP&W emails the past few weeks you are 100% correct. They initially closed the park stores, peron to person transactions and had went to all online reservations. Then a couple of weeks later they went to closing the parks altogether.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Debra Hengst] #13511525 04/10/20 11:44 AM
F
fishnfireman Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
F
IMO.. All this has done is created more problems on the lakes that have other ramps. It's going to create a major bottle neck.. And really bunch people up. hammer

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: fishnfireman] #13511547 04/10/20 12:06 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

They did.

Patriot is commenting from his couch...obviously. Me? I’m commenting from the boat ramp!
cheers
[Linked Image]

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13511588 04/10/20 12:41 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

They did.

Patriot is commenting from his couch...obviously. Me? I’m commenting from the boat ramp!
cheers
[Linked Image]

roflmao

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Debra Hengst] #13511744 04/10/20 02:11 PM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
If they let people enter without paying that results in lost revenue. Of course so does closing the park.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Debra Hengst] #13511786 04/10/20 02:38 PM
M
metalruch1 Offline
Angler
Angler
M
I'm torn on this issue... and I could care less if anyone on this forum likes me or not...so since everyone has given their piece, here's mine:

A few things I think people are forgetting... you don't just get the virus by breathing it in... you can get it by touching surfaces that have been touched by infected people. A huge majority of people that are infected are asymptomatic. So, they do not know they have it. Think of how many things you touch while loading your boat. Also, if someone sneezes or coughs that are infected, and are launching next to you, well, with out a proper mask...you get the idea. Yes, you can control washing your hands or wearing a mask. Still, it is a risk you are taking and giving.

I agree, with all the closures (Covid-19 related) it creates more people at open ramps. This is idiotic. This creates more mass gatherings than should be allowed. Example number 1, Little Elm Ramp.

We all have to make our own decision to go out or not... but to simply say I don't care about others is the very thing that bothers me the most. If you say its not my job to care about others or I am not concerned with this because I am not getting this thing or I will be alright if I do. This is not about YOU. It's being responsible for those who cant fight this thing off.

Fishing and the people within our beloved sport is supposed to be a brother/sisterhood. There are individuals on here that have some differing opinions on topics other than mine... and, I promise you, there is not an open invite in my boat for them...I'm 100% certain, they don't care either...but, I do not want them to be harmed in anyway. IF I can prevent that by staying home, then that is what I will do. It's my choice. It's not an easy choice and an unpopular one, but it's a choice that I am making.

That being said, I would like to know how many have come down with this Virus from going to the lakes (launching the boat at the public ramps) This is what I wish we knew.

We all know that fishing out on the lake is not the issue. Now, the dumb wake boats and pontoons that are full of people is another story.

Last edited by metalruch1; 04/10/20 02:46 PM.

BOOMER SOONER

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** [Re: Debra Hengst] #13511830 04/10/20 03:06 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
It’s still very simplified, if you are high risk, keep your azz at home. ‘Rona is the new black, it’s not going away anytime soon.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide