Texas Fishing Forum

**Temporary Closure of Texas State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm**

Posted By: Debra Hengst

**Temporary Closure of Texas State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 01:58 PM

BREAKING NEWS !!

"Texas Gov. Abbott announces temporary closure of Texas State Parks, historic sites due to COVID-19 pandemic starting Tuesday at 5pm"

Including boat ramps guys

Here is the press release:

https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/re...KkmHQ3o01k8sWTv1JwE6s1DWv138Hrqms3wl4suY

Debra smile
Posted By: Chris G

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:03 PM

Well I know that sucks for some families that were hoping to get away for Easter but it's probably the best thing right now.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:06 PM

So now the only ramps that were open on some lakes were state parks ramps and now those are closed?
Posted By: forkduc

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:07 PM

Boat ramps?
Posted By: buda13

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:12 PM

Just talked to the park personnel at Ray Roberts. ALL RAMPS ON THE LAKE ARE CLOSED UNTIL AT LEAST APRIL 30th. Every ramp thats open right now is a State Park Ramp.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
So now the only ramps that were open on some lakes were state parks ramps and now those are closed?

Correct complete closure as of 5pm this afternoon

Debra smile
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:31 PM

Well, I used to think Texas had more common sense than the other states, guess not. It’s not brain surgery to avoid other people at the lake. bang
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:34 PM

Guess there'll be a few locked in this evening..
Posted By: forkduc

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:35 PM

Marina?
Posted By: pacertom

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:36 PM

I am all for social distancing but this is way too far....geez man, its wide open spaces & I know I could stay 20 foot away at a busy ramp...So much for the camping Roberts this weekend.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:40 PM

I doubt this has anything to do with boat ramps but instead parks where people might show up to camp and go into common areas. The problem is how do they close some parks but not others. I agree its really easy to launch and fish without coming within 30' of another person. That's why I am saying I don't think this is about the boat ramps themselves.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by forkduc
Marina?

Its been closed also..... anyone with any RR Marina contacts? I'd pay $20 to launch if they'd let us.

Chris you are correct, the State Park at RR has been a mad house.... its not the boat ramps, they are just caught up in the mess.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G
I doubt this has anything to do with boat ramps but instead parks where people might show up to camp and go into common areas. The problem is how do they close some parks but not others. I agree its really easy to launch and fish without coming within 30' of another person. That's why I am saying I don't think this is about the boat ramps themselves.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Debra smile
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:44 PM

Another trampling of state given rights , I cant take much more of this. I am not trying to make waves and am laid up with an injury or I would be out on the lake. This staying home is getting to everyone.
Posted By: Medinalakeguy

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:45 PM

Was going to go to Choke tomorrow, but I guess not any more
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:50 PM

Hopefully they reopen after Easter weekend. Wonder if we the time they are locked down prorated/extended on our yearly parks pass?
Posted By: blooper961

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:52 PM

I go to the State Parks at 6 or 7 am when they open and have the whole lake to myself for an hour and a half until people get out of bed
Posted By: Chris B

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:54 PM

bang

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Hopefully they reopen after Easter weekend. Wonder if we the time they are locked down prorated/extended on our yearly parks pass?

The folks I spoke to at IDB said closed until April 30th but it may be extended beyond that. They talked me into a pass last week to avoid issues at their ramps... hope they add a month on it.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 03:01 PM

Freaking wake boats....
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 03:04 PM

At least the corp ramps are open for now

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 03:06 PM

What lakes/launches in North Texas aren't run by the state?

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro xp
At least the corp ramps are open for now

I hope I am wrong but I am guessing most ramps open to the public are going to follow suit if nothing else for the potential liability. I emailed the FCWD this morning to see what they were doing. Sure hope I don't lose access to all the lakes around here. It's sure been a nice positive break from the constant negatively slanted media/internet in the evenings and on weekends.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
What lakes/launches in North Texas aren't run by the state?

I wouldn't go posting that to the masses with as many lakes closed as there are now.
Posted By: woolyhogtail

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 03:17 PM

Are the public ramps on fork gonna close?

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by woolyhogtail

Don't give them any ideas
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kisndismis
Another trampling of state given rights , I cant take much more of this. I am not trying to make waves and am laid up with an injury or I would be out on the lake. This staying home is getting to everyone.

If you have seen some of the ramps around here you may look at it differently , I get your point but the 6 foot rule is the last thing on people's mind.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 03:22 PM

I don't think they are going to start closing public access to all lakes like some other states as I think they already would have by now, but some problem areas were crowding was occurring they have closed.
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by woolyhogtail

Is it necessary? No. Would I be surprised? no. Ticked off if they did? Yes. Some of this is simply a herd mentality. Someone who may not think as critically as may be required would see a public boat ramp completely full of boats and trailers and think it's a hazard regarding the spread of the virus but us folks who launch day in and day out know full well that the parking lot can fill to capacity without anybody coming into contact with other folks. Hell, the closest us anglers get to one another is actually in the parking lot and we're still talking 30 feet away.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 03:36 PM

This is nothing compared to a 6 month tour at sea. Get a little delusional. At least there are normal ramps open at Rayburn and other lakes. I've been pond hopping, fishing rivers and bayous too. If you really want to wet a line you'll find a way and avoid others. This isn't about your rights btw. It could be way worse.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 03:58 PM

So if you have a boat say at Ray Roberts Marina or any marina and you live on it, what happens now? Or if you have a boat at a marina and it’s in the water can you still use it?
Posted By: basszxl

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 04:08 PM

It's too bad that they couldn't leave the boat ramps open. This by nature is socially distancing. I understand closing the camping as campers are sharing the restrooms and showers. But they could have left the boat ramps open just like the Corp parks.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 04:17 PM

4 guys this morning on a pontoon at the Sanger ramp, 2 guys in a bass boat, that hurts it for everybody.Oh Well !

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by basszxl
But they could have left the boat ramps open just like the Corp parks.

Probably next.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 04:24 PM

Anyone know email addresses that we can give our opinion on the situation?
Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 04:24 PM

Michigan DNR has waived all park fees and boat launch fees and are encouraging everyone to get out on the lakes. Only household allowed in boat. KVD just announced this on live at MLF.
Posted By: bass_n_fire

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 04:38 PM

There goes my plans for tomorrow. Was planning on getting a day on the lake before the he rain and cold front come in.
Posted By: jacks03

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 04:52 PM

Maybe I just missed something in there, but i didn't see in the article where it specifically said boat ramps?

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)
KVD just announced this on live at MLF.

What?! hmmm
Posted By: Joefishin

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 04:56 PM

The problem is the enforcement. It's your fellow citizens ruining this for everyone. No one cares about you fishing by yourself or getting out on the lake with the kids or wife. It's all the idiots out there with all their friends that are ruining it for everyone. They would have to police every ramp to stop it. They can't so they take the easy button and just shut it all down. Don't blame the States or Govt. blame your fellow US Citizens.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by jacks03
Maybe I just missed something in there, but i didn't see in the article where it specifically said boat ramps?

State Park managed ramps are closed. Private, army corps, city managed, ect.. will not be affected by this order. Really only affects a few lakes that all ramps are considered state park.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 05:31 PM

I’ve been quarantined at our place on the Texas side of T-Bend for the past few weeks and it’s insane how packed it is and what people are doing. Multiple families staying together, 8-10 adults on pontoon boats. Crawfish boils and fish frys. I seem to be the only person fishing alone. A lake that large and you’ll be hard pressed to find a spot that isn’t loaded with boats. I have a suspicion some crappie guides are still operating as well.

When you see stuff like that it makes you understand why they want to close ramps. All those folks likely hit grocery stores for supplies, gas stations, tackle shops, and anywhere else the travel might take them on their way to the lake.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit 200 XP
4 guys this morning on a pontoon at the Sanger ramp, 2 guys in a bass boat, that hurts it for everybody.Oh Well !

Maybe they are family.

I saw several father/son filled boats over the last couple weeks. Nice to see.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Maybe they are family.

Same members of household can be in same vehicle and on same boat
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 06:12 PM

If that cake means it's your B-Day, Happy Birthday!

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
If that cake means it's your B-Day, Happy Birthday!

Thank you sir....Ite gave me the think the state gave me the birthday gift of not getting to launch at Tawakoni State Park the new few trips out there....i love that ramp but at least I can still wet a line.... roflmao
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

https://gov.texas.gov/contact
Posted By: ssmith

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 07:38 PM

you can give your opinion but the folks that make these decisions don't care about the taxpayers .
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 08:13 PM

Well I know that sucks for some families that were hoping to get away for Easter but it's probably the best thing right now.

I agree, they did it to protect the public because the public is proving they won't protect themselves. Too many still ganging up and willing to sacrifice a few weeks of going to beach, fishing, etc to let this pass. I want to go fishing bad, really bad, but not getting out there and taking a chance of getting the virus. The lakes will still be there when this is over!
Posted By: photofishin

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by River Man

I agree, they did it to protect the public because the public is proving they won't protect themselves. Too many still ganging up and willing to sacrifice a few weeks of going to beach, fishing, etc to let this pass. I want to go fishing bad, really bad, but not getting out there and taking a chance of getting the virus. The lakes will still be there when this is over!

Bernie Sanders is absolutely loving the number of people willing to give up their rights just to "be protected" by the government.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 08:33 PM

Maybe they are family.

Same members of household can be in same vehicle and on same boat
Good to know
Posted By: the skipper

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 08:41 PM

Yall had to know this was coming. The lakes are already packed like holiday weekends and people just arent doing what they need to be doing.
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 08:56 PM

Ivie, Spence and JB Thomas are all closed to camping, however the ramps are still open. It's figures the ramps are open and the fishing is terrible at those locations.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 09:19 PM

Maybe they are family.

Sorry for changing the subject but is Lake Clark open?
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 09:39 PM

I saw 2 different striper guides on Whitney today.. A full boat of people meeting them at the lake. Do think they were family..

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 09:45 PM

I'll repeat. I don't think this is about fishing. I have been out on the water probably 8 times in the last 3 weeks including the weekends. I never got within 30' of another person during this process including stopping for gas. These closures are about the people camping and using facilities around others that may or may not have been isolated for 14+ days. The timing of this probably has as much to do with Easter weekend as anything else. It's just about being smart and as you mentioned, many are not listening and being smart about it.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 10:03 PM

It’s official! Get outta all TX State Parks....

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by the skipper
Yall had to know this was coming. The lakes are already packed like holiday weekends and people just arent doing what they need to be doing.
People don't get it, i gave up my job for this virus , so and i and other people would not catch it.Plain and simple.
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 10:09 PM

Damn I wonder what Barney Fife at Ink's State Park is gonna do, I guess he can get that bullet out of his pocket and put it on the nightstand.
Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 10:17 PM

So all that fish star park lakes are going to other lakes so more crowds on those, yea that makes sense.
Posted By: JohnnyCakes

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 10:48 PM

Does anyone know if Fork is still open?
Posted By: dk2429

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 11:17 PM

Is the deal still in business?
Posted By: Barrett

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 11:20 PM

Sanger and Jordan ramp at ray Roberts will remain open.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett

That’s great news. Better get there early!

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 11:29 PM

Must have been that email I sent to the governor.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 11:41 PM

Great news!
Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/07/20 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyCakes
Does anyone know if Fork is still open?

Kidding right? Why would it be closed?

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by BrianTx01

https://gov.texas.gov/contact

Thanks, they might not care about my opinion, but someone gets to read it anyways!
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 01:15 AM

It's not because of the average bass boat with two people.
Its the idiots bunched up on wake boats, party barges and such. Once again we all have to pay for others actions.. This is the easiest way to help curb the problem. With that said lakes like PK it will have very little effect. however on some it will pretty much shut it down.
Posted By: TritonRob

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by fishnfireman
It's not because of the average bass boat with two people.
Its the idiots bunched up on wake boats, party barges and such. Once again we all have to pay for others actions.. This is the easiest way to help curb the problem. With that said lakes like PK it will have very little effect. however on some it will pretty much shut it down.

I have a 19ft bass boat and my wife and I and my grown son get out when we can and fish. I'm sure to other people we look like we're not "Social Distancing" because there is 3 of us in the boat but in fact we all live in the same residence and it's no different than being at home. Sometimes I feel like we need to be wearing shirts that say "we're all family" or something because of the looks we get. Normally my wife would never go with us but with all the stay at home orders even she's feeling a little stir crazy and enjoys getting out for a few hours........
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 02:03 AM

Damn, and I had just about convinced my wife to go fishing with me since nothing else is open, now we’re both stuck inside the same house bang
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 02:32 AM

Yup bass fisherman are a minority when it comes to lake traffic, it's the other 90% that get things shut down. The group you have to wait on at the ramp usually...
Posted By: Pitdad

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 02:45 AM

Where is that announcement/
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 02:52 AM

Saw this coming a while back! Surprised they stayed open as long as they did. eeks
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 03:12 AM

Don't be a sheep, be a sensible, smart informed and responsible patriot!!

I fish often with my wife or alone. The "virus" isn't going to come get you in the middle of the lake
Posted By: David Burton

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

I fish often with my wife or alone. The "virus" isn't going to come get you in the middle of the lake

Here's another thought for you. If indeed the "virus" is as easily transmitted as they say and most have mild or no symptoms, then the numbers we are provided as a fatality rate are vastly overblown. It's bad, I agree; but all this we are doing to 'flatten a curve' sets precedent for future outbreaks. Are we going to continue to take these actions for the next viral strains?
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 04:06 AM

Is this confirmed?
Posted By: Barrett

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Hook'em79

Is this confirmed?

It was confirmed by multiple Denton County Game wardens with tenure via a conference call they had earlier today with state park police but then Matt (buda on here) said on the phone earlier said he was told by state park police who let him out of isle du bois tonight that they "may be all closed tomorrow" .... they are the ones with they keys to the locks not the game wardens. So IMO its a big old cluster F but I guess Ill find out about 6:30 tomorrow morning.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by David Burton

Here's another thought for you. If indeed the "virus" is as easily transmitted as they say and most have mild or no symptoms, then the numbers we are provided as a fatality rate are vastly overblown. It's bad, I agree; but all this we are doing to 'flatten a curve' sets precedent for future outbreaks. Are we going to continue to take these actions for the next viral strains?

Vastly overblown is right https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2020/04/07/the-models-used-to-shut-down-america-were-way-wrong/

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 12:31 PM

I was the last person out of IDB on Roberts last night, as Barrett mentioned. State Park Police officer was waiting for me at the gate to let me out. They removed the automatic openers from the gate and chained that sucker closed. I had already heard from Barrett about the other ramps staying open so I asked him about it. That officer advised that to his knowledge all ramps are closed and no exceptions were made for Sanger and Jordan. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will remain open, but sounds like nobody really knows what’s going on.
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 12:44 PM

From what I have read there are a few State Parks keeping their ramps open but none at Ray Roberts. This was governor Abbott's call. You should reach out to him at https://gov.texas.gov/contact . If they get enough emails perhaps they will change their minds.
Posted By: Basshead21

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 01:24 PM

Sanger access is open.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 01:44 PM

It blows my mind how many people are so willing to just give their rights away for an indefinite amount of time with no published or stated end game. How does this all end? What statistical data does our government need to see to start rolling back all these restrictions? If you want my support, I need to know your exit strategy from these restrictions. Until you make that public, I will not support any of these mandated measures. If you ask why I think that way.....my response is you need to go back and start studying the history of governments from the beginning of time.
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 01:55 PM

The next item to be hoarded is tin foil.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
It blows my mind how many people are so willing to just give their rights away for an indefinite amount of time with no published or stated end game. How does this all end? What statistical data does our government need to see to start rolling back all these restrictions? If you want my support, I need to know your exit strategy from these restrictions. Until you make that public, I will not support any of these mandated measures. If you ask why I think that way.....my response is you need to go back and start studying the history of governments from the beginning of time.

2 key facts:

1. Fear = power for someone else
2. The United States of America is the longest standing democratic nation in the history of the world....all the others went to Socialism in one way or another

I don't view any of this as giving up our rights. The government is supposed to help protect our people and that is how I classify this situation.

I don't think we are headed to Socialism yet but as the last 8-10 years have shown, those not willing to go make their own money and instead want the support of the Government are growing in numbers and eventually we probably end up there unfortunately. The reaction to this current situation was a "no choice" one for Trump and the current leaders because the fear was creating such chaos, they had to act, especially with this being an election year. It's going to show when this is all said and done that the average flu season will have killed 3 to 5 times what this COVID virus "season" will. Would it have been worse without these restrictions, most likely. We, as a nation will learn from this and be better prepared but I still remain convinced we will come out of this just fine and things should start to return to normal in the next 30 days.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 02:18 PM

I think most Americans patients is running thin! Having models predicting what is going to happen and having those models way way off their prediction( in a positive way) just does not add up! Sure it is a bad virus and caused a lot of problems. A lot of us feel that the virus does not warrant keeping the entire economy closed down (based on current,updated statistics). The government models are way off the current statistics. America has to much to loose if the economy stays shut down. Just my two cents. 2cents

Side Note: If the current statistics agreed with the government models I could see keeping the economy closed down. However I would try to keep certain less affected areas open. On thing for certain. The sooner the economy is up running the better off all of us are going to be.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 03:07 PM

They extended all yearly passes by 2 months.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 03:10 PM

2 key facts:

1. Fear = power for someone else
2. The United States of America is the longest standing democratic nation in the history of the world....all the others went to Socialism in one way or another

I don't view any of this as giving up our rights. The government is supposed to help protect our people and that is how I classify this situation.

I don't think we are headed to Socialism yet but as the last 8-10 years have shown, those not willing to go make their own money and instead want the support of the Government are growing in numbers and eventually we probably end up there unfortunately. The reaction to this current situation was a "no choice" one for Trump and the current leaders because the fear was creating such chaos, they had to act, especially with this being an election year. It's going to show when this is all said and done that the average flu season will have killed 3 to 5 times what this COVID virus "season" will. Would it have been worse without these restrictions, most likely. We, as a nation will learn from this and be better prepared but I still remain convinced we will come out of this just fine and things should start to return to normal in the next 30 days.

I think e are on are way to socialism.. Look at the money being kick out..AOC wanted everyone get to money. Their are people like her all over America. Being from Germany and my mom living under east German rule I can say I do not want any part of socialism.. The freedoms we lose today we might never get back.. I sure hope squaw creek opens back.. They lose money every year. Once it shut down it makes me think it will stay shut down. In some counties they have NON that have test positive for covid 19 yet we still close the state park in that area.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One

I think most Americans patients is running thin! Having models predicting what is going to happen and having those models way way off their prediction( in a positive way) just does not add up! Sure it is a bad virus and caused a lot of problems. A lot of us feel that the virus does not warrant keeping the entire economy closed down (based on current,updated statistics). The government models are way off the current statistics. America has to much to loose if the economy stays shut down. Just my two cents. 2cents

Side Note: If the current statistics agreed with the government models I could see keeping the economy closed down. However I would try to keep certain less affected areas open. On thing for certain. The sooner the economy is up running the better off all of us are going to be.

They are immensely off, the mass deaths that were predicted even with social distancing haven't even come close to happening the models aren't even close!, if you put a US map tracking cancer and heart disease deaths by county and state by day it would look bad too!
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 04:30 PM

I have to say I am shocked by how many believe in conspiracy theories and how much fishing controls so many peoples lives. They have been implementing stay at home for about 2 weeks and they allowed fishing but that wasnt good enough. Now they are shutting down a few ramps and we are turning communist? Don't you guys have any other life except fishing? My wife is in a high risk category and if closing some things give her a little more security then I am all for it. I would much rather the govt err on the side of caution to protect people from idiots. If they got it wrong then so what it is much better that they err on saving lives than to tell people go do your thing and people end up dying as a result.

I thought the snowflakes were created by college professors but it is looking more and more that maybe they learned it from their parents

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
I have to say I am shocked by how many believe in conspiracy theories and how much fishing controls so many peoples lives. They have been implementing stay at home for about 2 weeks and they allowed fishing but that wasnt good enough. Now they are shutting down a few ramps and we are turning communist? Don't you guys have any other life except fishing? My wife is in a high risk category and if closing some things give her a little more security then I am all for it. I would much rather the govt err on the side of caution to protect people from idiots. If they got it wrong then so what it is much better that they err on saving lives than to tell people go do your thing and people end up dying as a result.

I thought the snowflakes were created by college professors but it is looking more and more that maybe they learned it from their parents

Well sir, it is a fishing forum. To some of us yes fishing is that important to our mental health. Call it a sickness, addiction, disease... whatever you will, but yeah not everyone on here just talks about fishing, some actually go 3-4 or more days a week. I too live with a super high risk spouse, been on lockdown for 3 weeks or so. I get to do one thing, fish. No human contact and I disinfect in the garage before coming in the house. Without that release with everything else going on like firing people and watching business drop like a rock... yeah Im gonna need that fishing time.

Worth noting also that all golf courses in my area are still open and darn near booked.
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 05:33 PM

Bobby it sounds like you need to stay home probably should not get out even for groceries but I'm not sure what that has to do with me. America was once proud of people that would not let government control their lives all the sudden there's a pandemic and everyone wants the government to tell their neighbors how to live..... a once-proud country has come to this.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 05:36 PM

Is Jordan Open ?
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 05:47 PM

I live literally around the corner from Ray Robert's Jordan Moore ramp...I will be driving by the ramp every morning and reporting back here.

As of 8 AM 4/8/20 the gate was open and the ramps were available. There were 4 truck / trailer parked and 1 launching.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 06:38 PM

My wife is an ICU nurse and had covid 19 patients. I can't say how many...She is at risk but i don't see how closing a boat ramp or state park is going to make her any safer. Some people have called for a yearly living wage since covid 19 hit. That is socialism at it's finest... The freedoms you lose today we might ever get back.. Just ask my mom. She lived under Hilter and then in east Germany after the war was over.
Posted By: texasAUtiger

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 07:01 PM

This is a classic example of doing something just to feel like you are affecting things.

If you are worried about your wife, both of you stay home. Literally do not come out. That is your prerogative. But that doesn't have one thing to do with me going from my house, straight to a ramp, fishing, and coming home. By that argument, you should want the government to prohibit going out for any reason, certainly trivial things like exercise, walking the dog, getting whataburger, anything and everything. You know, because we have to keep you safe.

Stopping me from going directly to the lake alone and back might make you feel safe, but it would have absolutely zero effect on whether or not you or your wife is actually safe or actually gets sick.

I prefer to deal in facts, not feelings.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 07:17 PM

So you have a gas pump at your house to fill the boat? you don't stop at a convenience store on your way for ice, drinks or snack? The lakes you fish do not have someone that you have to contact to pay to get in? Contacting one person that is contagious can start a chain reaction that someone being stupid spreads it to someone else across the state so don't tell me it has zero effect on anyone else. I am an essential employee and my agency has already had a couple of people die and right now there are 19 confirmed cases of it and now their entire family has been exposed to it. They can not confirm where they were exposed at or how many in a chain of events had been exposed prior to them. My daughter has stayed at home only going for groceries and now has symptoms and is waiting test results for it. I too like to deal in facts. The facts are maybe you do not come into contact with anyone and that is good but I know there are people out there that are meeting up to go fishing from different households riding in the same vehicle. I know there are people not maintaining the 6' rule and packing boats with multiple people, etc. so excuse me if I don't feel pity for anyone if they close the lakes and they don't get to fish for a few weeks.

Coach, your wife is exposed to several Covid 19 patients that is even more reason for you to stay at home and not chance a possible exposure to you and then others but again you are fighting communism

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 07:27 PM

They extended all yearly passes by 2 months.

This for real? Ours expired 3/31...
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 07:35 PM

Whataburger is the last place I'd be going right now. Any place that has that many people going through the line is perfect spot to get it. Just takes one worker asymptomatic to give it to literally hundreds of people.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 07:39 PM

So you have a gas pump at your house to fill the boat? you don't stop at a convenience store on your way for ice, drinks or snack? The lakes you fish do not have someone that you have to contact to pay to get in? Contacting one person that is contagious can start a chain reaction that someone being stupid spreads it to someone else across the state so don't tell me it has zero effect on anyone else. I am an essential employee and my agency has already had a couple of people die and right now there are 19 confirmed cases of it and now their entire family has been exposed to it. They can not confirm where they were exposed at or how many in a chain of events had been exposed prior to them. My daughter has stayed at home only going for groceries and now has symptoms and is waiting test results for it. I too like to deal in facts. The facts are maybe you do not come into contact with anyone and that is good but I know there are people out there that are meeting up to go fishing from different households riding in the same vehicle. I know there are people not maintaining the 6' rule and packing boats with multiple people, etc. so excuse me if I don't feel pity for anyone if they close the lakes and they don't get to fish for a few weeks.

Coach, your wife is exposed to several Covid 19 patients that is even more reason for you to stay at home and not chance a possible exposure to you and then others but again you are fighting communism

I am not fighting again I am fighting for the freedom's my father fought for in WW2 like many other vet's... I choose to NOT live in fear. My wife knows more about this virus than both you and me ( she is also a nurse practitioner) so I trust her and I learn from her. I have not had the flu in 20 years and never get a flu shot. Again I am in a boat with my son and we fish. I might get gas I wear gloves I have drinks I put in my cooler before I leave te house and I have a Corp pass and a state park pass so NO I come in contact with no one but people launching their boats. If you choose to stay locked up that is fine with me as it leaves the lakes open for me..Now I get that people not from their families go on a boat and I wish they would not but I can't control that. I saw 2 striper guides on whitney yesterday and I know they had a family of 6 on their boat. After I put in never saw them again... My question for you is do you ever go to the grocery store? I see far more people in day at the store than going to the lake..

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by texasAUtiger

This is a classic example of doing something just to feel like you are affecting things.

If you are worried about your wife, both of you stay home. Literally do not come out. That is your prerogative. But that doesn't have one thing to do with me going from my house, straight to a ramp, fishing, and coming home. By that argument, you should want the government to prohibit going out for any reason, certainly trivial things like exercise, walking the dog, getting whataburger, anything and everything. You know, because we have to keep you safe.

Stopping me from going directly to the lake alone and back might make you feel safe, but it would have absolutely zero effect on whether or not you or your wife is actually safe or actually gets sick.

I prefer to deal in facts, not feelings.

Preach brother preach, I agree 100%. If your old with health problems... well thats just life. I think we need to be following the Sweden model and let the young and healthy continue as usual and keep our economy from tanking, and have those in the high risk category shelter at home.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 08:07 PM

Fueling up the boat is pretty simple, much like fueling up your vehicle. Step out and prepay at the pump...use a disposable glove or something between your hand and the keypad/screen and handle when operating each. Wife off your fuel cap after you place handle back if you can. Remove glove, sanitize your hands and get out of there. I have not had one person within 6' of me when fueling up even well before the virus was around. If someone gets too close then respectfully ask them to give you some distance. Plan your boat fuelings when your vehicle needs filled. Its not that hard to do.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by coachallentca

I am not fighting again I am fighting for the freedom's my father fought for in WW2 like many other vet's... I choose to NOT live in fear. My wife knows more about this virus than both you and me ( she is also a nurse practitioner) so I trust her and I learn from her. I have not had the flu in 20 years and never get a flu shot. Again I am in a boat with my son and we fish. I might get gas I wear gloves I have drinks I put in my cooler before I leave te house and I have a Corp pass and a state park pass so NO I come in contact with no one but people launching their boats. If you choose to stay locked up that is fine with me as it leaves the lakes open for me..Now I get that people not from their families go on a boat and I wish they would not but I can't control that. I saw 2 striper guides on whitney yesterday and I know they had a family of 6 on their boat. After I put in never saw them again... My question for you is do you ever go to the grocery store? I see far more people in day at the store than going to the lake..

Yes sir we can't all live in bubble forever, it will kill this country.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 08:21 PM

Wow crazy

I started this thread to alert everyone about the temporary closure that was going to take place.

Debra smile

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 08:33 PM

Fueling up the boat is pretty simple, much like fueling up your vehicle. Step out and prepay at the pump...use a disposable glove or something between your hand and the keypad/screen and handle when operating each. Wife off your fuel cap after you place handle back if you can. Remove glove, sanitize your hands and get out of there. I have not had one person within 6' of me when fueling up even well before the virus was around. If someone gets too close then respectfully ask them to give you some distance. Plan your boat fuelings when your vehicle needs filled. Its not that hard to do.

Exactly. I can put 26 gallons of diesel in my truck and about 50 gallons of gas in my boat at one stop. I'm not going anywhere else and the lake is 10 mins from my house. I can fish for weeks on that much fuel. There is no gate attendant, I launch and fish alone. I encounter no one and touch nothing. I pack my own drinks and food.

In summary, what I outline above is textbook social distancing. More than that is irrational and ineffective.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 08:50 PM

No man!!! You can’t fill the boat with fuel!!! You’ll contaminate yourself and everyone around you! Oh, wait....you have hand sanitizer? Never mind.

Yep. There is a chance that a person could become infected on their way to the lake. Stop, get fuel, get a few drinks, bag of ice. It is a possibility that they could get the right germs on themselves if they let their guard down.

I think if you use precautions, like hand sanitizer and social distancing, you will be fine. If you’re a booger eater, you’re probably not safe. Every single person has the possibility to 100% protect themselves. We don’t need more government protections at this point.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 08:56 PM

Here’s the deal though, closing down ramps (and it’s way more than a few) does nothing to stop the corona. It’s not going away, you and your wife are going to have to accept this and realize that you will live the next couple of years (until a vaccination) in hiding. Right now, YOU are the one that affects your outcome, it’s not me down here in South Texas.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
I live literally around the corner from Ray Robert's Jordan Moore ramp...I will be driving by the ramp every morning and reporting back here.

As of 8 AM 4/8/20 the gate was open and the ramps were available. There were 4 truck / trailer parked and 1 launching.

Thanks

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Hengst

Wow crazy

I started this thread to alert everyone about the temporary closure that was going to take place.

Debra smile

Can you start the next one by saying that this closure has been canceled, please? cheers

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/08/20 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Debra Hengst

Wow crazy

Debra smile

Can you start the next one by saying that this closure has been canceled, please? cheers

I love your sense of humor that's what this thread needed Thanks! roflmao

Debra smile
Posted By: RCarter

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 02:13 AM

Civil Liberties out the door at this point!
Posted By: Butch Good

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 01:09 PM

I’ll be looking at Cedar Gap on Stillhouse.
Posted By: Butch Good

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 01:14 PM

https://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lake/lakefacilities.htm

As of 4/8/2020 Corp of Engineers lake parks and ramp closures.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 01:22 PM

Sanger Access was open at 5:30 pm yesterday
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 02:26 PM

15,000 people dead from covid-19 so far and y'all on here like "ARE THE RAMPS OPEN?!?" and "MY RIGHTS ARE BEING TAKEN AWAY!!!" Maybe just take a second and realize that these are life saving measures, not some government entity overstepping their authority......

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 03:43 PM

Mental health. That is all...
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 05:19 PM

Ray Bob: Jordan Moore
As of 8 AM 4/9/20 the gate was open and the ramps were available. There were 6 truck / trailer parked and 2 launching.

I did notice that as of last evening, they closed of all of the hiking / horse trails in the gate area of Jordan Moore.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
15,000 people dead from covid-19 so far and y'all on here like "ARE THE RAMPS OPEN?!?" and "MY RIGHTS ARE BEING TAKEN AWAY!!!" Maybe just take a second and realize that these are life saving measures, not some government entity overstepping their authority......

Thank you Dr. Doolittle for your opinion... BUT, 8k people die everyday in the USA. The numbers for March are lower than they have been in years, this Covid is killing 1% of the people that get it. Sky’s not falling even close to as much as you think it is.

And once again, I’ll say it. It’s not going away anytime soon.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 07:12 PM

Thank you Dr. Doolittle for your opinion... BUT, 8k people die everyday in the USA. The numbers for March are lower than they have been in years, this Covid is killing 1% of the people that get it. Sky’s not falling even close to as much as you think it is.

So we can just throw some stats at it to make it sound a lot less severe than it is? 1% who cares? I would be willing to bet the loved ones of 15,000+ people would care...I'm not saying the sky is falling, I'm simply saying I think it is prudent to shut the parks and ramps down. Thanks for the name calling though.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 08:24 PM

Hell, if we are ALL ABOUT SAVING LIVES, let's get serious and shut down everything: restaurants, grocery stores, construction sites, etc.. If going fishing is causing people to DIE, let's get actually serious.

But of course that's ridiculous. So just because we do SOMETHING doesn't make it correct, effective, or rational.
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 08:28 PM

Its a damn shame people had to start dying for the first time in history.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 08:53 PM

Oh man. Here we go again.....AGAIN.

AND AGAIN, how is closing a boat ramp directly preventing the spread of covid19? It isn’t. Very simple. It does absolutely nothing to prevent the spread. It prevents people from launching a boat. That’s what it does. Launching a boat can be deadly. I’m sure. You could slip and hit your head.

My REAL issue with this government outreach of control is this.

They can close something to public access on a whim, and will DRAG THEIR [censored] TO REOPEN. If the government would say “its closed from “this date to this date”, it would be better recieved. But it isn’t posted and it is gonna be a drag [censored] issue to reopen. It’s the complete knee jerk reaction by the local government that drives people nuts.

I don’t need government telling me what to do. I have a job that, if I WANTED to, I could work. I chose to not work. I am not getting paid. I am not on unemployment. I simply know that my job falls under “essential”, but in reality it isn’t. Sports players don’t need custom cars built right this minute. I could stay open, and have been told by Dallas County that my line of work can remain open. I just couldn’t keep a clear conscience and continue to mingle with the public. Going to the lake is my way of coping with this pandemic [censored]. I am responsible. I am not leaving my biological imprint in my tracks. I clean before me and behind me when I need to, like when I need to fuel my truck or boat.

Again. Some folks do not need to have someone force them to comply. We are not livestock.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 09:00 PM

Where is the "The Eye roll " emoji?

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 09:26 PM

Hell, if we are ALL ABOUT SAVING LIVES, let's get serious and shut down everything: restaurants, grocery stores, construction sites, etc.. If going fishing is causing people to DIE, let's get actually serious.

But of course that's ridiculous. So just because we do SOMETHING doesn't make it correct, effective, or rational.

Nope, he's right. If we don't shut these boat ramps down we are all going to die. Haven't you heard, boat ramps are where the virus hangs out. loco
Posted By: K3913

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 09:27 PM

So we can just throw some stats at it to make it sound a lot less severe than it is? 1% who cares? I would be willing to bet the loved ones of 15,000+ people would care...I'm not saying the sky is falling, I'm simply saying I think it is prudent to shut the parks and ramps down. Thanks for the name calling though.

No, it is not "prudent."
These actions being taken by governments are dangerous and unnecessary. Crooked politicians who want to control peoples' lives depend on people like you to buy into their B.S.
There is no death toll from a disease that gives politicians the right to shred the constitution on a whim.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 09:30 PM

Oh man. Here we go again.....AGAIN.

AND AGAIN, how is closing a boat ramp directly preventing the spread of covid19?

It must be the concrete the boat ramp is made out of. Everyone is catching it that drives their truck over the concrete.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by JohnButte
Its a damn shame people had to start dying for the first time in history.

LMAO

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1

Where is the "The Eye roll " emoji?

rolleyes

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 10:22 PM

If me or my family were high risk I would be shut in like you should be doing. But, my wife is a nurse and I am a fireman and if we are on what some call the "front lines", then I should have my right to go fishing away from others, either by myself or with my wife.

Fishing is a good way to decompress after you are in very high stress situations on a regular basis. I can only speak for me and my wife, but we leave the house do not stop anywhere or have contact wth any other people, we fish and return home.
Posted By: Alan0127

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 10:27 PM

https://www.texasstandard.org/stori...ns-urged-to-enjoy-nature-closer-to-home/

I been reading this thread since Debra started it. I had planned to fish Choke the next day. Sure don't aim to change anyone's mind, but please check out the above link. I heard it today. While listening I thought of the park staff that typically don't have deal with bass fishermen launching at the ramp, but do have to deal in close contact with almost all of the other park visitors and their families during their day.

Be safe and well, Alan

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 10:31 PM

So tell me, how many people have died from getting infected on a lake by themselves?

I will be waiting patiently for your response

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Alan0127

I been reading this thread since Debra started it. I had planned to fish Choke the next day. Sure don't aim to change anyone's mind, but please check out the above link. I heard it today. While listening I thought of the park staff that typically don't have deal with bass fishermen launching at the ramp, but do have to deal in close contact with almost all of the other park visitors and their families during their day.

Be safe and well, Alan

Damn, you’ve only been lurking for 14 years, what made you finally make your first post?

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

Be safe and well, Alan

Damn, you’ve only been lurking for 14 years, what made you finally make your first post?

We may get the answer in 14 more years.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/09/20 11:10 PM

So tell me, how many people have died from getting infected on a lake by themselves?

MAYBE it’s just me but I’ve been to the lake twice in the past 2 weeks and it has been crowded as all get out with groups of people gathering on the docks and other spots around the ramp. I’ve also noticed this at other ramps besides the one I’ve launched at. So maybe all the other ramps are empty but based on threads like these, I highly doubt it, social distancing is the name of the game and if closing these ramps can prevent people from contracting Covid-19 and help flatten the curve then I’m all for it.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 12:48 AM

Yes sir... its just you. LOL.

People in general are stupid, take away the boat ramps and they'll all go gather at each others houses or somewhere else. Taking the ramps away punishes those of us doing the right thing, you really think those people are only hanging out together because they are able to go to the lake? The people ignoring social distancing are going to ignore it no matter what is available to them. The problem is NOT the boat ramps!
Posted By: Razorback

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 01:20 AM

[quote=Douglas J]
if closing these ramps can prevent people from contracting Covid-19 and help flatten the curve then I’m all for it.

There is no curve to flatten in Texas. We have a population of close to 30 million and have had maybe 200 deaths. The hospitals are empty. One regional healthcare system made up of 13-15 hospitals currently has a total of five coronavirus patients admitted. About three dozen have been sent home. This isn't New York. I am sorry anyone had died, but coronavirus didn't invent death. 235,000 people pass away in the U.S. every month and many of those are the elderly people with other health conditions who are dying with coronavirus.

Again, I am not mocking their deaths, but life keeps going on.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 01:43 AM

And they need to close down all liquor stores, cigarettes, vape shops and no more driving; because people can die from all of those things.

I can go hang at the Home Depot, which is making near record profits, but I can’t go out in the middle of a 20k acre lake. That makes sense...
Posted By: Greg W

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 02:05 AM

Texas deaths per 1M is in single digits. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/. Either we're super healthy, or late to the party. My guess is the latter. I'm personally practicing social distancing and being very careful. But I also have a job I can do from home so I'm still working. I've fished every evening this week though and would be going crazy without it. But I have it easy there too as my boat is at the marina at Joe Pool so I can drop it and fish and never talk to a soul. Got a 7.25 over flooded grass yesterday so that was kind of cool. They should just open the state park ramp and let people fish free. You'd just need one person with a bull horn to run people out of the picnic areas. Hell, I'd volunteer to do that just so others could fish.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 03:13 AM

MAYBE it’s just me but I’ve been to the lake twice in the past 2 weeks and it has been crowded as all get out with groups of people gathering on the docks and other spots around the ramp. I’ve also noticed this at other ramps besides the one I’ve launched at. So maybe all the other ramps are empty but based on threads like these, I highly doubt it, social distancing is the name of the game and if closing these ramps can prevent people from contracting Covid-19 and help flatten the curve then I’m all for it.

Like I said before please tell me how many have been infected fishing BY THEMSELVES

I am still patiently awaiting your reply.

It seems you could possibly have an agenda. Maybe you are one who likes to shame people because they are not sitting at home, getting depressed and worrying about things that we can't control, while being responsible and fishing ALONE.

Again please enlighten me, if one leaves home alone , drives to a lake alone, never comes in contact with anyone else and drives home alone, how are they not social distancing?

It's not my job to worry about others, I am doing my part and if you chose to not do yours that is on you 100%.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 04:05 AM

Like I said before please tell me how many have been infected fishing BY THEMSELVES

I am still patiently awaiting your reply.

It seems you could possibly have an agenda. Maybe you are one who likes to shame people because they are not sitting at home, getting depressed and worrying about things that we can't control, while being responsible and fishing ALONE.

Again please enlighten me, if one leaves home alone , drives to a lake alone, never comes in contact with anyone else and drives home alone, how are they not social distancing?

It's not my job to worry about others, I am doing my part and if you chose to not do yours that is on you 100%.

Well, he’s been to the lake TWICE in the past 2 weeks, so he’s not too worried about his health. Guess he’s the typical “do as I say, not as I do” type of person.
Posted By: whale

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 10:12 AM

Why funnel everyone to just a few boat ramps. That seems to create more crowding than leaving all boat ramps open.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 11:04 AM

Maybe this needs to be said again, but this was not about the boat ramps. This was about the offices at the campgrounds where people were coming in & out to get tags, make reservations, checking in for day passes, etc. It was to protect the workers, and obviously it makes sense that they did it. I was shocked when I called a week ago and they were open.

You can whine and complain all you want, or you can go find a new place to fish, learn a new piece of water, new techniques, etc. Life is 10% what happens and 90% what you make of it - go find a way to make the best of the situation.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by patriot07
Maybe this needs to be said again, but this was not about the boat ramps. This was about the offices at the campgrounds where people were coming in & out to get tags, make reservations, checking in for day passes, etc. It was to protect the workers, and obviously it makes sense that they did it. I was shocked when I called a week ago and they were open.

You can whine and complain all you want, or you can go find a new place to fish, learn a new piece of water, new techniques, etc. Life is 10% what happens and 90% what you make of it - go find a way to make the best of the situation.

I thought they already took care of that.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 11:31 AM

Per the TP&W emails the past few weeks you are 100% correct. They initially closed the park stores, peron to person transactions and had went to all online reservations. Then a couple of weeks later they went to closing the parks altogether.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 11:44 AM

IMO.. All this has done is created more problems on the lakes that have other ramps. It's going to create a major bottle neck.. And really bunch people up. hammer

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 12:06 PM

They did.

Patriot is commenting from his couch...obviously. Me? I’m commenting from the boat ramp!
cheers
[Linked Image]
Posted By: WAWI

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 12:41 PM

They did.

Patriot is commenting from his couch...obviously. Me? I’m commenting from the boat ramp!
cheers
[Linked Image]

roflmao

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 02:11 PM

If they let people enter without paying that results in lost revenue. Of course so does closing the park.
Posted By: metalruch1

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 02:38 PM

I'm torn on this issue... and I could care less if anyone on this forum likes me or not...so since everyone has given their piece, here's mine:

A few things I think people are forgetting... you don't just get the virus by breathing it in... you can get it by touching surfaces that have been touched by infected people. A huge majority of people that are infected are asymptomatic. So, they do not know they have it. Think of how many things you touch while loading your boat. Also, if someone sneezes or coughs that are infected, and are launching next to you, well, with out a proper mask...you get the idea. Yes, you can control washing your hands or wearing a mask. Still, it is a risk you are taking and giving.

I agree, with all the closures (Covid-19 related) it creates more people at open ramps. This is idiotic. This creates more mass gatherings than should be allowed. Example number 1, Little Elm Ramp.

We all have to make our own decision to go out or not... but to simply say I don't care about others is the very thing that bothers me the most. If you say its not my job to care about others or I am not concerned with this because I am not getting this thing or I will be alright if I do. This is not about YOU. It's being responsible for those who cant fight this thing off.

Fishing and the people within our beloved sport is supposed to be a brother/sisterhood. There are individuals on here that have some differing opinions on topics other than mine... and, I promise you, there is not an open invite in my boat for them...I'm 100% certain, they don't care either...but, I do not want them to be harmed in anyway. IF I can prevent that by staying home, then that is what I will do. It's my choice. It's not an easy choice and an unpopular one, but it's a choice that I am making.

That being said, I would like to know how many have come down with this Virus from going to the lakes (launching the boat at the public ramps) This is what I wish we knew.

We all know that fishing out on the lake is not the issue. Now, the dumb wake boats and pontoons that are full of people is another story.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 03:06 PM

It’s still very simplified, if you are high risk, keep your azz at home. ‘Rona is the new black, it’s not going away anytime soon.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by metalruch1
I'm torn on this issue... and I could care less if anyone on this forum likes me or not...so since everyone has given their piece, here's mine:

A few things I think people are forgetting... you don't just get the virus by breathing it in... you can get it by touching surfaces that have been touched by infected people. A huge majority of people that are infected are asymptomatic. So, they do not know they have it. Think of how many things you touch while loading your boat. Also, if someone sneezes or coughs that are infected, and are launching next to you, well, with out a proper mask...you get the idea. Yes, you can control washing your hands or wearing a mask. Still, it is a risk you are taking and giving.

I agree, with all the closures (Covid-19 related) it creates more people at open ramps. This is idiotic. This creates more mass gatherings than should be allowed. Example number 1, Little Elm Ramp.

We all have to make our own decision to go out or not... but to simply say I don't care about others is the very thing that bothers me the most. If you say its not my job to care about others or I am not concerned with this because I am not getting this thing or I will be alright if I do. This is not about YOU. It's being responsible for those who cant fight this thing off.

Fishing and the people within our beloved sport is supposed to be a brother/sisterhood. There are individuals on here that have some differing opinions on topics other than mine... and, I promise you, there is not an open invite in my boat for them...I'm 100% certain, they don't care either...but, I do not want them to be harmed in anyway. IF I can prevent that by staying home, then that is what I will do. It's my choice. It's not an easy choice and an unpopular one, but it's a choice that I am making.

That being said, I would like to know how many have come down with this Virus from going to the lakes (launching the boat at the public ramps) This is what I wish we knew.

We all know that fishing out on the lake is not the issue. Now, the dumb wake boats and pontoons that are full of people is another story.

You can get from breathing in the virus. Viruses are airborne also but your chances are better by droplets. Your chances of getting them outside are very slim. Viruses like indoor confined areas. I went to two lake yesterday since fishing stunk at one. First lake 3 boats and talked to a guy from 30 yards away.. Second lake was bigger and saw 5 boat at one ramp and never talk to anyone.. The reason why I think they closed the state parks is for Easter weekend. They would be crowded and if just the boats ramps were open then people would still go and use the parks that never fish or ski.. People would bring their families and hunt Easter eggs.
Posted By: 361V

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 03:31 PM

Ya, the “outdoor venue” closings are sad. Actually thought TPWD handled this topic well...initially. You had to make all your reservations online so you could drive through the park entrance gates without getting out of your vehicle. Seemed like a plan to remain compliant and still allow outdoor usage. Didn’t last long. We just had a camping reservation cancelled under the new complete closure plan. “They” mean well but I don’t agree with this decision. As far as EVERYONE following the rules doing the right thing once inside? Never going to happen. They can’t.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 03:45 PM

Be safe and well, Alan

Alan, Thank you for sharing this article with us and I was able to listen to the 5 minute interview with TP&W Executive Director Carter Smith on the closures through the link you provided above.

BTW ,,, Welcome to the TFF welcome

Debra smile

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 04:29 PM

What do I touch at the ramp? My own boat, my truck, my winch, my electronics, my transom saver. I launch the boat, beach it, pull the truck out, and walk back to get in my boat. If there is nowhere to beach I might touch a cleat on the pier so I can tie my boat there.

If I do, I wash my hands or use sanitizer.

What does everyone else touch? I want to be sure I'm not missing out on something.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback
What do I touch at the ramp? My own boat, my truck, my winch, my electronics, my transom saver. I launch the boat, beach it, pull the truck out, and walk back to get in my boat. If there is nowhere to beach I might touch a cleat on the pier so I can tie my boat there.

What does everyone else touch? I want to be sure I'm not missing out on something.

Come on man, you know you rub your hands all over everyone else’s boats. I will sometimes drool or lick a real fancy boat that pulls up near me. Then, I’ll try my best to sneeze and cough as hard as I can as I walk up & down every isle in the parking lot.

Dear TPWD, thank you for keeping me safe. Instead of fishing, I will spend my weekend crawling up a ladder with a 15lb chainsaw and stretch out as far as I can, to cut some branches with a high revving super sharp tool. I might not have a chance of being the 99% that survives corona, but I just might be able to maim myself with my saw. Thank you for this blessing.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 09:21 PM

Come on man, you know you rub your hands all over everyone else’s boats. I will sometimes drool or lick a real fancy boat that pulls up near me. Then, I’ll try my best to sneeze and cough as hard as I can as I walk up & down every isle in the parking lot.

Dear TPWD, thank you for keeping me safe. Instead of fishing, I will spend my weekend crawling up a ladder with a 15lb chainsaw and stretch out as far as I can, to cut some branches with a high revving super sharp tool. I might not have a chance of being the 99% that survives corona, but I just might be able to maim myself with my saw. Thank you for this blessing.

Don’t lick me boat, please. roflmao
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 09:53 PM

I don't think you read the post

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 10:10 PM

I concur 100%!!

I leave my house and go to a lake, touch my truck, my boat and my fishing equipment. I load my boat up, get back in my truck and drive to my home.
If I have to get gas, I use the appropriate precautions to do so. My wife and 2 other people have been in my boat in the past 6 months and only my wife in the past 5 weeks.

If that's not social distancing I am not sure what some of the geniuses on here think it is?

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/10/20 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1

I don't think you read the post

Haha. Says the member with “Ranger”’in his name and a pic of a BCB in his sig.
cheers

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/11/20 01:06 AM

I concur 100%!!

I leave my house and go to a lake, touch my truck, my boat and my fishing equipment. I load my boat up, get back in my truck and drive to my home.
If I have to get gas, I use the appropriate precautions to do so. My wife and 2 other people have been in my boat in the past 6 months and only my wife in the past 5 weeks.

If that's not social distancing I am not sure what some of the geniuses on here think it is?

And hopefully I touch some bass.. Hope they don't gave the virus..

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/11/20 03:17 AM

Hopefully reopening state parks is part of Abbott's plan next week when he unveils how he is gonna reopen businesses.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/h...269-f1c36a64-eedc-4d08-bf40-97c62ffcb39b

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/11/20 03:18 AM

Hopefully reopening state parks is part of Abbott's plan next week when he unveils how he is gonna reopen businesses.

bars, massage parlors and casinos

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/13/20 05:31 PM

Day 7...

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/14/20 01:04 AM

Grout is Mason Point still open at Choke?

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/14/20 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by RCarter
Grout is Mason Point still open at Choke?

Yes sir, might be useable during the week. Madhouse on the weekends, parking for about 30 trucks and then you have to park along the side of park road 7 in the thorny brush. The state workers wouldn’t even push the dock down into the water, it’s almost completely on land.

No good reason why they couldn’t open up 99 and South Shore.
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/14/20 05:33 AM

If you are scared to get the virus, STAY HOME.

Good Grief. This thing is way out of control. And there are plenty of people that believe it's the government's role to protect all of us from ourselves.

Government officials are making decisions to protect their jobs. It's a lemming mentality that has gone haywire. Everyone trying to make sure they follow the leader and shut something down so they can say they shut something down.

All CYA at it's finest and lots of people buying in.

Again, if you are scared to get the virus, STAY HOME. My stupidity can not infect you if you don't leave your house for the next two years while this runs it's course.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/14/20 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by TwoLakes
If you are scared to get the virus, STAY HOME.

Good Grief. This thing is way out of control. And there are plenty of people that believe it's the government's role to protect all of us from ourselves.

Government officials are making decisions to protect their jobs. It's a lemming mentality that has gone haywire. Everyone trying to make sure they follow the leader and shut something down so they can say they shut something down.

All CYA at it's finest and lots of people buying in.

Again, if you are scared to get the virus, STAY HOME. My stupidity can not infect you if you don't leave your house for the next two years while this runs it's course.

Except you don't just affect you or the people that don't stay home of their own free will. I worked in hospitals for several years until I switched over to IT. When aids was brand new and I had to draw blood as part of my job. One misstep with a needle and someone else's decisions could have cost me my life. Same applies here. This isn't only about our decisions. The health workers are begging us to stay home so they can try and get some control while drugs go through trials. I've sat there and watched patients code. Just stood there while they die. It's not easy. I'm doing it for them as well as my family.

I'm still fishing. I can fish and not be within 20 feet of another person. But I'm taking every reasonable precaution I can. You can have your opinion and I can have mine. Just remember the EMT and health care workers because they don't get a choice. They're going to show up to work regardless of what decision either of us makes.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/14/20 06:22 AM

I concur 100%!!

100% agree. State park closures are creating a huge mess at the ramps that are open. Fishing should be fine if you have even 1/4 a clue and just keep your distance from others. I'm fishing alone which kind of sucks but hard not to touch areas of the boat if I've got a partner. I fished 5 nights last week and will again once the front settles. And my risk is next to 0. I'm careful, keep my distance, and don't have to tie to any dock. Social distancing at it's finest. I did post just a second about respecting health care workers by doing all we can. But fishing isn't the problem. Pool parties are, gun ranges certainly can be. Fishing not so much especially if you do it alone or with a family member living in your house. The boating problem isn't the fisherman. It's loading 8 people that clearly aren't from the same family into a pontoon boat for a party cruise around the lake.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/14/20 11:46 AM

And the golf courses never forced to close...

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/14/20 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

And the golf courses never forced to close...

Yea, a little consistency would be nice. Golf everyones sticking their hand in the same damn hole. If they are using carts, well, enough said.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/14/20 04:31 PM

Day 8.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/15/20 08:02 PM

Day 9...

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/16/20 11:41 PM

I almost forgot, day 10.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/17/20 12:02 AM

Maybe some good news tomorrow, surely Texas can start phase 1, and in that, open up state parks.
Posted By: Go-N-Slow

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/17/20 12:28 AM

Fishing is considered an essential activity by the govenor yet they close the state parks...that makes no sense...also it can supplement your food sources to keep you out of walmart...all people need to were mask and eye protection as covid 19 is a droplet precaution virus that affects the lungs spread through your mucus membranes...if you dont know if a stranger in public has tested negative you should consider them as a risk of spreading it to you...dont touch your face..

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/17/20 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Maybe some good news tomorrow, surely Texas can start phase 1, and in that, open up state parks.

At least go back where you make a reservation online so their rangers don't have to be there in person but you could still use the ramp.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/17/20 04:03 PM

Day 11

Dear TPWD, Thank you for extending my annual pass for 2 months, now I see why you did that. Such thoughtfulness of you and I can work around 7 other guys at a construction site and walk around Home Depot with 100 other people; but you have kept me safe from drowning in the lake. Thank you so much Governor Abbott, I’ll never vote for you again. (Edit: last comment to be determined now)
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/17/20 05:17 PM

Stare Parks back open on Monday 20th...…..

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/17/20 05:18 PM

Boom!
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/17/20 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger
Stare Parks back open on Monday 20th...…..

*with no groups over 5 and masks must be worn at park facilities if I heard him correct. Let's see how long it takes people to jack that up...
Posted By: Tink

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/17/20 05:46 PM

I think I know what has everyone Jacked up they had to use their stimulus check to make a boat payment instead of buying beer

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/17/20 05:47 PM

Day 11

Dear TPWD, Thank you for extending my annual pass for 2 months, now I see why you did that. Such thoughtfulness of you and I can work around 7 other guys at a construction site and walk around Home Depot with 100 other people; but you have kept me safe from drowning in the lake. Thank you so much Governor Abbott, I’ll never vote for you again.

He heard you Grout!

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/17/20 05:59 PM

Day 11

Dear TPWD, Thank you for extending my annual pass for 2 months, now I see why you did that. Such thoughtfulness of you and I can work around 7 other guys at a construction site and walk around Home Depot with 100 other people; but you have kept me safe from drowning in the lake. Thank you so much Governor Abbott, I’ll never vote for you again.

He heard you Grout!

Not soon enough, I’m stir crazy!
Posted By: Bassgetter

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/17/20 06:24 PM

state parks will be opened again. Gov. Abbott announced during his news conference today.

Re: **Temporary Closure of State Parks 4/7/2020 at 5pm** - 04/17/20 06:24 PM

Day 11

He heard you Grout!

Not soon enough, I’m stir crazy!

As we all are!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum