Forums59
Topics1,039,297
Posts13,962,438
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: Mark Jones] #13427487 02/05/20 03:25 AM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Big O, if you or anyone else is bent because of change, prepare yourself to continue to spin out. It’s a startup, it’s going to change a lot over the next couple of years if not longer. No one over there is confused by that. Maybe you and a handful of others are but that’s about it. The leagues will continue to evolve and so will the sport. Embrace the change. Or spam the board over and over.

Your call...

Your definition of start-up is strange to me. I contend when they merged with FLW they ceased to be a start-up.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: David Burton] #13427496 02/05/20 03:31 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by David Burton
Big O, if you or anyone else is bent because of change, prepare yourself to continue to spin out. It’s a startup, it’s going to change a lot over the next couple of years if not longer. No one over there is confused by that. Maybe you and a handful of others are but that’s about it. The leagues will continue to evolve and so will the sport. Embrace the change. Or spam the board over and over.

Your call...

Your definition of start-up is strange to me. I contend when they merged with FLW they ceased to be a start-up.

And MLF has been going on for 9 years or so now. They’d been dead to the world without that previous name recognition.

Just seems like it was 1 short year ago, that someone was claiming that every tournament in the future was going to be mlf style. Sure don’t see that being spouted anymore.

Last edited by grout-scout; 02/05/20 03:34 AM.
Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: buda13] #13427515 02/05/20 03:48 AM
T
topherdel Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted by buda13
roflmao

I especially liked this part about Edwin "Strip Mining" that spot he wont it all on. LMAO! You just cant make this stuff up.... I think he forgot all those fish that were caught were released in the same spot. Heck Edwin probably caught a few of em twice during his "scorched earth" tactic. roflmao roflmao roflmao

https://anglerschannel.com/opinion-piece-glass-house/

"By contrast, we all watched MLF pros last year as they hammered up to 80 fish from a single small area or big school. No upgrades, just cookie cutter, one-pound-and-a-few-ounces fish. Hooked and handled. Over and over. No need to move to a different area in search of a different class of fish and therefore give rest to the spot currently being strip-mined for every single little fish it can give up. Given the day off an MLF pro enjoys between rounds and that many MLF events place competitors on different bodies of water throughout the week, pros are further incentivized to exploit this scorched earth tactic.

Good luck to the recreational angler who shows up on that spot Saturday morning. He would be better served if the MLF pro had just kept and killed his legal limit and left the area otherwise unmolested."

I think you missed the point. 80 fish were hooked, swung in the boat and touched prior to being released. If a 5 bass limit angler hit that spot they would have left long before catching 80 fish thus only throwing back say 20 or 30 before moving on. That leaves 50 or so fish that don't have to be released because they were never caught. His point is it less stress on a fish to not catch it than it is to catch and release.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: Tony S] #13427523 02/05/20 03:54 AM
T
topherdel Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted by Tony S
Most of the commenters don’t even read what’s at the link I posted...

I got as far as "Opinion Piece" and didn't waste any more time. [/quote]
If you weren't interested in opinion you wouldn't be visiting this site. 90% of this website are opinion. The other 10% are flat out lies er um fishing stories.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: grout-scout] #13427525 02/05/20 03:55 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by grout-scout

Your call...

And MLF has been going on for 9 years or so now. They’d been dead to the world without that previous name recognition.

Just seems like it was 1 short year ago, that someone was claiming that every tournament in the future was going to be mlf style. Sure don’t see that being spouted anymore.

That’s because they aren’t a startup. That’s excuse making for a group of people who don’t have their act together and their incompetence and ineptness is being put on display. Mark is in the sales business, he sells sh!t sandwiches to uninformed c-suite people, and one of the best sales tactics is to flatter them with fancy excuse making narratives... i.e. you’re just a startup and your statistics look great for only being a startup, here, buy this and that and it will help you grow.

All corporate bull... MLF isn’t a startup, it was a long running good old boys club that decided to try and conjure up a plan that was way to big for their britches and they handed over control to the club to a bigger shyster than they were. They needed seats to be filled so they sowed dissent in BASS and then found a bunch of gullible and disgruntled anglers to sell a bag of over hyped goods to.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: the skipper] #13427543 02/05/20 04:19 AM
T
topherdel Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted by the skipper
I dont think the article is far from the truth at all. All catching 50 fish from a school does is make our fisheries tougher, for us, the ones that have to reap the supposed benefits. Reality is we dont know the effects of fishing like they do. I'm not saying it's better or worse, I'm just not ruling out the possibility of it hurting more. The live well commercials should have never made the TV show, that was pure stupidity made out of spite. The one thing the article nails is that the anti talk will never benefit anybody and only cause harm to fishing as a whole

^^^^^^ In MY OPINION, this is probably the best post in this thread!

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: criglizard] #13427575 02/05/20 04:50 AM
T
topherdel Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Originally Posted by criglizard
Luke = Big O.

"Word on the street" is there's a guy on another fishing board that sent Luke and Big O a link, both clicked it, and IP is identical.

Big O = Dubee
I don't know one person from another on here but after reading halfway through this thread that right there would be hilarious if it were true.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: David Burton] #13427604 02/05/20 05:49 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

Your call...

BPT is in startup mode as a league and FLW doesn’t change that at all. Yes the MLF brand is 9 years old but the scale of the league and the investment changed dramatically last year.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: Big O Florida] #13427611 02/05/20 06:00 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by grout-scout

Your call...

That’s because they aren’t a startup. That’s excuse making for a group of people who don’t have their act together and their incompetence and ineptness is being put on display. Mark is in the sales business, he sells sh!t sandwiches to uninformed c-suite people, and one of the best sales tactics is to flatter them with fancy excuse making narratives... i.e. you’re just a startup and your statistics look great for only being a startup, here, buy this and that and it will help you grow.

All corporate bull... MLF isn’t a startup, it was a long running good old boys club that decided to try and conjure up a plan that was way to big for their britches and they handed over control to the club to a bigger shyster than they were. They needed seats to be filled so they sowed dissent in BASS and then found a bunch of gullible and disgruntled anglers to sell a bag of over hyped goods to.

It’s 100% clear that you have no idea what business I’m in. Hopefully one day whatever it is that’s happened to you in all of this gets resolved somehow and you’re able to stabilize yourself. Life is too short for you to be battling something you have no control over.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: topherdel] #13427618 02/05/20 06:08 AM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by topherdel
Originally Posted by Tony S
Most of the commenters don’t even read what’s at the link I posted...

I got as far as "Opinion Piece" and didn't waste any more time.

If you weren't interested in opinion you wouldn't be visiting this site. 90% of this website are opinion. The other 10% are flat out lies er um fishing stories.[/quote]

^^^ This, although I’d argue the percentage on the fish stories. grin

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: topherdel] #13427632 02/05/20 10:44 AM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Luke = Big O.

"Word on the street" is there's a guy on another fishing board that sent Luke and Big O a link, both clicked it, and IP is identical.

Big O = Dubee
I don't know one person from another on here but after reading halfway through this thread that right there would be hilarious if it were true.

I use my real name

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: topherdel] #13427633 02/05/20 11:00 AM
buda13 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

I think you missed the point. 80 fish were hooked, swung in the boat and touched prior to being released. If a 5 bass limit angler hit that spot they would have left long before catching 80 fish thus only throwing back say 20 or 30 before moving on. That leaves 50 or so fish that don't have to be released because they were never caught. His point is it less stress on a fish to not catch it than it is to catch and release.

I don’t think I missed the point at all... the logic you and Big O are using is that now it’s also bad to catch to many fish.. that line of thinking is no better than the MLF stuff about keeping fish in live well. Think about what your saying and what it can lead to. If you want to talk about the stones and glass house, essentially this is the same thing by attacking the MLF format on fish care and sensationalizing it into “scorched earth”. It’s doing the exact same thing you all are upset at MLF for....

I can tell you that I’ve sat on a school of fish and caught 30+ from making the same cast over and over. Went back the next day, caught a bunch more, went back the next 2 weekends and yep, still catching the bejesus out of em. All in the same area about 20 yards wide. It’ll be a cold day in haties before I leave a biting school because I don’t wanna stick to many and make it hard on the next guy. (No it wasn’t on Squaw lol)

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: Dubee] #13427818 02/05/20 02:25 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Dubee
Luke = Big O.

Big O = Dubee

I use my real name

Like they say, you are what you smoke.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: Big O Florida] #13427823 02/05/20 02:27 PM
C
CashFishingTeam Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Where was it?

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house [Re: Big O Florida] #13427879 02/05/20 02:51 PM
J
junk baits Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
WOW, BIG O's PROPAGANDA spew is still going on.. de LMAO

GO FISH!
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide