Texas Fishing Forum

Still throwing rocks while living in glass house

Posted By: Big O Florida

Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 07:32 PM

Can those in charge of MLF and making decisions ever get out of their own way?

Dumb and dumber!
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 07:44 PM

Out of 156 post are any of them about anything other than MLF?
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 07:46 PM

Oh brother bang huh rolleyes loco
Posted By: big mike

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 07:49 PM

Good grief how is this guy still allowed to post on here? Move it to the off topic unless you can post something positive about bass fishing!
Posted By: Fishing on a string

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 07:51 PM

Yet y’all just keep clicking. I guess Vince finally had enough as well. Remember they said they are growing the sport? Who’s the divider’s ?
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Big O Florida

Dumb and dumber!

Correct, you keep getting dumb and dumber
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 07:54 PM

popcorn
Posted By: CashFishingTeam

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 08:03 PM

Well it’s an interesting read. I wouldn’t have stumbled across it on my own if bigo didn’t put it up. Is kind of weird MLF would advertise about 5 fish tournaments doing harm when they own FLW tournaments that still does them. Kinda weird. But MLF is like Jerry Jones. Boyd in particular, loves people like bigo. There’s no such thing as bad press, is what Jerry said! So I think they are doing a lot of what they are doing just to stay in the headlines. Lol cuz honestly it’s more entertaining than watching Many Little Fish on it’s own! 😂

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Fishing on a string
Yet y’all just keep clicking. I guess Vince finally had enough as well. Remember they said they are growing the sport? Who’s the divider’s ?

Most of the commenters don’t even read what’s at the link I posted... they have their heads so far in the sand they don’t want to learn of or know the truth, and anyone that try’s to show it gets blasted with negative comments without having an informed understanding of what was posted. They will be the first to say mean old BASS people sink our ship without even knowing it was their own leadership that shot the holes into their boats hull.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 08:12 PM

roflmao

I especially liked this part about Edwin "Strip Mining" that spot he wont it all on. LMAO! You just cant make this stuff up.... I think he forgot all those fish that were caught were released in the same spot. Heck Edwin probably caught a few of em twice during his "scorched earth" tactic. roflmao roflmao roflmao

https://anglerschannel.com/opinion-piece-glass-house/

"By contrast, we all watched MLF pros last year as they hammered up to 80 fish from a single small area or big school. No upgrades, just cookie cutter, one-pound-and-a-few-ounces fish. Hooked and handled. Over and over. No need to move to a different area in search of a different class of fish and therefore give rest to the spot currently being strip-mined for every single little fish it can give up. Given the day off an MLF pro enjoys between rounds and that many MLF events place competitors on different bodies of water throughout the week, pros are further incentivized to exploit this scorched earth tactic.

Good luck to the recreational angler who shows up on that spot Saturday morning. He would be better served if the MLF pro had just kept and killed his legal limit and left the area otherwise unmolested."
Posted By: Tony S

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 09:42 PM

Most of the commenters don’t even read what’s at the link I posted... [/quote]

I got as far as "Opinion Piece" and didn't waste any more time.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 10:12 PM

I will agree about MLF throwing stones in a glass house . The very thing that got the self proclaimed (MLF) stars to where they are today and they are publicly bashing it . What the hell do the have to gain by doing this?
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 10:26 PM

This cat is relentless

spam
Posted By: RandyD

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 10:27 PM

I remember seeing this ad... As I watched I remember the "WTF?"...moment... the ad left the intended negative impression with me...
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 11:22 PM

I will say this. I don't like MLF probably just as much as Big-O Cruz I absolutely can't stand it but dang dude give it a break. You don't have to post about it nonstop.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 11:42 PM

James Watson stated on Luke Dunkin's Low Budget Live podcast that the anglers said "Hey, we have to calm down on this stance. Yes we believe it's better as a whole but we're being hypocritical by shoving it down everyone's throat and we all still fish traditional tournaments".

I'm paraphrasing that quote but it's pretty close. He's saying they recognized that they were pushing that ad too much and dialed it back.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/03/20 11:42 PM

Big O’ is kind of growing on me. This board gets a little stale sometimes and his persistence behind his cause is entertaining. This was a good article though.

I just really hope he has personal ties to this. It loses its luster otherwise and just turns sad.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright
James Watson stated on Luke Dunkin's Low Budget Live podcast that the anglers said "Hey, we have to calm down on this stance. Yes we believe it's better as a whole but we're being hypocritical by shoving it down everyone's throat and we all still fish traditional tournaments".

I'm paraphrasing that quote but it's pretty close. He's saying they recognized that they were pushing that ad too much and dialed it back.

They’ve got a couple different ones I am thinking. I watched the one Watson was on and I think the linked video and other comments often said during tournaments was what he was talking about. I think those guys were required to go to the B. Duckett school of BS where they were indoctrinated into the narrative they were supposed to recite when the TV camera was present.

https://ispot.tv/a/AqH0
Posted By: rbspots

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 12:57 AM

Keep preaching Big O. Amen brother
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Jones
This cat is relentless

spam

Just because his stance on it is different than yours doesn’t make it spam, it’s clear you work for the people he is criticizing so of course you call it spam.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:05 AM

They’ve got a couple different ones I am thinking. I watched the one Watson was on and I think the linked video and other comments often said during tournaments was what he was talking about. I think those guys were required to go to the B. Duckett school of BS where they were indoctrinated into the narrative they were supposed to recite when the TV camera was present.

The podcast I'm referring to is from about 3 months ago.

Here you go...
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:10 AM

You can say a lot of things about Watson but I highly doubt it is factual to say he does not tell it like it his and in his own words.Watson is one of a kind in that regard and that is a good thing.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:12 AM

Not this sheet again bang
Posted By: Neal G

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:13 AM

Dumb and dumber!

Thank you for posting
Posted By: Bass Anonymous

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:23 AM

Big O is clearly passionate about his cause. It's not what I would be railing about to no end. I'm passionate about fishing and trying to leave behind something better for the next generation. I hate to see the amount trash and chemicals that run off into these lakes. I think we as a society have done a better job over the years of curtailing this, but I believe that more can be done. And no, more government is not the answer. Not trying to hijack Big O's thread here, but he obviously has a personal beef with MLF and he thinks everybody needs to hear his side. I frankly enjoy the fishing, and bringing a competitive nature to it. The anglers are big boys that made their own decisions to fish whatever trail they wanted. I like the variety it brings. Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: LeonSulak

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:24 AM

I wonder if MLF would pick squaw creek for a stop next year

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
This cat is relentless

spam

Just because his stance on it is different than yours doesn’t make it spam, it’s clear you work for the people he is criticizing so of course you call it spam.

His difference of opinion has nothing to do with my definition of forum spam. He’s made 158 posts in 30 days trolling the same topic. That is THE definition of forum spam but thanks for your help Minner.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by LeonSulak

Lol

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:38 AM

This cat is relentless

spam

His difference of opinion has nothing to do with my definition of forum spam. He’s made 158 posts in 30 days trolling the same topic. That is THE definition of forum spam but thanks for your help Minner.

And most of it isn't even factual or true. I have no problem if someone hates something. Just don't post bs.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Dubee
This cat is relentless

spam

And most of it isn't even factual or true. I have no problem if someone hates something. Just don't post bs.

What this post is talking about is true though .

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:44 AM

This cat is relentless

spam

[Translation]

Here are some big shiny objects for you to focus on instead of the truth you’ve been reading being addressed or what you may be thinking.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:47 AM

This cat is relentless

spam

In Dubee’s world, if he doesn’t like what’s being said, that automatically makes it untrue. He refuses to follow a link because it will make his version of the truth untrue.

He comments on everything that may not reflect well on MLF, but never once have I seen him offer anything of substance.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:52 AM

This cat is relentless

spam

I’m not helping you or him for that manner, but we know you have to always be on the defensive for your employer. You know, your defense for your employer rivals Big O for his offense. It’s a forum and everyone has their opinion, it’s not all spam as you call it.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:57 AM

This cat is relentless

spam

I’m not helping you or him for that manner, but we know you have to always be on the defensive for your employer. You know, your defense for your employer rivals Big O for his offense. It’s a forum and everyone has their opinion, it’s not all spam as you call it.

To be clear they’re not my employer, let’s keep the facts straight. thumb
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:13 AM

This cat is relentless

spam

You know, you are also pointing back at yourself. You have initiated quite a few 'Spamish' threads yourself. In addition, you also "Call him out" trying to get a rise out of him on this and other threads... Obviously you are still reading them and are not hoping for him to just go away, because it gives you the opportunity to 'set the record straight' in your opinion. The only way for this to die on both your and his sides is for a thread to not get any views or responses even the smart axe jokes and public bang

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:19 AM

Keep it up big O, Mr. Jones needs to earn his paycheck, no way someone defends as much as him for free!
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:20 AM

I dont think the article is far from the truth at all. All catching 50 fish from a school does is make our fisheries tougher, for us, the ones that have to reap the supposed benefits. Reality is we dont know the effects of fishing like they do. I'm not saying it's better or worse, I'm just not ruling out the possibility of it hurting more. The live well commercials should have never made the TV show, that was pure stupidity made out of spite. The one thing the article nails is that the anti talk will never benefit anybody and only cause harm to fishing as a whole

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by David Burton
This cat is relentless

spam

You know, you are also pointing back at yourself. You have initiated quite a few 'Spamish' threads yourself. In addition, you also "Call him out" trying to get a rise out of him on this and other threads... Obviously you are still reading them and are not hoping for him to just go away, because it gives you the opportunity to 'set the record straight' in your opinion. The only way for this to die on both your and his sides is for a thread to not get any views or responses even the smart axe jokes and public bang

Lol, I don’t mind replying to the spam and you have a right to your opinion, just like anyone else on here. Seems to be enough people commenting on these threads to keep them going... cheers

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:27 AM

Seminole, atleast i don't make up bs. I read the link. It's just an opinion piece. I'm an adult. I could care less if they run commercials bagging on livewells. You on the other hand come on here saying cr*p like the Redcrest has been cancelled. Even after it's explained it was just moved. You keep posting it is cancelled.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:31 AM

O
Seminole, atleast i don't make up bs. I read the link. It's just an opinion piece. I'm an adult. I could care less if they run commercials bagging on livewells. You on the other hand come on here saying cr*p like the Redcrest has been cancelled. Even after it's explained it was just moved. You keep posting it is cancelled.

In order to reschedule, you must first cancel. So..... he’s kinda right.
bolt
Posted By: Statton48

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:38 AM

duel
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:38 AM

This TOPIC SUX we heard you BIG O' , the first 160 times.
Posted By: Statton48

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:40 AM

I enjoy reading all these comments on here. Keeps me entertained for sure. I’m popcorn2
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by junk baits
This TOPIC SUX we heard you BIG O' , the first 160 times.

* sucks
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:50 AM

stir peep

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
O

bolt

No, not really.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 11:06 AM

O

bolt

No, not really.

Yeah, really. It’s been cancelled for 2020 and at this juncture, tentatively set to return in 2021. There’s still been no official announcement, only something reportedly said back to a press inquiry.

Word going around is the financial forecast for 2020 is quite bleak for MLFLW and they are bleeding red ink. It’s no wonder they decided to snatch a 2nd purse away from the anglers. The sob stories of them not making money will only go so far with the anglers who pay their dues and entry fees.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 12:49 PM

I can imagine that a few are pissed that they changed the format this year and added this heavy hitter thing, instead of having a real qualification tournament/championship. Especially after all of the “big fish are just lucky catches”, “the best anglers are the ones who can catch the most per day”, “it’s harder to catch 50 - 1 pounders, than 5 - 10 pounders”...

But hey, they get to vote on all decisions made!
Posted By: SAKS

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:26 PM

O

bolt

No, not really.

Yeah, really. It’s been cancelled for 2020 and at this juncture, tentatively set to return in 2021. There’s still been no official announcement, only something reportedly said back to a press inquiry.

Word going around is the financial forecast for 2020 is quite bleak for MLFLW and they are bleeding red ink. It’s no wonder they decided to snatch a 2nd purse away from the anglers. The sob stories of them not making money will only go so far with the anglers who pay their dues and entry fees.

Where does that word come from and what is it's source? How are you in the know? This is the typical nonsense you throw out with no substantiation. Hell I might take your side if you could back up the things you post.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
I can imagine that a few are pissed that they changed the format this year and added this heavy hitter thing, instead of having a real qualification tournament/championship. Especially after all of the “big fish are just lucky catches”, “the best anglers are the ones who can catch the most per day”, “it’s harder to catch 50 - 1 pounders, than 5 - 10 pounders”...

Yeah, the all look miserable as they’re posting their new wraps on rigs and boats headed for the first event. I don’t know how they’re all going to make it through the hardships... roflmao
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:53 PM

Gonna be a good 2020. Lots more fish catches. Lots more released to fight another day. You decide which tour’s released fish stand the better chance.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 01:59 PM

We need a bass eating contest. That will settle this Nancy stuff.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:09 PM

So it's not ok to catch and release but it's ok to knock their sides off?
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:18 PM

Meh....at least they have a house.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:18 PM

O

bolt

No, not really.

I noticed, as I'm sure others did, that you were extremely quiet when the Toyota announcement was posted. Yet, here you are prognosticating doom as always.

So, you're telling us that a startup that's just over a year old that just acquired FLW might not be in the black yet? That's super insightful. If you're going to be a town crier, at least bring us some real news... I"m pretty sure the leadership group over at MLF has two things, (1) enough funding and (2) enough experience navigating business to make this work. I don't know if you noticed but the season has started for both FLW and MLF and it's going to be ok Big O. You can make another 100+ posts and that's not changing anything.

"Hear ye, hear ye!"

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:19 PM

Yeah, the all look miserable as they’re posting their new wraps on rigs and boats headed for the first event. I don’t know how they’re all going to make it through the hardships... roflmao

What does that have to do with guys potentially being mad about a change of format?
Posted By: photofishin

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:20 PM

- still wondering about how I go about finding a glass house builder...sleeping under the stars would take on a new meaning! smile

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by photofishin
- still wondering about how I go about finding a glass house builder...sleeping under the stars would take on a new meaning! smile

They have one here, bunch of triangles and it’s made in the shape of a sphere. It’s odd.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by machoblanco61
Gonna be a good 2020. Lots more fish catches. Lots more released to fight another day. You decide which tour’s released fish stand the better chance.

Please tell me how this can be good for the sport . I am talking about the talking down on keeping fish in a livewell.
Which is what there feeder system is all about .
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by slim 285

Please tell me how this can be good for the sport . I am talking about the talking down on keeping fish in a livewell.

You decide. Just asked the question, no opinion here
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 02:53 PM

I don't think I've ever said this. Good article o. But like most realize. Less is more. Few will even read because it came from you.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by SAKS

Where does that word come from and what is it's source? How are you in the know? This is the typical nonsense you throw out with no substantiation. Hell I might take your side if you could back up the things you post.

Sticking with the theme, I'm guessing there will be no response SAKS.

Can you cite a reference Big O? You've got a lot of us eager to hear if there's a shred of truth to what you're saying.

JB
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 03:04 PM

You know I usually stay away from these posts, blast fests, but man almighty I'm sick of reading / seeing them.

They are ALL doing what many of us only dream of doing. Let them be and love life. There's way too little time on this great Earth to worry so much about fishing and the industry leaders.

Tight lines my friends.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 03:06 PM

Hey big o, i saw BASS cancelled the open at Hartwell. Does that make them purse snatchers?
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 04:02 PM

Like sand through an hour glass, so goes "The Days of Our Life".
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 04:07 PM

Hey big o, i saw BASS cancelled the open at Hartwell. Does that make them purse snatchers?

They didn't cancel it. They moved the date of the event.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by JacksonBean

Can you cite a reference Big O? You've got a lot of us eager to hear if there's a shred of truth to what you're saying.

JB

Pick up the topic at the 21:30 mark... https://youtu.be/m64bJI-AX48

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by fouzman

Fouzman, i was just using big o's philosophy. Even though the Redcrest just got moved to the spring. He still wants to claim it's cancelled.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 04:17 PM

Fouzman, i was just using big o's philosophy. Even though the Redcrest just got moved to the spring. He still wants to claim it's cancelled.

Hartwell, date changed and will take place with in same season. Redcrest, cancelled with no official announcement it was cancelled or as to when, if at all, it will be rescheduled.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by JacksonBean

JB

I am not even a Big O hater. Sadly enough I am entertained by the threads. If he wants validity he is going to have to show the sources for his information. If he does not then it's hate filled rambling.
Posted By: nitroslim

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 04:45 PM

As long as they turn their headlights off at the ramp
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 04:47 PM

MLF does have a superiority complex. "We release our fish to fight another day". That is a load of garbage. Every one of those guys will swing a 6 in the boat, bounce it off windshields and the carpet and say "I will take 2 minutes for that one". Well, if you really cared about the fish you wouldn't be doing that. Them selling us on their "conservation" is laughable. Just come out and say you got mad and threw a fit so you decided to do your own thing. Most of us aren't as stupid as those guys think.
Posted By: Bradsr82

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 04:50 PM

I have no dog in the fight. I love BASS and I love MLF. I watch any bass fishing show I can. But Big O, they asked you for a source and you post this video (yes I watched it starting at the 21:30 mark) and all you did was repeat his OPINION. He even said it was his opinion and used the phrase "word on the street is." That is not the definition of a source. I have been somewhat entertained by all this nonsense, but you need to let it go man. Your not providing any facts, your just repeating other peoples opinions.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 05:00 PM

Lol. You swear the Redcrest is cancelled and they ran off with the money. Now you post that there is no official announcement that it's cancelled.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bradsr82
I have no dog in the fight. I love BASS and I love MLF. I watch any bass fishing show I can. But Big O, they asked you for a source and you post this video (yes I watched it starting at the 21:30 mark) and all you did was repeat his OPINION. He even said it was his opinion and used the phrase "word on the street is." That is not the definition of a source. I have been somewhat entertained by all this nonsense, but you need to let it go man. Your not providing any facts, your just repeating other peoples opinions.

Go ask one of the anglers that were in attendance in the angler board meeting if Luke’s word isn’t good enough for you... Maybe Boyd D will confirm what those anglers said to Luke?. I am just sharing what someone in the know happens to know, and before you say he isn’t in the know... well, he’s been awful consistent for someone who’s not.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 05:10 PM

Lol. You swear the Redcrest is cancelled and they ran off with the money. Now you post that there is no official announcement that it's cancelled.

They didn’t officially announce that the FW cup was cancelled either... they just told the anglers at the Costa championship meeting. See if Redcrest is on the MLF schedule that’s been put out... is it there? Who has the money that was slated for the qualifiers for FW cup that didn’t take place and who is going to keep the money that was destined for the Redcrest qualifiers? If everything was above board and legitimate they would have put out press release explaining their position and plans... nah, that’s not how it works, the less people who know the better.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 05:19 PM

Go ask one of the anglers that were in attendance in the angler board meeting if Luke’s word isn’t good enough for you... Maybe Boyd D will confirm what those anglers said to Luke?. I am just sharing what someone in the know happens to know, and before you say he isn’t in the know... well, he’s been awful consistent for someone who’s not.

Sure because everyone of us has access to the anglers that sit in board meetings. I for one do take Luke at his word but he tells you that he doesn't "know" this. If you would state your case more like Luke you would be much better received.
*I changed the word trust. I don't know Luke to trust him. Wrong word to use.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 05:26 PM

They didn’t officially announce that the FW cup was cancelled either... they just told the anglers at the Costa championship meeting. See if Redcrest is on the MLF schedule that’s been put out... is it there? Who has the money that was slated for the qualifiers for FW cup that didn’t take place and who is going to keep the money that was destined for the Redcrest qualifiers? If everything was above board and legitimate they would have put out press release explaining their position and plans... nah, that’s not how it works, the less people who know the better.

Flw had the money for the cup. Not MLF.
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 05:27 PM

Luke = Big O.

"Word on the street" is there's a guy on another fishing board that sent Luke and Big O a link, both clicked it, and IP is identical.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 05:31 PM

Sure because everyone of us has access to the anglers that sit in board meetings. I for one do trust Luke's word but he tells you that he doesn't "know" this. If you would state your case more like Luke you would be much better received.

Luke doesn’t know for sure or exactly because it’s a privately held company and the real numbers are hidden from public disclosure and scrutiny. But Luke’s not one to just pull that kind of thing out of the air. Someone in the know has told Luke the forecast for MLFLW is for them to have a minimum of a million dollar loss in 2020. That kind of thing puts the vanishing purses and cancellation of significant championship tournaments into perspective.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 05:35 PM

And now you're talking in third person...

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 05:37 PM

1 million compared to what they lost in 19 might look like a win.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by criglizard
Luke = Big O.

"Word on the street" is there's a guy on another fishing board that sent Luke and Big O a link, both clicked it, and IP is identical.

I would like to see that

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 05:41 PM

And now you're talking in third person...

roflmao

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 05:59 PM

It's now been confirmed through two different links at two different dates/times. Luke = Big O.

The mystery is over, which I'll admit is sort of bittersweet.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 06:03 PM

Sure because everyone of us has access to the anglers that sit in board meetings. I for one do trust Luke's word but he tells you that he doesn't "know" this. If you would state your case more like Luke you would be much better received.

Luke doesn’t know for sure or exactly because it’s a privately held company and the real numbers are hidden from public disclosure and scrutiny. But Luke’s not one to just pull that kind of thing out of the air. Someone in the know has told Luke the forecast for MLFLW is for them to have a minimum of a million dollar loss in 2020. That kind of thing puts the vanishing purses and cancellation of significant championship tournaments into perspective.

Let's see. Tesla stock is at $909.94. The company just reported it's first EVER quarterly profit. That's how growing businesses goes, Luke. Redcrest wasn't stolen. It was moved to spring. If you're on the BPT, then you're fishing to qualify for the Redcrest Championship next spring, during the 2019 season. For moving that to 2020, BPT added the heavy hitters event to the 2019 schedule which pays out $6,000 more than Redcrest does. Nothing lost, but another big payday tournament added. Those are facts. Refute them if you'd like to try, but you won't be able to. The rest of this he said she said is nothing but garbage.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by slim 285

You decide. Just asked the question, no opinion here

That’s weak .

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 06:38 PM

Let's see. Tesla stock is at $909.94. The company just reported it's first EVER quarterly profit. That's how growing businesses goes, Luke. Redcrest wasn't stolen. It was moved to spring. If you're on the BPT, then you're fishing to qualify for the Redcrest Championship next spring, during the 2019 season. For moving that to 2020, BPT added the heavy hitters event to the 2019 schedule which pays out $6,000 more than Redcrest does. Nothing lost, but another big payday tournament added. Those are facts. Refute them if you'd like to try, but you won't be able to. The rest of this he said she said is nothing but garbage.

Headline in a financial publication just today: “ Tesla Surpasses Netflix, Becomes World's Most Valuable "Junk" Company “

There will always be a greater fool!

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 06:44 PM

loco
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 07:50 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...aker-time-market-value-81-39billion.html

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 08:33 PM

Luke = Big O.

So do we call him Seminole wind, Big o, Luke Dunkin or Big Seminole Dunkin

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 10:14 PM

Luke = Big O.

Call him his real name, Luke Dunkin. It's been confirmed.

Luke Dunkin is Big O, for sure.

To that point, I had never heard of Luke Dunkin until this whole thing started. A quick search shows he's fished 70 FLW events and only made about $95k. So to some degree, I understand his frustration as this was likely his biggest fishing payday yet. But he's handled it like a child.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 10:20 PM

And I will add that it's (in my opinion) despicable to attempt to turn this industry against each other simply over a personal grievance.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 10:21 PM

John Crews stated on yesterday’s Low Budget Live “it’s not as bad as everyone thinks it is, it’s actually very good for the angler's across the board”

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 10:30 PM

Who went 5th degree geek on Big O? Never trust a geek. Nerds are relatively harmless but geeks are downright dangerous.

Blessed are the geek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 10:35 PM

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/tesla-stock-suddenly-plunges-much-100-seconds

Someone just got rich off the greater fools who believe that type of thing. lol
Posted By: 361V

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 10:38 PM

Sorry, I was watching a soap opera at home this afternoon. Did I miss anything here?
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 10:42 PM

And I will add that it's (in my opinion) despicable to attempt to turn this industry against each other simply over a personal grievance.

+1

That sucks about your situation Luke but this isn't going to help you. Pick yourself up by your bootstraps and figure out a solid plan B. Most of us have been there in some form or fashion.

JB

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 10:45 PM

Luke = Big O.

To that point, I had never heard of Luke Dunkin until this whole thing started. A quick search shows he's fished 70 FLW events and only made about $95k. So to some degree, I understand his frustration as this was likely his biggest fishing payday yet. But he's handled it like a child.

I like Big Seminole Dunkin. That way we get all of his personalities

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 10:45 PM

Well it’s obvious, you have not listened to any of Ducketts interviews.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 10:54 PM

We need a bass eating contest. That will settle this Nancy stuff.

Bass eating contest? TFF needs to have a pay per view match between Big O and Mark to settle this. LOL

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 10:55 PM

Luke I get where they made it personal to you. And you and Timmy kind of worked it out on your pod cast. And this is definitely good publicity what your doing in the forums. But as much as I don’t like Many Little Fish, and I’ve agreed with your posts on here, I have to keep fair fair. And knowing its you now I have personally, always thought, since listing to your pod cast, thought that you wouldn’t even be doing that pod cast, if you had a successful career fishing tournaments. You’ve been disgruntled with The whole tournament scene before MLF even came along. And if we are being dead honest with ourselves you know darn good and well if you would have out right won four, five or six, FLW tournaments, and your career earnings where even just 3,4, or 500,000, you’d be fishing away happy as could be cashing your checks and being happy!

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 11:04 PM

Luke = Big O.

Man if true this guy must just be stewing whenever he has the BPT guys on his podcast. He hides it well though. Is a major hypocrite to claim objectivity on his podcast and have no problem with BPT and then hide behind a screen name spewing just the opposite.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 11:08 PM

Luke = Big O.

Well don't leave us hanging with just that sentence. Which board?

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 11:20 PM

I bet he goes radio silent now that everyone is on to him. Which is sad. He could just talk on here as himself!

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 11:20 PM

You're right. Other than his post Classic-win interview, I've never listened to the man talk. I've also never listened to any of the founders or multiple owners at BASS talk. Also never heard an interview with Forrest Wood or Irwin Jacobs.

I mean, if I knew the thoughts and actions of every owner/operator of every business that I frequent....holy [censored], I would most likely be appalled and not spend money with most of them. So would you. Which is why bashing a company over one person (you've never actually met), to me, is childish and pointless. The fact is, you are spending money with some company right now, that is completely unethical, immoral, or worse. Just don't spend any money with MLF, it's that simple.

That's my real opinion of you, and Big O, and the other handful of "mo little fish" hecklers. You all just look very petty. And to then point to Boyd Duckett and say he's petty....well, look in the mirror.

And to your earlier point, why did 70 people leave BASS? Boyd didn't force them and they surely aren't all so dumb that he tricked them. Is it very likely that they know more than you ever will about BASS and pro fishing? Yep. And they still made that decision.

So every time you or Big O bashes MLF, to me, you are bashing the decisions of 70 guys that I have a fishing connection with. Not just that, but an entrepreneurial, adventure seeking, do something different, make me some money, type of connection too. Those guys all took a risk and here you are, [censored] on them every step of the way, for no good reason.

You: "But BOYD!!!!"

Ok, son.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 11:33 PM

You're right. Other than his post Classic-win interview, I've never listened to the man talk. I've also never listened to any of the founders or multiple owners at BASS talk. Also never heard an interview with Forrest Wood or Irwin Jacobs.

I mean, if I knew the thoughts and actions of every owner/operator of every business that I frequent....holy [censored], I would most likely be appalled and not spend money with most of them. So would you. Which is why bashing a company over one person (you've never actually met), to me, is childish and pointless. The fact is, you are spending money with some company right now, that is completely unethical, immoral, or worse. Just don't spend any money with MLF, it's that simple.

That's my real opinion of you, and Big O, and the other handful of "mo little fish" hecklers. You all just look very petty. And to then point to Boyd Duckett and say he's petty....well, look in the mirror.

And to your earlier point, why did 70 people leave BASS? Boyd didn't force them and they surely aren't all so dumb that he tricked them. Is it very likely that they know more than you ever will about BASS and pro fishing? Yep. And they still made that decision.

So every time you or Big O bashes MLF, to me, you are bashing the decisions of 70 guys that I have a fishing connection with. Not just that, but an entrepreneurial, adventure seeking, do something different, make me some money, type of connection too. Those guys all took a risk and here you are, [censored] on them every step of the way, for no good reason.

Ok, son.

You could have just said you like to remain dumb and uninformed about who you may support or do business with instead of listing all the people you’ve never had a conversation with or know anything about. Oh, and those 70, i personally believe, most of them were just being lemmings that succumb to peer pressure. They fell for the “I have to have your answer now” otherwise I have 10 lined up behind you, used car salesman tactic, and rightfully they are now regretting it.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 11:40 PM

You could have just said you like to remain dumb and uninformed about who you may support or do business with instead of listing all the people you’ve never had a conversation with or know anything about. Oh, and those 70, i personally believe, most of them were just being lemmings that succumb to peer pressure. They fell for the “I have to have your answer now” otherwise I have 10 lined up behind you, used car salesman tactic, and rightfully they are now regretting it.

Ok Luke. At least we all know who you are now. Stick to your new found media gig. Those people literally get paid to lie and pro fishing definitely aint your thing buddy.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 11:54 PM

Ok Luke. At least we all know who you are now. Stick to your new found media gig. Those people literally get paid to lie and pro fishing definitely aint your thing buddy.

Why don’t you ever challenge or address the substance of what is said? Are you intellectually incapable of having a debate or challenging something with facts that’s been said by me or others?I typically back up anything I put out there with a source that can help substantiate what I am writing about. You on the other hand do nothing but try to deflect from what is being said and throw all sorts of unrelated and off the wall comments or suggestions into the discussion, and it seems you think of yourself as having credibility. Hate to burst your bubble, but you don’t to anyone that has the slightest bit of intelligence. You’re just disruptive background noise.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/04/20 11:59 PM

Why don’t you ever challenge or address the substance of what is said? Are you intellectually incapable of having a debate or challenging something with facts that’s been said by me or others?I typically back up anything I put out there with a source that can help substantiate what I am writing about. You on the other hand do nothing but try to deflect from what is being said and throw all sorts of unrelated and off the wall comments or suggestions into the discussion, and it seems you think of yourself as having credibility. Hate to burst your bubble, but you don’t to anyone that has the slightest bit of intelligence. You’re just disruptive background noise.

Big seminole dunkin, you are the one that is just disruptive background noise. Just repeating your catch phrases. Shiny object, lemmings, stole the purse. You bring nothing of substance. You just post links to article's that are opinion pieces and podcast.
Posted By: LeonSulak

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 12:03 AM

I need to get going on my post count. Big O is catching up and I had a 15 year lead on him.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 12:26 AM

"I typically back up anything I put out there with a source that can help substantiate what I am writing about."
You are kidding right? You have been challenged at every turn. I asked you to substantiate a post and you directed me to a podcast. Maybe even your own if some things being posted are correct. You have not substantiated anything you have said.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 12:35 AM

Ok, son.

Boy you’re on too me, except I never asked why 70 guys left...so.....I think you have the wrong person....I know why they left and it is a multitude of reasons.

But, since you haven’t listened to Duckett, he is trying to put BASS out of business because they wouldn’t sale too him. First BTL podcast he did, look it up yourself. There’s just one man trying for division and you’re cheering him on.

What is your connection to the 70 anglers, you work for MLF too? Or...are you one of the anglers?

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 12:47 AM

"I typically back up anything I put out there with a source that can help substantiate what I am writing about."
You are kidding right? You have been challenged at every turn. I asked you to substantiate a post and you directed me to a podcast. Maybe even your own if some things being posted are correct. You have not substantiated anything you have said.

If I pointed you to a podcast then it shows I am not the only one who spoke of or is speaking of the topic. But there is nothing preventing you from providing something that refutes or contradicts what I say either, so why don’t you do that instead of coming on and suggesting i have no basis for something I say?

Perhaps you and others should stop being so lazy and show you have the research skills capable of seeking out answers or facts to the contrary of what I posted.

I know, I know, it’s easier to just be argumentative towards something because you’re uninformed and don’t care to become informed. Am I right? If not, prove me wrong and find something that refutes what I say or that you don’t like, the next time instead spewing unrelated BS to cover for your lack of knowledge.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 12:54 AM

Big O can’t be Luke because Luke point blank said during the Timmy Horton interview that he can’t stand people who stand behind anonymous profiles such as Randy Flowers on Facebook. confused

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 01:06 AM

If I pointed you to a podcast then it shows I am not the only one who spoke of or is speaking of the topic. But there is nothing preventing you from providing something that refutes or contradicts what I say either, so why don’t you do that instead of coming on and suggesting i have no basis for something I say?

Perhaps you and others should stop being so lazy and show you have the research skills capable of seeking out answers or facts to the contrary of what I posted.

I know, I know, it’s easier to just be argumentative towards something because you’re uninformed and don’t care to become informed. Am I right? If not, prove me wrong and find something that refutes what I say or that you don’t like, the next time instead spewing unrelated BS to cover for your lack of knowledge.

Anytime someone post evidence that you are full of bs. You just ignore it and talk about the same thing. Awhile back someone posted a link to MLF vp of media relations saying the redcrest was going to be the spring of 2021. You ignore that and keep spouting it is cancelled and they ran of with the money. I think we need to look for your baseball and not touch your ears

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 01:13 AM

What does that have to do with guys potentially being mad about a change of format?

Mark Jones, I’m still waiting on your answer.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 01:17 AM

They still have a championship. How did they change the format?

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 01:26 AM

I am not out to prove BPT is great throwing conjecture out hoping it will stick. I am not your opposite. I have no agenda fueled by hate or love for any organization in professional fishing. I have not argued a single point of yours. The only thing I have asked is for you to prove what you’re stating and your sources for your posts so the research is not mine to do. I have never refuted a single post of yours except where you stated you substantiated almost everything you have posted. So if slander is the only weapon you have when you post then you are weaponless. Just shows maybe your intelligence is not what you think it is.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 01:28 AM

Anytime someone post evidence that you are full of bs. You just ignore it and talk about the same thing. Awhile back someone posted a link to MLF vp of media relations saying the redcrest was going to be the spring of 2021. You ignore that and keep spouting it is cancelled and they ran of with the money. I think we need to look for your baseball and not touch your ears

Post that link that came from “MLF VP of media relations” again - I must have missed it Dubee. I’ll wait for that link, bu two t hold my breath.

What I have seen is a couple people reciting something that came by way of a reply to a press inquiry to MLF, but nothing has been posted publicly by MLF outlining plans for the Redcrest. I think until they put it in stone that the event is going to be taking place, the purse that was designated for 2020 and the qualifying anglers is MIA...

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 01:35 AM

I need to get going on my post count. Big O is catching up and I had a 15 year lead on him.

Slacker! peep

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 01:36 AM

Now the biggest fish gets them into a different championship, Ike was talking about how he didn’t like the format being changed. They went there for one format and it’s being changed to cater to the guys who weren’t able to compete in it.

I know you don’t listen to Ike though.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 01:42 AM

Big o, i'm a technology idiot. I couldn't post a link if you had a gun to my head. But it was already posted here and went several pages with you responding to it. You just choose to ignore it.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 01:47 AM

Now the biggest fish gets them into a different championship, Ike was talking about how he didn’t like the format being changed. They went there for one format and it’s being changed to cater to the guys who weren’t able to compete in it.

The format hasn't changed. The heavy hitters is just a bonus tournament. Why would anyone be upset about an extra tournament with no entry and huge payback and limited field. The format for BPT hasn't changed. Unless you count the sliding minimum weight. If you think that is changing the format then BASS changes the format every time the go to a lake with a different minimum size limit

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 01:51 AM

Damn Dubee, did Mark Jones hire you?

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 02:09 AM

The format hasn't changed. The heavy hitters is just a bonus tournament. Why would anyone be upset about an extra tournament with no entry and huge payback and limited field. The format for BPT hasn't changed. Unless you count the sliding minimum weight. If you think that is changing the format then BASS changes the format every time the go to a lake with a different minimum size limit

Yes with there no longer being a 12” minimum, It absolutely has changed and that is directly from Ike on his podcast. He said the old format benefited his style of fishing.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 02:23 AM

Yes with there no longer being a 12” minimum, It absolutely has changed and that is directly from Ike on his podcast. He said the old format benefited his style of fishing.

Well it hasn't been 12 " minimum in awhile. It was one pound. Every tournament trail there is must change formats all the time if that is what you are going by

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 02:25 AM

Damn Dubee, did Mark Jones hire you?

Lol. I wish. I have no connection to any of this. I just like to point out when people post bs. I like all the trails.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 02:26 AM

Well it came directly from Ikes podcast and you always want proof. Many of the guys weren’t happy about the change.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 02:45 AM

Well it came directly from Ikes podcast and you always want proof. Many of the guys weren’t happy about the change.

You quote his podcast alot. I've said it before. He is a marketing genius. He knows how to get people to listen. Just because he says something doesn't make it true. The format hasn't changed. Changing the minimum weight based on the lake. Is not changing the format. I don't know how to make it any simpler to understand.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 02:59 AM

You quote his podcast alot. I've said it before. He is a marketing genius. He knows how to get people to listen. Just because he says something doesn't make it true. The format hasn't changed. Changing the minimum weight based on the lake. Is not changing the format. I don't know how to make it any simpler to understand.

Ummmm, making a new heavy hitters championship and getting rid of the every fish format championship is absolutely a change. Not sure why you can’t grasp that concept. Here let me try again....The guys who catch the biggest bass...are allowed to fish in the HEAVY HITTERS CHAMPIONSHIP...not the guys that catch the most fish...if you can’t grasp that, then there is absolutely zero hope for you.

And quoting his podcast is because guys like you like to say “but you’re not fishing it, blah blah blah” and “we want proof”. Well Ike is and he tells the real story that most others won’t, hence the “NO REDCREST IN 2020”. Same goes for Swindle and Paulanik (I misspelt that), they were there and they say it like it was; but you still won’t believe them.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 03:11 AM

Mark Jones, I’m still waiting on your answer.

Geez that got buried in a hurry. My point Grout is regardless of who’s complaining or upset, they’re all headed out in their shinny new rigs to compete for the season. The time for talking is over.

Some are going to love the change, some won’t. My guess is the fans of it will be the money winners and the complainers at the bottom of the year end points.

News flash for all of you. These guys are anglers, it’s impossible to keep them all happy. One more news flash, no matter how many times Big O posts, he isn’t going to impact or affect MLF/FLW’s success or lack thereof. He, and those complaining here are simply sharing opinions that come with very little insight into the inner workings and decisions being made by their leadership. Simply conjecture.

This will all play itself out over the next few years and we can all revisit it and someone can say I told you so. de

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 03:12 AM

You don’t ever do your own homework or research to be able to credibility refute people’s claim, yet you go into just about every MLF related discussion looking to try and insert some degree of doubt about what’s being said. Even when one of the owner/anglers of MLF comes out and says something you disagree and try to spin it as him just marketing his podcast. What benefit does the podcast bring him if the league he is a part owner of fails or underperforms? What you say makes no sense, but what grout has said is echoed throughout by many. Yes, the format has changed... instead of being every fish over 1lb counting regardless of lake size limits, they changed it to every fish counts that has a minimum weight of (insert amount here) depending on the fishery they are having tournament on. Personally, I think that’s a good thing and will keep the yearling schools that’s always in feeding frenzy from being molested, but that’s not the point... it has changed.

I think you take pleasure in just disagreeing. You rarely have any facts or something to substantiate your statements, you don’t put forth the research and or post something that can refute or even contradict what people are saying, you just post your disagreements and disparage those who show a negative light on something you claim to have no special attachment to.

You and a couple others really do not contribute to discussions, your purpose seems to be nothing more than to disrupt them.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 03:19 AM

Ummmm, making a new heavy hitters championship and getting rid of the every fish format championship is absolutely a change. Not sure why you can’t grasp that concept. Here let me try again....The guys who catch the biggest bass...are allowed to fish in the HEAVY HITTERS CHAMPIONSHIP...not the guys that catch the most fish...if you can’t grasp that, then there is absolutely zero hope for you.

And quoting his podcast is because guys like you like to say “but you’re not fishing it, blah blah blah” and “we want proof”. Well Ike is and he tells the real story that most others won’t, hence the “NO REDCREST IN 2020”. Same goes for Swindle and Paulanik (I misspelt that), they were there and they say it like it was; but you still won’t believe them.

They did not get rid of their regular championship. Nothing has changed. The heavy hitters is just an extra tournament. The only the in your statement that is correct is no Redcrest in 2020. Because they want it in the spring and moved it to 2021. It is still for the guys that qualify fishing in 2020

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 03:21 AM

Big O, if you or anyone else is bent because of change, prepare yourself to continue to spin out. It’s a startup, it’s going to change a lot over the next couple of years if not longer. No one over there is confused by that. Maybe you and a handful of others are but that’s about it. The leagues will continue to evolve and so will the sport. Embrace the change. Or spam the board over and over.

Your call...
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 03:25 AM

Big O, if you or anyone else is bent because of change, prepare yourself to continue to spin out. It’s a startup, it’s going to change a lot over the next couple of years if not longer. No one over there is confused by that. Maybe you and a handful of others are but that’s about it. The leagues will continue to evolve and so will the sport. Embrace the change. Or spam the board over and over.

Your call...

Your definition of start-up is strange to me. I contend when they merged with FLW they ceased to be a start-up.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 03:31 AM

Your call...

Your definition of start-up is strange to me. I contend when they merged with FLW they ceased to be a start-up.

And MLF has been going on for 9 years or so now. They’d been dead to the world without that previous name recognition.

Just seems like it was 1 short year ago, that someone was claiming that every tournament in the future was going to be mlf style. Sure don’t see that being spouted anymore.
Posted By: topherdel

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by buda13
roflmao

I especially liked this part about Edwin "Strip Mining" that spot he wont it all on. LMAO! You just cant make this stuff up.... I think he forgot all those fish that were caught were released in the same spot. Heck Edwin probably caught a few of em twice during his "scorched earth" tactic. roflmao roflmao roflmao

https://anglerschannel.com/opinion-piece-glass-house/

"By contrast, we all watched MLF pros last year as they hammered up to 80 fish from a single small area or big school. No upgrades, just cookie cutter, one-pound-and-a-few-ounces fish. Hooked and handled. Over and over. No need to move to a different area in search of a different class of fish and therefore give rest to the spot currently being strip-mined for every single little fish it can give up. Given the day off an MLF pro enjoys between rounds and that many MLF events place competitors on different bodies of water throughout the week, pros are further incentivized to exploit this scorched earth tactic.

Good luck to the recreational angler who shows up on that spot Saturday morning. He would be better served if the MLF pro had just kept and killed his legal limit and left the area otherwise unmolested."

I think you missed the point. 80 fish were hooked, swung in the boat and touched prior to being released. If a 5 bass limit angler hit that spot they would have left long before catching 80 fish thus only throwing back say 20 or 30 before moving on. That leaves 50 or so fish that don't have to be released because they were never caught. His point is it less stress on a fish to not catch it than it is to catch and release.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tony S
Most of the commenters don’t even read what’s at the link I posted...

I got as far as "Opinion Piece" and didn't waste any more time. [/quote]
If you weren't interested in opinion you wouldn't be visiting this site. 90% of this website are opinion. The other 10% are flat out lies er um fishing stories.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 03:55 AM

Your call...

And MLF has been going on for 9 years or so now. They’d been dead to the world without that previous name recognition.

Just seems like it was 1 short year ago, that someone was claiming that every tournament in the future was going to be mlf style. Sure don’t see that being spouted anymore.

That’s because they aren’t a startup. That’s excuse making for a group of people who don’t have their act together and their incompetence and ineptness is being put on display. Mark is in the sales business, he sells sh!t sandwiches to uninformed c-suite people, and one of the best sales tactics is to flatter them with fancy excuse making narratives... i.e. you’re just a startup and your statistics look great for only being a startup, here, buy this and that and it will help you grow.

All corporate bull... MLF isn’t a startup, it was a long running good old boys club that decided to try and conjure up a plan that was way to big for their britches and they handed over control to the club to a bigger shyster than they were. They needed seats to be filled so they sowed dissent in BASS and then found a bunch of gullible and disgruntled anglers to sell a bag of over hyped goods to.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by the skipper
I dont think the article is far from the truth at all. All catching 50 fish from a school does is make our fisheries tougher, for us, the ones that have to reap the supposed benefits. Reality is we dont know the effects of fishing like they do. I'm not saying it's better or worse, I'm just not ruling out the possibility of it hurting more. The live well commercials should have never made the TV show, that was pure stupidity made out of spite. The one thing the article nails is that the anti talk will never benefit anybody and only cause harm to fishing as a whole

^^^^^^ In MY OPINION, this is probably the best post in this thread!

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 04:50 AM

Luke = Big O.

Big O = Dubee
I don't know one person from another on here but after reading halfway through this thread that right there would be hilarious if it were true.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 05:49 AM

Your call...

BPT is in startup mode as a league and FLW doesn’t change that at all. Yes the MLF brand is 9 years old but the scale of the league and the investment changed dramatically last year.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 06:00 AM

Your call...

That’s because they aren’t a startup. That’s excuse making for a group of people who don’t have their act together and their incompetence and ineptness is being put on display. Mark is in the sales business, he sells sh!t sandwiches to uninformed c-suite people, and one of the best sales tactics is to flatter them with fancy excuse making narratives... i.e. you’re just a startup and your statistics look great for only being a startup, here, buy this and that and it will help you grow.

All corporate bull... MLF isn’t a startup, it was a long running good old boys club that decided to try and conjure up a plan that was way to big for their britches and they handed over control to the club to a bigger shyster than they were. They needed seats to be filled so they sowed dissent in BASS and then found a bunch of gullible and disgruntled anglers to sell a bag of over hyped goods to.

It’s 100% clear that you have no idea what business I’m in. Hopefully one day whatever it is that’s happened to you in all of this gets resolved somehow and you’re able to stabilize yourself. Life is too short for you to be battling something you have no control over.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by topherdel
Originally Posted by Tony S
Most of the commenters don’t even read what’s at the link I posted...

I got as far as "Opinion Piece" and didn't waste any more time.

If you weren't interested in opinion you wouldn't be visiting this site. 90% of this website are opinion. The other 10% are flat out lies er um fishing stories.[/quote]

^^^ This, although I’d argue the percentage on the fish stories. grin

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 10:44 AM

Luke = Big O.

Big O = Dubee
I don't know one person from another on here but after reading halfway through this thread that right there would be hilarious if it were true.

I use my real name
Posted By: buda13

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 11:00 AM

I think you missed the point. 80 fish were hooked, swung in the boat and touched prior to being released. If a 5 bass limit angler hit that spot they would have left long before catching 80 fish thus only throwing back say 20 or 30 before moving on. That leaves 50 or so fish that don't have to be released because they were never caught. His point is it less stress on a fish to not catch it than it is to catch and release.

I don’t think I missed the point at all... the logic you and Big O are using is that now it’s also bad to catch to many fish.. that line of thinking is no better than the MLF stuff about keeping fish in live well. Think about what your saying and what it can lead to. If you want to talk about the stones and glass house, essentially this is the same thing by attacking the MLF format on fish care and sensationalizing it into “scorched earth”. It’s doing the exact same thing you all are upset at MLF for....

I can tell you that I’ve sat on a school of fish and caught 30+ from making the same cast over and over. Went back the next day, caught a bunch more, went back the next 2 weekends and yep, still catching the bejesus out of em. All in the same area about 20 yards wide. It’ll be a cold day in haties before I leave a biting school because I don’t wanna stick to many and make it hard on the next guy. (No it wasn’t on Squaw lol)
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 02:25 PM

Luke = Big O.

Big O = Dubee

I use my real name

Like they say, you are what you smoke.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 02:27 PM

Where was it?
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 02:51 PM

WOW, BIG O's PROPAGANDA spew is still going on.. de LMAO

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Seale
Luke = Big O.

Big O = Dubee

I use my real name

Like they say, you are what you smoke.

Well i smoked it maybe twice in my life. Didn't like it

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 02:58 PM

He’s the man that they love to hate.

And if Big O’ is really Luke Dunkin, which I don’t think he is; but if he is....Then Luke, I’ve been enjoying your podcast, getting the BPT guys panties bunched up is always a fun time.
Posted By: camo-jorts

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 03:01 PM

Pc
Posted By: rbspots

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 03:38 PM

He’s the man that they love to hate.

And if Big O’ is really Luke Dunkin, which I don’t think he is; but if he is....Then Luke, I’ve been enjoying your podcast, getting the BPT guys panties bunched up is always a fun time.

True
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 03:49 PM

It’ll be a cold day in haties before I leave a biting school because I don’t wanna stick to many and make it hard on the next guy. (No it wasn’t on Squaw lol)

Is that was is being suggested roflmao

AS IF!

Thats rich.
Posted By: Techfisher

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 06:22 PM

You mean all these here fishing shows I watch are fake and they just do it for money?? I am so happy that someone has enlightened me to the dark underside of these shows. I mean I was gonna try my hand at fishing one of them tournaments but if they is fake I won't do it. Since everything is fake Im going to sell or give away all my fishing equipment....and start investigating all of these fake shows and publish a blog about them. Or maybe I'll just have a beer and forget about all of it...:)

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 06:31 PM

Has this been settled yet?

I need to know what shows to record.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by John175☮

Depends on wether you’re a quality guy or quantity guy. cool

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/05/20 10:32 PM

I'll take what I can get. I prefer local shows like Honey Hole and subscribe to that. Bassmaster streamed over YouTube is my favorite for working in the garage. Hulu has MLF so I record those for lazy downtime. I'm a viewer. Internet fights mean little. Numbers do.This coming from a guy with 74,916 posts.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/06/20 01:28 AM

I'll take what I can get. I prefer local shows like Honey Hole and subscribe to that. Bassmaster streamed over YouTube is my favorite for working in the garage. Hulu has MLF so I record those for lazy downtime. I'm a viewer. Internet fights mean little. Numbers do.This coming from a guy with 74,916 posts.

In that case, record them all! bannana2

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/07/20 01:46 AM

I don’t think I missed the point at all... the logic you and Big O are using is that now it’s also bad to catch to many fish.. that line of thinking is no better than the MLF stuff about keeping fish in live well. Think about what your saying and what it can lead to. If you want to talk about the stones and glass house, essentially this is the same thing by attacking the MLF format on fish care and sensationalizing it into “scorched earth”. It’s doing the exact same thing you all are upset at MLF for....

I can tell you that I’ve sat on a school of fish and caught 30+ from making the same cast over and over. Went back the next day, caught a bunch more, went back the next 2 weekends and yep, still catching the bejesus out of em. All in the same area about 20 yards wide. It’ll be a cold day in haties before I leave a biting school because I don’t wanna stick to many and make it hard on the next guy. (No it wasn’t on Squaw lol)

Whoa whoa whoa. Don't associate me with Big O and don't be accusing me of being upset with MLF. You can put 5 in a livewell and you an catch 80 fish if you want. I don't care. My point is that handling 80 fish may not necessarily be that much better than sticking 5 in a livewell. Without a study, you can't make that judgement call. If you want to catch 80 fish go right ahead just don't act all high and mighty because you think you are doing the fish justice by not putting them in the livewell. There are other things you can do that kill fish.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/07/20 02:22 AM

I want to handle 80 fish every time I go fishing(no apologies to anyone).

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/07/20 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by 361V

No kidding, me to

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/07/20 02:44 AM

No kidding, me to

Why limit yourselves. Catch 80 and carry the 5 biggest to weigh in.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/07/20 04:26 AM

No kidding, me to

Either your not reading my post, it goes over your head, or your being a smart a s s. Go back to being trolled by Big O.

Re: Still throwing rocks while living in glass house - 02/07/20 04:53 AM

No kidding, me to

Or you can catch 80 and keep 5 nice ones to take home and have a fish fry! peep
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum