D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
Originally Posted by David Burton
Fork being a Bass lake with lots of water hazards is not the best location for all of that. Try a more recreation-friendly lake...

In the area, Tawakoni is lacking good facilities!

Another areas to consider - Cedar Creek

Check with the Corps about expanding venues at lakes in the DFW are like LAVON and RayBob… Could be options, and more likely to be productive for the long-haul!

For those of us who have worked hard to be able to move lakeside at one of these lakes (Bought an existing home on Ray Roberts for us) the last thing anyone that lives out there wants is a venue drawing people to the area. The small communities will fight you big time if you try to do something like that. It is peaceful living but there is a price, I drive at least an hour each way 5 days a week to enjoy it. We also have to drive 20 min to a 1/2 hour in any direction to get to gas or a dollar store and we like it that way. Please come and fish the lake all you want we, all own it, it is beautiful and peaceful. It will not stay that way if it is developed to the enth degree like everywhere else around here seems to be going. Respectfully, please stay far away from Ray Roberts with any business ideas that would draw a crowd.

So basically you are saying it's like in-laws, stay little while but eventually you have to go home
roflmao

#MFGA
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: Douglas J] #13419352 01/28/20 09:13 PM
R
Rog Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
Originally Posted by Douglas J
Fork being a Bass lake with lots of water hazards is not the best location for all of that. Try a more recreation-friendly lake...

Check with the Corps about expanding venues at lakes in the DFW are like LAVON and RayBob… Could be options, and more likely to be productive for the long-haul!

For those of us who have worked hard to be able to move lakeside at one of these lakes (Bought an existing home on Ray Roberts for us) the last thing anyone that lives out there wants is a venue drawing people to the area. The small communities will fight you big time if you try to do something like that. It is peaceful living but there is a price, I drive at least an hour each way 5 days a week to enjoy it. We also have to drive 20 min to a 1/2 hour in any direction to get to gas or a dollar store and we like it that way. Please come and fish the lake all you want we, all own it, it is beautiful and peaceful. It will not stay that way if it is developed to the enth degree like everywhere else around here seems to be going. Respectfully, please stay far away from Ray Roberts with any business ideas that would draw a crowd.

So basically you are saying it's like in-laws, stay little while but eventually you have to go home
roflmao

Fished Roberts from canoe before it opened. I don’t consider it “out in the country” anymore. Things are developing north so fast it wont be long before it’s a city lake like Ray Hubbard or Lewisville. Just heard the north toll way is supposed to tie into 35 up by Gainesville. I can remember when it stopped at Keller Springs and Frisco/The colony was out in the country. Lol. Roberts may be a great option for a venue like you propose especially if they limit lake front development long term.

Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: Douglas J] #13419374 01/28/20 09:31 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

roflmao

Exactly!! IMO Trump is building the border wall on the wrong side of the state! We need one on the West, North, and East sides! Too many people moving in! The ones from the South side have already been here a long time and aren't hurting anyone. I worry about the other foreign countries like California and New York... grin

BTW just having a little fun, sorry to hijack the post. OP Bless you and your family and I wish you success in your business idea, venues seem to be very popular right now!

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: Statton48] #13419389 01/28/20 09:41 PM
A
Allen Bass Fisher Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
A
I don't know Bois D' Arc might be the next TPW lake failure like Cooper was/is. Cooper was supposed to be the next Fork and after maybe 5 years hardly anyone fishes it (at least for bass). I know the drought had a big hand in it's demise.

Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: Statton48] #13419414 01/28/20 10:05 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
I think the ducking hunting is going to be way better than the fishing on Bois D Arc.

Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: Statton48] #13419423 01/28/20 10:07 PM
J
Jersey Dan Offline
Guido
Guido
J
Investing in Fork would be the worst possible move you could make. Bois D Arc is the move to make.

Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: Sinkey] #13419427 01/28/20 10:11 PM
J
JIM SR. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted by Sinkey
Best business you can have at Fork is boat stalls. Secured gate nice location.

This,...They just doubled the size of where I keep my boat. I have a RV there, and Fork is a ghost town in winter. One thing is Fork is not
a recreation lake, it's not a vacation place to come for boating, sking, seado's. There's not much to do if you are not fishing, or in a tournament.

Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: Douglas J] #13419471 01/28/20 10:49 PM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D

roflmao

No, he's saying "GET OFF MY LAWN!" frkazoid

We need an old man in a rocking chair on a back porch emoticon!

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: David Burton] #13419494 01/28/20 11:06 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

roflmao

No, he's saying "GET OFF MY LAWN!" frkazoid

We need an old man in a rocking chair on a back porch emoticon!

I wish we could have docks so I could brush it up real good, put buoys around it and yell at people for fishing it grin

Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: Statton48] #13419497 01/28/20 11:08 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Kidding grin grin

Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: Bass Buster1] #13419525 01/28/20 11:43 PM
S
Statton48 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
S

What you’re really saying is it’s the perfect business opportunity and I should act quickly. Thank you!!!

I’m just kidding, I respectfully understand what you mean.

Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: Statton48] #13419535 01/28/20 11:53 PM
K
Kodyjoe Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
K
Sinkey Have you ever seen the duck pictures that John had at Fishermans one stop Thats where they came from right where the dam is being built I have given them to a bunch of people

Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: hopalong] #13419549 01/29/20 12:00 AM
D
DarrellSimpson Offline
Angler
Angler
D
Originally Posted by hopalong
texoma for what you want to do.

at fork, you would for sure fill during the big tournaments then it becomes marketing and service to keep bookings coming in.

if fork then you should find somewhere close to the golf course, this could add to bookings other than fishermen. check with the sra and find out what the chances of a dock system is, they have final say and permit them.

I second Texoma , Its a body of water that can support water sports as well as fishing for more than one species as well as areas for the weekend Kayaks .

Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: Sinkey] #13419661 01/29/20 01:31 AM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by Sinkey
Best business you can have at Fork is boat stalls. Secured gate nice location.

I agree.

Re: Fork Fishing Investment [Re: Statton48] #13419691 01/29/20 01:56 AM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
I have kody. I’ve been hunting the Red River the last 20 years. Bohnam area is real good. As is the other side of Texoma. The thing I’m not getting is all the talk about Bois D Ark. Its being built by the water district for water use. This is not going to be a Lake Fork unless TPW makes it that way. But the duck hunting will have my attention for sure. May have to buy a camp up there! Lol.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide