Forums59
Topics1,039,182
Posts13,960,486
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: TPWD Taking Public Comment on Proposed Regulation Changes for Trotlines and Other Related Gears [Re: Texas Grown] #13312118 10/15/19 11:52 AM
B
Bob Landry Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Why not just enforce the laws already in place?

Because the state wants the revenue generated by the citations written because of the confusion over new and obscure laws. Not hard to connect the dots. Just about everything TPW comes up with is a money grab of some type.

2015 Seaark 1872 MV CC Etec-90
Two Helix 12 CHIRP SI's, , MinnKota Riptide ST80/i-pilot Link, Bob's Hydraulic
2020 Robalo R200 CC, Yamaha 150

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: TPWD Taking Public Comment on Proposed Regulation Changes for Trotlines and Other Related Gears [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13313098 10/16/19 02:47 AM
Z
zebcoomega1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Z
I replied to the Tp&W website yesterday..i think we have until Nov 4 to
voice a opinion. I do think with the popularity of the noodles and they tend
to get away from fisherman has made harder on the trotlines. I just got
into noodles and got to admit I lost 3 on a windy day and I searched and
searched but could not find. Im in on more rules for noodles and jugs since
there are a lot more and looks trashier with it floating but leave trotlines
the way they are..like you said lot harder to put out and adding floats to
a trotline just adds more trash. Enforce the rules that we have as mentioned
above and we will be fine.

Re: TPWD Taking Public Comment on Proposed Regulation Changes for Trotlines and Other Related Gears [Re: Texas Grown] #13335589 11/08/19 07:24 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
They did pass proposed changes, but due to comments & input, they adjusted (alterred) a few items.

Instead of changing from 10 days to 4 days, it passed as 6 days.

The bit about the floats to identify the lines, sadly passed, but you can only put your ID # instead of full info. That way only the Game Warden or TP&W can only ascertain exactly who you are. They still did not comprehend that some think they are judge, jury & executioner, not being an authorized agent (such as a Game Warden), and simply cut or pull the device, legal or not.

The floats also must be a certain size- "must be at least 6 inches in length and not less than 3 inches in width".

Almost forgot. It seems this will go into effect on 2-1-2020 instead of making the regular annual 2020-2021 yearbook regulations.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: TPWD Taking Public Comment on Proposed Regulation Changes for Trotlines and Other Related Gears [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13335985 11/08/19 05:38 PM
Z
Zip-ur-Fly Offline
Angler
Angler
Z
If I understand the new regulations correctly, as of 02/01/2020 any jug line (milk jug/ old motor oil bottle) etc that is not 6" long and 3" in diameter we can legally remover from the brush around our waterfronts and in our coves without any legal reproductions? Is that correct?

Holder of Texas State & Lake Fly Rod Records.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." Attributed to Thomas Jefferson.

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius
Re: TPWD Taking Public Comment on Proposed Regulation Changes for Trotlines and Other Related Gears [Re: Zip-ur-Fly] #13336071 11/08/19 06:59 PM
B
BillS2006 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Zip-ur-Fly
If I understand the new regulations correctly, as of 02/01/2020 any jug line (milk jug/ old motor oil bottle) etc that is not 6" long and 3" in diameter we can legally remover from the brush around our waterfronts and in our coves without any legal reproductions? Is that correct?

NO! Only a game warden can remove them. It is thieft of property if you do it yourself.

Transgenders: God made them, the devil changed their minds.
Re: TPWD Taking Public Comment on Proposed Regulation Changes for Trotlines and Other Related Gears [Re: Texas Grown] #13336253 11/08/19 10:52 PM
T
Texas Grown Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
Thanks for updating this page Lynn! I read about it yesterday. But was so depressed about it, I didn't want to spread it to others.

G3 river Jon - "The Wild Thing"

"The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!"
Re: TPWD Taking Public Comment on Proposed Regulation Changes for Trotlines and Other Related Gears [Re: Texas Grown] #13337146 11/09/19 11:56 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Once again, TP&W Game Wardens are properly authorized to remove anything illegal, or expired, as to property. It is not your property. Regardless of expiration or legality, one who is not authorized to do such, is in certain terms, a thief or one who has deemed themselves as an authority with no actual authorization. This leads to vigilantism, to where there is no respect for the laws in place. Eventually, it always does not evolve in a good manner.

It is best to report, either to a Game Warden (or other authorized personnel) directly on the water (the fastest method) of the believed infraction, so they can do the proper removal, if in direct violation of current laws for that water body. If this cannot be done, then there is a hotline for TP&W to report to possible infractions.

Over the years, laws & the dispensation of such, have & has changed. In the 1960s/1970s, I recall my Dad telling me of one guy who used to run everybody's lines. Even when they knew he had their property. However, they were not Game Wardens, so they would have to somehow present proof. Another guy was having his lines being run by this fellow as well. He parked his boat on the river out of sight & awaited on the other side of the bank, for the guy who would steal not only fish, but some of the trotline components. As the fellow had a mess of fish & property, the guy raised up & confronted him. He told him that he had better stop, return the fish & property, to which the fellow replied that it was his lines & his fish, and his property (of which it was not). The guy gave him his last offer - either return his items & fish or he would sink the fellow's boat. The fellow refused. So the guy raised his 22 rifle & proceeded to shoot safely in the front floor of the fellow's boat. He left the fellow in shallow water with a sunken boat, along with his stolen fish & components.

While this may have been OK back then, it probably is not lawful in today's time. I will twell you this, that the guy who used the rifle became a lawman, as he was checking me out on the rver in the 1980s, I mentioned this story. He admitted he was that guy who sank the fellow's boat. In other words, due to the fellow who would steal, this guy became a lawman to stop such actions (perhaps not in the same manner though).

Is this what you would wish for? Exchange of gunfire or possible violence? The owner of the property, is still the owner of the property, until lawfully taken away by a certified law person. So regardless of being illegal or expired, they (the owner) have (has) the right to protect their property. Do not escalate the problem. Call or contact the proper authorities. Let them deal with it legally. It may take a little more time, but much safer for you.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: TPWD Taking Public Comment on Proposed Regulation Changes for Trotlines and Other Related Gears [Re: Texas Grown] #13337152 11/10/19 12:02 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
I'll comment more on the alternate 6 day that they settled on, later. I was hoping fopr a 7 day, or putting hooks in the "saddle" or pulling leaders off. 6 days is tight, but can be managed with more awareness. I don't like the idea of adding the extra float due to the many threats I have received over the years after getting on the Forum. There are those who just promote vigilantism period, thinking they are the authorized avenging angels to do such, even if the line or device is legal or not.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: TPWD Taking Public Comment on Proposed Regulation Changes for Trotlines and Other Related Gears [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13337843 11/10/19 11:31 PM
Z
zebcoomega1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Z
Thanks for update..i hate to hear this. Especially on marking trotline. Lines
will be empty if not stolen unless your there everyday with a marker advertising.
I also understand from post above that he has them floating in his cove
and i wouldn't be to happy about that if there was quite a few and would a game
warden come right away to remove it if you called? Probably not. I think all
the reckless noodle rage setting out so many that covers a large area and it's
Legal to have 100 ruined it for the trotliner. My 2 cents.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide