Forums59
Topics1,039,279
Posts13,962,194
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264838 08/30/19 01:39 PM
B
Burbarry Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Pull out the flare gun this is an emergency need to sink that boat.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264841 08/30/19 01:43 PM
C
Chris G Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
C
I'm just wondering with all of the guys ready to fight and/or shoot how many are planning a quick trip up to Fort Cobb for a little marina fishing to see what they can stir up. I'm sure there has to be someone on here that fishes up there from time to time. My only hope is these kids get what is coming to them one way or another.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264894 08/30/19 02:25 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
The comment from the marina, wow

Oklahoma News 4 Article

CADDO COUNTY, Okla. - Two Oklahoma teens said their boat was attacked while fishing in Fort Cobb Lake on Tuesday evening, leaving their boat with thousands of dollars in damage.

“I couldn’t really believe it was going on. It was crazy, really,” said Jacob Russell, whose boat was hit.

Russell said he and his teammate, Jacob McClendon were fishing when two men began harassing the pair.

“It’s illegal to wreck my boat! What are you talking about?” Russell said in the video.

In the video, you can see another boat slamming into Russell's boat, multiple times.

“It scared me. I thought about jumping in there and was like, ‘Better not,’” McClendon said.

The teens, who are on the SWOSU fishing team, came to the lake to practice. They said they were near Sunset Cove Arena when a man started harassing them, throwing screws at their boat.

“They were trying to act like they owned a perimeter around the whole marina, within 150 feet of it. But it’s a public lake and we weren’t touching their docks,” Russell said.

They said that’s when the man got into his own boat, with another man, and started ramming the teens’ boat.

The marina posted this statement on Facebook:

“Regarding the events that took place Tuesday evening 8/27/2019. The Park Ranger, Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Caddo County Sherriff Department, and Oklahoma Game Wardens are aware of the situation and began an investigation immediately following the incident. There were no Sunset Cove Marina or Fort Cobb State Park employees involved in the incident. All involved were immediately interviewed and all eyewitnesses statements were taken (of the entire situation that occurred). We have contacted customers who have boats in our slips to please come and inspect their vessels for any damage the two individuals fishing caused prior to the video. Contact the State Park Ranger in regards to any reports of damage so that he can get his reports to the D.A.”

“Hopefully the boat gets fixed and people learn they can’t do this stuff to fishermen,” Russell said.

“I hope they get what they deserve,” McClendon said.

The teens said they have filed a police report. OHP said they’re investigating the incident.

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Monty Wright] #13264932 08/30/19 02:45 PM
C
Chris G Online Content OP
Extreme Angler
OP Online Content
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by Monty Wright
We have contacted customers who have boats in our slips to please come and inspect their vessels for any damage the two individuals fishing caused prior to the video. Contact the State Park Ranger in regards to any reports of damage so that he can get his reports to the D.A.”

Dude! Are you kidding me? They're suggesting the kids fishing did damage to boats in the marina and that is what started this?

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264942 08/30/19 02:51 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Chris G
We have contacted customers who have boats in our slips to please come and inspect their vessels for any damage the two individuals fishing caused prior to the video. Contact the State Park Ranger in regards to any reports of damage so that he can get his reports to the D.A.”

Dude! Are you kidding me? They're suggesting the kids fishing did damage to boats in the marina and that is what started this?

Someone smells a lawsuit that they are about to lose...…

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264949 08/30/19 02:54 PM
shotgunwilly Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
They are literally inviting all the boat owners to go try to find any "damage" on their boats, which could have been caused by anyone or anything, and to blame it on the kids. bang

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King] #13264953 08/30/19 02:58 PM
ReelSlow Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king
Originally Posted by Hog Jaw
If one of them boys in the Bass Boat was my son I would have beaten his a$$ for not whopping their a$$ .

That right! I was taught to stand up for yourself.

I was taught to stand up for myself, AND taught HOW to stand up for myself without dying in the process. In the Civil War soldiers stood in a line in open fields marching straight into cannon fire.

So your telling me the skinny kid shoulda jumped on a jon boat and started trying to whip 2 grown men's a$$ and hope his buddy followed him into that cluster before he got a knife in the gut or thrown into the lake or shot in the head? I'd whip my boy's A$$ for being such a dumb A$$ if he lived through it. If you are backed into a corner fight like a mad man , if there is an exit , use it. You want your boy to risk his life to prove how tough he is?

Last edited by ReelSlow; 08/30/19 02:59 PM.

GOD is good!
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264961 08/30/19 03:05 PM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I would think twice about jumping in that boat with a spinning prop just inches away, especially with the mind set hillbilly Howie is in. Not worth it, let a great attorney deal with him!

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264997 08/30/19 03:29 PM
O
over the hill @PK Offline
Angler
Angler
O
with the pics of the [censored] they will be found and jailed for that and there lucky they were not shot

Butch Farmer
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: ReelSlow] #13265027 08/30/19 03:54 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
Originally Posted by ReelSlow
Originally Posted by Finesse Master/ Dropshot king
If one of them boys in the Bass Boat was my son I would have beaten his a$$ for not whopping their a$$ .

That right! I was taught to stand up for yourself.

I was taught to stand up for myself, AND taught HOW to stand up for myself without dying in the process. In the Civil War soldiers stood in a line in open fields marching straight into cannon fire.

So your telling me the skinny kid shoulda jumped on a jon boat and started trying to whip 2 grown men's a$$ and hope his buddy followed him into that cluster before he got a knife in the gut or thrown into the lake or shot in the head? I'd whip my boy's A$$ for being such a dumb A$$ if he lived through it. If you are backed into a corner fight like a mad man , if there is an exit , use it. You want your boy to risk his life to prove how tough he is?

+1 these are 18 year old kids verses two grown men, chances are they lose that fight... We can sit here and say all we want about use kicking those two dudes [censored], but how many of you are gonna tell me you lose a fight to an 18 year old kid weighing a buck 70

John Miller
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Monty Wright] #13265028 08/30/19 03:56 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
The comment from the marina, wow

Oklahoma News 4 Article

CADDO COUNTY, Okla. - Two Oklahoma teens said their boat was attacked while fishing in Fort Cobb Lake on Tuesday evening, leaving their boat with thousands of dollars in damage.

“I couldn’t really believe it was going on. It was crazy, really,” said Jacob Russell, whose boat was hit.

Russell said he and his teammate, Jacob McClendon were fishing when two men began harassing the pair.

“It’s illegal to wreck my boat! What are you talking about?” Russell said in the video.

In the video, you can see another boat slamming into Russell's boat, multiple times.

“It scared me. I thought about jumping in there and was like, ‘Better not,’” McClendon said.

The teens, who are on the SWOSU fishing team, came to the lake to practice. They said they were near Sunset Cove Arena when a man started harassing them, throwing screws at their boat.

“They were trying to act like they owned a perimeter around the whole marina, within 150 feet of it. But it’s a public lake and we weren’t touching their docks,” Russell said.

They said that’s when the man got into his own boat, with another man, and started ramming the teens’ boat.

The marina posted this statement on Facebook:

“Regarding the events that took place Tuesday evening 8/27/2019. The Park Ranger, Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Caddo County Sherriff Department, and Oklahoma Game Wardens are aware of the situation and began an investigation immediately following the incident. There were no Sunset Cove Marina or Fort Cobb State Park employees involved in the incident. All involved were immediately interviewed and all eyewitnesses statements were taken (of the entire situation that occurred). We have contacted customers who have boats in our slips to please come and inspect their vessels for any damage the two individuals fishing caused prior to the video. Contact the State Park Ranger in regards to any reports of damage so that he can get his reports to the D.A.”

“Hopefully the boat gets fixed and people learn they can’t do this stuff to fishermen,” Russell said.

“I hope they get what they deserve,” McClendon said.

The teens said they have filed a police report. OHP said they’re investigating the incident.

That is absolute trash by the marina, ive read some hearsay regarding those two individuals being related to the marina owners.. no proof on that, but it would explain why the marina is trying to discredit those boys

John Miller
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Hog Jaw] #13265047 08/30/19 04:10 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Have an open back seat pretty often don’t you?

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13265048 08/30/19 04:13 PM
GeoFisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
The kids handled the situation as good as could be expected given the situation. No one was hurt and everyone is going home safely, including the two knuckleheads and that's the bottom line. I don't like drunks driving on the road next to me and my family either, but I cant just pull em over and whip their a$$es or shoot em.

Interesting to me is how the kid reacted after the first bump. "I gotta put my rod up" or something like that. Had they retaliated in a deadly manner (gun) and killed one of those jerks, it would be awfully hard for one of the youth's (My Cousin Vinny Reference) to prove that his life was in danger. That statement would not help them in a court of law.

Last edited by GeoFisher; 08/30/19 04:13 PM.

Everything on your bass boat is broken......You just don't know it yet.
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13265073 08/30/19 04:45 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J
I just can't figure out why they weren't arrested after authorities saw the video. Clearly assault and property damage at the minimum.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: JackMason] #13265081 08/30/19 04:51 PM
GeoFisher Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by jackmason
I just can't figure out why they weren't arrested after authorities saw the video. Clearly assault and property damage at the minimum.

Agree 100%.

Everything on your bass boat is broken......You just don't know it yet.
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide