Forums59
Topics1,038,949
Posts13,956,276
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Hog Jaw] #13264433 08/30/19 01:50 AM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by Hog Jaw
If one of them boys in the Bass Boat was my son I would have beaten his a$$ for not whopping their a$$ .

That right! I was taught to stand up for yourself.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Bobby Milam] #13264496 08/30/19 02:43 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Bobby Milam
Originally Posted by Northsidejoe
I'm not saying it was worthy of pulling a gun and using it. I never said that. I'm saying they committed a felony and several misdemeanors including interfering with a fisherman, but what do I know I've only been in law enforcement for over 20 years. If a person was ramming your car with their car would that not be AWDW? That was a boat under power. The video shows that conclusively.

I've been a cop for about 25 years. In my opinion from what could be seen on the video, yes they committed crimes and were ramming the boat but you see one person on the transom trying to push it away with his foot and telling another to just start the boat and that person is saying that he can't because he has to put his rod up. I don't think that I have ever seen a jury that would no bill them had they shot the person when it was obvious that while they were scared but not scared for their life. If you have to take time to put a rod up instead of cranking the boat to escape or you are going to try and use your foot to push a boat away as it is coming towards your boat, you weren't in that much fear.

Dubee, same as the Florida case for the same reason. They were in as much fear for their life as the Florida guy. I've been in a shooting and even when you are right it is not fun to go thru and believe me, even when you know you followed everything by the book and had justification, you never know what a jury will say. 15 years ago the attorney wanted $50,000 to represent me if it went to trial. I have no idea what that would cost today.

I haven't seen the Flotida video since it happened. I thought that after the guy got knocked to the ground, the other guy was standing there and not punching anymore. These inbreds kept being aggressive. Lets look at it this way. Obviously the kids didn't pull a gun and shoot so you are baseing your opinion on that video. What if after the 1st ramming and telling the inbreds to stop they are going to leave. They ram them again. The kid pulls a gun and tells them to stop, we are trying to leave. They keep trying to ram them. The kid shoots. What is your opinion then?

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264498 08/30/19 02:43 AM
P
pabsr Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Happins again, crankup that outboard and run over that basterd

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264556 08/30/19 03:43 AM
steve_twice Offline
Angler
Angler
Bunch of tough guys on this thread. I'm all for punching a guy in the mouth when it's needed but can't help wondering how those boys were supposed to jump in the jon boat without ending up in the water. And the idea of shooting those idiots over some boat damage is too reckless and stupid to even comprehend.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264571 08/30/19 03:59 AM
1bas Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I may not have shot the guys ramming me. But I would have made them evacuate the jon boat and hunt some cover.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264593 08/30/19 04:41 AM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
they would've got the boat ramp beat down...

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264615 08/30/19 05:55 AM
E
elkhartdom Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
E
so are the cops going to do anything about the assault?

at the sound of my name, fish tremble
HI HO SILVER AWAY!!!ranger Z521,250 sho,black and silver
TD: BMET 6263
http://theboatcentertx.com
bmoet@facebook
"I humble myself before God, there the list ends" Sam Houston
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Sinkey] #13264618 08/30/19 06:30 AM
F
FXfromTx Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Originally Posted by Sinkey
Originally Posted by UTDmiller
Originally Posted by bbassfishes
Originally Posted by Sinkey
The guys in the john boat need to be arrested. And the guys in the Nitro need their man cards pulled for sure!

I don't usually promote violence in any way on the water, but I agree, those guys passive aggressive attitude just allowed those bullies to feed into the fact that they clearly weren't going to do anything. As for the bullies, they are scum of the earth human beings.

While i understand this thinking, hell i would have been in their boat, those 2 bullies easily could have had a gun on them. What would yall being saying about the two boys had they jumped in that jon boat and then both been killed? People are crazy man, i in no way blame those kids, thats what they are, for just trying to get out of the situation. Anyone who says they need their man card removed or they are whimps probably doesnt stop to think for a second what could have happened... damaged boat? getting it fixed is a hell of a lot cheaper than dying or getting their [censored] kicked by 2 older guys who seem to have some tools in their boat.

You are right....we do live in a crazy world. But we also live in a world were kids don't get paddled in school anymore. Where kids would rather film everything instead of standing up for their selves. I was brought up different. That's why kids are soft these days. We handled $hit when I was younger. You may catch an a$$ whoopin every now and then. But you handled your business.
Kids these days don't understand that because of both crazy society and the society that babies them.

While I most likely would've handled it the same way you say you would have, by jumping in their boat and whipping some serious a$$, I think the two should be commended for the way they handled it. I would've been going to jail, you would've been going to jail. These two won't because they didn't further escalate the situation by jumping onto somebody else's boat and proceed to assault them(self-defense or not). Jumping on their boat would be no different than dragging somebody out of their car and whipping their a$$ if this was a car wreck. Two wrongs don't make a right. That said, remember I am admitting I wouldn't have the patience and self-control these guys had in a similar situation, but these two were raised in a world where there can be legal implications for just barely touching somebody, much less jumping onto/in their property and beating the tar out of them. Yeah when you grew up you might've been handed an a$$ whoopin for standing up for yourself, but these two might've been handed a jumpsuit. I know of somebody who had a disagreement with somebody and when walking away the other person took him down while his back was turned. The one walking away took control and beat the [censored] out of the guy. He got 3 years in jail and a couple years of probation after his release. Maybe they aren't "soft" and maybe they do sometimes stick up for themselves. But maybe they feared a result like that if they handled it the way we probably would have.

"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."
Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: BigDozer66] #13264629 08/30/19 09:01 AM
Gamblinman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
I think those guys work for the marina and it's a no fishing area. You can hear them say something about harassing. Regardless.... That's not how you handle it. They should be fired at minimum.

The Marina has been contacted and they said thy had no employees working for them. hmmm

What did you expect him to say? Look at the tools in the boat... that was a working boat, not a fishing boat. Word is that the driver of the john boat is a relative of the marina owner.

Lots of marinas in OK post signs that say you can't fish within a certain distance in an attempt to buffalo fisherman.

Its time for a higher court to rule on this issue and settle these disputes before a tragedy happens. The only area that should be off limits to fishing is a fueling area, and only a limited number of feet within that area. These are navigable waters... your tax dollars were used to construct these lakes, and all users should be allowed full access except in areas where safety is an issue. Private entities and the Corp of Engineers should not have the right to limit access.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264644 08/30/19 10:39 AM
D
DBFishing83 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
It was certainly justified-- in the least-- to fire a warning shot over their bow and state the next one would be deadly to protect ones self
Oklahoma --- while they like their Bubbas --- also cherish their STAND YOUR GROUND law and their GUNS !!!!

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264779 08/30/19 01:01 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Those guys(and some of the responses on here) is why it’s illegal to marry within your own family!

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: 361V] #13264813 08/30/19 01:21 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by 361V
Those guys(and some of the responses on here) is why it’s illegal to marry within your own family!

This exactly lol

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: DBFishing83] #13264829 08/30/19 01:32 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
[quote=flukeman83]It was certainly justified-- in the least-- to fire a warning shot over their bow and state the next one would be deadly to protect ones self
Oklahoma --- while they like their Bubbas --- also cherish their STAND YOUR GROUND law and their

So much wrong info in this post...
With extremely rare exception, you shoot at someone or shoot someone - your going to jail.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264833 08/30/19 01:37 PM
W
wh2004 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
W
Warning shot is never a good idea.

Re: Wow! Talk about on the water confrontation! [Re: Chris G] #13264834 08/30/19 01:38 PM
B
Burbarry Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Wow that’s insane

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide