Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: the skipper] #13191850 06/21/19 02:16 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by the skipper
They haven't started production yet. They are still fine tuning the process and figuring out some of the stuff for rigging or something like that. That's what the rep on BBC said. I question the paint process and how it will hold up. I do agree with others that for the money I wouldn't want to be the tester of the new boats.

I saw 3 of them on a trailer headed South on 59 between Lufkin and Nacogdoches the other day. hmmm

Some dealers list them as in stock so what are they trying to figure out?

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: BigDozer66] #13191889 06/21/19 02:50 AM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by BigDozer66
They haven't started production yet. They are still fine tuning the process and figuring out some of the stuff for rigging or something like that. That's what the rep on BBC said. I question the paint process and how it will hold up. I do agree with others that for the money I wouldn't want to be the tester of the new boats.

I saw 3 of them on a trailer headed South on 59 between Lufkin and Nacogdoches the other day. hmmm

The way I understood it each dealer is going to get 4 2020 glass boats, they will be showing up in July, they are for the most part all sold unless someone backs out like I did. They do have a few that they are carrying around the country giving demo rides etc.

[Linked Image]
Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: Happykamper] #13191915 06/21/19 03:16 AM
C
Capt BB Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted by Happykamper
I was on the list to get one of the very first ones to leave the factory, went to the Bass Masters Classic for the unveiling, I was very disappointed in the looks, the pickle fork front end, the grill on the side of the boat, and the handicap railing on the top cap all turned me off. Now with that said, the quality of the boat is top notch, it has some very neat features, and from what I remember they do have rod storage with tubes and neat straps to hold down the rods. After deciding against the Vexus ( at least for a year or two ) we decided to look at all the boats there, we kept being drawn to the Bullet Boat display, after crawling around one and talking with the factory folks we decided to order one, should be here in a month or so, excited to give them a try.

Thanks Happykamper. I was hoping I would hear back from someone who actually laid eyes on the boat. Good luck with your Bullet!

Boeing--> Airbus--> Phoenix 20PHX
Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: Capt BB] #13191958 06/21/19 05:09 AM
D
Duke 22 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
I love my Phoenix, but that is the last boat I will pay the price of a small starter home for. Unlike vehicles the buyer can help determine the price, these are luxury items for most of us and if we stop paying exorbitant prices we could help determine the baseline pricing. In theory anyway..... hammer

Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: Capt BB] #13191974 06/21/19 06:03 AM
fosterfence Offline
Angler
Angler
I myself almost bought one. I have been all through them, as well as ridden in them. I actually waited to see this boat for a while before getting a new one. The hull is built right, and rivals Ranger. The pickle fork, I actually loved. Maybe it isnt pretty to some, but with the size of Ultrex and graphs I see it as a much needed addition to bass boats. I loved that room. The rod boxes, actually all boxes, are huge. The center box is awesome as it will easily hold 5-6 primary rods, and almost all your tackle or it could hold quite a few rods and some tackle like the current Rangers.
The wiring and electrical are what all boats should be today. Top notch by a long shot.

What I did not like and turned me away was some finishing touches. I think they are a year or 2 away from really being one of the best boats out there. The passenger rod holder is an ATV Koplin gun mount. That made 0 sense to me and was hideous. I did not like the center step drawer. I think it needs some more thought. The console ice chest and how solid it was on top was impressive. But, since you have to use it as an ice chest there was no real close storage for sunglasses, maps, etc within reach and easily accessible. The drawer doesnt serve that function well. That would only leave you with passenger console glovebox. Which is fine, except in draw tournaments.
I hear the whole rail thing, but it didnt bother me at all. The boat is a fine looking rig on the water. And the paint job made me nervous. I just dont know if it will hold up yet, especially with a trailering cover.

With that said, it was 3 little things that kept me from buying the boat. I really wanted it because good ole JM controls everything. I wanted another 521c but cannot get one with an Evinrude. In no way after having the G2 will I consider driving anything until the other motors come out with similar hotfoot and steering. So that leaves me with ordering a 521L after the dealer meeting. It is the best option available to me, even though I really want another 521c with Evinrude

Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: Capt BB] #13191982 06/21/19 08:12 AM
MurraynTx Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
I can't imagine any boat better than my 520L. Best one Ive ever owned.

Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: BigDozer66] #13192053 06/21/19 11:58 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by BigDozer66

You got me, that's just what the rep was saying the last couple days.

Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: fosterfence] #13192078 06/21/19 12:38 PM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by fosterfence
I myself almost bought one. I have been all through them, as well as ridden in them. I actually waited to see this boat for a while before getting a new one. The hull is built right, and rivals Ranger. The pickle fork, I actually loved. Maybe it isnt pretty to some, but with the size of Ultrex and graphs I see it as a much needed addition to bass boats. I loved that room. The rod boxes, actually all boxes, are huge. The center box is awesome as it will easily hold 5-6 primary rods, and almost all your tackle or it could hold quite a few rods and some tackle like the current Rangers.
The wiring and electrical are what all boats should be today. Top notch by a long shot.

What I did not like and turned me away was some finishing touches. I think they are a year or 2 away from really being one of the best boats out there. The passenger rod holder is an ATV Koplin gun mount. That made 0 sense to me and was hideous. I did not like the center step drawer. I think it needs some more thought. The console ice chest and how solid it was on top was impressive. But, since you have to use it as an ice chest there was no real close storage for sunglasses, maps, etc within reach and easily accessible. The drawer doesnt serve that function well. That would only leave you with passenger console glovebox. Which is fine, except in draw tournaments.
I hear the whole rail thing, but it didnt bother me at all. The boat is a fine looking rig on the water. And the paint job made me nervous. I just dont know if it will hold up yet, especially with a trailering cover.

With that said, it was 3 little things that kept me from buying the boat. I really wanted it because good ole JM controls everything. I wanted another 521c but cannot get one with an Evinrude. In no way after having the G2 will I consider driving anything until the other motors come out with similar hotfoot and steering. So that leaves me with ordering a 521L after the dealer meeting. It is the best option available to me, even though I really want another 521c with Evinrude

Very good description, I had forgot about the passenger rod holder LOL, there is no question this boat is all about quality, they will make some changes along the way an I could easily see myself in one, I hope they come up with more of a performance model that will run with Bass Cat, Triton, Phoenix, little more sleekish looking boat in place of a Lincoln Continental.

[Linked Image]
Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: Capt BB] #13192120 06/21/19 01:28 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Capt BB
Ouch.

You think that Phoenix is much less, its not. I think Vexus will be an excellent made boat, they are still ugly tho.

Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: fosterfence] #13192133 06/21/19 01:39 PM
C
Capt BB Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C

Thanks for the great review fosterfence. Yes JM does control everything

Boeing--> Airbus--> Phoenix 20PHX
Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: Capt BB] #13192265 06/21/19 03:45 PM
D
DJB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
You guys crack me up complaining about JM. He is the only one keeping a half reasonable priced boat lineup.

Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: Capt BB] #13192582 06/21/19 08:27 PM
Insurance man Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
You might want to take a look at the new Skeeter boat coming out this year...I hear it is going to be Awesome and way less than a Ranger.

Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: Capt BB] #13192608 06/21/19 08:46 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Capt BB

Thanks for the great review fosterfence. Yes JM does control everything

JM doesn't control Bass Cat, Bullet, Phoenix, Skeeter, and a few others. hmmm

I just named what most consider the best Bass Boats out there that does not have JM on the title and that I can remember! partyon

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: Insurance man] #13192620 06/21/19 08:56 PM
RATZ Online Happy
Activity Coordinator
Online Happy
Activity Coordinator
Originally Posted by Insurance man
You might want to take a look at the new Skeeter boat coming out this year...I hear it is going to be Awesome and way less than a Ranger.

still $80-90 grand. You have to be filthy rich to afford one of those every few year (or ever).

If God is your co-pilot then change seats

https://abaltcustomlures.com/

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Vexus bass boat [Re: Insurance man] #13192708 06/21/19 10:28 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Insurance man

If by way less, you mean around the same, or even way more than a loaded Ranger, youre correct! roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide