Texas Fishing Forum

Vexus bass boat

Posted By: Capt BB

Vexus bass boat - 06/20/19 09:57 PM

I’ve been shopping for a new bass boat and am leaning toward a Phoenix. I stumbled across the new Vexus fiberglass boats on YouTube and was certainly impressed. Has anyone seen their new boats or have any knowledge about their quality? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/20/19 10:08 PM

They seem to have lots of features but the fiberglass starts at 80k I believe.
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/20/19 10:08 PM

Just to let you know, I stopped by North Texas Marine yesterday. They are on Loop 820 here in Fort Worth.
They already have the aluminum Vexus boats in stock and are receiving some of the new Fiberglass boats in September. Salesman told me what the price would be and its right there with Ranger. Certainly not cheap. But, we'll see what they look like!

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/20/19 10:18 PM

Ouch.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/20/19 10:19 PM

I'm not in the market for a new one but if I was I'd let someone else do the testing before I spent that kind of money for one. The few I have seen weren't that attractive to me.

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/20/19 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by GIG'EM AGGIES
I'm not in the market for a new one but if I was I'd let someone else do the testing before I spent that kind of money for one. The few I have seen weren't that attractive to me.

I agree...thanks
Posted By: scottsoutdoorworld

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/20/19 11:46 PM

not for me but i dint like my ranger either and this looks just like a ranger [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/20/19 11:46 PM

I saw the youtube video and was not impressed with it at all. I would definitely go with the Phoenix. I did not like the rod locker/tackle storage combo space in the center of the boat. They do not have rod tubes or holders in the rod box so I can see a good potential for a huge tangled mess of rods not to mention the boat rash they would develop banging together all the time. I think the pedestal driver and passenger seat could develop problems if you plan on keeping the boat long term. They were flexing quite a bit in the boat already. Finally, they are very $$$$$$ and unproven.

Oh, one more thing, I also do not like the open air windshield concept.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 12:23 AM

the price of boats today is stupid high.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 12:26 AM

They may be greatest thing since sliced bread way out of my price range.

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
I saw the youtube video and was not impressed with it at all. I would definitely go with the Phoenix. I did not like the rod locker/tackle storage combo space in the center of the boat. They do not have rod tubes or holders in the rod box so I can see a good potential for a huge tangled mess of rods not to mention the boat rash they would develop banging together all the time. I think the pedestal driver and passenger seat could develop problems if you plan on keeping the boat long term. They were flexing quite a bit in the boat already. Finally, they are very $$$$$$ and unproven.

Oh, one more thing, I also do not like the open air windshield concept.

Good points ezbassin...thanks
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 02:01 AM

They haven't started production yet. They are still fine tuning the process and figuring out some of the stuff for rigging or something like that. That's what the rep on BBC said. I question the paint process and how it will hold up. I do agree with others that for the money I wouldn't want to be the tester of the new boats.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 02:07 AM

I was on the list to get one of the very first ones to leave the factory, went to the Bass Masters Classic for the unveiling, I was very disappointed in the looks, the pickle fork front end, the grill on the side of the boat, and the handicap railing on the top cap all turned me off. Now with that said, the quality of the boat is top notch, it has some very neat features, and from what I remember they do have rod storage with tubes and neat straps to hold down the rods. After deciding against the Vexus ( at least for a year or two ) we decided to look at all the boats there, we kept being drawn to the Bullet Boat display, after crawling around one and talking with the factory folks we decided to order one, should be here in a month or so, excited to give them a try.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by BrockstaRama
They seem to have lots of features but the fiberglass starts at 80k I believe.

For the biggest one they make and loaded it probably would be 80K.

You do realize that the Bass Cat, Bullet, Phoenix, Ranger, Skeeter, and most any other 21' 250 HP model will be the about the same price? flag
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 02:11 AM

Get the Phoenix. Great boats.

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by the skipper
They haven't started production yet. They are still fine tuning the process and figuring out some of the stuff for rigging or something like that. That's what the rep on BBC said. I question the paint process and how it will hold up. I do agree with others that for the money I wouldn't want to be the tester of the new boats.

I saw 3 of them on a trailer headed South on 59 between Lufkin and Nacogdoches the other day. hmmm

Some dealers list them as in stock so what are they trying to figure out?

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

I saw 3 of them on a trailer headed South on 59 between Lufkin and Nacogdoches the other day. hmmm

The way I understood it each dealer is going to get 4 2020 glass boats, they will be showing up in July, they are for the most part all sold unless someone backs out like I did. They do have a few that they are carrying around the country giving demo rides etc.

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
I was on the list to get one of the very first ones to leave the factory, went to the Bass Masters Classic for the unveiling, I was very disappointed in the looks, the pickle fork front end, the grill on the side of the boat, and the handicap railing on the top cap all turned me off. Now with that said, the quality of the boat is top notch, it has some very neat features, and from what I remember they do have rod storage with tubes and neat straps to hold down the rods. After deciding against the Vexus ( at least for a year or two ) we decided to look at all the boats there, we kept being drawn to the Bullet Boat display, after crawling around one and talking with the factory folks we decided to order one, should be here in a month or so, excited to give them a try.

Thanks Happykamper. I was hoping I would hear back from someone who actually laid eyes on the boat. Good luck with your Bullet!
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 05:09 AM

I love my Phoenix, but that is the last boat I will pay the price of a small starter home for. Unlike vehicles the buyer can help determine the price, these are luxury items for most of us and if we stop paying exorbitant prices we could help determine the baseline pricing. In theory anyway..... hammer
Posted By: fosterfence

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 06:03 AM

I myself almost bought one. I have been all through them, as well as ridden in them. I actually waited to see this boat for a while before getting a new one. The hull is built right, and rivals Ranger. The pickle fork, I actually loved. Maybe it isn’t pretty to some, but with the size of Ultrex and graphs I see it as a much needed addition to bass boats. I loved that room. The rod boxes, actually all boxes, are huge. The center box is awesome as it will easily hold 5-6 primary rods, and almost all your tackle or it could hold quite a few rods and some tackle like the current Rangers.
The wiring and electrical are what all boats should be today. Top notch by a long shot.

What I did not like and turned me away was some finishing touches. I think they are a year or 2 away from really being one of the best boats out there. The passenger rod holder is an ATV Koplin gun mount. That made 0 sense to me and was hideous. I did not like the center step drawer. I think it needs some more thought. The console ice chest and how solid it was on top was impressive. But, since you have to use it as an ice chest there was no real close storage for sunglasses, maps, etc within reach and easily accessible. The drawer doesn’t serve that function well. That would only leave you with passenger console glovebox. Which is fine, except in draw tournaments.
I hear the whole rail thing, but it didn’t bother me at all. The boat is a fine looking rig on the water. And the paint job made me nervous. I just don’t know if it will hold up yet, especially with a trailering cover.

With that said, it was 3 little things that kept me from buying the boat. I really wanted it because good ole JM controls everything. I wanted another 521c but cannot get one with an Evinrude. In no way after having the G2 will I consider driving anything until the other motors come out with similar hotfoot and steering. So that leaves me with ordering a 521L after the dealer meeting. It is the best option available to me, even though I really want another 521c with Evinrude
Posted By: MurraynTx

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 08:12 AM

I can't imagine any boat better than my 520L. Best one Ive ever owned.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 11:58 AM

You got me, that's just what the rep was saying the last couple days.

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by fosterfence
I myself almost bought one. I have been all through them, as well as ridden in them. I actually waited to see this boat for a while before getting a new one. The hull is built right, and rivals Ranger. The pickle fork, I actually loved. Maybe it isn’t pretty to some, but with the size of Ultrex and graphs I see it as a much needed addition to bass boats. I loved that room. The rod boxes, actually all boxes, are huge. The center box is awesome as it will easily hold 5-6 primary rods, and almost all your tackle or it could hold quite a few rods and some tackle like the current Rangers.
The wiring and electrical are what all boats should be today. Top notch by a long shot.

What I did not like and turned me away was some finishing touches. I think they are a year or 2 away from really being one of the best boats out there. The passenger rod holder is an ATV Koplin gun mount. That made 0 sense to me and was hideous. I did not like the center step drawer. I think it needs some more thought. The console ice chest and how solid it was on top was impressive. But, since you have to use it as an ice chest there was no real close storage for sunglasses, maps, etc within reach and easily accessible. The drawer doesn’t serve that function well. That would only leave you with passenger console glovebox. Which is fine, except in draw tournaments.
I hear the whole rail thing, but it didn’t bother me at all. The boat is a fine looking rig on the water. And the paint job made me nervous. I just don’t know if it will hold up yet, especially with a trailering cover.

With that said, it was 3 little things that kept me from buying the boat. I really wanted it because good ole JM controls everything. I wanted another 521c but cannot get one with an Evinrude. In no way after having the G2 will I consider driving anything until the other motors come out with similar hotfoot and steering. So that leaves me with ordering a 521L after the dealer meeting. It is the best option available to me, even though I really want another 521c with Evinrude

Very good description, I had forgot about the passenger rod holder LOL, there is no question this boat is all about quality, they will make some changes along the way an I could easily see myself in one, I hope they come up with more of a performance model that will run with Bass Cat, Triton, Phoenix, little more sleekish looking boat in place of a Lincoln Continental.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Capt BB
Ouch.

You think that Phoenix is much less, its not. I think Vexus will be an excellent made boat, they are still ugly tho.

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 01:39 PM

Thanks for the great review fosterfence. Yes JM does control everything
Posted By: DJB

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 03:45 PM

You guys crack me up complaining about JM. He is the only one keeping a half reasonable priced boat lineup.
Posted By: Insurance man

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 08:27 PM

You might want to take a look at the new Skeeter boat coming out this year...I hear it is going to be Awesome and way less than a Ranger.

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Capt BB

Thanks for the great review fosterfence. Yes JM does control everything

JM doesn't control Bass Cat, Bullet, Phoenix, Skeeter, and a few others. hmmm

I just named what most consider the best Bass Boats out there that does not have JM on the title and that I can remember! partyon
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Insurance man
You might want to take a look at the new Skeeter boat coming out this year...I hear it is going to be Awesome and way less than a Ranger.

still $80-90 grand. You have to be filthy rich to afford one of those every few year (or ever).
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/21/19 10:28 PM

If by “way less”, you mean around the same, or even way more than a loaded Ranger, you’re correct! roflmao
Posted By: fosterfence

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/22/19 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by DJB
You guys crack me up complaining about JM. He is the only one keeping a half reasonable priced boat lineup.

Originally Posted by DJB

I never complained about JM when comes to pricing, but I am complaining about JM when it comes to trying to control options on a boat. I understand his interest is with Mercury (as Skeeter is with Yamaha), and at least I can get a 521L with an Evinrude. I’m still spending my money JM. It does feel like the industry is shifting to the engine manufacturers are going to have to own their own boat brands
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/22/19 02:44 PM

Welcome to the DARK SIDE. You’ll never go back... flame
Posted By: Capt. Bryan

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/23/19 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by DJB

He is only waiting till he runs all the other manufacturers out of business so he can get top dollar for his Nitro. This coming from a current Nitro owner. Just look back in history, how many small boat companies did he run out of business with his cheap aluminum boat pricing, then caught the mid tier boats with the Nitro package pricing, then buy all the other you can and shut the doors.
Posted By: DJB

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/23/19 05:35 PM

Ok
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Vexus bass boat - 06/23/19 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Capt. Bryan
Originally Posted by DJB

He is only waiting till he runs all the other manufacturers out of business so he can get top dollar for his Nitro. This coming from a current Nitro owner. Just look back in history, how many small boat companies did he run out of business with his cheap aluminum boat pricing, then caught the mid tier boats with the Nitro package pricing, then buy all the other you can and shut the doors.

Don't forget, he also bought Cabelas and ruined it.
Posted By: Ozark Clark

Re: Vexus bass boat - 09/12/19 09:34 PM

Vexus VX Dream Room

[img]https://vexusboats.com/dream-room/v...0Dr038Tqiz4#&gid=gallery_0&pid=1[/img]

[img]https://vexusboats.com/dream-room/v...0Dr038Tqiz4#&gid=gallery_1&pid=1[/img]

[img]https://vexusboats.com/dream-room/v...0Dr038Tqiz4#&gid=gallery_3&pid=1[/img]

[img]https://vexusboats.com/dream-room/v...0Dr038Tqiz4#&gid=gallery_4&pid=1[/img]
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Vexus bass boat - 09/12/19 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
Originally Posted by DJB

Don't forget, he also bought Cabelas and ruined it.

clap FACT! ^
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Vexus bass boat - 09/12/19 11:05 PM

Save some money and go with Phenix.
Posted By: joebass2

Re: Vexus bass boat - 09/12/19 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by RATZ

still $80-90 grand. You have to be filthy rich to afford one of those every few year (or ever).

Or REALLY want people to think you are.... bolt
Posted By: KC Injection Baits

Re: Vexus bass boat - 09/12/19 11:39 PM

Looks just like the old Stratus but I can’t remember how to spell it, but it looks the same

Re: Vexus bass boat - 09/13/19 01:50 AM

Has the Bullet arrived yet? popcorn2

Re: Vexus bass boat - 09/13/19 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by DJB

what else do you think vexus brings to the table it’s a bass boat nothing more.
All the fiberglass boats built today are more than adequate vexus hasn’t proved anything yet itime will tell.

Re: Vexus bass boat - 09/13/19 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by DJB

I think the other manufacturers you speak of didn’t sell enough boats that’s on them.
Doubt J M held a gun to their head and made them sell.
Basscat sold out what about that J M doesn’t own them.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Vexus bass boat - 09/13/19 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by basscaster46
Originally Posted by DJB

All the fiberglass boats built today are more than adequate vexus hasn’t proved anything yet itime will tell.

Nitros are worth what he’s charging for them. Lol

Re: Vexus bass boat - 09/13/19 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by basscaster46
Originally Posted by DJB

Nitros are worth what he’s charging for them. Lol

Well lots of people like them he sells quite a few.
J D

stir

Re: Vexus bass boat - 09/13/19 12:57 PM

Has the Bullet arrived yet? popcorn2

No but they did send me a couple of pics, they were installing all the lids this week.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Vexus bass boat - 09/13/19 02:09 PM

I've only looked at their aluminum boats, but I thought the finish was awesome. Didn't even consider their fiberglass though.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Vexus bass boat - 09/13/19 02:50 PM

Saw an aluminum on the water a few weeks ago, they are very pretty boats. But man, with the chop on the water surface it was loud. Like a Skeeter slap/chop on steroids. I don’t see many aluminums down here, so I don’t know if they are all that loud or if these are especially loud.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum